Home
Posted By: ISRO Wisco Blowin up? - 10/27/20

Running with the big dogs now, what gives Wisco?

Number 4 in active cases in last week

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_casesinlast7days
Posted By: Milwroad Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/27/20
Yup, getting pretty bad here. Up until this week I did not know anyone who actually contracted it. That has really changed in the last week. My hunting buddy got it this week. So have others I know. Even our quarterback and his backup have it. Part is just more testing but I think it is real. People moving inside in cooler weather, not social distancing, not wearing masks to protect their friends, etc. Fortunately severe cases are low. While I believe in individual rights I think we need to think about others and do what we can to limit the spread. When friends push back for one reason or another I remind them them of London during the blitz. They asked everyone to turn off lights at night or cover windows. People did it for the greater good, they did not say "no, it is a free country and I will do whatever I want." I am not saying that this is similar to the blitz. Thank God it is not but the principle of taking actions voluntarily for the common good should be one we all think about.
Posted By: skeen Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by Milwroad
Yup, getting pretty bad here. Up until this week I did not know anyone who actually contracted it. That has really changed in the last week. My hunting buddy got it this week. So have others I know. Even our quarterback and his backup have it. Part is just more testing but I think it is real. People moving inside in cooler weather, not social distancing, not wearing masks to protect their friends, etc. Fortunately severe cases are low. While I believe in individual rights I think we need to think about others and do what we can to limit the spread. When friends push back for one reason or another I remind them them of London during the blitz. They asked everyone to turn off lights at night or cover windows. People did it for the greater good, they did not say "no, it is a free country and I will do whatever I want." I am not saying that this is similar to the blitz. Thank God it is not but the principle of taking actions voluntarily for the common good should be one we all think about.

Biden has a corner in his basement that you, and your buddy ISRO, can hide out in 'til the dangers of living pass.
Posted By: CowboyTim Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Buddy of mine down the street tested positive today, Saw him last weekend, only a couple minutes. Don't meet the threshold for self quarantine, but I'm monitoring my temp pretty closely.
Posted By: deflave Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Buddy of mine down the street tested positive today, Saw him last weekend, only a couple minutes. Don't meet the threshold for self quarantine, but I'm monitoring my temp pretty closely.

Posted By: Milwroad Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by skeen

Biden has a corner in his basement that you, and your buddy ISRO, can hide out in 'til the dangers of living pass.

I am not a Biden man and if you knew me you would know I never hide, but I also think that a little common concern about how our actions impact others (economists call this an externality) is warranted in this situation and appreciated by many inside and outside these forums.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
I've heard heading to the basement and curling up into a fetal position while sucking your thumb helps....for some reason....
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by deflave

They do make wireless Thermometers now, at least he won't look stupid walking around with a wire coming out of his pants hooked to his smart phone.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by ISRO

Why don't you go there and find out for us, Jimmy Olsen, chkunt (cub) reporter.
Posted By: Hawk_Driver Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
I lost what little bit of concern I had for coronavirus fade after they let the national felon league get on the field and crawl all over each other, with no mask on.

Thank God we are not required to wear them here now, we went about 5 or 6 weeks where we were mandated to wear them. That sucked, cant imagine having to work in one all day, everyday.
Posted By: widrahthaar Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Just sat down to the bar, what’s [bleep] Wild is the same Tuesday crowd that been here maskless all summer and fall. None of us are dead.
Posted By: Hawk_Driver Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Been going to the skeet range almost every week since it started, no mask required, not really doing the social distance thing, not a one of us have gotten sick. I see the same 12-15 guys every weekend. Down here, its a joke.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
I lost what little bit of concern I had for coronavirus fade after they let the national felon league get on the field and crawl all over each other, with no mask on.

That cocaine, bling and whores don't pay for themselves.
Posted By: ribka Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20

prayers sent. sounds super dangerous like the Spanish flu. Please wear your mask sleeping.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Just sat down to the bar, what’s [bleep] Wild is the same Tuesday crowd that been here maskless all summer and fall. None of us are dead.

