Home
Posted By: memtb A Bit Frosty This Morning - 10/26/20

NOAA shows us @-18, our home weather station shows us @ -12. We’ll probably drop another degree or two right after sunrise! I wonder how cool winter will be! grin memtb

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: wabigoon Re: A Bit Frosty This Morning - 10/26/20
The summer is gone.
Wow that's terrible. I thought it was bad here at +18F.
Frost on the pumpkin.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: A Bit Frosty This Morning - 10/26/20
Give me the shivers! Todd, it's 57, way up here in the far northern reaches of Louisiana, and the computer says it's 63 in your old home town. Keep that cold weather up there.
Posted By: memtb Re: A Bit Frosty This Morning - 10/26/20
Yep, A little cooler 🥶 than I like to see.....thankfully, the wind is not blowing! 😁 memtb
Posted By: Terryk Re: A Bit Frosty This Morning - 10/26/20
I hunted here in PA at -12F a couple years ago in flintlock season. That is very rare to be that cold here.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: A Bit Frosty This Morning - 10/26/20
-7f in Jackson, supposed to warm up to 30f w/ sun all week. We hiked in the snow all day Saturday up Signal mountain, wore me out and my hips still ache. It sure was pretty though.

mike r
Posted By: Ralphie Re: A Bit Frosty This Morning - 10/26/20
Originally Posted by memtb
Yep, A little cooler 🥶 than I like to see.....thankfully, the wind is not blowing! 😁 memtb

-7 up the creek from you this morning.
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: A Bit Frosty This Morning - 10/26/20
+3 down the creek.
Posted By: las Re: A Bit Frosty This Morning - 10/26/20
A balmy +30 at my house. A week from now it's supposed to drop to 10 or so.

Rain yesterday morn, slit (raning **it) most of the afternoon.
31 here now.

last night at 11:25 it started raining/sleet and ice.

The grass is crunchy and the wind is about 16 MPH.

Not bad if out of the wind.
Posted By: Whiptail Re: A Bit Frosty This Morning - 10/26/20

I'm planning to elk hunt in unit 45 next week. I'm a little afraid of that kind of weather. I wonder how muddy the roads will be?
Whiptail, You’ll be hunting not far east of me. We’ve hunted that area a couple of times. The forest roads are good, but could be deep in snow. Some two-tracks can get you to nice areas. Those two-tracks, can vary from dust, to deep mud, to thigh deep snow. When you hunt in the fall or early winter in this country.....prepare for any and all conditions! Prepare.....both you and the vehicle! For the vehicle, you may not need them....but, bring chains. Preferably, mud chains for at least one end of the vehicle! For yourself.....figure possible highs in the 50’s, to lows as pictured in my OP! memtb
Originally Posted by memtb
Whiptail, You’ll be hunting not far east of me. We’ve hunted that area a couple of times. The forest roads are good, but could be deep in snow. Some two-tracks can get you to nice areas. Those two-tracks, can vary from dust, to deep mud, to thigh deep snow. When you hunt in the fall or early winter in this country.....prepare for any and all conditions! Prepare.....both you and the vehicle! For the vehicle, you may not need them....but, bring chains. Preferably, mud chains for at least one end of the vehicle! For yourself.....figure possible highs in the 50’s, to lows as pictured in my OP! memtb

memtb, thank you for the information and advice. I've never hunted there before so there's a lot of unknowns. We can't hunt on the National Forest so I'm thinking we'll be at lower elevation. I think we need to catch the migration to have a chance at success. Hunting this time of year can be dicey.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: A Bit Frosty This Morning - 10/26/20
Low 80's here yesterday and mid-50 this morning. Windy today with a high in the low 60's. Around 30 tonight Back into the mid-70's by Thursday.
Whiptail, Our home is at 4200 feet, pretty low, and gets pretty cool. So, be prepared for possible cool temps. We generally hunted up in the forest, and know very little about the two-tracks in the lower country. This much I do know, those roads can be really nasty when wet. In fact, one of the main roads is named Alkali Road.....for good reason. Bring good chains, and a piece of “astro turf” to make putting on/taking off chains more pleasant! wink Good Luck and enjoy our neighborhood! memtb

memtb, I was afraid of the roads being nasty but I'm not sure if they will get better if we wait.

I *think* Alkali road is north of unit 45. We'll be between Ten Sleep and Hyattville but I doubt the roads are any better there...

Thanks! I've always enjoyed my trips to Wyoming. I just hope we don't get stuck!
Kinda cool and winter like this morning. Not normal for this time of year---actually record breaking! Minus 11 degrees and close to a foot of snow.

Hopefully Fall will get a chance this year! Taken from my back yard with steam off of the Yellowstone!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/ur

[url=https://postimg.cc/VrcpzJMh][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: A Bit Frosty This Morning - 10/26/20
Jingle bells------.
Posted By: Redneck Re: A Bit Frosty This Morning - 10/26/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The summer is gone.
Got THAT right... Set a new record cold "high" here yesterday at 27F... Geez... I barely got the snow fence posts in the ground three days ago.. One motorcycle's stored/plugged in. The other will be plugged in before 4 pm today.. I'm done biking for this year... Grrrrrr.
Here in balmy New Mexico - we were +13 at noon. smile
Posted By: g5m Re: A Bit Frosty This Morning - 10/26/20
We were cool at. +58. I've had enough of the minus stuff to last me.
Posted By: Moby1 Re: A Bit Frosty This Morning - 10/26/20
Happy Birthday Mark.
Thanks, Moby.
© 24hourcampfire