Home
Posted By: Dave_Skinner COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Well, it finally happened.

A couple of weeks ago, my 86 year old Dad was hell-bent on going to the NWMACA gun show north of Kalispell, over my objections. He went with me once, and two other times by himself.

Sure enough, he's got COVID now, and is in the local COVID can. He was masked, so was I, but at his age with all his other problems?

After a week, he was sick as a dog, but his throat is always sore because he got chopped on for throat cancer, and he's always nauseous because he's on feeding tube goo, so at the emergency room last Monday, and he tends to run a little warm -- they didn't catch the diagnosis for Covid. That was eight hours of slobbery, snotty hotness I was cleaning up, right?
Next day, I go to VA to pre-brief for a Thursday follow up, then leave on a road trip with six meetings in five cities. On Thursday, Dad goes to VA and they sent him to the COVID unit.

I learned about this Sunday night when I called to check in and tell him I was back. So, here's the aftermath:

The neighbor lady, who took him to VA Thursday, tested positive and has symptoms, not bad, but she's got at least a bad cold she didn't deserve to get. The amazing part is, she's totally careful, she masked up and wiped down and did all the right things, but he infected her.

I'm probably infected, as I have a tiny head wetness, a little more snot than usual. I was tested yesterday (after being refused because I wasn't symptomatic enough). I had to burn up the phones calling all the people I met with, which was a royal pain.

Bottom line is, that Chinese crap JUMPS. Don't know yet if my old man will make it, they don't think he's going to die, but he's not going to have an easy time.
Posted By: Gus Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
we wish him, and you well. and all the others in the loop.

the whole thingy remains very strange.
Posted By: hanco Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Good luck to all of you!
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
It seems like the virus is finally hitting the remote and least populated parts of Montana, Wyoming and the Dakota’s. In the last month it’s hit more people I know than in the previous 5 months. Nothing too serious but something they said they wouldn’t wish on anyone.
Here’s to a full recovery for your Dad.
Posted By: slumlord Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Was the jerky and kettle korn any good?

Now would be a good time to juice up in vitamin D and zinc
Posted By: SBTCO Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Hope he comes out of it OK. But then even if he's only half as surly as you are I'm sure he'll be back home soon.

Also wanted to send along some kudos for a great interview last week on the Montana Talks radio show, learned a lot as usual.

Be well and give the old man a hug for us.
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Wish you the best, Flathead is a mess right now after tourist season. I’ve only been grocery shopping and a couple stores the last month, all with mask and hand sanitizer. I started getting a cough yesterday so I’m quarantined until I know WTF.

Dumb time to let a million people into the area.
Posted By: Squidge Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Good luck to you and your dad. I learned yesterday that two of my coworkers in our office tested positive late last week.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Masks are useless.

Take some D3, zinc and enjoy some gin & tonic!
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Best wishes to you and yours, sounds like your dad has already beaten a lot of stuff in his day.
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Thanks for the good thoughts. We need to be around so we can vote the Communists out. Hopefully this won't be the Chicom revenge for all those VC Dad helped kill in the Delta.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Best of luck to you and your dad. Yeah, it looks like masks don't do much to stop it from spreading. Mainly, you have to avoid crowded indoor areas.
Posted By: deflave Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Please keep us updated on the runny nose and mild fever.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Mainly, you have to avoid crowded indoor areas.

Uhhhh, can you explain why?
Originally Posted by deflave

Pretty self-evident.

Pretty self-evident.

I'll take that as a no.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I'm probably infected, as I have a tiny head wetness.

Probably not BOLO-19.

Shot in the ass, you'll be GTG.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Sorry your family doesn’t have T-Cell immunity that 60% of the population has, then there is the 38% IGM antibody response. I guess these folk in the OP were part of the 2% that get pretty sick.

Good thing for your dad the 70+ survivability rate is 94.6%

I know couples where one is positive and they swap love juices without the other ever becoming positive.

The virus is not virulent

Pretty self-evident.

I'll take that as a no.

Okay.
Posted By: Gus Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
personally i doubt it was revenge for that.

more likely revenge for Trump bringing various types of mfg back home.

but we never will know for sure, in all likelihood. it's become very asymmetric.
Posted By: cooper57m Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Last week I got a text from my my childhood friend that his Father in Law passed away from COVID in FL after having been in the ICU for weeks. This week I got another text from him that his Mother In Law also passed away from COVID. They were both elderly and the wife had Alzheimer's, still tough to lose both your parents in 10 days.
Posted By: super T Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
DeFlave, why are you so sure covid-19 can not spread via aerosols.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Hang in there, Dave, and your dad too!
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Depending on the strain, the Rona has a R0 of 5+, so it’s hard to stop and spreads fast. Once it left commie land we were all screwed.

