Home

Really didn't expect this to be the out come of this story....

Zion NP is very vast....steep cliffs/trails......

But 12 days alone ??

Temps still have been quite warm in southern Utah....cold long nights

Glad all turned out well.....she's a fighter ! Good for you !

https://www.ksl.com/article/5003331...nal-park-found-safe-and-well-family-says
Odd. I’m thinking she didn’t want to be found.
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Odd. I’m thinking she didn’t want to be found.

Indeed. Smells like a scam.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone's continued support and prayers! Details on her rescue are limited right now, and we will update you when we have all the information," Courtier's sister, Jamie Strong, said in an update shared on GoFundMe*.

She asked others to share the fundraiser page "as Holly will need medical care in the days moving forward. She has no medical insurance to cover the costs and your donations will help.“

P
Ya.... Something is off..... Alien abduction?

-Jake
There is more to that story. Doesnt pass the smell test.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
There is more to that story. Doesnt pass the smell test.

I agree with above posts.......

sumthing ain't right........

Vegas for the weekend ??????

Correct me if wrong.....

12 days in the Utah wild alone ?
She had to have been interviewed after being found and asked; "What happened?" We should have heard something about how she managed to get disoriented or something. Nothing about that in the news story, or the usual recounting of what the person did for food & shelter and how she was found, or anything else that happened to her while she was lost. Now she needs money for medical expenses. Even if it's a true story, then it's being presented in a vague, fishy manner.
She's got those Crazy Eyes...........Good one to stay away from.
You're smelling what I'm smelling. It's a scam to raise money on funding sites.
Some loony chick from California, the whole thing smells like BS.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

12344Mag, you beat me to it.

L.W.

FB

click

[img]https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...768d464f610c84bf56a38118&oe=5FB30FD4[/img]
I don’t think it’s a scam to get money from a fundraiser. You’ll note the article just mentions medical care, but no injuries.

They’re raising money to get her mental illness treatment.
She's 38. Probably a grandmother. Not young.
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
I don’t think it’s a scam to get money from a fundraiser. You’ll note the article just mentions medical care, but no injuries.

They’re raising money to get her mental illness treatment.

Yep ! The article says found alive AND well.
I read it before reading everyone's posts and had many of the same thoughts. Didn't get any details except the gfm info then my initial thoughts are gfy.
Go fund yourself.

Like when my wife's cousin seriously started a gfm to pay to take his family on a vacation. He comes from a wealthy family too. I posted under his Facebook post about it gfy. His friends and family thought I was being overly crude until I followed up with go fund yourself.

Bb
I don't think that "lucky" is an accurate descriptor here.

Yep
Her story is kind of far fetched. I think it was an alien abduction.
Yes crazy eyes, RUN!
I dunno that this is the case here but I figure there's gonna be a lot more mentally unbalanced fortyish year old women out there. Swallowed the Progressive agenda hook line and sinker; no spouse, no kids, no reason to go on living.
from another article about her:
Chambers appealed for help from other hikers to help find Courtier but she said her mother was a fit, experienced hiker and a fighter who could survive for more than a week outdoors in all of Zion's rugged glory.
Did she carry a day pack with survival gear? That's dry country. Is water available this time of year? It's been in the 40's at night. What kind of shelter or clothing did she carry? Fire starting stuff? The park has many miles of trails. Are there no sign posts along those trails? So many questions are unanswered.

Yea.......many unanswered questions...NPS declined comments...

Even with all the other visitors/hikers...Zion is big and empty

I still smell fish.......12 days is a L O N G time w/o proper gear

several vid's here

https://news.yahoo.com/overjoyed-missing-zion-national-park-220514109.html11
This reminds me of the thread on here the other day about spending a weekend with a lunatic woman. I've never been to Zion, but 12 days out in the wild without supplies by yourself anywhere might be a little tough. I think it's a scam or else she's crazy and is trying to teach someone a lesson. Psycho.
Something that caught my attention while reading about this on a different source, is that she was found following "a tip" from another hiker. I thought that seemed odd..."a tip"...
I'm thinking there was a bunch of boinking going on for twelve days.
Yeah no.
They sure didn't waste any time slipping in the GFM thingy.
She sue has those strange eyes.
Sign of being a bit crazy.??

Originally Posted by WYcoyote
I'm thinking there was a bunch of boinking going on for twelve days.

Haha.

Made for TV movie to follow.

Hallmark.

Aunt Becky to star...

This statement from the Sheriff indicates that there may be more to the story than the family’s version:

https://www.abc4.com/news/southern-...s-missing-person-case-of-holly-courtier/

as I posted before

truth will come out...but for now.....

I smell...............

[Linked Image from mfa.cachefly.net]
I hope they bill her for the false S&R costs.
My guess on this is that the woman has some “issues”, therefore has no money, therefore billing her would go nowhere. One of the articles said something about her losing her “nanny” job due to coronavirus, which supposedly triggered her desire to hike a bunch of parks.
Hopefully they send her back to California where she belongs
Originally Posted by bhemry
This statement from the Sheriff indicates that there may be more to the story than the family’s version:

https://www.abc4.com/news/southern-...s-missing-person-case-of-holly-courtier/

Very interesting. The spokesman for the Sheriff's Office, a Deputy himself, and a former paramedic, has said that her story is impossible. The river she supposedly drank out of, after 12 days would have probably killed her. She supposedly got knocked on the head by a tree and made disoriented, yet when she was found EMS teams said she could walk fine, and did not even need ambulance transport to a hospital. They let her go in the custody of her family.

Her story is complete BS.

I think it is the estrogen, it makes humans crazy.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

I think it is the estrogen, it makes humans crazy.

Estrogen explains the irritability and belly fat
of many andropause geriatrics on the CF.
As an update: the sheriff is questioning a few things about her 'ordeal'. No surprise there. But now her sister's backing her story. She says she went all 12 days with no food or water and lost 18lb. Without food I can understand, but 12 days without water? And she walked out under her own power? Hmmm.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
As an update: the sheriff is questioning a few things about her 'ordeal'. No surprise there. But now her sister's backing her story. She says she went all 12 days with no food or water and lost 18lb. Without food I can understand, but 12 days without water? And she walked out under her own power? Hmmm.

crazy women never make up stories to get attention
© 24hourcampfire