Home

I happened to go by Cabelas & Bass pro, and a local gunshop lately - normally I go about every 6 months.
what caught me by suprise this time. - almost all the used guns were sold, and the new ones were thin.

I can’t ever remember the used guns being gone.

I expected the powder, and primers to be gone - but the used guns... Huh.
Surprised to see the component bullet shelves getting bare at the Helena Whorehouse. Lots of new guns though. They're not putting primers on the shelves anymore.... Had some H4350, $35 a pound!
In my neck of the woods, folks were buying everything up with their covid money plus with the election stuff and first time buyers, only thing we are seeing on shelves are deer rifles and hunting shotguns, maybe old school revolvers. Our big lgs just bought a bunch of police confiscated weapons, mostly junk...but atleast their counters are fuller than they have been...and they'll sell every one of them. I think when the folks living above their means with money they aren't used to having come to a realization, you'll see a lot of those guns sold back and on the shelves. Used pistols are bringing a premium right now and folks are still buying them up well above market value.

Have you seen the prices on 10/22s lately? Insane.
People are hoarding
I know some of it started with COVID... and then we have the election ...
It could get even uglier after the election.
I went into a store while on vacation and they had a sign up "Due to ammo shortage, ammo is only for sale with a gun purchase. Limit of 2 boxes per gun"!!!!
Dang....
Awww....
They poor people who couldn't predict a shortage in an election year had to pay retail +?
So sad.
they have to limit ammo purchases when ammo is plentiful. that is very important being when there is a run on ammo which happens every year there will be some on the shelves. the gluttonous hoarders cause the shortages and until boomers are to old to shoot there will be shortages
Originally Posted by hanco
People are hoarding

No. Seriously?

Lol.
Originally Posted by pullit
I went into a store while on vacation and they had a sign up "Due to ammo shortage, ammo is only for sale with a gun purchase. Limit of 2 boxes per gun"!!!!
Dang....
Ditto at the LGS near me..

A friend is looking for a certain handgun that I have NIB... Not sure I wanna sell at this time, so I went on Gunbroker to see what might be available.. Only TWO were there - one used/one new...
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
they have to limit ammo purchases when ammo is plentiful. that is very important being when there is a run on ammo which happens every year there will be some on the shelves. the gluttonous hoarders cause the shortages and until boomers are to old to shoot there will be shortages

This is America. You can spend your money where you want.. for now.

You spend your money on Starbucks and Gummy Bears.

I like Folger's just fine.

I'll spend mine on 5.56 and 7.62x39, etc etc.
People saw what has happened in the big Democrat Cities and are preparing accordingly.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

can I spend money on heroin coke or hiring a hit man being I am in america
buy all the ammo you want so younger guys can get it at your estate sale

Dumbth.

You'll die wishing that..

Sucking on your Starbucks and Gummy Bears.

LMAO.
Was out yesterday, went by the Academy, Basspro, 2 LGS's and a couple of pawnshops, just to see what was out there....nothing...I've got enough of almost everything to last a lifetime of "normal", but what really struck me was that all of the ammo shelves are bare. Not even the usual 30-30, 308, 270, 30-06 hunting ammo, no 22LR, not even shotgun shells, except for steel shot waterfowl loads. Everything else is nonexistent...
You can get what you need if you know where to look and are willing to pay scalper prices.
The ammo companies have had years to ramp up production. They seem to like it this way.
Shelf's are thin here in MN. As mentioned above you can find it if you want to pay. I am not paying over a $1 per round for .223, 9mm, or 45acp.
I have enough for my uses at this point in my life.
More than a few people I know have asked me about selling some on my 45ACP ammo. That is what prompted me to go look at the stores.
You could not find a primer, rifle, pistol, lg or small in the Twin Cities from what I could tell.
Machine Gun Montana in Kalispell has lots of powder at regular prices, some ammo at regular prices, bullets at regular prices. A little thin on primers, .223, 9mm. They also have a good stock of 50BMG smile
You've got to know how to improvise.

I've got a decent stock of hardball 9mm but very few good defensive cartridges. Also, it's almort impossible to find performance bullets at the reloading suppliers.

But I found some swaged 158 grain SWCHPs at a small supplier and put together some of the old .38 spl. FBI loads for my model 10s.

I've seen scalpers on gunbroker asking $2 each for the Buffalo Bore version of them. I per a bunch together for a few cents a round.
Last Saturday i was in Lubbock and found some HM2 ammo on the shelf.

One was limited to 2 boxes of the same ammo so i got 2.

They had other ammo as well as powders but i am good for now on those.

They had primers for the 50 BMG and large rifle but no small.
Casper WY Sportsmen's Warehouse a few days ago had very little ammo or powder, just a few token boxes . Gun racks were full to capacity as was the handgun inventory, no problems there.

Dumb fugks like this moron ^^^, AS USUAL, want to blame boomers for everything. Including their diapers being soiled.

Those that have been pragmatically and regularly buying don't have to deal with this "shortage". Sorry you weren't smart enough or man enough to forego your weekend getaways in San Fran with the rest of the f a g s.