I have some tonic made from Cinchona Bark, worst case it’s a decent drink.
Posted By: Aviator Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Prayers that both of you recover!
Posted By: OldHat Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Most masks do not prevent inhalation of infected aerosols. A cloth mask is for preventing the ejection of contaminated water droplets.

You need a canister mask with properly rated canisters to prevent the spread of aerosols carrying biological agents,
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Last week I got a text from my my childhood friend that his Father in Law passed away from COVID in FL after having been in the ICU for weeks. This week I got another text from him that his Mother In Law also passed away from COVID. They were both elderly and the wife had Alzheimer's, still tough to lose both your parents in 10 days.

LOL
Originally Posted by super T

Because my brain functions.

Because any infected aerosols recirculate in enclosed areas and increase the likelihood of someone else breathing in the particle. In the open air the aerosols are more likely to disperse. Same reason air quality is usually lower indoors than outdoors.
Posted By: super T Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
I'm sure you have a functioning brain, but that is not an answer.
Originally Posted by OldHat

Because any infected aerosols recirculate in enclosed areas and increase the likelihood of someone else breathing in the particle. In the open air the aerosols are more likely to disperse. Same reason air quality is usually lower indoors than outdoors.

LOL

SARS-CoV-2 is primarily a respiratory infection. Viral respiratory infections are known to spread through aerosolized ejected water droplets. The lower the humidity and the smaller the ejected droplet the more likely the ejected droplet will become an aerosol. The droplet dries out and becomes "airborne" in low humidity air.

LOL

Really? That is all you got?

LOL

It’s all I need.

I’m not a brain washed idiot.

SARS-CoV-2 is primarily a respiratory infection. Viral respiratory infections are known to spread through aerosolized ejected water droplets. The lower the humidity and the smaller the ejected droplet the more likely the ejected droplet will become an aerosol. The droplet dries out and becomes "airborne" in low humidity air.

LMFAO

Grow the fugk up.
I'm sure you have a functioning brain, but that is not an answer.

Common sense.

Education.

Life experience.

LOL

It’s all I need.

I’m not a brain washed idiot.

I assume you believe the cold and flu exist. How do you suppose they spread?

Or do you think the flu and the cold are just products of brainwashing?
Posted By: ribka Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
curious if either you or your father used a public restroom at the gun show or gas station
Some of y’all obviously missed the report where they found it actually spreads more like the norovirus.

Stop pretending that you know what you’re talking about.
When you finally realize you are basically defenseless against the spread of a virus, you just wash your hands and press on.

Its another case of humans thinking they are so damn smart.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
That’s who spread that stuff everywhere . People who use the public restrooms. Go in there, rub your arse hole then don’t wash your cawk mitts. Use same finger to rub a booger out. Then touch the countertops and the handles and leave.

#ViralLoad
The best thing ever besides prayer is the low HIT rate at about 13%. Every kid that gets it and resolves it provides a gap in transmission.
Originally Posted by BobBrown
That’s who spread that stuff everywhere . People who use the public restrooms. Go in there, rub your arse hole then don’t wash your cawk mitts. Use same finger to rub a booger out. Then touch the countertops and the handles and leave.

flush a toilet or urinal and watch the viruses fly in the air. Better to just let this flu virus work its way through our population like other flu viruses and work on the vaccine. Take standard flu precautions.

Take lots of zinc, vit D selenium during flu season, wash your hands frequently, and dont touch your face. Make sure you are of decent weight and at least walk 30 m min every day and eat healthy. Avoid public crowded indoor areas for long periods of time.

Posted By: slumlord Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20

TFF

Then make your Whopper

lol
Posted By: gunswizard Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20
Pretending you know what you're talking about, now there's a case of the pot calling the kettle black if ever there was one. Should have known coming from the campfire's own village idiot.
Posted By: add Re: COVID is virulent - 09/30/20

Done, done, and done.

amen brother!!!!
Originally Posted by ribka

flush a toilet or urinal and watch the viruses fly in the air. Better to just let this flu virus work its way through our population like other flu viruses and work on the vaccine. Take standard flu precautions.

