Home
Posted By: ISRO Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
Can someone explain to me how they are of no help at all!

I thought their purpose was to limit the distance a infected person could potentially cough or sneeze the viral load from their own person, thus thus slowing transmission by limiting exposure just as in social distancing?
Posted By: Stophel Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
Frankly, whether they "work" or not, forcing someone to wear one (especially when they're NOT sick) is tyranny. Period.

If masks "work", then shouldn't we be forced to wear them all the time.. for everything? The flu. The cold. Everything else. Think of the lives that would be saved! And remember, if it saves just ONE life, it's all worth it!

People get sick. That's the way of the world.
Posted By: Remsen Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
I have no idea of the medical explanation for masks (pro or con), but have been traveling a lot since the virus hit and have a few observations. First, a lot of people aren't wearing masks in a way that will stop the aerosol effect of sneezing, etc. Whether it's a guy (or chick, in CA) with a beard or the mask not fitting right or even just the little gaps around the nose and mouth when you wear one, things are going to sneak out. Second, things like having to wear a mask when you walk into a restaurant but not when you're eating pretty much obviates any benefit masks may have. Third, just as a matter of common sense, viruses are very small and the weave of a typical mask people wear just can't really stop the viruses from getting through.

I wear a mask when I have to, particularly when I fly, and I've seen people do all of the above in one of the worst environments possible for a virus spread (an aircraft). If I've had the virus, it wasn't a big deal. I've had a few colds since about January 2020 and for all I know, it was the virus. There are things I'm much more concerned about, like BLM riots.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
Lick all the doorknobs you want, people are [bleep] filthy.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
Posted By: ISRO Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
Originally Posted by Stophel
Frankly, whether they "work" or not, forcing someone to wear one (especially when they're NOT sick) is tyranny. Period.

If masks "work", then shouldn't we be forced to wear them all the time.. for everything? The flu. The cold. Everything else. Think of the lives that would be saved! And remember, if it saves just ONE life, it's all worth it!

So people should be allowed to effect other peoples health? What about the personal responsibility?

You never did explain that they do not work at all, your thoughts?
Originally Posted by 700LH

Rest of the story, and good ol sheriff has his mask on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e127t6Ry-oE
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
Originally Posted by ISRO

So people should be allowed to effect other peoples health? What about the personal responsibility?

If you’re not sick/tested positive how are you effecting someone else’s health? Where do you draw the line?
Is BLM/Antifa rioters burning and destroying folks private property and endangering people’s lives a concern to you? Do you advocate violence as we’re seeing in major cities around the us?

So put a mask on protect yourself or stay home, don't force it upon others
Prove that most masks and the manner they’re worn do absolutely anything to stop the spread.
Masks are a symbol of leftist compliance and their never ending desire to be part of a “community”. Liberals are sheep that demand they be cared for. Culls that should be allowed to die off. The weak, sick.... the beta’s.
Originally Posted by jackmountain

If you’re not sick/tested positive how are you effecting someone else’s health? Where do you draw the line?
Is BLM/Antifa rioters burning and destroying folks private property and endangering people’s lives a concern to you? Do you advocate violence as we’re seeing in major cities around the us?

Are you familiar with the term asymptomatic? CDC estimates 45% of all virus carriers have no symptoms, think about that for a minute. You could be one of those people yourself, why would you want to unknowingly infect someone else?

Seems like the descent thing to do to protect others, kind of simple if you ask me.

What is the correlation between protecting someone else's health with some mask wearing/social distancing and the rioting for you, as I have a hard time following that connection?
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
We should outlaw vehicles because people may get in an accident and hurt or kill someone.
Prove that most masks and the manner they’re worn do absolutely anything to stop the spread.
Masks are a symbol of leftist compliance and their never ending desire to be part of a “community”. Liberals are sheep that demand they be cared for. Culls that should be allowed to die off. The weak, sick.... the beta’s.

So your suggesting that having a cloth mask does nothing to limit the distance a viral load could be discharged from your face?

Like a handkerchief does nothing as well when you blow your nose, it catches nothing or does not limit the distance the crud can travel, it all completely escapes the handkerchief?

Have the laws of physics ceased to exist in your world?
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
We should outlaw vehicles because people may get in an accident and hurt or kill someone.

Do we not have laws governing their use to protect people?

Nice try!
why face masks don't work

masks don't work

CDC guidelines

Why don't they work?

They ain't worth squat

randomized test show that wearing masks don't help

It's funny how the "authority figures" say masks don't work... until it becomes politically expedient for them to change their minds..... "masks work! and they should be mandatory!"

Of course, you may choose to believe or disbelieve any of the information provided in the above links.
Posted By: wvshooter Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
The level of filtration required to filter out something as small as a virus particle is not going to be achieved with masks not intended or appropriate for that purpose. Combine that with the fact that even if the masks do have some benefit, a strict protocol combined with other protective equipment measures would have to be followed in hope of getting any benefit. It's an all or nothing scenario ........... either you always follow a very strict protocol without deviation or it essentially becomes useless. So you combine these cloth or procedure masks with non-medically trained people and there is nothing there other than a ridiculous mandate. The vast majority of people cannot comprehend the micron particle sized, airborne transmission, and how highly contagious these respiratory viruses are. Even medically trained professionals that are caring for COVID patients and use multiple levels of PPE (N95 masks, gowns, gloves, hand hygiene, contact precations, etc) are contracting the virus. Both them and the patients are wearing masks, how did they get it if masks prevent the spread??

It's a real disservice to the public that some medical "experts" are leading people to believe that if you follow their recommendations you can prevent the spread of this virus. Not all medical experts feel that way. There are plenty of highly trained people that do not agree with these unjustified mandates. About the only thing being filtered out these days is the various media sources filtering out opinion of these experts.

Nice try!

Like seat belts, another gooberment overreach..

Nice try!

You truly are an idiot. Traffic laws don't prevent accidents, just like wearing a mask doesn't prevent spreading microbes.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
Little lefty pussies that want to wear a mask should do so.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
why face masks don't work

masks don't work

CDC guidelines

Why don't they work?

They ain't worth squat

randomized test show that wearing masks don't help

It's funny how the "authority figures" say masks don't work... until it becomes politically expedient for them to change their minds..... "masks work! and they should be mandatory!"

Of course, you may choose to believe or disbelieve any of the information provided in the above links.

Did you actually read those links?

Read them and get back to me.

One was talking about stopping the virus itself and we all know that is not possible but the distance those water droplets which are infected can be spread can surely be limited by something blocking your cough or sneeze, there by limiting the distance it can be directed.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
There's so many pseudo intellectual clowns on the forum lately.
Posted By: MAC Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
I wear them only when and where I am required to. As soon as I can it comes off. I hate the damn things and I don't believe a simple piece of cloth tied around you face does a damn thing.
Posted By: widrahthaar Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
I’ll wear a mask into Walmart when even 25% of the people in there look like they give a f about their health.

Hard to feal reasonable for people health that are 100 pounds overweight...

Are you familiar with the term asymptomatic? CDC estimates 45% of all virus carriers have no symptoms, think about that for a minute. You could be one of those people yourself, why would you want to unknowingly infect someone else?

Seems like the descent thing to do to protect others, kind of simple if you ask me.

What is the correlation between protecting someone else's health with some mask wearing/social distancing and the rioting for you, as I have a hard time following that connection?

The correlation is simple. Your friends are beating people up, burning, looting and destroying private property, shooting police officers. If you’re so concerned about how folks actions effect other folks health, you should be just as concerned about the blm/Antifa/terrorists actions as you are anti-mask/govt tyranny folks like me.
Prove that they work.

Prove that they save lives.

Prove that they stop transmission of this disease.

And again, if they work, shouldn't they be mandatory EVERYWHERE, ALL the time? There are other diseases out there too. Deadly diseases.

Nice try!

You truly are an idiot. Traffic laws don't prevent accidents, just like wearing a mask doesn't prevent spreading microbes.

Really?

Speed limits don't save lives?

Driving while impaired doesn't save lives?

Texting while driving laws don't save lives?

Seat belt laws don't save lives?

Once again the masks can not prevent the microbes from spreading in itself, but they limit the distance the water vapor droplets that carry them can travel, thus slowing the spread.

What ya got my friend!
Prove that they work.

Prove that they save lives.

Prove that they stop transmission of this disease.

