Home
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Need some camo seat covers for the WarWagon....88 Suburban.

Any good brands? Materials?

Neoprene? Fabric?

Thanks.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Cant help it but I always like Saddle blanket seat covers in older trucks.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Neoprene would likely make my ass sweat like standing around in a wetsuit before a dive.

I'd go with fabric myself, but that's just me, if I wanted camo.

personally, I saw about 350 seat covers unloaded at your place the other day. I love my sheepskin seat covers I do. Need to get some more, but damn Costco went with sheaper ones now than the good ones I got 17 years ago for the Matrix.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
I'd probably go with fabric. I had neoprene in my Jeep. It was comfortable and fit good but it faded rapidly in the sun and started falling apart after a couple of years.
Posted By: logger Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Jim:

We went with Marathon seat covers in our Ram 3500. Not the cheapest, but they seem to wear like iron. We've had them for 11 years and they still look great. I would mention that we don't have dogs or kids.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Stay away from neoprene unless you like a good case of the swamp ass
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Why do you want to hide your seats?

Or, are you hiding kid tracks!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Had my Marathons for 3 years now.

I like them, and they still look new.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Have had Marathons in my 93 Dodge for close to 17 years, never parked in a garage.
They have faded some, I had to slit them for the headrest posts and those slits
have torn an inch or two from my fidgeting around.

Have never needed to reposition them, no real wear, just shiny from my ass
sliding in and out.

They are doing ok.
Will update when they have had time to get old.
Posted By: Razorhog Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
CoverKings
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Marathon
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Bro in law has 8+ years on his Marathons. Last time I looked they looked near new.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Marathons are codura nylon, I don't know if that's the 'fabric' folks are speaking of. The cheap ones I picked up in Academy are polyester, when I asked the same question some guys here said they found them to be OK. I often bring dogs along and down here in this climate I'm often wet with sweat when I get into the truck. I don't want to get the cab funky before its time, so on those occasions I throw a couple of old cotton bedsheets over the seats so I sweat into them instead. Wash 'em with my laundry.

One such occasion yesterday morning..

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I would think camo seat covers are de rigeur for Campfire crowd, camo wallets and binocs OTH are just nuts, less you want to lose them in the woods. I might invest in some camo bedsheets tho.

Posted By: dale06 Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Marathon

Have had several sets of them. I usually trade off my vehicles after 4 years. The marathons worked well.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Marathon always gets good recommendations, but I went with Headwaters Seat Covers because they're a Montana family-owned company. The owner used to work at Marathon. I'm quite happy with them.

How much do you want to spend?
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Marathons will last for years. However, they say on their website that camo patterns will fade faster than solid colors. Solids have the color impregnated right into the fabric. Camos have to be printed after the fabric is made so the colors don't go all the way through. Mine are solids and spend a lot of time in the sun so they've faded some but they still look good after 6 or 7 years.
Posted By: fishnpbr Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
I have used PrecisionFit in my last 3 trucks. I use their endura fabric. It's water resistant, durable, and cleans up easily. They are pricey but have a great fit.They still looked good after 10 years in my 06 F 150.

https://www.precisionfit.com/us/en
Posted By: BobMt Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Marathon always gets good recommendations, but I went with Headwaters Seat Covers because they're a Montana family-owned company. The owner used to work at Marathon. I'm quite happy with them.

the guy in three forks?.....thats where I went.....really like them.....bob
Originally Posted by BobMt

the guy in three forks?.....thats where I went.....really like them.....bob

Yes.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Carhartt?
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Marathon

Have had several sets of them. I usually trade off my vehicles after 4 years. The marathons worked well.

When I was a kid, my dad bought a new truck and I remember asking him if he was going to put seat covers on it. He said "Hell no, I paid for the seats, too, soI'm going to wear the new off them. The next SOB can pay for seat covers". When he bought his 2011 Ram he put Marathons on it, and other than a little fading (camo) they still look good.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Marathon's always fit perfectly, not much else does !
Posted By: las Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Camo seat covers? Criminey - I'd never find my truck in the parking lot..... smile

My wife bought the ones in the Ram 3500 now, but they are wearing pretty badly and need replacement. Never much liked those plastic frogs sitting on the tops of the headrests either.

No - I'm not kidding.

Thanks for the reviews
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
I bought an '08 Dodge Ram in '12 with 60k on it. The drivers seat was badly worn on the left side from the driver having to slide off of it to get out. I put on Marathons to cover the seats and then put on nerf bars so I could get in and out without having to use an airplane emergency slide.
Posted By: las Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
I just swapped seat covers with the passenger side on mine for the same reason. Frogs are looking the other way now.. smile
Posted By: MIKEWERNER Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Jim doesn't require neoprene for that....

Originally Posted by hillestadj
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Looks like Marathon will set me back 600 some odd dollars for the whole Suburban.

Are they really that good?
Posted By: Johnsclist Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Marathons are worth the cost
Posted By: MIKEWERNER Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
For that price.....you could get Boll&Branch sheets.

Way nicer than Birdwatchers sheet/seat covers.

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Looks like Marathon will set me back 600 some odd dollars for the whole Suburban.

Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
For that price.....you could get Boll&Branch sheets.

Way nicer than Birdwatchers sheet/seat covers.

Ya but, without the sheets and the dogs they just look like ordinary camo seat covers smile

IIRC the Academy seat covers cost me about $35 each, Marathons (~$250 for two?) were out of my league just now. I'd still do the sheet thing even with Marathons, just me or me and the dogs and the dogs don't care, the sheets do come right out when I'm gonna be driving people and seem to take most of any dirt or odors out with 'em.

I AM about to spring $200+ on some uber floor mats, the old-version 2019 Frontier I got is now out of production, I figure need to get those primo floor mats while they are still available.

Posted By: renegade50 Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Just get some blankets like Jules and Vincent did per Mr Wolfe,s instructions.
Nip and tuck em.

Zip tie em around edges to fit and hold maybe..

Or......

You got skills with leather, surely that can translate into respectable and durable fabbed up seat covers with good heavy material blankets of the same pattern.
I bet if you doubled over the back side of seat cover blankets along their edges and popped grommets into em .
They would lace up nicely on the back side with some 1/16 or 1/8 th inch braided synthetic material twine.

Hmmmmmm.........

Wally world has seat covers also.
Cheap and they last 3 ish years.
I bet you could spend 100 125 bucks to deck out the burban.
Apply the rest for new tires on it and get rid of those pizza cutter tires you got on it now from that thread a week or 2 ago you put up.

600 bucks for seat covers in the burban???

Like Joe would say....

Come on Man.....

LOL!!!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
I wish I'd have put some on before I wore a hole!!!
Posted By: Salty303 Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Carhartt?

Yes. They're not cheap either but not as much as these Marathon ones by the sounds of it. I had a set of Carhartts on my F 150. Lasted 3 years of hard use (dogs) and I kept them when I sold the truck and I reused the head rests for gear bags and still have the seat body pieces that I'll repurpose for something just not sure yet. Pretty hard to wear Carhartt fabric out..
Posted By: Salty303 Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Oh, but not sure if they do cammo or not. Get the kids a couple spray bombs and let them go at it. haha
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
https://www.ariesautomotive.com/part/3142-20

Aries covers you use when needed. Waterproof too.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/23/20
Jim, I put these in the back bench seats of my wife's and my pickups. Been excellent so far.

https://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-Solvit-Premium-Extra-Wide-Bench/dp/B01LCJB2WM/

You might get away with Marathons in the front, and these in the rear.

Hence why I asked how much you wanted to spend.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
$600????

Indian blanket seat covers from Amazon. Now those would really set off that nice classic burban.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
Originally Posted by NVhntr
$600????

Indian blanket seat covers from Amazon. Now those would really set off that nice classic burban.

Exactly. I like the classic saddle blanket look.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
Marathons will likely outlast an '88. I've had saddle blanket covers and they do look great on older cars but they won't last nearly as long as nylon Marathons.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
Yep, and I have seen some good saddle blanket ones, and
some that weren any better than the throw rugs Grandpa throws over
his seat.
Posted By: Hubert Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Where did you buy those? they look like what I want. including the console with seat covers.. I looked on line for them but are not sure of the center seat covers they quote...my Truck is a chevy and the console seat looks the same as yours... PM me if you want. thanks Hubert
Originally Posted by Hubert

Where did you buy those? they look like what I want. including the console with seat covers.. I looked on line for them but are not sure of the center seat covers they quote...my Truck is a chevy and the console seat looks the same as yours... PM me if you want. thanks Hubert
He said they're Marathons so they had to come from here: MARATHON SEAT COVERS
I know what he said.. but did he buy them at a store , or ordered them on line.I don't want to order them then have to send them back if they are not like the ones he has.. thanks for BUTTING into others business.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
Had some tan twill or duck cloth ones a few vehicles ago.
Cleaned up pretty well and didn't hold dust/dirt the way those pseudo plush velour type fabrics do.
I know what he said.. but did he buy them at a store , or ordered them on line.I don't want to order them then have to send them back if they are not like the ones he has.. thanks for BUTTING into others business.

Just trying to help butthead, in case he's not around today to answer. I won't bother to try to help you out again.
Posted By: Bootsfishing Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
Carhartt
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Just trying to help butthead, in case he's not around today to answer. I won't bother to try to help you out again.

Thanks. but I have time to wait for his answer.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
I don't know if any of you are familiar with Ollie's discount store. They mostly sell crap, but I saw coated nylon bucket seat covers in Realtree w/black trim, for $12 each, including separate headrest covers! For that price I took a chance. After 4 months, no complaints. They fit, don't shift around or come loose. No seams coming apart. I don't expect them to last for years, but at that price, I'm very pleased.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
You can probably get your seats reupholstered for less than $600. Walmart seat covers and floor mats have worked great for me.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
I prefer camo duct tape.
Posted By: sse Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
swag aint cheap
Posted By: MIKEWERNER Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
Irresponsible.

One night of leaving the windows down and Jim's swamp a$$ gets bit by an invisible rattler.

Originally Posted by hillestadj

Posted By: Morewood Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
My laptop is currently slammed with seat cover ads.