Its the snus.

I am not a Biden man and if you knew me you would know I never hide, but I also think that a little common concern about how our actions impact others (economists call this an externality) is warranted in this situation and appreciated by many inside and outside these forums.

Are the Packers going to social distance and wear masks the entire season during practice and during season play to saves lives?
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20

Any supposed hunter/gun owner that voted for Biden, I seriously hope catches it and dies. Hopefully with some suffering involved. Go fuqk yourself.
Time to give [bleep] like you NO quarter. You’re the enemy.
Posted By: CowboyTim Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Any supposed hunter/gun owner that voted for Biden, I seriously hope catches it and dies. Hopefully with some suffering involved. Go fuqk yourself.

You forgot, God bless.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20

You forgot, God bless.

Will “choke on a dick” suffice?
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20

God bless you, Skeen. Adieu pukes.
Posted By: b_li_ber_tar_ian Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Wife works for the local health dept, she tested positive yesterday. Me and the kids are quarantined until Nov 18, just in time for hunting season!
Posted By: aalf Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20

But but but I thought the mask mandate for the last two months was supposed to save us from the evil virus......
Posted By: HawkI Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Like the "we need to spend more on education" mantra, "if we just mask up or shut everything down, it will be over with" comes into play.
Posted By: Backroads Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Concerned troll, and Biden voter, is super concerned.

You forgot, God bless.

The anti gun chinese trolls are active tonite.
Originally Posted by ribka

Are the Packers going to social distance and wear masks the entire season during practice and during season play to saves lives?

Sure seems like their defense is distancing a bit too often!
Posted By: Marshhawk Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Tomorrow is my last day of quarantine. I am feeling great. Even went out bowhunting last night and tonight.I am not sure what is going on here in Wisconsin but my Wife.BIL.and Mother and Father in Law have it. I knew one person till about 10 days ago that had it.Now I know a whole bunch more All in Wisconsin.

Bill
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Meh...getting a little crowded anyway
Posted By: Redneck Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20

And I don't believe a word of it.. Those numbers are being skewed by this leftist governor so as to allow him to add another month or two to his 'emergency actions'..... Keep in mind they built a temporary 'field hospital' at the state's State Fairgrounds with a ton of beds and staff... As of yesterday, there was ONE - repeat, ONE person there and she was to be released tomorrow....

There've been credible reports of med staff sending in new, unused swabs for covid testing and all came back positive... Each new case = X # of $ for the hosptial, so there's incredible pressure to keep those positive tests comin' in....

Eff Evers - now and forever..
Posted By: KFWA Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
3 Counties in Ohio are supposed to go "purple" tomorrow - meaning the number of cases are so high it requires a mandatory shutdown

yet the number of hospitalizations, deaths, and associated casualties is about 20% of what it was in March

I think if DeWine starts mandatory shutdown people are going to revolt and just ignore him, and even the police aren't going to enforce any actions on his part.

Unless hospitalizations start maxing out, then STFU, get off the TV and let people live their lives.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20

Propaganda, designed to try and convince the voters that Orange Man is killing them.

Ignore it, it’s fake.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
You can get hydroxychloroquine pretty cheap. Why not do it if you are worried.
Is the curve flat yet?

LOL
Posted By: trplem Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
A few less mouths to feed are a few less mouths to feed. As long as the good cheese curds and Central Water's Bourbon Barrel Stout are readily available IDGF.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
After the election, COVID will fade away.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by deflave
Is the curve flat yet?

LOL

Thought gook ass was always flat
ISRO and Tim are scared to fugking death.

LOL
Posted By: hatari Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Viruses do what viruses do,

Spreads from 2 to 25 to 800 to 80,000 and beyond.

Shutdown does what? Slows the transmission? The virus is still waiting for you when you emerge from the basement in a month. It is not going away. In fact, it will stay endemic and likely become a seasonal thing....like the...... wait for it.....flu!

So unless ALL the hospitals are full with COVID cases only, what is the purpose of another shutdown? You gonna shutdown until 2022? 2023?
It will take that long to develop and distribute and administer 300 million doses of the vaccine in this country alone. Meanwhile, the virus will keep doing its thing.