And again, if they work, shouldn't they be mandatory EVERYWHERE, ALL the time? There are other diseases out there too. Deadly diseases.

Are you suggesting a mask will not limit the distance a cough or sneeze can travel?

It is really about slowing the transmission of the disease.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20

If you think that they protect you then wear one. You will be fine.
Ah... "slowing the spread"... I see...
Posted By: Windfall Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
Viruses are extremely small, but they do not float by themselves, they need a water vapor molecule to attach to. (i.e. your breath) Since cotton will absorb up to 27 times it’s weight in water, a mask works just like your bath towel or undershirt for accumulating moisture. They shouldn’t be considered a political statement.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20

Nice try!

Really?

Speed limits don't save lives?

Driving while impaired doesn't save lives?

Texting while driving laws don't save lives?

Seat belt laws don't save lives?

Once again the masks can not prevent the microbes from spreading in itself, but they limit the distance the water vapor droplets that carry them can travel, thus slowing the spread.

What ya got my friend!

Got nothing for a puttz like you
Traffic laws only apply if you’re driving.
Explain how that correlates to a person that’s not infected being forced to wear a mask.
Explain why it’s my problem to protect you?
Posted By: wvshooter Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20

What ya got my friend!
[/quote]

That's the problem that people think about the airborne spread being carried by "droplets". The vast majority of the water from breathing is in a vapor form which goes all around any opening between the fit of mask and our face. There is not concrete proof that mask work. A lot of people that are knowledgeable on viruses and their transmission do not advocate masks use. What about the constant touching of the masks and face of the wearer? ……… that in and of itself is an infection risk.
Ah... "slowing the spread"... I see...

Has that not been the thought all along?

Nice try!

Like seat belts, another gooberment overreach..

Are you suggesting they do not save lives?

https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/seatbeltbrief/index.html
Originally Posted by wvshooter

What ya got my friend!

That's the problem that people think about the airborne spread being carried by "droplets". The vast majority of the water from breathing is in a vapor form which goes all around any opening between the fit of mask and our face. There is not concrete proof that mask work. A lot of people that are knowledgeable on viruses and their transmission do not advocate masks use. What about the constant touching of the masks and face of the wearer? ……… that in and of itself is an infection risk. [/quote]

Concrete proof?

So are you suggesting that a simple mask would not limit the distance a sneeze or cough could travel?

And good hand washing protocols to go along with this.

http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/about-covid-19/how-it-spreads
You should hang out over at the Democrat Underground with your people and you can all wear Maxi Pads on your faces and be safe.
You should hang out over at the Democrat Underground with your people and you can all wear Maxi Pads on your faces and be safe.

So if I understand this correctly, you have no logical counter argument and are resorting to the 6th grade insults?

C'mon JakeBlues, don't give up so quickly.

"...Once again the masks can not prevent the microbes from spreading in itself, but they limit the distance the water vapor droplets that carry them can travel, thus slowing the spread.

What ya got my friend!..."

That's the problem that people think about the airborne spread being carried by "droplets". The vast majority of the water from breathing is in a vapor form which goes all around any opening between the fit of mask and our face. There is not concrete proof that mask work. A lot of people that are knowledgeable on viruses and their transmission do not advocate masks use. What about the constant touching of the masks and face of the wearer? ……… that in and of itself is an infection risk.

See this is the thing. Isro thinks he's being clever by redirecting the mask/no mask argument towards the notion that "they limit sneezes", claiming that it's rock-solid obvious that they limit sneezes. And anyone who disagrees with mask wearing are obviously disagreeing with his "rock-solid obvious truth" that they limit sneezes. The Straw Man.

He also shows something here... "slowing the spread". This is the goal. The attempt to stretch this out as long as possible. Perhaps indefinitely. Claiming to "slow the spread" and "flatten the curve" can continue on forever. No real evidence needs to be shown, just the continued harping of "experts", and browbeating anyone who disagrees with these "experts". Masks may or may not have any effect whatsoever, but it doesn't matter, as long as you claim that they "slow the spread".
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20

Concern troll #232.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20

Protecting your health is not my business. Don't try to make it so.

"...Once again the masks can not prevent the microbes from spreading in itself, but they limit the distance the water vapor droplets that carry them can travel, thus slowing the spread.

See this is the thing. Isro thinks he's being clever by redirecting the mask/no mask argument towards the notion that "they limit sneezes", claiming that it's rock-solid obvious that they limit sneezes. And anyone who disagrees with mask wearing are obviously disagreeing with his "rock-solid obvious truth" that they limit sneezes. The Straw Man.

He also shows something here... "slowing the spread". This is the goal. The attempt to stretch this out as long as possible. Perhaps indefinitely. Claiming to "slow the spread" and "flatten the curve" can continue on forever. No real evidence needs to be shown, just the continued harping of "experts", and browbeating anyone who disagrees with these "experts". Masks may or may not have any effect whatsoever, but it doesn't matter, as long as you claim that they "slow the spread".

Once again your not limiting sneezes like you posted above but rather the distance the sneeze travels, hence slowing the spread>

Are you in favor of speeding up the spread?
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Do you not want to protect the health of your fellow Americans, if doing so was possible?
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Once again your not limiting sneezes like you posted above but rather the distance the sneeze travels, hence slowing the spread>

Wow, there's another one! laugh laugh laugh

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Are you in favor of govt mandated hand washing protocols? Why masks and not legislation to force hand washing?

What about an outright ban on unprotected homosexual sex since it’s proven to cause the AIDS virus?
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

^^^
Bingo! We have a winner.

Believe this guy has 32 posts in 32 minutes.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
You good gents need to stop feeding this passive/aggressive troll.

Wait for it! smile

Are you in favor of govt mandated hand washing protocols? Why masks and not legislation to force hand washing?

What about an outright ban on unprotected homosexual sex since it’s proven to cause the AIDS virus?

Do you have an issue with other people touching you on a regular basis at the store, gas station, car dealership, clinic etc.........

I didn't think so, so that argument is flat.

I didn't think one would have to explain the difference between the limiting sneezes/coughs and touching someone randomly which I do believe is covered by law.
Originally Posted by ironbender

Wait for it! smile

I usually don't, but this time, I couldn't help myself!

I'm done now, though. wink

Do you not want to protect the health of your fellow Americans, if doing so was possible?

Honestly, if “protecting” someone, (meaning “keeping them from experiencing mild flu symptoms” which is the extent for the vast majority of folks that contract the virus) means my business goes bankrupt, the nations economy contracts to dangerous levels, schools are shut down causing our children to not only lose invaluable education opportunities but also the risk of psychological damage
and my liberty is once again under attack by the government....
Then no. No I do not want to protect someone else’s health.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
Originally Posted by local_dirt

^^^

That is a cute meme in theory, but what happens when you become asymptomatic and infect a person who is trying to take precautions as they may have a underlying health condition?

Read between the lines. YOUR HEALTH IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY! I sure as hell am not going to give up freedoms to "protect" the likes of someone you.

Do you have an issue with other people touching you on a regular basis at the store, gas station, car dealership, clinic etc.........

I didn't think so, so that argument is flat.

I didn't think one would have to explain the difference between the limiting sneezes/coughs and touching someone randomly which I do believe is covered by law.

Do you not touch things touched by hundreds/thousands of other folks? You don’t touch the handle of the pump at the gas station, the keypad on the credit card machine, handle products in the grocery store that someone else handled, doorknobs, shopping carts?
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
I think everyone is responsible for their own health. Masks don’t do anything but give a false sense of well being to the gullible. Putting a mask on doesn’t do anything if I’m coughing and sneezing into my hands and touching doors, etc in the store. This is the first time I history we’ve quarantined healthy people. It’s simply government overreach. If you’re scared of catching a bug, stay home. Order your groceries and have them delivered. Let those of us that aren’t scared, go live life. Stay in your bubble and disinfect as you please. The people that feel they’re at risk can do as they please within the confines of their home. All the government is doing, is putting things in place that will ultimately Cause the weakening of our immune systems. I haven’t heard one person in government make any recommendations to help people improve their immune systems. Simple things like taking vitamins, exercising, eating properly and going outside to get some fresh air and sunlight. If you’re a big enough sucker to believe that Wearing masks and limiting freedoms will make this go away....well there’s no sense in having a discussion because you’re a retard.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

You didn't just post that as an argument did you?
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
You can blow snot all over the other team while playing foot ball.

