Home
Posted By: RUM7 Moving to Montana, advise needed. - 10/25/20
Looking to head to the great state of Montana.
I promise not to bring all of my CA ideals. I'm sure we can all find a compromise. I plan on opening a Tesla recharging station with a gift shop that sells man bun accessories. What areas do you think would be a good fit? Thanks on advance.

PS: I plan on overpaying for a massive tract of land so I can start a deer and bear sanctuary. Should be fun!
That's better than a bare derriere sanctuary
Heavy clothes.

Firewood

Tire chains
Originally Posted by RUM7
I promise not to bring all of my CA ideals. I'm sure we can all find a compromise. I plan on opening a Tesla recharging station with a gift shop that sells man bun accessories. What areas do you think would be a good fit? Thanks on advance.

PS: I plan on overpaying for a massive tract of land so I can start a deer and bear sanctuary. Should be fun!

Gloves?
Don't tell anybody your from Kali. Don't drive around with Kali plates on your rig. Once you're there tell all Montanan's how much you hate Kalis. You'll fit right in
Montana will have more unmarked gravesites than rural Las Vegas.
I'll make a stop at the Patagonia outlet for warm gear before I go. Thanks guys.

Don't they sell firewood in the little bundles at the store up there?
I recall my first trip to Montana. We were spending the summer on the road. Started at the Atlantic ocean and worked our way across to the Pacific. Along the way we thought, "Montana is right up there. Let's go see it."

We camped at about 7000 ft. in early August. Got sunburned on the 7th. Snowed 3 inches on the 8th,....No winter clothes. So we decided it was time to go see something else.

I wonder how all of those California transplants are feeling these days. I think their first Montana winter is going to cause a bit of enlightenment for many of them.
I highly recommend Bozeman or Missoula, it sounds like you have a sound plan for either of those areas.

Don't forget to include wolves in your sanctuary plan, there is a dearth of them in MT. Also be sure to tell everyone about how much you sold you CA home for and cheap it was to buy one in MT. And of course be sure to have the obligatory Subaru with Co-Exist stickers and a Save The Wolves stickers on it, you will blend in right away.

p.s. - if your home is on over a 1/4 acre always refer to it as "the ranch".

drover
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Heavy clothes.

Firewood

Tire chains

lots of ammo.......
I'll make a stop at the Patagonia outlet for warm gear before I go. Thanks guys.

If I see one more azzhole driving a fuggin Subaru...

UR having a wolf sanctuary

can we come in & shoot 'em ?
Originally Posted by copperking81

Toyota OK with Utah plates ?
I recall my first trip to Montana. We were spending the summer on the road. Started at the Atlantic ocean and worked our way across to the Pacific. Along the way we thought, "Montana is right up there. Let's go see it."

We camped at about 7000 ft. in early August. Got sunburned on the 7th. Snowed 3 inches on the 8th,....No winter clothes. So we decided it was time to go see something else.

I wonder how all of those California transplants are feeling these days. I think their first Montana winter is going to cause a bit of enlightenment for many of them.

There's probably plenty of Montana natives who wonder wth is going on with the weather when records are broken by 15 degrees.

Tacoma...........

not a Prius
Bristoe: It was a sunny -7 degrees (7 degrees below ZERO!) at my house this morning - but, it was a dry cold!
I actually enjoy the diversity of weather here compared to where I was born and raised - it was gray and rainy there, most all the time.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by tikkanut

I don't know... you Mormon? lol

Nope.......I'll bring beer !

Hmmm... ok. But we're keeping a fuggin eye on you.
Heavy clothes.

Firewood

Tire chains

lots of ammo.......

That's a fact.

LOL

OK....what kinda ammo ya need

I'll bring some
Subarus are for lesbians.
Plus they use waaay to much gas.

Too funny

[Linked Image from img0.etsystatic.com]
Calling for -8F tonight.

Being the wonderful BIL that I am there happened to be a block heater installed last week in my SIL's little Honda(with Cali plates...).

OK....what kinda ammo ya need

I'll bring some

Yes.

the real Subaru

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Calling for -8F tonight.

Being the wonderful BIL that I am there happened to be a block heater installed last week in my SIL's little Honda(with Cali plates...).