I thought the mask was the answer? Plenty of people are faithful with this mask thing, yet numbers keep going up. Why is that, mask people?Certainly in this state many more people wear the mask in public than don't. Many more. Thought this was the answer? Thought Social Distancing was the answer?

There are only 2 answers: 1.) an effective vaccine or 2.) Herd Immunity

Since #1 isn't available at this point, Mother Nature is making #2 happen. Mother Nature is defeating your social distance, your masks, and your shutdowns. As is typical for these respiratory Pandemics, the numbers grow until they seem to shoot into the stratosphere, and then plummet. We are in that logarithmic growth phase right now that is typical. I'll guess we will see cases skyrocket right through the first of the year, maybe until Spring before the curve breaks and plummets. That is, unless everyone hides in the basement. Then it will slow while they are in the basement, then Mother Nature takes over and the virus grabs people and once again the numbers jump.

Anybody think this start and stop stuff is the answer?

It's a virus. It does what viruses do. Once out of Wuhan, you weren't going to stop it. You have 2 solutions, and #1 ain't here yet and no guarantee it will be here soon enough.
Posted By: sse Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
of course...much of what they said, before they changed their totalitarian minds, is turning out to be true. Further waves, can't stop it, masks do nothing. Virtually total mask compliance and still the rise in cases.

let it run it's course sooner than later
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20

I think you need to go see him and cheer him up.the worse that can happen is that you will get it.
Vaccines do bupkis for viruses... They only mitigate the symptoms of virus infections- they don't cure squat otherwise..

And these BS numbers always seem to be highest JUST before the little despot's 'emergency order' is about to expire (this Nov. 6th) - so he can use these BS numbers to justify further the limiting of citizens' rights by adding another (at least) month of BS mask and business-limiting factors..

Eff Evers...

So far, the WI. Tavern League has succeeded in quelling much of his BS orders... But they better keep at it..
Posted By: efw Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by sse
of course...much of what they said, before they changed their totalitarian minds, is turning out to be true. Further waves, can't stop it, masks do nothing. Virtually total mask compliance and still the rise in cases.

let it run it's course sooner than later

No no no this all means that MORE measures and MORE DRACONIAN repercussions for non-compliance must be mandated!

Seems the only “logical” step for “those who care” about anything other than kidnapping the governess.

Sorry to hear that Tim I hope that you/they do well.

My buddy’s wife got a positive test but is feeling fine. He and his son were with me last weekend deer scouting and they’re being tested. If they get positives that’ll put me in self-quarantine for 14 days.

Neither of them are feeling anything except bored to tears.

I have no idea how we’re gonna put the toothpaste back in the tube on this one. The path set seems utterly insane and wholly untenable.

Vote Trump.
Posted By: troublesome82 Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
What a stupid thread, phuque Evers and all the whiners in cheeseheadville. It is exhausting and embarrassing that so many can be swayed by lying, power hungry faces on a TV screen! Absolutely boggles the mind. I have a sister who works at Gunderson. Her tidbits would be damaging if local media got wind of it. It is all one big ploy to oust a sitting POTUS.
Originally Posted by troublesome82
What a stupid thread, phuque Evers and all the whiners in cheeseheadville. It is exhausting and embarrassing that so many can be swayed by lying, power hungry faces on a TV screen! Absolutely boggles the mind. I have a sister who works at Gunderson. Her tidbits would be damaging if local media got wind of it. It is all one big ploy to oust a sitting POTUS.

Let’s hope it fades away after next Tuesday night!

Which reminds me... I’m betting this backfires. Many Biden supporters are too scared to get out and vote, while Trump supporters ain’t skeered.

I know mail-in was to help with this but I’m not sure it has.

Keeping fingers crossed the fraud isn’t sufficient to beat back the landslide.

stay strong brave Timmy!