But you have to wear a mask to sit on the bench.

#frontlines

^^^

That is a cute meme in theory, but what happens when you become asymptomatic and infect a person who is trying to take precautions as they may have a underlying health condition?

What if the asymptomatic carrier spreads it to someone with an underlying condition by opening a door, seconds before the other person? Especially since this form of transmission is MUCH more likely than by airborne transmission.
Originally Posted by hunter4623
I think everyone is responsible for their own health. Masks don’t do anything but give a false sense of well being to the gullible. Putting a mask on doesn’t do anything if I’m coughing and sneezing into my hands and touching doors, etc in the store. This is the first time I history we’ve quarantined healthy people. It’s simply government overreach. If you’re scared of catching a bug, stay home. Order your groceries and have them delivered. Let those of us that aren’t scared, go live life. Stay in your bubble and disinfect as you please. The people that feel they’re at risk can do as they please within the confines of their home. All the government is doing, is putting things in place that will ultimately Cause the weakening of our immune systems. I haven’t heard one person in government make any recommendations to help people improve their immune systems. Simple things like taking vitamins, exercising, eating properly and going outside to get some fresh air and sunlight. If you’re a big enough sucker to believe that Wearing masks and limiting freedoms will make this go away....well there’s no sense in having a discussion because you’re a retard.

You can't effectively argue that masks do not limit droplet travel, and your door knob explanation can be mitigated by hand cleaning frequently!

Have we ever had this level of deaths in the last say 50 plus years?

What would the benefit be to not trying to do what we each could?
Shouldn’t the govt also mandate proper wearing of the mask? Does wearing a mask incorrectly/ineffectively warrant arrest or just not wearing a mask at all?

You can't effectively argue that masks do not limit droplet travel, and your door knob explanation can be mitigated by hand cleaning frequently!

1) We don’t know how many deaths can be directly attributed to Covid because they’ve been lying to us from day 1.

2) you’re fears of getting sick aren’t my problem. If you’re scared to get sick....stay home retard

^^^

What if the asymptomatic carrier spreads it to someone with an underlying condition by opening a door, seconds before the other person? Especially since this form of transmission is MUCH more likely than by airborne transmission.

^^^

I am sorry to tell you but according to the CDC, covid is transmitted more frequently via respiratory system.

The door knob is a great example of frequent hand washing mitigation practices

1) We don’t know how many deaths can be directly attributed to Covid because they’ve been lying to us from day 1.

2) you’re fears of getting sick aren’t my problem. If you’re scared to get sick....stay home retard

You have no logical/rationale argument for your actions? Thinking outside of your limited view is scary sometimes.

Growth is good, challenge causes growth.
Is that the same CDC that sent out bad test kits in the beginning?
The same CDC that said it only spread thru droplets and non porous surfaces were safe?
The same CDC that first said masks weren’t needed and then reversed it?
The same CDC that screwed up all of the modeling? Remember it was exponential
The same CDC that has been wrong more times than it’s been right

Let’s not hold them up as the end all, be all experts with this. They still don’t know all of the facts. At best, they’re guessing half the time.

People washing their hands is probably causing less outbreaks of all kinds of stuff. People are nasty in general. Touching their balls, asses, armpits, picking their noses and everything else before they fondle the peppers at the supermarket. COVID isn’t special. It’s just a useful tool for the control freaks to brainwash the retards. It did a hell of a job on you ISRO

^^^

^^^

I am sorry to tell you but according to the CDC, covid is transmitted more frequently via respiratory system.

The door knob is a great example of frequent hand washing mitigation practices

WHO says wearing a mask when you can’t stay one meter away from someone is important but frequent hand washing is critical.
If you are compromised, it seems fairly simple for you to social distance from other folks choosing to not wear a mask.

Should hand washing protocols be give mandated? Seems less invasive than mandating wearing a mask actually?
You seem personally/politically invested in forcing folks to wear a mask against their will....
Posted By: hatari Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20

Troll, you're here to play with semantics agains. eh?

Personal responsibility? When is it my personal responsibility to protect you? You want make everybody their brother's keeper. Should I run over to your house and snatch unhealthy food from your mouth? "No salty junk food, mister! No red meat! Only soy and plant based bullshit for you!" No different.

Tell me WHY we should wear masks, troll? Will it STOP the transmission of Covid completely? No, it won't. Best it can do is slow it. Why is it wise to slow it? Our healthcare system is ready to handle the pandemic now. This isn't March, 2020. We have PPE, ventilators and treatments ready to role. Why slow it? The last 4 respiratory pandemics ran their course in about 18-20 months. We are about 10 months into this. If left alone, the pandemic will probably be "over" by this time next year...unless the normal course of the disease is slowed!

Why do want to slow it? (Beside it is an election year?) To wait for a vaccine? Are you going to tell me that a vaccine will be safe. effective and ready to distribute by January 2021, and you can give out 200 million doses by next Labor Day? It will be a race between herd immunity and the vaccine for the masses.

Slowing it without the vaccine ready to go only spreads teh total number of cases over a longer time period. Without a vaccine or herd immunity, the virus lingers and just waits for hosts. A mask does not make the virus go away.

So what is your end game with slowing the spread?
Healthcare collapse? Miracle vaccine saves the planet next week? Tell me, bro!

You have no logical/rationale argument for your actions? Thinking outside of your limited view is scary sometimes.

The rationale is simple. A well founded concern for freedom from a govt that continues to legislate away our freedom to choose. If liberty is lost, it should be based on facts, not scientific results predetermined to fit a political viewpoint. When science is manipulated and the results are proven to be mistaken, it delegitimizes your argument. The truth still matters.
Originally Posted by hatari

Personal responsibility? When is it my personal responsibility to protect you? You want make everybody their brother's keeper. Should I run over to your house and snatch unhealthy food from your mouth? "No salty junk food, mister! No red meat! Only soy and plant based bullshit for you!" No different.

Tell me WHY we should wear masks, troll? Will it STOP the transmission of Covid completely? No, it won't. Best it can do is slow it. Why is it wise to slow it? Our healthcare system is ready to handle the pandemic now. This isn't March, 2020. We have PPE, ventilators and treatments ready to role. Why slow it? The last 4 respiratory pandemics ran their course in about 18-20 months. We are about 10 months into this. If left alone, the pandemic will probably be "over" by this time next year...unless the normal course of the disease is slowed!

Why do want to slow it? (Beside it is an election year?) To wait for a vaccine? Are you going to tell me that a vaccine will be safe. effective and ready to distribute by January 2021, and you can give out 200 million doses by next Labor Day? It will be a race between herd immunity and the vaccine for the masses.

Slowing it without the vaccine ready to go only spreads teh total number of cases over a longer time period. Without a vaccine or herd immunity, the virus lingers and just waits for hosts. A mask does not make the virus go away.

He can’t give you a logic based reason. Hes basing his argument on feelings. He’s a liberal aka retard
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
This whole mask mandate is nothing but political BS.

Had Obama or some other liberal vermin beloved of the press been president COVID would just be another strain of the flu with no further interruptions to daily life.
Posted By: hatari Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20

He can’t give you a logic based reason. Hes basing his argument on feelings. He’s a liberal aka retard

Naw, he's not here to debate, he's here to play word games and try to make people doubt their stance or frustrate them by trying to turn their words and logic back on them. Doesn't work here.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
To say they do nothing is stupid.
Of course they do.

Every spit when you talk, feel a mist when you sneeze?
Any barrier even a hand, or a shield will stop that.
So, no it's not absolute. Few tghings are.

It's actually not even very good, but yes it will help.

Does it help enough to matter?
Do they increase germ transfer more than they help?

Welllll, now there are some good questions
that won't be clearly answered.
It’s nothing but a power Grab. The left facing someone to do something they don’t want to do. Whether it be taxes, welfare, regulation of industry etc... the left seeks power and they will never have enough until we are enslaved.
Posted By: Springcove Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
You mean the same CDC that said healthy people shouldn’t wear a mask back in March? Just another troll. Shocking.

If you're askeered, just stay home.

President Trump has been Fearless going to every single rally that he can stuff into his days.

Trolls like you hang out in mommy's basement and eat Play-Doh.
No reason to play brain games with little f*cktards like you.

Just FOAD.

Naw, he's not here to debate, he's here to play word games and try to make people doubt their stance or frustrate them by trying to turn their words and logic back on them. Doesn't work here.