Will my Tesla need a block heater??
Oh no, I've heard those Tesla's are badass.
Don't forget to stock skinny jeans and ass/ballsac shaving gel.

guess I better go & pick the last of the 'maters

13* tonight

wind 22+ from the NW now......

not sure if I could live in MT....
Pretty sure the only Toyota dealership in the state is in Missoula so your choices are limited.

It's warm there.
Helena has a Starbucks , you might enjoy that .
Pretty sure the only Toyota dealership in the state is in Missoula so your choices are limited.

It's warm there.

I ain't movin'

wife still has 3-4 yrs to work to support my retired azz.........
Where I am now hunting in MT, some of the locals are waiting for the weather to clear, so they can drive to Yuma AZ for the winter.
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Don't forget to stock skinny jeans and ass/ballsac shaving gel.

Wow, I'm not a total tool. Of course I'll bring my ball sack shaving butter.
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Helena has a Starbucks , you might enjoy that .

ain't never paid $4 for a cup of coffee & won't
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Where I am now hunting in MT, some of the locals are waiting for the weather to clear, so they can drive to Yuma AZ for the winter.

Probably farmers.
SMART farmers.

OP, I can give you the best advice available, as I made the same move a few years ago.

First, your Tesla charging station/man bun outlet will be welcome here. When we were first looking around Montana, we had a Tesla and there is a dearth of charging stations. I ran out of juice around Choteau and the tow truck driver thought it needed repairs. A week later, we had the first Cummins Tesla. The charge was steep, and the repair shop kept calling me "phaggot from phaggotville", so I bet there's also many man bun customers waiting for your services.

Second, stay away from Bozeman or Missoula. They will tar and feather you for leaving the promised land of California. Instead, head to a small ranching community where you will be able to show the local MAGA types that there's more to the world than freedom, liberty and G-d. I assure you, if you put up a Black Lives Matter lawn sign you'll meet all of your new neighbors really quick. Personally, I like Wilsall for this kind of welcome.

Third, and finally, when you buy your spread, don't bother to introduce yourself to the adjoining landowners. Just put up a lot of NO HUNTING/NO TRESPASSING/NO REPUBLICANS signs on the barbed wire fencing you'll put in. If you are lucky enough to buy a place near an operating cattle ranch, you'll have free meat when a cow wanders onto your property. The ranchers here understand that the penalty for livestock trespassing is death and will likely stop by to apologize and offer you money for the cost of the .500 S&W Magnum round you put into the cow.
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
SMART farmers.

Puzzies!
Why would anyone want the leave the great state of California? There is nothing in Montana better than California, but I hear Texas is the fuggin chit.

I'm thinkin' RUM7.........

changed his mind after all the comments on his sanctuary
As mentioned, I wandered all over the country in 1980. People everywhere were fairly ambivalent about me wherever I went,....except in northwestern Montana.

Those people don't even like tourists passing through. I can just imagine how they'll treat Californians who have arrived to stay.

It would be fun to witness the interactions.
Sheep country
Don't forget to come over to idaho for the reunion...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Lol
Don't forget to stop every rancher you see and ask many questions about his stock. Ranchers love it when outsiders show interest in their animals. You'll make many friends that way. Then you guys can discuss politics and religion.
SMART farmers.

Puzzies!

Sam win the internet today.

LOL

I'm thinkin' RUM7.........

changed his mind after all the comments on his sanctuary

No way, I'm all in.
I tried Texas but I don't enjoy my ball sack being stuck to my leg all summer. Also, they are pretty [bleep] stupid down there. They think the gulf of Mexico is the real ocean. Lol
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Don't forget to stop every rancher you see and ask many questions about his stock. Ranchers love it when outsiders show interest in their animals. You'll make many friends that way. Then you guys can discuss politics and religion.

Are you from Montana?

The only lesbian I know drives a Dodge pickup.......
Originally Posted by deflave
SMART farmers.

Puzzies!

Sam win the internet today.

LOL

Quickie from this morning.

Originally Posted by SBTCO

The only lesbian I know drives a Dodge pickup.......

Obviously you've never been to the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
Subarus attract lesbians like flies to sheit.

Quickie from this morning.

Those little vehicles have become ubiquitous with the ranchers where I am now in MT.

I've killed 2....you?

Kid and I have a few more tags in our pockets for next months trip to Idaho as well.

Best wishes.

Normally I much prefer to use a 700 Grizzly atv but didn't want to freeze my vag this morning.