Thanks!
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
JC...
This thread is getting pretty controversial.
Dudes are at each others throats!!!

What are you gonna get or do for the Conrad family truckster,s seat covers for christ sakes???

LOL!!!
Originally Posted by JeffyD
I don't know if any of you are familiar with Ollie's discount store. They mostly sell crap, but I saw coated nylon bucket seat covers in Realtree w/black trim, for $12 each, including separate headrest covers! For that price I took a chance. After 4 months, no complaints. They fit, don't shift around or come loose. No seams coming apart. I don't expect them to last for years, but at that price, I'm very pleased.

Good idea! Spend $600 on gas to drive to Texas to buy $12 seat covers.
Campfire logic.
i remember when camo wasn't chic...just go to the army surplus and get it cheap

now you have to roll it into a Ford 250 lease

Campfire logic.

costs out the same if u stay home and spend the $600
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20

Campfire logic.

So, no Ollie's in Henderson, eh? I'm about 10 miles away from one.
Been to Henderson, about 20 years ago. Nice area.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Thanks. but I have time to wait for his answer.

I ordered them directly from Marathon.

As far as I know, that's about the only way to get them.

You enter your vehicle information and seat type. Pretty hard to mess up.

They will also send you free material swatches of patterns for approval before they ship. That way you know for sure.

https://www.marathonseatcovers.com/
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
I figured you'd just use shearling?

Campfire logic.

So, no Ollie's in Henderson, eh? I'm about 10 miles away from one.
Been to Henderson, about 20 years ago. Nice area.

Nope,no Ollie's here. Checked it out online and it shows Texas area stores only and no online sales.
Henderson is nice, it was nicer 20 years ago.
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
I bought my winter camo seat covers for my Silverado here:

https://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/

Love them.
Posted By: BigNate Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
Without a doubt the best seat covers I've seen/used at a reasonable cost are from here. https://www.clazzio.com If using leather usually catskinz or however it's spelled. I start at Clazzio though.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/24/20
I like the Marathons. They are made over in Bozeman. They can install them as well. The ones that I had on my Tundra lasted 8 years and still in good shape when the truck was totaled. Got some new seat covers for my F150 replacement.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/26/20
Same day photos today in dog mode....

...and then grandchild mode.....

Kryptex seat covers, $30 ea. They work, mostly.

A full set of Marathons would run $400+

Got a $200+ set of Weathertech floor mats inbound, after that gotta do a towing hitch, electric hookup and a cap, might get around to Marathons after that.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Camo seat covers? - 10/26/20
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I figured you'd just use shearling?

Great minds and all that you know

Originally Posted by Valsdad

personally, I saw about 350 seat covers unloaded at your place the other day.

Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Camo seat covers? - 12/09/20
Well, I didnt read the thread.....missed the fact that Marathon is made in Montana.

I did order a set for the front row.

Just received a call from Marathon....confirming my order.

They will be done next week.....

Just need someone to pick them up!

They have an 8(!) week lead time to ship. Or I can pick them up next week.

Crazy.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Camo seat covers? - 12/09/20
Well, I didnt read the thread.....missed the fact that Marathon is made in Montana.

I did order a set for the front row.

Just received a call from Marathon....confirming my order.

They will be done next week.....

Just need someone to pick them up!

They have an 8(!) week lead time to ship. Or I can pick them up next week.

Crazy.

Probably could walk there and back in 8 weeks?
Posted By: Salty303 Re: Camo seat covers? - 12/09/20
7 pages of well thought out and crafted responses and Jimbo don't read it.
WTF?
I'm starting to think some people and for sure the OP don't take this place for the great think tank it is.

smirk
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Camo seat covers? - 12/09/20
Shoulda went with Headwaters so all the money stayed in Montana.
I did read it.....just missed the fact that Marathon was a Montana company.
I did read it.....just missed the fact that Marathon was a Montana company.

Oh I didn't read that part. lol
Hahaha!

It happens.
Tay you what son! That ol Burby is getting some love. New boots n rims, new seat covers... nice

Schit...I did miss that one!
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Camo seat covers? - 12/09/20
'88 Burb? I used to have an '86, white, that I called the Beluga. It had a great body but the upholstery was totally shot, along with the engine and transmission. In fact, the body was the only good part of it. New seat covers wouldn't have done much for it.
I parked it out front with a for sale sign. It sat for a couple months then a guy showed up drooling for it as he counted out the cash, no dickering. He had an '86 that he'd completely restored, new engine, tranny, upholstery, camo paint, lift kit, tires, etc. Then he rolled it. He'd been looking for a clean body for 6 months and when he saw mine, he couldn't get his wallet out fast enough. If I'd known he was coming, I could have doubled the price and he would have grabbed it.
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Camo seat covers? - 12/09/20
Were I a bovine breeder, I'd get seat covers in the correct shade of greenish brown. Mine are Machine Mung Spotted Dark Gray.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Camo seat covers? - 12/09/20

Schit...I did miss that one!

Marathon is owned by an out-of-state mother company now. As evidenced by their advocates, their products must still be good though.
© 24hourcampfire