He’s just another troll with a different schtik. Trying the word games but not getting that no one here is buying his brand of BS...

You don't protect people in your dental office Hatari?

Do you wear a mask in your office?

I'm guessing your all masked up, but most here do not know what you do.

Game up Boss!

I personally don't want to see the health care field get overwhelmed as I have family members who work in the hospitals and they are getting really concerned about the amount of rising admissions currently.

Would you like to see 10 people that need treatment at your office or 150?

Remember you're only spreading it out longer!
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20

I thought their purpose was to limit the distance a infected person could potentially cough or sneeze the viral load from their own person, thus thus slowing transmission by limiting exposure just as in social distancing?

I am not sick. My wearing a mask does you, me, nor anyone else any good. It is only a symbolic thing. Wearing a mask is not unlike putting a Biden/Harris sticker on one's car.
Originally Posted by gregintenn

I am not sick. My wearing a mask does you, me, nor anyone else any good. It is only a symbolic thing. Wearing a mask is not unlike putting a Biden/Harris sticker on one's car.

Explain the physics why they do not slow the spread.

Game up Boss!

I personally don't want to see the health care field get overwhelmed as I have family members who work in the hospitals and they are getting really concerned about the amount of rising admissions currently.

Did dentists where masks before Covid the answer is yes so your argument is baseless. It’s idiots like you who believe the BS and that’s why it’s going on as long as it has. You’re just another dumbass troll and no one and I mean no one here gives a 💩 what you post here.
Hahaha!

The spread of the droplets or the spread of the Covid 19 virus?

Jeebus.
Posted By: Ginther Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20

Is Hope Hicks or Trump the Super Spreader ?? So we now know that Trump most likely picked it up last Saturday, Yeah 6 days ago....

Now if everyone there had been wearing masks then it clearly wouldnt have spread and Trump would be geraing up for the next debate and holding massive rallies.......

This aint rocket science is just basic stuff bout aerosol containment.
Oooohhh....dueling sockpuppets.....
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20

That's what they do.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
If a mask worked so well those that wear one would have nothing to fear from those who don't wear a mask. I'm not worrying about someone not wearing a mask getting me sick
Originally Posted by Springcove

Game up Boss!

Did dentists where masks before Covid the answer is yes so your argument is baseless. It’s idiots like you who believe the BS and that’s why it’s going on as long as it has. You’re just another dumbass troll and no one and I mean no one here gives a 💩 what you post here.

Why are dentists wearing masks at all before or during covid?

Remember they do not protect anyone right?

Why is our resident dentist wearing one at work? I mean really, he should stand for his freedom and refuse to wear it.

Why are people in his office wearing one now?

Why are the patients wearing them in the waiting area?

They do not work according to Hatari, so why wear them?

Hmmmmmmmmm!
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20

Because you have to put your hands to your face to put the mask on or to take it off. That's how germs - virus spreads. Keep your hands away from your face and you won't get sick.
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20

Do you feel it is tyranny that you cannot drive 120 mph on the interstate? Does not bother me in the slightest if you wreck and kill yourself nor do I care that you don't care if you live or die. What's the difference? I think speed limits are tyranny
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Do you feel it is tyranny that you cannot drive 120 mph on the interstate? Does not bother me in the slightest if you wreck and kill yourself nor do I care that you don't care if you live or die. What's the difference? I think speed limits are tyranny

Your statement would only be logical if all accidents were single vehicle accidents, and it did not harm other drivers or others.

If you don't care, why did you ask?

:P
Yawn 🥱
Posted By: Kellywk Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
From what I've read even a n95 mask doesnt really stop particles below .3 microns and the virus is about .12 microns. So the mask mandate is a little like when the teacher would have us duck under our desk during nuclear drills. It may be reassuring but it isnt going to accomplish much if it's your time to go
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/03/20
Thank God for herd immunity. We are about to beat this thing like a rented mule.
Originally Posted by Kellywk
From what I've read even a n95 mask doesnt really stop particles below .3 microns and the virus is about .12 microns. So the mask mandate is a little like when the teacher would have us duck under our desk during nuclear drills. It may be reassuring but it isnt going to accomplish much if it's your time to go

The topic is if masks help preventing the water droplets carrying the .3 micron virus from traveling any farther than necessary by using some sort of mask to create a barrier, similar to sneezing into a hanky.

Your statement would only be logical if all accidents were single vehicle accidents, and it did not harm other drivers or others.

Ya think? You might be catching on... maybe.

If you don't care, why did you ask?

:P

This is really over your head. I figured as much but thanks for confirming it.
[quote=TimberRunner]Thank God for herd immunity. We are about to beat this thing like a rented mule. [/quote

7.4 million cases out of about 328 million people and your talking about herd ammunity and "about" to beat this, you might want to run the math on that again.
Hahaha!

Drawing out all the troll sockpuppets now!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahaha!

Drawing out all the troll sockpuppets now!

Jimmy my man, what's shaking?
So commercial painters, miners, fireman, etc wear full on respirator masks but some little face coving is supposed to save everyone from the deadliest virus ever??? You fugking mask idiots are dumber than dirt

Yes that means you Fartnbeans and IsanIdiot
Just waiting for the next troll sockpuppet to show up.
So commercial painters, miners, fireman, etc wear full on respirator masks but some little face coving is supposed to save everyone from the deadliest virus ever??? You fugking mask idiots are dumber than dirt

So your suggesting that painters, miners, fireman.....etc are all dealing with something that is being carried in water droplets?

Is that correct?

Yet another illogical argument, regroup and try again my friend.

Me too
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20

Don't ya just hate it when you get cornered like that? You better put your hat back on. Must suck being scared all the time.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20
Posted By: Springcove Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20

This^^^
Posted By: Springcove Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20

So your suggesting that painters, miners, fireman.....etc are all dealing with something that is being carried in water droplets?

Is that correct?

Keep trying troll
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20
Two in one thread?

Big time tonight!
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20

Is that correct?

Is that correct?

You haven’t answered, are you for govt mandated hand washing protocols since it’s (according to you) the second most common form of transmission? If we’re doing this, why stop at masks? Seems like if it’s worth doing it’s worth doing right.

If we’re taking these measures, why are we not opening our schools, restaurants etc? If masks and hand washing are effective let’s wear a mask and go back to normalcy.

Me too

Do you guys have meetings or is it more haphazard than that?
Posted By: Remsen Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20

Can you tell us how effective the type of masks required to be worn is in preventing the spread of this particular virus, based on scientific research that has been peer reviewed? Please note that most mask mandates don't require there to be any particular type of mask used, so basically hanging a t-shirt over your mouth and nose is what the research should focus on.
Originally Posted by Remsen

Can you tell us how effective the type of masks required to be worn is in preventing the spread of this particular virus, based on scientific research that has been peer reviewed?

Published within the last couple of months in PNAS (you know what that is, right?)
The shut down was not worth it.

Social distancing causes unnatural choke points.

The masks help stop the Covid.....but the common cold somehow gets through?

The masks dont seem to help....might actually harm.....

Go for it ladies. Mask up.

Explain unnatural choke points? Sounds like more pretty hazardous fake stuff.

Masks might harm? Peer reviewed studies, Mr. Expert? I imagine you performed the analyses from the seat of your tractor.
Posted By: troublesome82 Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20
I would be more concerned from a health standpoint to see more people work on their personal health and hygiene. Only roughly 6% of the total deaths from C-19 are entirely related to C-19. The numbers are bogus , as usual, coming from liberally bent agencies and individuals. The Asian flu of '57,'58 was extremely deadly and those that survived that after falling ill acquired a tremendous resiliency to flu viruses , in general. I know there was no government overreach then and we did just fine. Viruses happen, blame it on Adam and Eve! Just let this thing take it's course, if you are worried about it and in a high risk category stay home and have your needs delivered! Get busy living or get busy dying! We have turned into a big bunch of whiney assed pussies!
Originally Posted by troublesome82
! We have turned into a big bunch of whiney assed pussies!

Certainly true of Campfire regulars. The more regular, the more whiney-assed pussy they get.

Masks might harm? Peer reviewed studies, Mr. Expert? I imagine you performed the analyses from the seat of your tractor.

Well...tell us what Oprah told you to think today?

We will wait.

Certainly true of Campfire regulars. The more regular, the more whiney-assed pussy they get.