Thursday-Friday is horse only country, luckily it's gonna be nice by then.
Originally Posted by Salmonella

I've killed 2....you?

Kid and I have a few more tags in our pockets for next months trip to Idaho as well.

Best wishes.

Salmonella,

You've posted multiple threads crying about the state that your wife makes you live in.

Do they need to be bumped or can you grow up and stop being a kghunt every time the word "California" comes up?
Originally Posted by Remsen

OP, I can give you the best advice available, as I made the same move a few years ago.

First, your Tesla charging station/man bun outlet will be welcome here. When we were first looking around Montana, we had a Tesla and there is a dearth of charging stations. I ran out of juice around Choteau and the tow truck driver thought it needed repairs. A week later, we had the first Cummins Tesla. The charge was steep, and the repair shop kept calling me "phaggot from phaggotville", so I bet there's also many man bun customers waiting for your services.

Second, stay away from Bozeman or Missoula. They will tar and feather you for leaving the promised land of California. Instead, head to a small ranching community where you will be able to show the local MAGA types that there's more to the world than freedom, liberty and G-d. I assure you, if you put up a Black Lives Matter lawn sign you'll meet all of your new neighbors really quick. Personally, I like Wilsall for this kind of welcome.

Third, and finally, when you buy your spread, don't bother to introduce yourself to the adjoining landowners. Just put up a lot of NO HUNTING/NO TRESPASSING/NO REPUBLICANS signs on the barbed wire fencing you'll put in. If you are lucky enough to buy a place near an operating cattle ranch, you'll have free meat when a cow wanders onto your property. The ranchers here understand that the penalty for livestock trespassing is death and will likely stop by to apologize and offer you money for the cost of the .500 S&W Magnum round you put into the cow.

All GREAT advise. Was wondering if you were open to being my accountant when I make the move?
I don't know of any other "accountants" that live Montana.
As mentioned, I wandered all over the country in 1980. People everywhere were fairly ambivalent about me wherever I went,....except in northwestern Montana.

Those people don't even like tourists passing through. I can just imagine how they'll treat Californians who have arrived to stay.

To be fair, we hate everyone, but especially Californians.

worst place on the planet!

I've killed 2....you?

Best wishes.

Salmonella,

You've posted multiple threads crying about the state that your wife makes you live in.

Do they need to be bumped or can you grow up and stop being a kghunt every time the word "California" comes up?

You and your asskissing budfies take great pride in painting all Californians with the same brush.
We can never be as conservative as you...we bring our liberal politics with us where ever we go...blah...blah...bla.

Stick to the golf course with your gasyass girlie sock, and shorts wearing buddies and Ill hang with my friends.
You'll be golfing....I'll be wolf hunting.
JFC...you don't even fish...
You are one pathetic loser...🤣
Buy a stormy cromer hat, wear a neckerchief, a patagucci vest, and never get mud on your $70, 000 truck and never drive the Truck except in June, July and August and only on asphalt. Have a spare Tesla or hybrid on Stand by when you go into town to virtue signal that your'e saving the planet.

Go on social media and tell all of your friends that you're a real Montana rancher. Head south at the end of August ( leave your squeaky clean truck in a heated garage) and return in June. Pay a local Montanan 8 bucks an hour to watch your place, and feed your your horses, muck your stalls, feed your cats and clean your place. Don't to forget to lecture the locals how racist white people are and that you are down with the struggle of Black folks. Don't forget to say that oil and gas are evil and that Montanans should live on wind and solar during the 8 months of winter ( while owning oil and gas stocks) . Tell the locals that wolves, grizzlies are the natural order and that hunting is a white racist sport.

Enjoy!
Montana is a cool place or at least part of it..My uncle was the superintendent at the hungry horse dam and my cousins husband ran an air boat out of Whitefish.. Spent years there in the summer and loved the baseball in Columbia Falls..Bears/elk lion etc coming onto there property was really cool as a kid..But it is getting like Idaho,to many moving there..Too bad..
Originally Posted by ribka
Buy a stormy cromer hat, wear a neckerchief, and never get mud on your $70, 000 truck and never drive the Truck except in June, July and August and only on asphalt.

I see you have visited Whitefish, and don’t forget the $500 designer boots to go with your designer jeans.
I've been sportin' the silk neckerchief everyday for the last week.