Take lots of zinc, vit D selenium during flu season, wash your hands frequently, and dont touch your face. Make sure you are of decent weight and at least walk 30 m min every day and eat healthy. Avoid public crowded indoor areas for long periods of time.

I never walk. I roll through the house and grocery. I eat nothing but things that come in a wrapper. I rub my face for 30 minutes a day and purposely touch everything possible. My immune system is jacked.
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Pretending you know what you're talking about, now there's a case of the pot calling the kettle black if ever there was one. Should have known coming from the campfire's own village idiot.

You probably cannot take the monogrip off your model 66. Take it to the gunsmith and chit.

I never walk. I roll through the house and grocery. I eat nothing but things that come in a wrapper. I rub my face for 30 minutes a day and purposely touch everything possible. My immune system is jacked.

you da man then, proves that anything works
Haven't the slightest idea WTF you're talking about.

Sure thing, lard ass.
Now our sneezes dry midair and become an “airborne” virus.

LOL

Where did you idiots go to school?
Is that the best you got there deacon ? Pretty pathetic coming from a guy who's an expert at darn near everything in his own mind.
Posted By: deflave Re: COVID is virulent - 10/01/20
Is that the best you got there deacon ? Pretty pathetic coming from a guy who's an expert at darn near everything in his own mind.

Feel free to take a crack at it, lard ass.
Posted By: OldHat Re: COVID is virulent - 10/01/20
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Some of y’all obviously missed the report where they found it actually spreads more like the norovirus.

No I did not see it. Can you provide a link.

We know it infects the respiratory tract. So it obviously has the ability to produce particle laden sneeze droplets. We also know it enters cells through the ACE2 receptor on the cell walls. The small vessels in mucous membranes have such receptors.

LMFAO

Grow the fugk up.

So this is your shtick. You post nonsense and pretend to laugh.

Stop pretending that you know what you’re talking about.

Are you pretending?
Who’s pretending?
Posted By: BobBrown Re: COVID is virulent - 10/01/20

We know it infects the respiratory tract. So it obviously has the ability to produce particle laden sneeze droplets. We also know it enters cells through the ACE2 receptor on the cell walls. The small vessels in mucous membranes have such receptors.

We?

The mouse in your pocket and you?
Haven't the slightest idea WTF you're talking about.

Righty Tighty

Lefty Loosey

Bob

LOL

Yes, indeed. When you sneeze, cough, talk avidly or eat like a slob your mouth ejects particles. If the droplet is small enough and the humidity is low enough the droplet dries and carries a load of viral particles. This has been known and understood for a lot longer than covid.

It's very easy to see. Feel fee to read many papers, and/or articles on the subject.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=humidity+effect+on+viral+transmission
Who’s pretending?

Pretending what?

We?

No I don't have a mouse. We as in humanity. The collection of human minds that communicate through written papers and such.

We?

No I don't have a mouse. We as in humanity. The collection of human minds that communicate through written papers and such.

No, I don’t believe we know all those things. Just carry on though.

We?

No, I don’t believe we know all those things. Just carry on though.

Exactly which part don't you believe?
1) SARS-CoV-2 infects the respiratory system
2) A sneeze can produce particle laden droplets
3) SARS-CoV-2 infects cells via ACE2 receptors
4) Small vessels in mucous membranes have ACE2 receptors
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: COVID is virulent - 10/01/20
The whole point is it doesn’t matter how it spreads or if it spreads, 98% of humans have a decent immune response whether IGM or T-Cell, the other 2% may get a significant cytokine response to cause mainly a respiratory problem. Others get an inflammatory response in other organs and such.

The other point is, Ivermectin is a cure, its being used in Australia and in the United States. There is a multitude of treatments to ease the cytokine response, and Zinc/Quinine can reduce viral cell replication.

The even other point is worst case scenario, Folks 70+ have a 94.6% survivability.

Only the STUPID can’t see how optimistic this is.
Posted By: westside_benny Re: COVID is virulent - 10/01/20

LOL

Yes, indeed. When you sneeze, cough, talk avidly or eat like a slob your mouth ejects particles. If the droplet is small enough and the humidity is low enough the droplet dries and carries a load of viral particles. This has been known and understood for a lot longer than covid.

It's very easy to see. Feel fee to read many papers, and/or articles on the subject.

What about if you eat avidly and talk sloppily? Trying to avoid as many contact points as possible so as not to infect the underground sports teams my kids are in.
Stupid people, every breath you take and exhale has “particle Laden droplets” and the viri goes right through those STUPID mask like a mosquito through a chain link fence.

