Home
Posted By: TrueGrit Wants and needs. - 10/09/20
Out of all the things I've acquired throughout my lifetime, most of the guns I bought, I did so because I wanted them.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Wants and needs. - 10/09/20
I could’ve stopped years ago if it was for need
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Wants and needs. - 10/09/20
+1........... I've had all the guns I'll ever need for years now. Yet I'm still constantly coming across guns for sale that I really want. When I stop and think about it , then I realize that it's a neat position to be in.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Wants and needs. - 10/09/20
All you need is a 22rf, 12 ga and 30/06. Or something similar.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Wants and needs. - 10/09/20
I've got the needs covered. Once in a while I'm able to address a want. Dad always taught me that guns were tools. I have the tools I need, I don't have all the toys I want though.
Posted By: killerv Re: Wants and needs. - 10/09/20
Originally Posted by dale06
All you need is a 22rf, 12 ga and 30/06. Or something similar.

I'd argue you need a some kind of carry gun also
Posted By: Raeford Re: Wants and needs. - 10/09/20
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by dale06
All you need is a 22rf, 12 ga and 30/06 .270. Or something similar.

I'd argue you need a some kind of carry gun also

Fixed and yes
Posted By: stomatador Re: Wants and needs. - 10/09/20
Guns are tools. Most of the time you could get by with adaptable tools, but a crescent wrench, channelocks and screwdrivers aren't as nice as the exact right tool.

The last time I really wanted a gun, mine was about 6-8 feet away, inside the car. It could have gone either way but it didn't turn into a really needed situation.

Lastly, 30+ years ago my wife wanted a piece of jewelry and said "Honey, I need it!". Since then "Honey, I need it!" has been a joke at our house.
Posted By: Dess Re: Wants and needs. - 10/09/20
My wife and I agreed early in our marriage that as long as the bills are being paid, and we aren't buying anything on credit, she didn't need my permission to buy anything she wanted. It worked both ways.

Worked pretty good....now we're trying to downsize the inventory. I bought a bunch of crap over the years. Goodwill loves us lately.
Posted By: hanco Re: Wants and needs. - 10/09/20
I need a fast twist Tikka 22-250!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Wants and needs. - 10/09/20
Its a good investment dear.......they appreciate in value!

Hahaha!
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Wants and needs. - 10/09/20
Originally Posted by hanco
I need a fast twist Tikka 22-250!

Fugging A let me know when you see some on sale cheap. MB
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Wants and needs. - 10/09/20
I have honed my collection down to a bare workable minimum. For my wife and I it is a mere 10.

mike r
Posted By: rem141r Re: Wants and needs. - 10/09/20
for many years my only guns were a pump 12 gauge, pump 270, bolt 22, flintlock 50 cal and a 357 revolver. i got more game with those guns than with the dozens i have now.

same goes for hunting clothing. i had a small game vest, duck pants, and GI issue wool pants, mukluks and field jacket for hunting clothes.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Wants and needs. - 10/09/20
All my needs have been covered for a long time. Nowdays I can't even find anything I want as far as guns. I'm to the point that the thought of buying more just bores me. Hell I have a bunch still in the boxes that I've never fired.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Wants and needs. - 10/09/20
I like to play with list, scenario's, what if's & all that. Drink a beer scribble on a post it. For years I've had what I call the "Six"

Six guns that you could have at home, or throw in an RV & travel the lower 48. They could cover Alaska as well, but heard it's a pain to get guns through Canada to get there.

The current civil unrest has my long time list of the 6, minimum, expanded to 7.

But really, 10 or so can do all I can think of, anywhere I'd travel in the states.

© 24hourcampfire