Ooohhh....kitten.

Are you menstrual?

We will wait.

You will wait along time. I didn't even know Oprah was still alive. You must follow her more closely than I.

You hear that withered up old chunt Ginsburg finally died?
Sounds like the senate has the votes to confirm her replacement Amy Coney Barrett. Young, brilliant, conservative, pro 2nd amendment....
She’ll be sitting in Ruth’s seat grinning her ass off for a long......fuggin....time. If the dems ever get the senate back, Trumps legacy of three conservative justices are gonna break your hearts over and over and over for decades.
Yeah.

Tell us about how much time you spend "afield".....

If you think masks are helpful, then you are either retarded or you dont think Covid is a credible threat.

Your support for half measures is harmful.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20
Yeah.

If you think masks are helpful, then you are either retarded or you dont think Covid is a credible threat.

She is retarded
Yeah.

They want to control the lives of every American. Simple as that. This isn’t about public safety, it’s a power grab. [bleep] every one of the little lefty turds that came out of the woodwork.

We will wait.

You will wait along time. I didn't even know Oprah was still alive. You must follow her more closely than I.

Oprah’s still alive Leroy. And Ruth’s still [bleep] dead!
Yeah.

They want to control the lives of every American. Simple as that. This isn’t about public safety, it’s a power grab. [bleep] every one of the little lefty turds that came out of the woodwork.

Really jack? Just like speed limits I guess. What's the difference?

We will wait.

Oprah’s still alive Leroy. And Ruth’s still [bleep] dead!

Well, who knew?

What's your feelings about speed limits Jimmy? Unnatural choke point? Just curious.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20

Everyone should wear a mask because some idiots were never taught to cover their mouth and nose when they cough or sneeze??
Yeah.

COVID has a survival rate in the high 97% rate up to 65yo. 93% through 75 yo. Even then without preexisting conditions your chances are still really good. At what point is Govt intervention an over reach in your world?
Posted By: joken2 Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20

Dr. Fauci, ...mask hanging down on his chin, and on a commercial flight, too. shocked eek frown

https://www.tiktok.com/@loloonthebl...amp;utm_source=messenger&source=h5_m
Run everyone through one door Leeroy.

You dense bastard.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20

Right after you explain how you can catch a disease from me I don’t have.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20
You can blow snot all over the other team while playing foot ball.

But you have to wear a mask to sit on the bench.

#frontlines

Yet coaches and pro teams owners get hefty fines for coaches and staff not wearing their masks,
Yeah.

COVID has a survival rate in the high 97% rate up to 65yo. 93% through 75 yo. Even then without preexisting conditions your chances are still really good. At what point is Govt intervention an over reach in your world?

Speeding survival rates far, FAR exceed 97%. I did it today, I imagine you did too. Several times even.

In other words, speed limits are more Govt intervention and over reach. Eh? What do you suppose is greater? The number of deaths due to speeding today or the deaths due to Covid? Is it even close? No, it's not.

You lose.

Again.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20
Aliens do not wear a stinking mask!
Posted By: ISRO Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20

Is that correct?

Is that correct?

You haven’t answered, are you for govt mandated hand washing protocols since it’s (according to you) the second most common form of transmission? If we’re doing this, why stop at masks? Seems like if it’s worth doing it’s worth doing right.

If we’re taking these measures, why are we not opening our schools, restaurants etc? If masks and hand washing are effective let’s wear a mask and go back to normalcy.

Are you touching other people mouths with your hands? Then yes.

If your only touching you mouth then you should still wash regularly.

Are restaurants not open with staff wearing masks? They sure are my friend.

Are there not schools open with kids in them wearing masks? Yes they are my friend.

Your not well informed sir.
Posted By: efw Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20
It’s a virus that we once didn’t know how to treat but now do. We once weren’t sure who was at risk of serious health ramifications as a result of infection but now we are.

Therefore keep those at risk protected in ways that make sense for them (probably shouldn’t put infected patients into rest homes?) and let everyone else get back to normal.

It’s a virus doing what viruses do. Every case that doesn’t result in hospitalization is a success; framing it as anything else is pure unadulterated propaganda and shows this sham for what it is.

This is a test to see how many sheeple they can manipulate into saying “how high” when the media scares the daylights out of them and instruct “experts” to say “JUMP!”
Posted By: erikj Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20
Need a new mask every day.
320 million people x365=116,800,000,000 masks/year
I'm doing the responsible thing by reducing the demand.
Yeah.

Speeding survival rates far, FAR exceed 97%. I did it today, I imagine you did too. Several times even.

In other words, speed limits are more Govt intervention and over reach. Eh? What do you suppose is greater? The number of deaths due to speeding today or the deaths due to Covid? Is it even close? No, it's not.

You lose.

Again.

https://www.curbed.com/2017/7/28/16051780/us-traffic-death-speeding-statistics-speeding

Is that correct?

Is that correct?

Are you touching other people mouths with your hands? Then yes.

If your only touching you mouth then you should still wash regularly.

Are restaurants not open with staff wearing masks? They sure are my friend.

Are there not schools open with kids in them wearing masks? Yes they are my friend.

Your not well informed sir.

I thought it was about slowing/stopping the spread? Now it’s about not infecting others? If you touch your own mouth and contract it, hows that slowing the spread?
Yeah.

You lose.

Again.

https://www.curbed.com/2017/7/28/16051780/us-traffic-death-speeding-statistics-speeding

Makes my point pretty easily. Speeding deaths less than 10k per year. Covid deaths will probalby exceed 500k in the first year. Already past 200k and dying faster every day. So, again, why are speed limits okay but not masks? I think the absolution of speed limits should be on the Trump agenda!!! MAGA! Death to Speed Limits...
DC-determined speed limits are indeed just as stupid (or more so) than these supposed anti-COVID measures, which have been at the state and local level. DC ought to have no more authority to tell me how fast I can drive than they would to determine on what morning my trash is to be picked up.

Governing such a huge country from the capital is a fool’s errand; that’s why our system was designed with governors and mayors and state legislatures and city councils.

Joe Biden has said he’d force nation-wide lockdowns and mask mandates and the D party has condemned Trump for not doing the same.

Says it all.
LOL
Originally Posted by efw
DC-determined speed limits are indeed just as stupid (or more so) than these supposed anti-COVID measures, which have been at the state and local level. DC ought to have no more authority to tell me how fast I can drive than they would to determine on what morning my trash is to be picked up.

Governing such a huge country from the capital is a fool’s errand; that’s why our system was designed with governors and mayors and state legislatures and city councils.

Joe Biden has said he’d force nation-wide lockdowns and mask mandates and the D party has condemned Trump for not doing the same.

Says it all.

So, STATE determined speed limits and STATE determined mask mandates are okay? Just give up, already.
Originally Posted by efw

Says it all.

So, STATE determined speed limits and STATE determined mask mandates are okay? Just give up, already.

Here Here
The masks arent helping anything.

But you ladies go ahead and mask up.

Then why are health care workers wearing them?

And you know this how? O Great Epidemiologist/Pathologist/Microbiologist of the High Line?

From whence to you draw your great knowledge and insight?

A horse's ass no doubt.
Originally Posted by efw

Says it all.

They can be.

I’d suggest cities and local municipalities would be best equipped to make and explain such protocols since they’re closest to the people.

If you prefer being a subject vs the responsibility of citizenship there are many places where despots will do your thinking for you. Go there and be at peace; don’t ruin the last great experiment in freedom for the rest of us, please.

They’re also wearing gloves and face shields. So why do you only advocate “masks” without even specifying what type of masks or how they’re worn. Health care workers are in high risk situations, I’m not.
You don’t see the difference?

A mask didn’t save Ruth.... And, Coney will be THE nail in Obamacare..... the trump legacy will live on in the judiciary for decades. The single most important thing he accomplished.
The ONE thing Obama was remembered for, gone.
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

Says it all.

They can be.

I’d suggest cities and local municipalities would be best equipped to make and explain such protocols since they’re closest to the people.

If you prefer being a subject vs the responsibility of citizenship there are many places where despots will do your thinking for you. Go there and be at peace; don’t ruin the last great experiment in freedom for the rest of us, please.

Sonny, you know your own state supremes just stripped your governor of her power to do exactly that. And all to the delight of the Right(eous). And the even more local mayor are being shelled by Triple R (Righteous Right Republicans), when they attempt even more local protocol mandates. So, you ain't cuttin' the mustard laddy.