Fauci said mask don’t work, Nancy doesn’t wear hers
I agree JohnnyLoco. The response is blown way out of proportion to the pint of insanity. I don't believe there should be any lock downs anywhere. I believe the vulnerable should simply make life choices to avoid infection and the rest of society should continue on living like they always have.
Stupid people, every breath you take and exhale has “particle Laden droplets” and the viri goes right through those STUPID mask like a mosquito through a chain link fence

In normal breathing you exhale gas. Not droplets.

You are right in that most masks do not stop aerosols.
The danger is folk that believe this crap. The Bible talks about delusions and folk easily deceived
Stupid people, every breath you take and exhale has “particle Laden droplets” and the viri goes right through those STUPID mask like a mosquito through a chain link fence

You are right in that the masks do not stop aerosols.

EACH BREATH YOU EXHALE HAS CONDENSATION
Originally Posted by westside_benny

LOL

What about if you eat avidly and talk sloppily? Trying to avoid as many contact points as possible so as not to infect the underground sports teams my kids are in.

I don't think bad grammar has any effect.
Now that we have a grip on treatment, the humane thing to do is spread the virus as fast as possible.

The water is in vapor form when it leaves your mouth or nose. Condensation is a phase transition from a gas to a liquid. It does not form a droplet until after it leaves your body.

LOL

LMAO

One born every minute.
The whole point is it doesn’t matter how it spreads or if it spreads, 98% of humans have a decent immune response whether IGM or T-Cell, the other 2% may get a significant cytokine response to cause mainly a respiratory problem. Others get an inflammatory response in other organs and such.

The other point is, Ivermectin is a cure, its being used in Australia and in the United States. There is a multitude of treatments to ease the cytokine response, and Zinc/Quinine can reduce viral cell replication.

The even other point is worst case scenario, Folks 70+ have a 94.6% survivability.

Only the STUPID can’t see how optimistic this is.

Fugking Gold Right Here!

I nominate you for a prize of some sort ! Yes!
Posted By: Blackheart Re: COVID is virulent - 10/01/20

LMFAO

Grow the fugk up.

So this is your shtick. You post nonsense and pretend to laugh.
Yep, that's it. That's all he's ever had.
Originally Posted by Blackheart

You two should start a support group.

You could knit dunce caps.

LOL
Posted By: Blackheart Re: COVID is virulent - 10/01/20

You two should start a support group.

You could knit dunce caps.

LOL
The funniest thing about you is that you think you're funny. A few of us see you for what you are. Pathetic.
The funniest thing about you is that you think you're funny.

The funniest thing about you is that ginormous snatch you drag everywhere you go.

LOL
Posted By: 79S Re: COVID is virulent - 10/01/20

The funniest thing about you is that ginormous snatch you drag everywhere you go.

LOL

Go GI Joe Biden!!!!

The water is in vapor form when it leaves your mouth or nose. Condensation is a phase transition from a gas to a liquid. It does not form a droplet until after it leaves your body.

Ok, vapor it is. Now go spread the viri !
Posted By: duck911 Re: COVID is virulent - 10/01/20

LOL

The resident azzhat has been hitting the bottle tonight again.

Best to just ignore the childish dipchit.
Originally Posted by duck911

Speaking of dumb fugks:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...exponential-growth-covid-19#Post14685530

LOL
Posted By: Prwlr Re: COVID is virulent - 10/01/20
...He was masked, so was I... The neighbor lady, she's totally careful, she masked up and wiped down and did all the right things....

Right there, proof positive that the masks do not work. Sorry for your dad, prayers for a speedy recovery.

I think wearing masks, "quarantining", social distancing, etc, are not going to contain this virus. It is truly a pandemic. I believe that it was already present in the world community as early as September, maybe even earlier. This was a carefully planned strike with the aid of our very own CDC funding of Chinese virus research signed by Dr. Fauci. A US ship which was at sea for six months whose last port of call was Spain had a crew of which 30% tested positive for the virus. How were they infected, in about August/September, when no one "knew" of the virus until December? This virus is mainly very virulent in the elderly, immune-compromised, and/or having multiple comorbidities (average of 2.6 cited by the CDC). We are never going to be rid of this virus, just like we haven't ever got rid of the common cold (2 strains of corona virus), swine flu, West Nile, H1N1, Asian flu, measles, mumps, polio, Herpes, RSV, CMV, etc... Vaccines will help the majority of those who take them. For the vast majority of the population it is a disease which is unnoticeable to very mild symptoms to flu like symptoms. Shoving your head in the sand hoping it will go away solves nothing but political expediency.