But I imagine the Ted Turner Robert Redfords are in their full glory choking down a gayass buffalo crumpet while donning some western flair.
Its amazing how thin skinned and insecure Kalifornians are. Man- up and grow a pair Sal. No surprise that Montanans, Idahoans, Texans, Coloradans, Wyomins hate even the self described conservative Kalifornians. You're making cuck911 look like a super star now

JFC

I've killed 2....you?

Best wishes.

Salmonella,

You and your asskissing budfies take great pride in painting all Californians with the same brush.
We can never be as conservative as you...we bring our liberal politics with us where ever we go...blah...blah...bla.

Stick to the golf course with your gasyass girlie sock, and shorts wearing buddies and Ill hang with my friends.

But I imagine the Ted Turner Robert Redfords are in their full glory choking down a gayass buffalo crumpet while donning some western flair.

I wore my silk neckerchief sharpie hunting last week in W ND. That phhugin wind!! Looked damn sporty eating my Cenex breakfast burrito and diet Mountain Dew in my neckerchief though

I'm pretty sure (going off memory) that scenar isn't a big fishing nut either.

You gonna cry about that too?

LOL
They are the chit for keeping out the draft!

Love 'em.

And yeah.

Sal, just because people make fun of California doesn't mean they are making fun of you.

I might be movin' to Montana soon
Just to raise me up a crop of dental floss
Raisin' it up
Waxin' it down
In a little white box
That I can sell uptown
By myself I wouldn't have no boss
But I'd be raisin' my lonely dental floss
Raisin' my lonely dental floss

Well I just might grow me some bees
But I'd leave the sweet stuff to somebody else
But then on the other hand I would
Keep the wax
'N melt it down
Pluck some floss
'N swish it aroun'
I'd have me a crop
An' it'd be on top
That's why I'm movin' to Montana

Movin' to Montana soon
Gonna be a dental floss tycoon, yes I am
Movin' to Montana soon
Gonna be a mennil-toss flykune

I'm pluckin' the ol' dennil floss
That's growin' on the prairie
Pluckin' the floss!
I plucked all day an' all nite an' all afternoon
I'm ridin' a small tiny hoss
His name is Mighty Little
He's a good hoss
Even though
He's a bit dinky to strap a big saddle or
Blanket on anyway
Blanket on anyway
Anyway
I'm pluckin' the ol'
Dennil floss
Even if you think it is a little silly, folks
I don't care if you think it's silly, folks

I'm gonna find me a horse just about this big
An' ride him all along the border line
With a pair of heavy-duty
Zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand
Every other wrangler would say
I was mighty grand
Haven't fished or hunted big game in years.

Should go look for my balls.......lol

Just a phuggin poser Sam
Here's a fun one:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9390171/2
For the record, I get it.

But don't pretend things aren't what they are:

Not so easy when you have a wife with 50+ years of friends, a mother, kids, and a grandchild here.

I'd like to see the response that many married 24hcf members would get if the tried to uproot their wives from a lifetime of family & friends, it ain't pretty, but I'm trying... wink

If I were single I'd been gone loooooooonnnnnngggg ago.

I thought you got a killah buck a year or two back?
It's been 3-4 years since I shot a buck deer.

All about that COCK!
In the last 3 years shot maybe 8-9 head of cattle.

Zero bucks.

WTF?!
It's been 3-4 years since I shot a buck deer.

All about that COCK!

Gotta get you some of that COCK.

I've killed 2....you?

Best wishes.

Good luck on your idaho hunt...I'll take a ton of guys like you here in idaho..My youngest cuts wild game on the side and this has been a very good year compared to the last few..You should do well.

Screw them neckerchiefs.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm pretty sure (going off memory) that scenar isn't a big fishing nut either.

You gonna cry about that too?

LOL

That you would even have the balls to compare yourself to Pat is fugkin hilarious...ballsy man...🤣
Why not find a good piece of land up around the bohemian grove? From the vids, there's lots of free firewood and big money who might like a store like that.
😉
Roundoak, c'mon man, yeah okay, 60-70 below windchill I might break out the face mask.

That dude's nose would be froze off.

Hey! Sam didn't freeze down today!

Opa!

Well, where ever you go, be sure to run for a government office as soon as you get there. Base your platform on educating the locals on how government should really work. Like it's done in Marin, or Santa Cruz.
About ready to go to bed though!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Opa!