Sonny, you know your own state supremes just stripped your governor of her power to do exactly that. And all to the delight of the Right(eous). And the even more local mayor are being shelled by Triple R (Righteous Right Republicans), when they attempt even more local protocol mandates. So, you ain't cuttin' the mustard laddy.

Like I said, if you prefer despotism please go someplace else; there are many places where individuals can Lord their power over the masses. But don’t bring that attitude here where we have rules and processes to stop such over reach.

I suggest Venezuela.

Bye!

And you know this how? O Great Epidemiologist/Pathologist/Microbiologist of the High Line?

From whence to you draw your great knowledge and insight?

A horse's ass no doubt.

Oh...kitten.

Take your Midol and look around you.

Have you done a lot of field work concerning PPE and BSI?

Do you know about restricting movement and funneling people?

If you think masks are doing anything to help the situation you are retarded.

If you know how to properly use ppe and practice good BSI....then by all means.....wear the mask your husband bought for you.

They’re also wearing gloves and face shields. So why do you only advocate “masks” without even specifying what type of masks or how they’re worn. Health care workers are in high risk situations, I’m not.
You don’t see the difference?

They are dealing with people who they may or may not know have Covid so they protect themselves in the event they are near someone who could be contagious or they do not want to transmit it accidentally themselves. Your the same way, you have no clue if your asymptomatic or not ,nor the people around you when your out and about, hence the universal protection. Not a hard concept to visualize.

What do you have to loose?

Because they have training in ppe and BSI.

You and the other Karens dont.

Why do they need it JimConrad, as you say it does no good.

You might want to tell the health care industry your significant findings, potentially you could save them millions in ppe costs that are evidently not needed or warranted according to you.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20
I'm not so sure that requiring people to wear masks is not against the law. There's a lot of disabled Americans that read lips because they can't hear. My thinking believes there's definitely enough discrimination happening for a class action lawsuit.

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) became law in 1990. The ADA is a civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities in all areas of public life, including jobs, schools, transportation, and all public and private places that are open to the general public.

If you think that the people at Subway are doing a good job with their PPE.......please....wear your mask at all times.

That way we can spot the mask wearing retards.
If you think that the people at Subway are doing a good job with their PPE.......please....wear your mask at all times.

That way we can spot the mask wearing retards.

Would you prefer they made your sandwich without it on?
Originally Posted by efw

Like I said, if you prefer despotism please go someplace else; there are many places where individuals can Lord their power over the masses. But don’t bring that attitude here where we have rules and processes to stop such over reach.

I suggest Venezuela.

Bye!

Once again, you lost. You can't even avoid contradicting yourself.

Now once again, tell us how local, state, or federal mask mandates are worse than speed limits and yet Covid is killing at a rate that is about 10-100 times greater (really probably 10s of thousands of times greater) than speeding? Come on, tell us.

Then Jimmie is going to tell us how he knows that masks not only don't help but make things even worse.

Hurry up! I'm taking notes...

Why do they need it JimConrad, as you say it does no good.

You might want to tell the health care industry your significant findings, potentially you could save them millions in ppe costs that are evidently not needed or warranted according to you.

Hehehe.....if you swallow your hemorrhoid suppoitory IRSO......have you used it properly?

If you are using something incorrectly or in an unsafe manner you are not helping anything.

Jeebus....go lay down.

Notice how the troll ignored the direct question asking for the scientific analysis of the types of masks most people wear under the mask mandates? Here's a hint as to why she won't respond...

From the CDC:

"More research on cloth masks is needed to inform their use as an alternative to surgical masks/respirators in the event of shortage or high-demand situations. To our knowledge, only 1 randomized controlled trial (4) has been conducted to examine the efficacy of cloth masks in healthcare settings, and the results do not favor use of cloth masks. More randomized controlled trials should be conducted in community settings to test the efficacy of cloth masks against respiratory infections. According to the US Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences, more research on the engineering design of cloth masks to enhance their filtration and fit is needed (16). Moreover, various methods for decontaminating cloth masks should be tested."

The full report basically said that cloth masks are very effective as a placebo and can be useful to prevent mass hysteria, but there is no scientific evidence that a cloth mask prevents the spread of this particular virus (or others that appear similar).

Just remember, you can satisfy the mask mandate by putting a t-shirt over your face. As the CDC admitted, there is no proof that cloth masks are effective against the virus, let alone the types of cloth masks most people will use.
Originally Posted by efw

I suggest Venezuela.

Bye!

Once again, you lost. You can't even avoid contradicting yourself.

Now once again, tell us how local, state, or federal mask mandates are worse than speed limits and yet Covid is killing at a rate that is about 10-100 times greater (really probably 10s of thousands of times greater) than speeding? Come on, tell us.

Then Jimmie is going to tell us how he knows that masks not only don't help but make things even worse.

Hurry up! I'm taking notes...

Already did kitten.

Notice how the troll ignored the direct question asking for the scientific analysis of the types of masks most people wear under the mask mandates? Here's a hint as to why she won't respond...

From the CDC:

"More research on cloth masks is needed to inform their use as an alternative to surgical masks/respirators in the event of shortage or high-demand situations. To our knowledge, only 1 randomized controlled trial (4) has been conducted to examine the efficacy of cloth masks in healthcare settings, and the results do not favor use of cloth masks. More randomized controlled trials should be conducted in community settings to test the efficacy of cloth masks against respiratory infections. According to the US Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences, more research on the engineering design of cloth masks to enhance their filtration and fit is needed (16). Moreover, various methods for decontaminating cloth masks should be tested."

The full report basically said that cloth masks are very effective as a placebo and can be useful to prevent mass hysteria, but there is no scientific evidence that a cloth mask prevents the spread of this particular virus (or others that appear similar).

Just remember, you can satisfy the mask mandate by putting a t-shirt over your face. As the CDC admitted, there is no proof that cloth masks are effective against the virus, let alone the types of cloth masks most people will use.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html
May help.....hahah!
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20
All the “experts” say is..

Wash your hands
Wear a mask
Don’t touch your face.

90 percent of the people wearing a mask don’t wear it right and are constantly touching their face. Touching groceries, door knobs whatever and then their face again. [bleep] that mask.
Posted By: Hubert Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20
If you want to test your mask, pull it tight across your azzhole and let a fart. wait five minutes and sniff . if you can smell your fart your mask is not working..
Posted By: hatari Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20

Game up Boss!

Why is our resident dentist wearing one at work? I mean really, he should stand for his freedom and refuse to wear it.

Hmmmmmmmmm!

Playing word games again?

My professional obligation is not part of the discussion. For that matter, I’ve worn PPE for 40 years.

What we are talking about is what is my personal (not professional obligation) to you or anyone else. Go back do I have an obligation to make you drive safely? Eat healthy? Exercise?

I call you on your Schlick and this is all you can do?

From the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html

That's not a scientific study. That's guidance, much like the guidance earlier in the year saying masks shouldn't be worn.

Try again.

From the CDC:

That's not a scientific study. That's guidance, much like the guidance earlier in the year saying masks shouldn't be worn.

Try again.

And the guidance is from? The guys on 24hour.................laughing
Originally Posted by SandBilly
All the “experts” say is..

Wash your hands
Wear a mask
Don’t touch your face.

90 percent of the people wearing a mask don’t wear it right and are constantly touching their face. Touching groceries, door knobs whatever and then their face again. [bleep] that mask.

Hahaha!

If it saves just one.....ooops might get someone killed.

Never mind.

From the CDC:

Try again.

You can't cite a scientific study because there isn't one that supports your claim. Instead, the scientific study says this:

"The general public should be educated about mask use because cloth masks may give users a false sense of protection because of their limited protection against acquiring infection (16). Correctly putting on and taking off cloth masks improves protection (Table). Taking a mask off is a high-risk process (34) because pathogens may be present on the outer surface of the mask and may result in self-contamination during removal (31)."

This is the science.

From the CDC:

Try again.

You can't cite a scientific study because there isn't one that supports your claim. Instead, the scientific study says this:

"The general public should be educated about mask use because cloth masks may give users a false sense of protection because of their limited protection against acquiring infection (16). Correctly putting on and taking off cloth masks improves protection (Table). Taking a mask off is a high-risk process (34) because pathogens may be present on the outer surface of the mask and may result in self-contamination during removal (31)."