.Prayers sent
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
I have great idea, let’s lock everything down for a month, it worked fuggin awesome last time.
Posted By: Windfall Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Some of you are so woefully uninformed it boggles the mind. Who says that it has to be an all or nothing shut down, but it is all you independent thinkers out there going your own way ignoring any semblance of science that WILL cause a complete shut down because you can't be bothered to wear a damn spit shield. North Dakota is the least mask wearing state in the country and surprise, it is leading the nation in cases per 1,000 residents. Skeen, you being a Kansas resident of all people should have seen this in your own state. Your Democratic governor made a state wide mask mandate in early July, but your Republican legislature came out a week later and said that people didn't need to follow it. Then 22 Kansas counties passed their own county wide mask mandate. Fast forward to the end of July and after and the mask mandated counties have had HALF the reported Covid-19 cases per capita.

I'm not hiding in my basement, but I'm smart enough to be picking up my groceries delivered to my car or going through a drive through instead of going inside interacting with other people. Like a lot of you, just being retirement age puts our generation at risk to say nothing of many of us having some pre-existing condition. Drinking here seems to be a real necessity and draping ones self over a bar stool somehow has given the tavern league the power to override good sense legislation. Herd mentality you say? That didn't work for Sweden very well did it? That makes about as much sense as Spain hosing down their streets with holy water early on.

We have 16% of our remaining hospital bed space available largely because so many of the Covid cases are hospitalized for so long. Granted, some people don't get Covid-19 as badly as others, but why risk getting it at all? 10% of the people that do get a bad case of it are now known as long haulers which means that they have life long respiratory, circulatory or cognitive issues. If staying the hell away from other people helps keep you safe, why wouldn't you? Are you getting your medical advise from a medical professional, a politician or the Campfire?
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by Windfall
Some of you are so woefully uninformed it boggles the mind. Who says that it has to be an all or nothing shut down, but it is all you independent thinkers out there going your own way ignoring any semblance of science that WILL cause a complete shut down because you can't be bothered to wear a damn spit shield. North Dakota is the least mask wearing state in the country and surprise, it is leading the nation in cases per 1,000 residents. Skeen, you being a Kansas resident of all people should have seen this in your own state. Your Democratic governor made a state wide mask mandate in early July, but your Republican legislature came out a week later and said that people didn't need to follow it. Then 22 Kansas counties passed their own county wide mask mandate. Fast forward to the end of July and after and the mask mandated counties have had HALF the reported Covid-19 cases per capita.

I'm not hiding in my basement, but I'm smart enough to be picking up my groceries delivered to my car or going through a drive through instead of going inside interacting with other people. Like a lot of you, just being retirement age puts our generation at risk to say nothing of many of us having some pre-existing condition. Drinking here seems to be a real necessity and draping ones self over a bar stool somehow has given the tavern league the power to override good sense legislation. Herd mentality you say? That didn't work for Sweden very well did it? That makes about as much sense as Spain hosing down their streets with holy water early on.

We have 16% of our remaining hospital bed space available largely because so many of the Covid cases are hospitalized for so long. Granted, some people don't get Covid-19 as badly as others, but why risk getting it at all? 10% of the people that do get a bad case of it are now known as long haulers which means that they have life long respiratory, circulatory or cognitive issues. If staying the hell away from other people helps keep you safe, why wouldn't you? Are you getting your medical advise from a medical professional, a politician or the Campfire?

The surge in the middle of the country doesn’t have anything to do with mask wearing. We mostly escaped the first wave, now schools in session and we are getting our first wave. This bug is going to run through our population sooner or later until we immunity or a vaccine. It’s math not masks. I wore a mask, it didn’t work.

Posted By: jaguartx Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Ever body gonna die isro, just like in Uganda where 45 out of 45 million diedof it because Hydroxychloroquine is available OTC to treat, prevent malaria.

Go suck you some Joe. Adios, Mo Fo.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
If staying the hell away from other people helps keep you safe, why wouldn't you? Are you getting your medical advise from a medical professional, a politician or the Campfire?

You're going to do this^^^ for the rest of your life?
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Every battleground state where Trump is campaigning hard needs to look like a covid disaster. It's the Dem campaign strategy.