And, never mind the fact that a lot of people *Not just boomers* have been gearing up for the last 15-20 years preparing for the prophesized and obviously coming current events.

Now get out there and mow my fugkin lawn, you dumb fugk.
Don't be so hard on her Dirt. She's obviously very young & has no memory of what happened 4 years ago, or 4 years before that, or.... or,

Likes to look for a gas station after her car starts to sputter.
There's no good reason for people to be low on anything ammo related. There's been a couple of runs on ammo and reloading components over the past few years. The writing has been on the wall for quite some time.

I made it a habit to never leave empty handed whenever I was at some place where ammo or reloading components were being sold.

I'd grab 1000 primers, a hundred rounds of .223, some powder,..whatever they had. Just recently I found Hornady 55 grain FMJs online and bought 500 of them.

Buy it when you see it,....might be a while before you see it again.

Dumb fugks like this moron ^^^, AS USUAL, want to blame boomers for everything. Including their diapers being soiled.

Those that have been pragmatically and regularly buying don't have to deal with this "shortage". Sorry you weren't smart enough or man enough to forego your weekend getaways in San Fran with the rest of the f a g s.

And, never mind the fact that a lot of people *Not just boomers* have been gearing up for the last 15-20 years preparing for the prophesized and obviously coming current events.

You're telling me. I'm in my mid-20s; the Ferguson debacle two hours down the road when I lived in Missouri was my wakeup moment right out of high school. At that point, the writing was on the wall and I prepared accordingly. I don't have a gigantic ammo fort, but I've got plenty for anything short of full-blown Mad Max.
the gluttonous hoarders cause the shortages and until boomers are to old to shoot there will be shortages

Hey mf'er, how about you do what you want with your money, and I'll do what I want with mine. Fuqk You.
I'm sitting fine on ammo albeit, given the extended nature of this shortage I'm not exactly shooting as much as I like to which sucks.

I recently got the itch for a Ruger Redhawk 4.2 inch barrel in .44 mag. I think I've called just about every gun shop in the country looking for a new one and they're non-existent. I called and asked Ruger when they might ship some more. The rep wasn't sure but she mentioned that wheel guns are selling faster then they've ever seen. They think it's because the only ammo that is in decent supply in most places is the typical revolver calibers i.e. .38 Special, .357 Mag, etc. I thought that was an interesting take.
Originally Posted by mirage243
the gluttonous hoarders cause the shortages and until boomers are to old to shoot there will be shortages

Hey mf'er, how about you do what you want with your money, and I'll do what I want with mine. Fuqk You.

+1
Originally Posted by DeoVindice

You're telling me. I'm in my mid-20s; the Ferguson debacle two hours down the road when I lived in Missouri was my wakeup moment right out of high school. At that point, the writing was on the wall and I prepared accordingly. I don't have a gigantic ammo fort, but I've got plenty for anything short of full-blown Mad Max.

Good for you, Sir!

Always some crybabies wanting to blame everybody else for their misfortune and lack of planning.
Reloading supplies and ammo is in short supply at the local gun shop. I'm in pretty good shape for the most part. Always picked up a box or 2 of 22's and 22 mag when I stopped in and grabbed a little bit of reloading supplies. We don't spend much money on going out to eat,but we spend the right amount to be able to eat.

I help young shooter with 22LR all the time, I have enough of that ill never run out
Went to two stores yesterday looking for a smoker. Went by the ammo department. Nearly bare shelves. Barely any reloading components or loaded ammunition.
Is this surprising ?

The wind is blowing .......sometimes.
Originally Posted by gemby58

I help young shooter with 22LR all the time, I have enough of that ill never run out

Same here, gemby. And I do the same. The cost is so trivial, Why wouldn't we?
SPecialQueeR is too dense to realize that his lack of forethought makes him look even duller. Irritating him w/ success is always a good trigger to raise his blood pressure and make him cry.

mike r
I guess I need to be more paranoid.

When COVID hit, I was amazed and puzzled by the crazy run on toilet paper. And then "sanitizing" stuff. Then I noticed that industrial supply chains were starting to pinch down, hearing that from the heavy equipment side. When I finally got curious enough to head down to the LGS, well, that was already sterilized, shelves wiped bare.

The only good thing I can say is, last year when the world was looking good, I DID buy primers, powder and a couple big boxes of good bullets. But getting more now without being shafted? Ain't gonna happen.
Saw two boxes of 30-06, two 25-06, four 6.5 CM, one 30-30, one .243 win, two 7mm Rem Mag, five 350 Legend and three .222 Rem at Walmart today. There were also several flavors of .22 LR including 550 ct boxes of Federal. Lot of empty space on the shelves but still common stuff to feed a hunter's rifle. They had shot shells too.

I just loaded 1K 9mm rounds.......

'bout 500 45 ACP's

Don't need any 40's loaded.....

Plenty on the 'shelf' here
Originally Posted by tikkanut

I just loaded 1K 9mm rounds.......