I joined here 15 years ago thinking that this was "The Hunter's Campfire"....silly me...🤣
Originally Posted by Higginez

Raisin' it up
Waxin' it down
In a little white box
That I can sell uptown

Keep the wax
'N melt it down
Pluck some floss
'N swish it aroun'
I'd have me a crop
An' it'd be on top

Movin' to Montana soon
Movin' to Montana soon

Pluckin' the floss!
He's a good hoss
Even though
Blanket on anyway
Blanket on anyway
Anyway
I'm pluckin' the ol'
Dennil floss

I was mighty grand

That reminds me of a Frank Zappa tape I used to have.
I dont remember if it was 8 track or casset.
That was a riot😄
About ready to go to bed though!

I chased cows and did chores all day on my snowmobile.

Glad the wind never blew like they were talking about.

How was it where you were?
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Opa!

I joined here 15 years ago thinking that this was "The Hunter's Campfire"....silly me...🤣

Are you gonna piss and moan about your life some more?

Or shall we bump some more threads?

LOL
Tesla's are badass if you keep the batteries warm.
In the last 3 years shot maybe 8-9 head of cattle.

Zero bucks.

WTF?!

don't say cattle, say "slow elk"
It was not a dry cold?

We were all whining.
53 by Friday boys.
She's gonna get greasy!

New tires for my old Ford are in order.
She's gonna get greasy!

I puzzed out and put on my studded snows already. The older I get the less fun sliding the mountain gets, plus I don't have to throw chains very often.
Was in Plentywood duck and goose hunting Friday and was -9 first thingthat morning and 6-7" of snow on ground. A lot dryer cold than humid North Carolina. First time in Montana in 20 years. Still beautiful as every......
Roundoak, c'mon man, yeah okay, 60-70 below windchill I might break out the face mask.

That dude's nose would be froze off.

That dude was my Dad, and I am sure he would know enough to pull up that balaclava up over his nose.
She's gonna get greasy!

That fuggin grease, Even 4 low can't help you. On a positive note that despised wind can usually take care of it in a day or so. November will hopefully be like last year,
Originally Posted by fuzzytail
Was in Plentywood duck and goose hunting Friday and was -9 first thingthat morning and 6-7" of snow on ground. A lot dryer cold than humid North Carolina. First time in Montana in 20 years. Still beautiful as every......

I probably drove past you
We stayed at Sherwood motel all week
I loved the Antelope Jail better than anything I saw there. Part of historythat I would not have wanted to stay in......
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I loved the Antelope Jail better than anything I saw there. Part of historythat I would not have wanted to stay in......

cool place My Buddy's son teaches up there in Plentywood. He's complaining no datable young gals up there.
You can believe him 100%.........

We stayed at Sherwood motel all week

The Sherwood!

Stayed there one night and bought my Benelli across the street the next morning.

I forget the name of that place.

cool place My Buddy's son teaches up there in Plentywood. He's complaining no datable young gals up there.

That’s a bit of an understatement.
Bring shovel.

18 below right now, for any outa staters thinking on making a move. Just sayin'.

That’s a bit of an understatement.

LOL.... Bristoe is stuck in 1980 and can't get out to see today's reality..... laugh
Originally Posted by BayouRover

LOL.... Bristoe is stuck in 1980 and can't get out to see today's reality..... laugh

#Ranchin’

Shot my first whitetail buck just a couple of miles from this jail. Kids always liked to go into HI-Line Sports to see their considerable collection of taxidermy. Bought a .260 Stainless Ruger from their Wolf Point outlet. Hate to say it, but not missin NeMt so much this morning. ;-{>8 Guess it still keeps the riff-raff out.
Originally Posted by Higginez

Raisin' it up
Waxin' it down
In a little white box
That I can sell uptown

Keep the wax
'N melt it down
Pluck some floss
'N swish it aroun'
I'd have me a crop
An' it'd be on top

Movin' to Montana soon
Movin' to Montana soon

Pluckin' the floss!
He's a good hoss
Even though
Blanket on anyway
Blanket on anyway
Anyway
I'm pluckin' the ol'
Dennil floss

I was mighty grand

As long as the OP does like the song says, he'll be an over-nite sensation in MT.
Plus, about need a spreadsheet to keep track of the hunting opportunities. Sheesh, hold into the salad.
© 24hourcampfire