Speaking of dumb fugks:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...exponential-growth-covid-19#Post14685530

LOL

Like I said, best to ignore the childish dipchit.
GREAT call on The Corona, Duck.

GREAT call.

LOL

We exhale CO2 + H2O as the result of carbohydrate metabolism, yes the water is in vapor form but it starts condensing on your mask as soon as it leaves your body. I was taught in the hospital that most masks work for about maybe 30 minutes after you start breathing into them because they become damp therefore allowing droplets to transfer the virus. Only specialized masks offer ANY protection from viruses. On several of the masks I purchased early on the warnings in the fine print stated that they were not effective for viruses and/or were for NON MEDICAL use. The ones recently purchased (still made in China) do not have these warnings but the masks are the same.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: COVID is virulent - 10/01/20
Originally Posted by Prwlr

We exhale CO2 + H2O as the result of carbohydrate metabolism, yes the water is in vapor form but it starts condensing on your mask as soon as it leaves your body. I was taught in the hospital that most masks work for about maybe 30 minutes after you start breathing into them because they become damp therefore allowing droplets to transfer the virus. Only specialized masks offer ANY protection from viruses. On several of the masks I purchased early on the warnings in the fine print stated that they were not effective for viruses and/or were for NON MEDICAL use. The ones recently purchased (still made in China) do not have these warnings but the masks are the same.

I used to have a box of masks that actually advertised as antiviral. The material was infused with an antiviral agent. I used them up mowing my lawn before COVID 19 was even a thing, though.
Posted By: ribka Re: COVID is virulent - 10/01/20

LOL

A moment of silence for the Duck of death puleez

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/us/george-floyd-mural-in-houston-trnd/index.html

thank you for learning the covtards on here. My friends on the front lines of healthcare have been saying the same for 5 months.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: COVID is virulent - 10/01/20
You pretend all the time there deacon, pretend to be a recovering alcoholic, pretend to be a deacon. Whatever enters that pointed little head of yours you pretend to be. BTW what's up with the azz fixation lately, oh I know you're pretending to be a proctologist. Truth be know you're little more than a pathetic loser who makes multiple posts to pump up your post count and draw attention to yourself. No pretend about it you are an attention w hore.
TRH
Any luck finding them now. The real problem with wearing the masks as protection is that a mask only works if it is well fitting, that is, there is a good seal around the mask. If there isn't, air takes the path of least resistance and you can breath in contaminated droplets. One of the more troublesome infections in a hospital (prior to Covid) is TB which is also transmitted by droplets. It is a very tiny bacteria and requires specialized well fitted masks to provide protection as a matter of fact I had to take a yearly class in wearing a special hood (battery powered filtration system) which sealed around my neck because I have a full beard and cannot wear a mask for protection. All hospital employees must pass such a class with either the hood or special mask. They test with a strong (putrid) odor from a small capsule similar to smelling salts. If you can smell it you are not protected. Comparing Corona virus to TB is like comparing the head of a pin to a hot dog. With the masks that people are using it is like trying to keep mosquitoes out of your yard with a chain link fence.
You pretend all the time there deacon, pretend to be a recovering alcoholic, pretend to be a deacon. Whatever enters that pointed little head of yours you pretend to be. BTW what's up with the azz fixation lately, oh I know you're pretending to be a proctologist. Truth be know you're little more than a pathetic loser who makes multiple posts to pump up your post count and draw attention to yourself. No pretend about it you are an attention w hore.

Deflave's a whore and I can attest to that. I'll even swear out an affidavit

Remember when you claimed to be a gunsmith?

LMAO

You fat fugk.

Deflave's a whore and I can attest to that. I'll even swear out an affidavit

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Remember when you claimed to be a gunsmith?

LMAO

You fat fugk.

I have seen "fat fugk" posted from you multiple times tonight.

Got anything more original? Or is this the tequila du jour response we can expect from you until you pass out on the couch?
Duck,

I would refer to him as “dumb fugk” but there’s no prying that trophy from your delicate hands.

LOL
Dung of death. Go drink a Peppermint mocha cino
Dung,

Someone is Looking for you, you Cali conservative motor boatin SOB

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...5272815/gonew/1/prolapsed-anus-or#UNREAD

The Duck will have you know that he has SEEN the Yellow Footprints.

