Home
watching the breakup of remington, what hasn't been clear is who has bought the remington rifles, shotguns, and pistol rights. ruger gets marlin, Vista is buying the ammo division which makes sense because of their business with federal/CCI.
Roundhill Group LLC bought Remington, and the museum.
from what I can say they paid $13 million and roundhill is basically a real estate company. I find it interesting that the news has been centered around what will happen to the other companies like marlin, the ammo line, and barnes bullets. The actual gun business that started it you have to dig for that info. tuff to imagine remington rifles and shotguns going totally away, but from the looks of it that may happen. Wow what a story. they should make a movie out of cerbus and its vampiring of the company.
A quick review brings to mind three Remingtons in my safe at this time. In no particular order - a 6mm Remington 40X ( rebarreled from a .243), a .220 Swift 700 Classic, a .338 Win. magnum in a stainless synthetic M700. In the past have numerous others with emphasis on the Classic models.

Jim
All at the bottom of the river, in a deep pool on a sweeping rocky bend.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...llc-purchase-of-remington-presser#UNREAD
I own 4 Remington long guns. Hope that part of hte company survives & thrives.
I own several Remington bolt action rifles, Models 722, 700, 700Ti, and Model Seven. A couple of them bought in the 90's and that when I saw Remington quality going down hill so from then on only bought used. The Rem 722 I have was mfg in 1948 and I acquired it in the 80's and had it rebarreled to 7mm08 when Remington made the 7mm08 a factory round and Ive taken elk, antelope, bear, deer, coyotes with it and am still using it as its (IMHO) the best bolt that Rem ever made as far a quality goes.

Same with the few Rem 870's I have, all acquired in the 70's-80's.
Have a Remington 700 custom electric razor.

All the rem firearms fell in a sink hole.
Read the OP

Funny
Are you saying a thread has taken off on a tangent?

Oh, the unprecedented horror.

Originally Posted by BobBrown
Read the OP

Funny
I wonder if the new Remington firearms owners had to inherit all the lawsuits too? All the people who are Cerebus and stockholders of Cerebus should have a price on their heads. MB

Remember back when people liked the NRA, the NRA ran a survey Winchester model 70 or Remington 700, shooters and hunters picked the Remington 700 almost 2 to 1, amazed the NRA, and everyone else.
Just as long as the new owners keep on with slide action centerfires.
grin
Just got in a 700 C-grade today from the custom shop. I'll post my impressions and some photos in the next few days. So far, it looks REALLY nice. Be interesting to see what Remington can do now with all their issues.
Bob
The only Remington left in my safe is an original Remington 700 Ti in 7mm RSAUM. I had a 700 CDL in 7/08 that I wish I hadn't sold.
I own a few remington rifles and a shotgun.
Been shooting and owning them for decades. Haven't bought a new one in years but I still shoot the ones I have. What happens to Remington now as a company has no bearing on rifles and shotguns already owned. Everyone has parts for them and any gunsmith can work on them.
Originally Posted by RIO7

Remember back when people liked the NRA, the NRA ran a survey Winchester model 70 or Remington 700, shooters and hunters picked the Remington 700 almost 2 to 1, amazed the NRA, and everyone else.

Survey's like this were once done on the 870 & the Model 12 Winchester. The M12 is a great piece of machining, but gun writers, engineers, etc, agreed the 870 was a better design. Guess that's why Rem sold over 11 million of them.

Over 4 million 1100 shotguns, 6 or 7 million model 700 rifles.

The most new cartridges developed by any standing American Gun Co. (till last week)

Americas oldest gun company.

All fugged by corporate raiders, biased news media & lawyers/judges hell bent on suing American companies into the ground. I shouldn't give a flip about this as I really don't need anymore Remingtons, I've got plenty. But whose next??????

The turn of events of all this will have us all buying EVERYTHING we purchase,,,, from China.
I’ve got a bunch of ‘em and even have a 45 auto 😊
None
I have two, both are the wife's. An 870 Light weight Limited 20 gauge and a Model 7 in 7-08. Remington is one of the few makers that actually fit a firearm to a shorter statured person. Not just cut down actually proportioned. I have had several, none around anymore, and no plans to buy any.

All this got me to thinking about Remington's I own, and have owned, the first one i bought back in the 1950s was a 721, 270, i bought it because all my friends and uncles had 30-06s, and the guy at the hardware store in Vernal, Utah, told me the 270 would out shoot any 30-06 hands down, Hell's bell's that was good enough for me $ 136.00 out the door, killed Elk, Mule Deer, Speed Goats, and anything else that needed kill'in,
I saved up enough money to put a Weaver K-4 scope on it the next year, the 721 has more horse back miles on it than most 20 year old cars, my son has it now, he killed a dry cow Elk with it last fall, just for the hell of it. it still shoots real good with 130 gr. core locks. Rio7
660, 571, 700's, 7, 760, 870's.

Wish I had a few more.

You will never hear that stupid, trite,
only impressive the first time you hear it, (30 years ago for me)
line about my guns from me.
I own 4 Remingtons. A 1903A3, Model 700 in .243, model 700 in .223 and a really old 32 rimfire that belonged to my grand father. My brother has the .22 rolling block rimfire single shot. I have never shot the .32 rimfire but the other 4 do exactly what they are supposed to do.

kwg
Question, did Roundhill get Dakota as well?

I have my clean one owner Rem 1100 that I bought in 1973

28" mod vent rib 12 gauge

should I list in the ads ?

Paid $174
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I wonder if the new Remington firearms owners had to inherit all the lawsuits too? All the people who are Cerebus and stockholders of Cerebus should have a price on their heads. MB

Usually buying assets out of chapter 11 absolves the buyers of such obligations...
You would think with that many sporting rifle assets, they should have made a go of it. This begs the question, what is wrong with the market ?
not a single remington left for me.
Does this mean that I have to sell my 40X and PSS for cheap?
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Does this mean that I have to sell my 40X and PSS for cheap?

Yep time on a dollar.

PM me, if you pay shipping, I'll help you out at $.15/$.
Hard to believe that the 7, 700, 7600, 870, and 1100 won't find a home.
Have two Remington 700 BDL’s , a .270 & .243, both made in 1966. Also a model 1100 from 1975. Man they knew how to make them well back then!
My first gun was a 20 gauge 870 wingmaster. I believe it is also a lightweight (although not sure how it differs from standard wingmasters).1986'ish vintage. Second gun was a .22 slide action Remington 572 fieldmaster. Prolly 88' ish. My wife has her grandfathers 870 12 gauge, full choke, big bastard. He shot trap with it and very little field use, so it is in great condition. Also have model 700 .300 rum.

I hope the new owners don't flub it up. Would be cool to see Remington great again. I also like the idea of Ruger making lever action rifles in 45-70.
Nylon 66 under the Christmas tree when I was 12 . Lost it to a friend borrower years later, rusted beyond repair. It was accurate as hell . I could weep. 1100 LT 20 gage new in 1983 and it will only leave me after Im gone.
Got an 870p next to the bed, Stoked with 4buck and a couple of slugs. Don't be the bump in the night. Had a 700KS in 30-06 that I shouldn't have sold. Thats about it. Except for the wife’s 870 20 gauge on her side of the bed, full of 4buck.
I have a model 600 in a 222. Along with several 700 classics and mountain rifles in various calibers. Don't have anything newer than '05.
Have lots of Remingtons including a super accurate 7mm RM custom. But my favorite is my Rem 725 in 30-06. Super cool well made rifle.
I own a few remington rifles and shotguns you bloody phucqking moron.
© 24hourcampfire