Home

Not mine. Somebody sent to me. Wonder what the injury is from?

Wow, that's crazy!

Maybe a cougar?

You'd think if it was hit with a car it's legs would be busted up.

In any case, he's probably wishing a hunter would put him out of his misery.
That really sucks.
Entire piece of hide missing. Poor bastard.
JFC
I’d say an F-150 or similar did the damage.
Geez. Won't last long. Wonder what got it.
That's bizarre.
Really cleanly cut away hide. It's almost like someone was cutting out a backstrap and the deer came back to life and took off.
I posted it in the deer sub forum, wondered if it was from a combine
Originally Posted by T_Inman
That's bizarre.
Really cleanly cut away hide. It's almost like someone was cutting out a backstrap and the deer came back to life and took off.

That's what I was thinking. That hide looks pretty cleanly cut! "Hey, Bob, let me show you this new gutless method....I'm gonna take out the backstraps now....WTF!!!!"
OMG I cannot believe that.
Definitely, not an initiated animal wound.
Definately "gutless" butchered IMO. I wonder how he is still breathing with his chest cavity open?? Or is it.?

Only a dumphuk doesn't put in an insurance shot or check the critter for "dead", by touching the eyeball with a safety off, hot chambered muzzle. Or both... (I have a story on a moose I shot.... hence the "both".)
WHAT?!?!
No way that can be real.
I'm going with combine.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'm going with combine.

Bedded? Makes sense
Yep. Gotta' be a combine.
Deer are tough. Taken out broadheads while butchering that had been in for who knows how long. Several with broken legs. Mother Nature can be a B.
Close encounter with a barbed wire fence while at a dead run?
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

No.

But keep guessing...
Aliens.
I'd say he didn't quite duck low enough while he was hauling ass under something that was heavy and sharp maybe a parked piece of farm equipment, or something I don't know. Poor bastard has it rough though.
I guess I haven't been around too many deer hit by a combine, but wouldn't the swather blades "rip" that hide, more than cut it?
That is an insanely clean and straight looking cut.....
It's all a WAG really

If removing backstrap, why remove so much extra hide . backstraps could be removed from a much smaller cut
After looking more it does look straight along the spine . that would be a he ll of a story to tell if in fact is a backstraps tale
Who in the hell cut's out backstraps that way??

JFC

It's obviously a machine that did it. Combine is a good guess.

Poor deer.
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Who in the hell cut's out backstraps that way??

JFC

It's obviously a machine that did it. Combine is a good guess.

Poor deer.

I'd of definitely cut further up the neck and further back towards the rump to get out the backstrap out and I don't cut the hide completely off, but other than that.....I do.

I'm not totally buying that a machine got this deer and certainly not a combine. It's not even close to being "obvious" to me. It's way too clean of a cut. I've see swather blades kill birds and wrap up all kinds of random stuff and they always rip things up....not cleanly cut like that. That's really odd.

That wound reminds me of cows with fistulas at university ag science programs, but substantially bigger and leaving the entire cut open like that makes zero sense either.
That is very strange cut. No idea what.
I am trying to figure out how it could of been faked.

I don't see how any machinery would of cut that clean. Also how did he not get balled up in it.

Wound is perfectly clean sharp edges not a spot of blood on the deer anywhere else.

How the hell did that deer even think about doing anything besides going to lay down and die.

If real I almost wonder if he did not get a arrow zipped down the spine. Provide a clean edge. Infection set in massive abscess formed just under the skin. Eventually broke.

Or Seriously makes you think maybe there is something to the supernatural.
Poor bugger jumped a bit high and got sliced by a wind turbine
Or aliens. That works too.
Originally Posted by High_Noon

Combines make a lot of noise. Wouldn't it be unusual for the deer not to run from it?
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

This
I don't know what might have done that but I wish I had never opened this thread and seen it.
Originally Posted by highpockets1
I don't know what might have done that but I wish I had never opened this thread and seen it.

This!!!
When I first saw this on facebook, it struck me as a cougar or bear attack that the deer somehow escaped from mid bite..... can't imagine how else something like that would happen...
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by High_Noon

Combines make a lot of noise. Wouldn't it be unusual for the deer not to run from it?

For the first 5 days after birth, babies of the deer family drop to the ground and will not move as an anti-predator behavior.

This works against predators because the very young deer have very little scent up to that point.

Doesn't work on combines though...

John
I'll stick with my first guess. Anyone dumb enough to not make sure the deer is dead is likely incompetent enough to make a cut like this using "gutless" method he knows nothing about, nor anatomy either.
Some hack knocked it down and started to butcher it without making sure it was dead. It came to and took off. Amazing it can move around like that. The coyotes will be along shortly.
Wow!
Broadhead skimming the top of the back?
Originally Posted by atomchaser
Some hack knocked it down and started to butcher it without making sure it was dead. It came to and took off. Amazing it can move around like that. The coyotes will be along shortly.

Maybe they cut out the bullet wound so it's like he was never shot.
Wow. Definitely strange. I don't have a clue. All I know is that it's gonna be dead pretty soon and I hope someone finds it right away for a "post mortem" exanination.
Hope someday I’m as tuff as that buck.

After being injured I’m going to walk into Wal-Mart and do some shopping.
I don't see how it could walk and act that normally with such a wound and with the musculature missing. It seems to have normal awareness and movement capability with not even so much as a limp. There is no sign of any kind of distress. The surrounding hide doesn't look ruffled or show any blood. How could there be that much tissue loss with no blood anywhere? I don't understand how it could even stand up but it looks real enough. On the other hand so do the wounds shown in movies.

That poor thing
Tough animal.

Any way he survives, or will infection take him?
A coyote took him before infection ever had a chance.
Originally Posted by HootieSC
Originally Posted by atomchaser

Maybe they cut out the bullet wound so it's like he was never shot.

Yep no sign of any other injury.
Originally Posted by Squidge
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

^This, fo' sure. wink
© 24hourcampfire