'bout 500 45 ACP's

Don't need any 40's loaded.....

Plenty on the 'shelf' here

Gluttonous Old Boomer! grin
Originally Posted by Bristoe
You've got to know how to improvise.

I've got a decent stock of hardball 9mm but very few good defensive cartridges. Also, it's almort impossible to find performance bullets at the reloading suppliers.

But I found some swaged 158 grain SWCHPs at a small supplier and put together some of the old .38 spl. FBI loads for my model 10s.

I've seen scalpers on gunbroker asking $2 each for the Buffalo Bore version of them. I per a bunch together for a few cents a round.

Pat yourself on the back, Boomer
If you thinks it’s bad now , see how it looks if the election goes all D.
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook

Won’t matter to me; I’ll shoot and hunt all I want, just as always. Don’t see myself dipping into the pile of stuff that didn’t quite work out pile either, but it’s there anyway. Keep your cars gassed up, your pantry stocked, your freezer full, and some cash on hand.

Prudence isn’t hoarding, except to those who don’t exercise it.

If it goes for Trump, the rioting will make this past summer look like a lovefest. Dont expect guns/ammo to become more available when DJT wins.

I've suggested these guys before

boolits in stock.......

https://www.evergladesammo.com/bullets/handgun-bullets/40-165gr-fmj-bullet.html

500 plated 9's for $59 shipped

https://www.evergladesammo.com/bullets/handgun-bullets/9mm-115gr-rn-plated-bullets-v2.html
If we didn't have these occasional shortages, people wouldn't get the opportunity to come on here and wave their dicks around while declaring how superior they are since they have enough ammunition and components laid by to supply the invasion of the Japanese home islands.
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

If it goes for Trump, the rioting will make this past summer look like a lovefest. Dont expect guns/ammo to become more available when DJT wins.

The election outcome is unknown at this time. It will depend on voter motivation which is tied to voter turnout. If Biden wins ammo and certain guns will be difficult to obtain for very, very long time. Gun control will become an issue because that is one of the ways politicians take up time and attention from getting issues important to voters done. Other distractions are: LGBT issues, Pro-life issues,......For example, gun control is attempted because socio-economic issues behind gun violence in America are too expensive and difficult to address.
My local Academy this afternoon: about 20 pistols in the glass cases built to hold 200-300, clerk said they have not had more than 200 since May. He said the previous normal was 1,000 in the store altogether.

Some reloading supplies, no powder/primers.

No pistol ammo. Rifle ammo was limited to .22 shotshells, 6.5 Creedmoor, some Federal 30.06 and 7mm RemMag, .350 Legend, one box of .450 Bushmaster, some .300 WinMag, and a good bit of 12-gauge duck ammo.

P.S. They had ONE Ruger 57 (5.7x28) for $699.99. I asked him how many people knew what that was, he said hardly anybody.

'component control'

is a better phrase
Here in the Hoosier state most gunshop shelves are petty thin when it comes to handguns. Two weeks ago I was set-up with the owner of a LGS, he told me that their normal stock of handguns on display was 500 since Covid it's a struggle to keep 200 in the cases. He only sells 9mm ammo to handgun purchasers one box per purchase. Most dealers at the show were asking $80.00/1K for handgun primers with scalpers asking $100/1K. 9mm ammo when it can be found is $35.00/50 with scalpers asking $50.00/50.
Only the dumbfuques like our whiny little beech wait until there is a crisis looming to prepare. His/her food stock probably consists of 3 cans of beanie weenies and 2 frozen pizzas. Waaah! 😢
Originally Posted by gunzo
Don't be so hard on her Dirt. She's obviously very young & has no memory of what happened 4 years ago, or 4 years before that, or.... or,

Likes to look for a gas station after her car starts to sputter.

laugh laugh laugh
WTT TP 4 SPP PM OK BRB
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
WTT TP 4 SPP PM OK BRB

say what ?

TP for SPP.........

sorry have both.......
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Has anyone increased their dryfire practice to maximize their live fire results? There is no shortage of shot timers, an item no serious shooter would lack. Who has a plan when they go to practice?

Asking for a friend.

mike r
Originally Posted by gemby58

Same here, gemby. And I do the same. The cost is so trivial, Why wouldn't we?

Use to give cases of 22LR to youth shooting clubs off the fire when the 22 shortage ent on years ago, till a bunch of freaking trouble makers on here started to cry because they didn't want to do my requests to prove they were a youth shooting club, 4H, boy scouts, but some fine people on here did what I requested and there club got cases of free 22LR, I stopped that and just gave it away around here. I knew they were trying to get it for there own use
I bet the Feds have first bid on any production and they're paying over full retail. Not saying it's right or wrong, but if I were in charge of Homeland Security, and assuming things get out of control after the election, it would be in my best interest to make sure my department had a ton of ammo and the would be rioters don't have access to mass quantities.
I've been stockpiling since the Klintoon regime. Everyone acts as if they can't see what's on the horizon.
© 24hourcampfire