It's all horseshit.
Cheer up, the whole covid pandemic will rapidly draw down in about a week.

And once again today about 8,000 Americans died of non Covid related deaths like every day

Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

The surge in the middle of the country doesn’t have anything to do with mask wearing. We mostly escaped the first wave, now schools in session and we are getting our first wave. This bug is going to run through our population sooner or later until we immunity or a vaccine. It’s math not masks. I wore a mask, it didn’t work.

Are we supposed to wear masks now? Faucci and the experts at the CDC have changed their minds so many times I forgot.

Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
More voter suppression tactics.
Posted By: las Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20

"And once again today about 8,000 Americans died of non Covid related deaths like every day"

Only brcause "they" couldn't put the Covid sticker on the deaths. Slackers.
Posted By: sse Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20

simple minded
Posted By: irfubar Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20

Another covetard exposes himself.... hahahhahahahaha
Posted By: tzone Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by Redneck

So far, the WI. Tavern League has succeeded in quelling much of his BS orders... But they better keep at it..

Leave it to WI taverns to quell the Bull Schit. LMAO. grin grin
Arguing covid protocols or the ultimate impact of covid is a losing proposition. There are many good points made by people on both sides of any covid debate. Yes some of it is political, yes some of it is science, yes the likely death rate is small, yes it is highly contagious, etc. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. One thing I learned hanging with Marines for 25 years (from Guadalcanal vets to Fallujah vets) is that being tough is not about talking tough or acting tough or even braving death. Tough means doing what you have to look out for the guy on your left and the guy on your right. So when someone talks to me about covid precautions that is where my thougths go. I take precautions to protect those around me recognizing full well that the mask does not protect me and knowing full well that I am healthy and probably not at serious risk. That is why I think voluntarily agreeing to covid protocols is a good, sensible idea. If it helps shorten the pandemic all the better, but I really do not know if it will do that or not. .
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Arguing covid protocols or the ultimate impact of covid is a losing proposition. There are many good points made by people on both sides of any covid debate. Yes some of it is political, yes some of it is science, yes the likely death rate is small, yes it is highly contagious, etc. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. One thing I learned hanging with Marines for 25 years (from Guadalcanal vets to Fallujah vets) is that being tough is not about talking tough or acting tough or even braving death. Tough means doing what you have to look out for the guy on your left and guy on your right. So when someone talks to me about covid precautions that is where my thougths go. I take precautions to protect those around me recognizing full well that the mask does not protect me and knowing full well that I am healthy and probably not at serious risk. That is why I think voluntarily agreeing to covid protocols is a good, sensible idea. If it helps shorten the pandemic all the better, but I really do not know if it will do that or not. .

I am actively seeking out the Coronavirus. I prefer to get it now (and believe I might actually have it as I type) before winter gets here and I'm also fighting other flus and other illnesses. I also am in excellent physical condition now and might have deteriorated condition to my health later.

Bottomline I prefer to get it and get it overwith. There will not be a practical vaccine for a decade. And my health 10 years from now will be less than it is today. The likelihood of a reinfection is extremely low regardless of what the media tries to make you think and if indeed I do have the coronavirus as I type... it is virtually nothing.

A temperature of 5 or 6 days between 100 and 102.5. Sour throat, some GI drama and some very minor respiratory. But on a scale of 1 to 10... 10 being the worst flu I've ever had... at most this is a 2.

You and your Marine buddies are welcome to hide from anything you like. You are also welcome to confront the enemy face-to-face. Coronavirus is not going away and you will be hiding for an extremely long time. Choose any path you choose to pursue and best of luck to you. That is a sincere statement.
If staying the hell away from other people helps keep you safe, why wouldn't you? Are you getting your medical advise from a medical professional, a politician or the Campfire?

How about we let the Campfire help you out?