This is the science.

Your move next Boss

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/4...es-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

From the CDC:

Try again.

This is the science.

Your move next Boss

Still no scientific studies, cause there are none. All you can find is informal guidance, the same type of guidance that recommended against mask use earlier this year.

Show us the science, not op-eds.

From the CDC:

Try again.

This is https://www.pnas.org/content/117/26/14857

Strike three.

From the CDC:

Try again.

This is the science.

Your move next Boss

Still no scientific studies, cause there are none. All you can find is informal guidance, the same type of guidance that recommended against mask use earlier this year.

Only because you purposefully bury your head in the sand. https://www.pnas.org/content/117/26/14857
Ooooohhh.....watch out Remsen....you got two sockpuppet trolls after ya know!

From the CDC:

Try again.

Mayo is only one of the most respected medical facilities in the world, but I am sure you can debunk it!

..............grin

Posted By: add Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20
isro, you seem invested.

Why is that?

[/quote]

Only because you purposefully bury your head in the sand. https://www.pnas.org/content/117/26/14857

[/quote]

Still waiting for the scientific study on the types of masks that are mandated for use here, as I asked in my original question to OP. The report you linked to says nothing about wrapping a t-shirt over your mouth and nose. It doesn't even state what kind of masks they are talking about. The scientific study on CLOTH masks that the CDC published clearly states that cloth masks are ineffective, especially when they are used in the manner most people use them.

You have said that you favor governors or mayors unilaterally instituting mandatory mask mandates. Our government doesn’t work that way.

I said they could be legitimate if passed according to the legal processes which we’ve observed since the founding of the Republic.

Are you saying that if that process, for whatever reason, doesn’t come to the conclusions you have that an executive should unilaterally act in contradiction to that conclusion?

You guys keep losing. I hope your medical team as good at Dumpy Trumpy's....
Anyone seen Old Toot around?

No?
You guys keep losing. I hope your medical team as good at Dumpy Trumpy's....

Hahaha!

The science shows......

Get your husband to buy you a cold cut combo at Subway to claim your prize.....

From the CDC:

Try again.

Mayo is only one of the most respected medical facilities in the world, but I am sure you can debunk it!

..............grin

You seem to have a problem with English. I asked for a peer reviewed scientific study on the type of masks that most people use when required to wear masks. All you can come up with are op-eds that have no scientific method employed.

I hope you will give me shelter when they come for me. Sorta like an Eskimo Oskar Shindler.

Game up Boss!

Hmmmmmmmmm!

My professional obligation is not part of the discussion. For that matter, I’ve worn PPE for 40 years.

What we are talking about is what is my personal (not professional obligation) to you or anyone else. Go back do I have an obligation to make you drive safely? Eat healthy? Exercise?

So you are wearing mask at work, your staff is as well, then why are your patients wearing them in your waiting area?

Using your logic they should not have to protect you correct?

You have an obligation to drive safely so you don't impact my well being as well as your own safety, just like your obligation to your patients. Or does that obligation end when the check is cashed? Is there a reason you wouldn't want to protect those same people when your around them outside of the dental office?

They are your customers you know and from a business stand point why potentially get them sick?

How can someone working with PPE for 40 not see the value in helping their fellow countryman?

Not a play on words, just using your hypocritical actions against you!

There is a difference.

From the CDC:

Try again.

..............grin

You seem to have a problem with English. I asked for a peer reviewed scientific study on the type of masks that most people use when required to wear masks. All you can come up with are op-eds that have no scientific method employed.

You are the one with the English problem. You've been given such studies and you run around them - again. You are just a simple liar/denier

You seem to have a problem with English. I asked for a peer reviewed scientific study on the type of masks that most people use when required to wear masks. All you can come up with are op-eds that have no scientific method employed. [/quote]

You are the one with the English problem. You've been given such studies and you run around them - again. You are just a simple liar/denier
[/quote]

I deny that you have provided a single scientific study on the efficacy of cloth masks in preventing the spread of this particular virus. I've provided a CDC scientific study from this month that shows there is no evidence that cloth masks work.

But that was an op-Ed from the CDC that has to account for more than one from the NYT or WaPo?

Oh... well... anyway...

[/quote]

Still waiting for the scientific study on the types of masks that are mandated for use here, as I asked in my original question to OP. The report you linked to says nothing about wrapping a t-shirt over your mouth and nose. It doesn't even state what kind of masks they are talking about. The scientific study on CLOTH masks that the CDC published clearly states that cloth masks are ineffective, especially when they are used in the manner most people use them.
[/quote]

Warning: It's gonna hurt

Read the conclusion paragraph in the study you linked to and get back to us, I gather in advance you will be awhile..............
Originally Posted by efw
It’s a virus that we once didn’t know how to treat but now do. We once weren’t sure who was at risk of serious health ramifications as a result of infection but now we are.

Therefore keep those at risk protected in ways that make sense for them (probably shouldn’t put infected patients into rest homes?) and let everyone else get back to normal.

It’s a virus doing what viruses do. Every case that doesn’t result in hospitalization is a success; framing it as anything else is pure unadulterated propaganda and shows this sham for what it is.

This is a test to see how many sheeple they can manipulate into saying “how high” when the media scares the daylights out of them and instruct “experts” to say “JUMP!”
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20

Yes
Just get it over with.

You win the word twisting trophy today.
Take it and go home.
Posted By: Stophel Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20
Originally Posted by blindshooter

Yes
Just get it over with.

You win the word twisting trophy today.
Take it and go home.

Sweden seems to be pretty much done with Corona. The people who were gonna get it got it. And now it's pretty much run itself out there.

[/quote]

Warning: It's gonna hurt

Read the conclusion paragraph in the study you linked to and get back to us, I gather in advance you will be awhile..............[/quote]

I didn't link to a study...

I quoted from a cdc report that concluded there is no evidence to support claims that cloth masks effectively prevent transmission of the virus, especially with regard to the ways cloth masks are used by the public.

I hope you will give me shelter when they come for me. Sorta like an Eskimo Oskar Shindler.

You pay gold??

Game up Boss!

Hmmmmmmmmm!

So you are wearing mask at work, your staff is as well, then why are your patients wearing them in your waiting area?

Using your logic they should not have to protect you correct?

You have an obligation to drive safely so you don't impact my well being as well as your own safety, just like your obligation to your patients. Or does that obligation end when the check is cashed? Is there a reason you wouldn't want to protect those same people when your around them outside of the dental office?

They are your customers you know and from a business stand point why potentially get them sick?

How can someone working with PPE for 40 not see the value in helping their fellow countryman?

Not a play on words, just using your hypocritical actions against you!

There is a difference.

It’s not the constitutional purpose of Govt. to force people to “keep their fellow countryman safe”. That is an individual decision.
The federal gift was established to perform a few important duties. Protecting citizens from themselves wasn’t one of them.
Posted By: hatari Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20
LeRoy and ISRO in the same thread. Coincidence??

You pay gold??

Only if I lose a crown.
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20
It’s been clearly explained to those retards ISRO and Leroy. They just want to argue their feelings. Facts don’t matter to them.

You pay gold??

Only if I lose a crown.

Oh, well.

I probably owe you anyway. On the house!
Posted By: Backroads Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20
Bwahaahaa! The first day in the twenties will show every single maskhole exactly how effective masks are at containing moisture vapor.
Learn to swim.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20

Jeff, he's too willfully playing stupid to spend that much time and effort on. Some want to be roses, and others rose thorns.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20

Wait for it! smile
Posted By: Redneck Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20

Well-said, sir... Kudos.. Besides - these 'masks' most people are wearing is about as effective as a condom with the tip cut off...
Originally Posted by Redneck

Well-said, sir... Kudos.. Besides - these 'masks' most people are wearing is about as effective as a condom with the tip cut off...

How is Covid in Wis there Redneck?

Your in that at risk group as well , be safe
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/04/20

Hey pimple cock
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Hey pimple cock

Sorry about the pimples on your lips and hinder now, try some peroxide on them....................

Another reason to wear a mask, it would have prevented one of those issues above..................Thank you by the way my friend!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/05/20
#sharpenthecurve
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/05/20

I haven't been following this thread, but just came across this person, whatever pronoun she/ he, or they them go by, and he/ she/ they/ them made some quite salient points FOR wearing them.