LOL
Posted By: Calvin Re: COVID is virulent - 10/01/20
Covid is coming for us all. No escape.

LOL

Does your wife know you are still up and on the computer??
Originally Posted by 79S

Does your wife know you are still up and on the computer??

She’s totally oblivious.

Her and the kids are sick with something. Not sure what.

LOSERS!

LOL

You two have fun jacking each other off. I am up early to chase some elk. 'Nite.

LOL

You two have fun jacking each other off. I am up early to chase some elk. 'Nite.

Don’t forget your hair clips.
Dung and Roy always resort to insinuation of anal sex and male on male activities. What a couple of homophobic losers.

LOL

Don’t forget your dessert coffee

LOL

good luck and be safe

https://www.elkhuntinglc.com
TRH
Any luck finding them now. The real problem with wearing the masks as protection is that a mask only works if it is well fitting, that is, there is a good seal around the mask. If there isn't, air takes the path of least resistance and you can breath in contaminated droplets. One of the more troublesome infections in a hospital (prior to Covid) is TB which is also transmitted by droplets. It is a very tiny bacteria and requires specialized well fitted masks to provide protection as a matter of fact I had to take a yearly class in wearing a special hood (battery powered filtration system) which sealed around my neck because I have a full beard and cannot wear a mask for protection. All hospital employees must pass such a class with either the hood or special mask. They test with a strong (putrid) odor from a small capsule similar to smelling salts. If you can smell it you are not protected. Comparing Corona virus to TB is like comparing the head of a pin to a hot dog. With the masks that people are using it is like trying to keep mosquitoes out of your yard with a chain link fence.

Full beard here, also.
Originally Posted by Calvin
Covid is coming for us all. No escape.

Like the Spanish Flu?

LOL

We all know you won’t be chasing very far .LOL
The only way Duck gonna get motivated is if that bull got a 40” dick.

LOL
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: COVID is virulent - 10/02/20
Never mind the snark, kids.

I've gotten the call from the public health people and I am positive, but totally asymptomatic. Temp 96.9, so the lady didn't want to waste a swab, but I insisted. Went to the hospital today and talked to the Dr, then to my cousin (my Dad's executor), as there was nothing good to hear. Could I get in since it didn't effing matter any more? Heck no. So....

I called my Dad for the last time a few hours ago. The Covid has wrecked his lungs. All he could do was make an animal noise as I said goodbye. I'm waiting for the official call at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later. Now the best I can hope for is, I get to see him at the crematorium before they shove him in there, I've got a squadron patch I want to place on his chest.

At least Arlington is beautiful in the spring.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: COVID is virulent - 10/02/20
Schit, Dave.

Sorry about that.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: COVID is virulent - 10/02/20
Very sorry Dave. Lost my Dad to it as well two months ago.
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: COVID is virulent - 10/02/20
Sorry to hear that

-Jake
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: COVID is virulent - 10/02/20
Damn...

Sorry to hear that Dave and you also Fats.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: COVID is virulent - 10/02/20
Never mind the snark, kids.

I've gotten the call from the public health people and I am positive, but totally asymptomatic. Temp 96.9, so the lady didn't want to waste a swab, but I insisted. Went to the hospital today and talked to the Dr, then to my cousin (my Dad's executor), as there was nothing good to hear. Could I get in since it didn't effing matter any more? Heck no. So....

I called my Dad for the last time a few hours ago. The Covid has wrecked his lungs. All he could do was make an animal noise as I said goodbye. I'm waiting for the official call at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later. Now the best I can hope for is, I get to see him at the crematorium before they shove him in there, I've got a squadron patch I want to place on his chest.

At least Arlington is beautiful in the spring.

Dave, I am so very sorry brother.
Posted By: ERK Re: COVID is virulent - 10/02/20
Sorry for the bad news. Our local old folks home has been hit hard. It’s a small town deal but 38 staff and 32 residents are infected so far. 7 deaths in about a week and counting.
Ya I know they were old and had problems but most would still be alive if not for the covid.
Prayers sent for you also. Edk
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: COVID is virulent - 10/02/20
Whats the news this morning, Dave?
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: COVID is virulent - 10/02/20
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Damn...

Sorry to hear that Dave and you also Fats.

Yes, sorry for your and your family's loss.

Some folks it hurts bad and some it barely touches. Folks can live in constant fear of it or downplay it and say it's nothing, but the truth is it spreads like crazy.
© 24hourcampfire