A little more information might help you with some of the mystery. Are you talking individually, or collectively? Individually, I'd advise you to avoid others as an individual. The collective effect of masks and lockdowns is another story. It would appear they do very little for greater population. It just kicks the can down the road praying for a vaccine to someday save them. Someday.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...911/did-sweden-get-it-right#Post15354911
Originally Posted by sse

simple minded
If he wants to spend his life hiding from society because he's believing all this BS from the MSM and this leftist control-freak Evers, he has the freedom to do so.. But in all honesty I actually feel sorry for him and anyone who is so afraid of perceived danger that they literally live the rest of their lives in fear, in hiding and in anti-societal behavior. over 99% of new cases are people who show little-to-no symptoms.. A tiny percentage get truly sick and an even smaller percentage end up on hospitals - usually related to and coupled to other issues..

I for one value freedom - as do (I would bet) the vast majority of others here..
Why don't we use the Campfire to find a report and an interview made within the past month with the head doc and epidemiologist for Sweden? BBC asked him why GB had 53,000 cases in a recent 2 week period when Sweden only had about 3400?

"The main reason is that the UK had a very strict lockdown and then open up."

- Anders Tegnell, Sweden's Chief Epidemiologist

Go ahead, view it. It won't hurt you. Learn from someone with plenty of training and education. Swedish public servants tend to work for the public good and not the Party good. Swedes trust him. Do you trust Dr. Fauci as much? (Based on my recent survey here, hell no!)

[video:youtube]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...911/did-Sweden-get-it-right#Post15354911[/video]
If you listen to Dr. Tegnell carefully, you will understand that a "second wave" is a result of lock down and reopening. A rebound effect. It is natural for a increase spike to occur after a lockdown.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
No one-hold on NO ONE wants to or will discuss or mention the elephant in the room re: the United States.

We have way too many with self induced health deficiencies.

It is what it is[Just as Trump said], and it allows a virus like COVID to do things it wouldn't normally be capable of.
Posted By: ISRO Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Looks like Wisco is running number three today in confirmed cases, kicking Minnesota's hinder. I wonder what the difference is?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Looks like Wisco is running number three today in confirmed cases, kicking Minnesota's hinder. I wonder what the difference is?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Originally Posted by hatari
If you listen to Dr. Tegnell carefully, you will understand that a "second wave" is a result of lock down and reopening. A rebound effect. It is natural for a increase spike to occur after a lockdown.

Answer has already been provided, tho not the one you wanted.

Sorry... it’s science.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/28/20
Covid must thrive in dairy.

Im lactose intolerant.

Allergic to liberals too

Been social distancing, way before it became cool.
Originally Posted by Raeford
No one-hold on NO ONE wants to or will discuss or mention the elephant in the room re: the United States.

We have way too many with self induced health deficiencies.

It is what it is[Just as Trump said], and it allows a virus like COVID to do things it wouldn't normally be capable of.

As a population, the U.S. is extremely unhealthy. Mostly obesity/sedentary related. That chicken has come home to roost with covid.
Posted By: slowmover12 Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/29/20
I think the terminology is wrong. A positive test is just that, a positive test. A case should be defined as someone who has actual symptoms requiring some sort of treatment.

We should not be worried about increased numbers of positive tests, if you’re in a risk group, take extra precautions.

This is more politics than science. Yes, some get deathly sick and die but there is no reason to live in fear or to shut the entire country down. Georgia is doing pretty good since reopening in May. Wash your hands, social distance, don’t group up with strangers you don’t know. The vast majority of people will be fine. If you have serious health issues, hibernate to your heart’s content. My family is living our lives and going about our business. You’ll be much happier if you do the same.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/29/20
Originally Posted by slowmover12
I think the terminology is wrong. A positive test is just that, a positive test. A case should be defined as someone who has actual symptoms requiring some sort of treatment.

We should not be worried about increased numbers of positive tests, if you’re in a risk group, take extra precautions.