If you cattlemen do, then thank you for your service to our country. (Salute, click heels, tear in eye) 🇺🇳🇺🇳🇺🇳
Posted By: ironbender Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/05/20
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

I haven't been following this thread, but just came across this person, whatever pronoun she/ he, or they them go by, and he/ she/ they/ them made some quite salient points FOR wearing them.

If you cattlemen do, then thank you for your service to our country. (Salute, click heels, tear in eye) 🇺🇳🇺🇳🇺🇳

Look up the word “parody”.

JFC.
Posted By: ISRO Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/05/20
#sharpenthecurve

How you feeling Jim?
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/05/20
Plenty sharp.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/05/20
Masks are great for ugly people and helps the rest of us know who the retards and sheeple are.
Plenty sharp.

good deal
Masks are great for ugly people and helps the rest of us know who the retards and sheeple are.

So now your saying the president is a retard and a sheeple?

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-update...st-news-2020-10-04/#post-update-0f6a7511
Posted By: add Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/05/20

You fancy yourself an educated woman.

Yet you continually subject this board to your grammatical errors.

Why is that?
Thank you
Posted By: 700LH Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/05/20

The Pres is sick, his is physical, unlike you where it's mental.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/05/20

Democrats own the market on hypocrisy:

" Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear photographed at a youth baseball game with his son in Indiana not wearing his mask.

The same person that mandated that all Kentuckians must wear a mask in public spaces isn’t wearing one at his kid’s baseball game in a completely different state?

Didn’t he say traveling to outside states shouldn’t happen unless it’s critical?

So not only is he not even acknowledging his own orders, he takes his kid out of state so he can still play in sports because “sports are important to our younger generation, yet thousands of high school seniors had to skip their entire senior year of athletics because of him, causing them to miss out on scholarship opportunities that could have been their only hope to afford a higher education?

Makes sense."

(interesting too is true to his usual hypocrisy "King" Andy's cleanup crew quickly had this photo 'cleansed' from all social media sites they could find and fabricated a misleading cover story but unfortunately for him, some savvy viewers saved it to their hard-drives.)

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=3817655768250518&set=a.123334124349386

And then there's Pelosi's hair salon fiasco: Nancy Pelosi Pleads Ignorance: Admits Hairdo, Blames Salon for Violation
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/05/20
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Look up the word “parody”.

JFC.

You don't say!? (Palm slap to forehead!)

THANKS ironbender.
I can always count on you for pointing out the obvious.
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/05/20
Thank you

Thank add for what exactly? For pointing out that you're a liberal kahunt that can't manage a post without simple grammatical errors? You are one clueless biotch.

The Pres is sick, his is physical, unlike you where it's mental.

But why is he wearing a mask 700LH? So you're suggesting only symptomatic people can spread the virus?
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Thank you

Thank add for what exactly? For pointing out that you're a liberal kahunt that can't manage a post without simple grammatical errors? You are one clueless biotch.

If grammatical errors are the definer of which you speak it would appear as though we are in the same boat my friend, let's improve our grammar together.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/05/20
Thank you

If grammatical errors are the definer of which you speak it would appear as though we are in the same boat my friend, let's improve our grammar together.

Your a weird SOB.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/05/20

Not many at all, and only ONE death in the county - a person who had other conditions as well but of COURSE the death is blamed on covid... It's all total bullchit..
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/06/20
Thank you

GFY you liberal puke. Check out my other responses to you on other threads and answer them will ya. Stop picking and choosing what you respond to.
Posted By: ISRO Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/06/20
Thank you

GFY you liberal puke. Check out my other responses to you on other threads and answer them will ya. Stop picking and choosing what you respond to.

What might your question be fine sir, I will be more than happy to try and answer it.
Posted By: ISRO Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/06/20

Not many at all, and only ONE death in the county - a person who had other conditions as well but of COURSE the death is blamed on covid... It's all total bullchit..

Glad your doing well Lee
Posted By: DBT Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/06/20
We can take responsibility for our own health. If someone feels they are vulnerable to infection, they are free to wear masks, keep their distance, isolate or whatever.
Posted By: Paddler Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/06/20
ISRO, you have admirable patience. Masks= Good, No mask= Bad. Easy, even the cretins here could do it.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/06/20
Originally Posted by Paddler
ISRO, you have admirable patience. Masks= Good, No mask= Bad. Easy, even the cretins here could do it.

So, the supposed Dr thinks that these masks are 'good', please Dr. do explain exactly how 95%(+/-) of the masks being worn accomplish anything beyond virtue signaling or portending SJW status.
I'll be here a while, so take your time if necessary.
Posted By: Paddler Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/07/20
Originally Posted by Raeford

So, the supposed Dr thinks that these masks are 'good', please Dr. do explain exactly how 95%(+/-) of the masks being worn accomplish anything beyond virtue signaling or portending SJW status.

Do your own research, Dipwad. I'm too busy to deal with folks like you.
Posted By: Backroads Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/07/20

Bwahaaha!
Exactly how long has the medical community agreed with your assessment?
How effective are cloth masks at containing moisture vapor?
lol
Posted By: sportingspecialist Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/07/20
This is the reason ISRO and Paddler want to wear masks.LOL

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ISRO Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/07/20
Originally Posted by Backroads

Bwahaaha!
lol

Medical communities in most countries now are recommending masks, but that probably doesn't ring a bell either I would assume.

Containing? You missed the mark again Backroads. It is about limiting travel distance of said cough or sneeze.
Posted By: ISRO Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/07/20
Originally Posted by sportingspecialist
This is the reason ISRO and Paddler want to wear masks.LOL

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now that was a barn burner, good one Old Chap

Can you make some that are even funnier, as the hand writing does look kind of 6th grade ish'
Posted By: joken2 Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/07/20

Bwahaaha!
lol

Medical communities in most countries now are recommending masks, but that probably doesn't ring a bell either I would assume.

Containing? You missed the mark again Backroads. It is about limiting travel distance of said cough or sneeze.

Just last week I was talking with a lead RN with over 20 years as a RN at a government health facility about her experienced opinion on the true effectiveness of face masks on preventing the spread of covid-19 virus subject. She said it is pure over hyped political theater and that she wore them only at work when in direct contact with patients and only then because it is required to keep her job.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/07/20
Originally Posted by Raeford

Do your own research, Dipwad. I'm too busy to deal with folks like you.

Yet YOU replied
We all knew you couldn't answer......
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/07/20
ISRO, congratulations.

We’re headed for 30 pages here.

Well done.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/07/20
Medical communities in most countries now are recommending masks, but that probably doesn't ring a bell either I would assume.Containing? You missed the mark again Backroads. It is about limiting travel distance of said cough or sneeze.
I think I have a solution for what seems to be bothering and scaring you. If you want to wear a mask wear one. If you don't want to be around people not wearing a mask, then walk away from them. If you are really scared take the original advice. Stay home and stay safe. The rest of us need to go about our business and lives and need to breathe. Folks that are active and out and about need all the oxygen they can get. Don't worry so much about others, do what you need to do to feel safe.
Posted By: rte Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/07/20
That's hilarious. Good one sport.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Raeford Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/07/20
Originally Posted by Hastings
Medical communities in most countries now are recommending masks, but that probably doesn't ring a bell either I would assume.Containing? You missed the mark again Backroads. It is about limiting travel distance of said cough or sneeze.
I think I have a solution for what seems to be bothering and scaring you. If you want to wear a mask wear one. If you don't want to be around people not wearing a mask, then walk away from them. If you are really scared take the original advice. Stay home and stay safe. The rest of us need to go about our business and lives and need to breathe. Folks that are active and out and about need all the oxygen they can get. Don't worry so much about others, do what you need to do to feel safe.

It's so simple...really simple.
Posted By: huskyrunner Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/07/20
Y’all won’t mind then if I take a Nixon in your water supply, right?
Posted By: Backroads Re: Masks-Why Not - 10/07/20

Bwahaaha!
lol

Except for the last couple of months, the entirety of medical history is against masks for healthy and asymptomatic people.
How much less than zero can the distance of a sneeze or cough be limited? Of course you realize that asymptomatic infected people are not sneezing or coughing.
The virus living in the moisture laden air we exhale would then be the only means of transmission, no?
As previously stated, cotton masks do nothing to contain that, and a visual aid of this will be made apparent in the upcoming winter months.
No one will be spared exposure, learn to swim.
© 24hourcampfire