This is more politics than science. Yes, some get deathly sick and die but there is no reason to live in fear or to shut the entire country down. Georgia is doing pretty good since reopening in May. Wash your hands, social distance, don’t group up with strangers you don’t know. The vast majority of people will be fine. If you have serious health issues, hibernate to your heart’s content. My family is living our lives and going about our business. You’ll be much happier if you do the same.
Excellent post, and spot on.. Kudos.
Posted By: efw Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/29/20

Yep my hunting partner’s wife got a positive test on Sunday and they’ve been quarantined since. He, his son, and the grad student who lives with them will get test results today. He told me this yesterday of their health as a group, “ For you questions about our health, we’re doing fine. None of us have any meaningful symptoms at all and if we’d never heard of Covid or been tested, wouldn’t even be aware of having anything.”

How do you call his wife (and if they get positive tests, the other three) “cases”... unless you’re trying to make a case for a preconceived narrative...
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/29/20
#SuperSpreaderinPhilly
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/29/20
Originally Posted by Redneck

Excellent post, and spot on.. Kudos.

In a logical environment, yes. Things should get more logical soon
Posted By: deflave Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/29/20
Arguing covid protocols or the ultimate impact of covid is a losing proposition. There are many good points made by people on both sides of any covid debate. Yes some of it is political, yes some of it is science, yes the likely death rate is small, yes it is highly contagious, etc. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. One thing I learned hanging with Marines for 25 years (from Guadalcanal vets to Fallujah vets) is that being tough is not about talking tough or acting tough or even braving death. Tough means doing what you have to look out for the guy on your left and the guy on your right. So when someone talks to me about covid precautions that is where my thougths go. I take precautions to protect those around me recognizing full well that the mask does not protect me and knowing full well that I am healthy and probably not at serious risk. That is why I think voluntarily agreeing to covid protocols is a good, sensible idea. If it helps shorten the pandemic all the better, but I really do not know if it will do that or not. .

LOL
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/29/20
Originally Posted by efw

Yep my hunting partner’s wife got a positive test on Sunday and they’ve been quarantined since. He, his son, and the grad student who lives with them will get test results today. He told me this yesterday of their health as a group, “ For you questions about our health, we’re doing fine. None of us have any meaningful symptoms at all and if we’d never heard of Covid or been tested, wouldn’t even be aware of having anything.”

How do you call his wife (and if they get positive tests, the other three) “cases”... unless you’re trying to make a case for a preconceived narrative...

I have been running most of the Covid symptoms myself for the past 8 or so days. Feeling much better this morning and have no intention of getting tested... not worth the money or wasting my time trying to chase down some Clinic somewhere.

If what I have had is the Rona... it is a complete and total joke... like the type of cold that nine out of 10 of us would have gone to work with our entire lives.

Who knows who cares I quit paying attention to the hysteria a long time ago.

Media puppets are worse than NFL puppets.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/29/20
Would it be wrong of me to say I LIKE the Covid Karens?

I look at this way - the lockdowns don't affect me much, if at all. I still go hunting, shooting and to parties. No mask.
The best part is the lockdowns allow my family & I to work from home. I really like that. We even pulled our daughter out of public woke school and the saps are like "oh, we understand your fear". laugh

And it's doing terrible things to the bottom lines of the pro sports leagues that hate us.

I feel kinda dirty now. laugh
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/29/20
Destroying Hollywood too. Best part.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/29/20
Been going to the skeet range almost every week since it started, no mask required, not really doing the social distance thing, not a one of us have gotten sick. I see the same 12-15 guys every weekend. Down here, its a joke.

i was in a local hospital for a couple of days this week. there are about 200covids that didn't make it out of there.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/29/20
Hopefully all the mask wearing pussies that I see around town won't all vote for Biden. The China flu isn't going away and if you want to wear a mask and hide in your house DO IT. This is just more pussifacation of the US of A and it's people.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/29/20
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

i was in a local hospital for a couple of days this week. there are about 200covids that didn't make it out of there.

Are they hiding in the basement?
Only thing that gonna "blow up" is the COCK in front of ISRO's face.

LOL
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/29/20

Holy Smoke... that almost like Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined.

Glad you are OK.

Posted By: ribka Re: Wisco Blowin up? - 10/29/20

lol
© 24hourcampfire