Home

X

Walmart removes guns, ammunition on display at U.S. stores

NATIONAL & WORLD NEWS
| 34 minutes ago
By The Associated Press
NEW YORK — Walmart says it has removed ammunition and firearms from displays at its U.S. stores, citing “civil unrest” in some areas.

The nation’s largest retailer, based in Bentonville, Arkansas, sells firearms in about half of its 4,700 stores.

“We have seen some isolated civil unrest and as we have done on several occasions over the last few years, we have moved our firearms and ammunition off the sales floor as a precaution for the safety of our associates and customers,” Walmart said in a statement emailed to The Associated Press on Thursday.

The discounter said the items remain available for purchase by customers.

The move comes after several days of protests, widespread vandalism and an overnight curfew in Philadelphia before Election Day after police fatally shot a Black man with a history of mental health problems.

Walmart made a similar move in the wake of the death of George Floyd that set off sometimes-violent demonstrations against police brutality and injustice against African Americans.

Last year, Walmart stopped selling handgun and short-barrel rifle ammunition while requesting that customers not openly carry firearms in its stores, even where state laws allow it. The company also ended the sale of handguns in Alaska, the only state where the discounter sold them.
How WalMart still has their FFL is a mystery to me.

Just for information, Wal-Mart may require you to wear a mask, but you can still wear your pajamas and leave your bra and teeth at home.
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Just for information, Wal-Mart may require you to wear a mask, but you can still wear your pajamas and leave your bra and teeth at home.

Ain't that the friggin truth
The news has said that Walmart has removed them to avoid them being stolen in civil unrest after the election.
What's short barrel rifle ammunition?
Originally Posted by 5sdad

You can let your pants full to your knees too.
Sounds racist to me, thinking certain folks might decide to break laws and want to steal dangerous items from them
Walmart ....look for falling IQs.

Hell even in my chithole burg we have one.
And we had a shooting.
Groids of course
With the loss of sales from gun owners due to the removal of firearms and ammunition from the shelves the Walmart marketing group is currently working with Chinese suppliers to attract new shooters to their stores to pump up the sales. Reportedly the group is working hard erecting a new shooter campaign that includes a try before you buy with deposits accepted on the spot.

Did they let the insurance expire?
Why would the care what gets stolen?
When folks get kilt after the election, they dont want that blood on their hands.
How dey gettin repratins if they lockted up?
bought my colt AR and sw 629 at walmart back in the 90's
Is there anyone who doesnt already have a gun?
Walmart doesn’t have anything on the shelves as it is.
Walmart thinks it knows best for America. Billionaires peddling Chinese crap mostly. “We don’t want Americans to have guns and ammo right now”. We are Pro BLM/Communism” please shop there as little as possible or better NONE at all.
I was just in my local walmart here in North TX and all the guns and ammo were removed from the displays. I also noticed a few weeks ago that they had put gates up right as you walk into the store.
I dont shop walmart. Why pay for libby commercials and super pacs. Shop local. Pay more but clear conscience. Walmart sells junk anyway.
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Walmart thinks it knows best for America. Billionaires peddling Chinese crap mostly. “We don’t want Americans to have guns and ammo right now”. We are Pro BLM/Communism” please shop there as little as possible or better NONE at all.

Does your LGS not want people to own cars because they don't sell them? Are the two even remotely related?

It could be said that Walmart doesn't want people to have quality consumer goods. Or personal hygiene standards. Or self-esteem.
I think some of you missed the line about those items still being available for sale to customers. I would guess that you simply have to ask (assuming you can find a clerk.) As surmised, this action is due to the threat of mobs coming in to steal them during riots.

Looking at how stores are being looted at the drop of a hat, it does not seem to be an unreasonable precaution.
Check the work boot section. They are hiding the handguns and ammo in the boots.

Safest and most secure spot when the looting starts.
Latest on this from Walmart Corporate Headquarters is that they are removing guns and ammo from the floor in anticipation of riots and looting after the elections if Trump wins. In other words, they don't want the looters/rioters to be able to smash and grab the guns and ammo.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I think some of you missed the line about those items still being available for sale to customers. I would guess that you simply have to ask (assuming you can find a clerk.) As surmised, this action is due to the threat of mobs coming in to steal them during riots.

Looking at how stores are being looted at the drop of a hat, it does not seem to be an unreasonable precaution.

I asked, and was told that all guns and ammo were locked in secure storage, and would not be for sale until after the election.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Latest on this from Walmart Corporate Headquarters is that they are removing guns and ammo from the floor in anticipation of riots and looting after the elections if Trump wins.

yeah.

They said they will put them back and continue selling guns and ammo...

I'll not buy from them though. Anyone that blows over with the political wind, doesn't get my $$. WalMart has done it time after time.
They've just reversed that decision, based on the fact that the riots have considerably slowed and were localized to specific cities. (My opinion: They may have to reverse the reversal if there are widespread disturbances after the election.)
My good Rockinbar, would you not take extra pains to secure your guns and valuables if there were a rash of home burglaries in your city? Would that not be prudent and apolitical? That's all this is.

WalMart may not be to everyone's liking, but this decision is business-based - and entirely reasonable.
Another note. Just because a Walmart employee tells you something, does not make it so. Gossip is a universal skill, in case you have lived all this time and hadn’t noticed.
My good Rockinbar, would you not take extra pains to secure your guns and valuables if there were a rash of home burglaries in your city? Would that not be prudent and apolitical? That's all this is.

WalMart may not be to everyone's liking, but this decision is business-based - and entirely reasonable.

Perhaps they ought to secure their entire store?

I damn sure would.
Far more concerning is the fact that Walmart gave 100 million to BLM.

They also actively support the f a g g o t agenda, to the point that some have been transferred to different stores and demoted simply for not actively showing support for the agenda.
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Check the work boot section. They are hiding the handguns and ammo in the boots.

not when there are Mexicans around....first thing they love to swipe...then the black spray paint for 'tagging' every where.....
24 hours later, Wally World publicly announced they were reversing that stance...

and putting firearms back on the shelves along with ammo...( not hand gun ammo)

because guys like me, and plenty more were calling in and complaining about it

I criticized them for supporting crime, denying the public access for items to be able to defend their families, homes and possessions...Customer service gal said they had fielded a lot of those types of calls from ALL over the country in just 24 hours...enough to send a message...
They've just reversed that decision, based on the fact that the riots have considerably slowed and were localized to specific cities. (My opinion: They may have to reverse the reversal if there are widespread disturbances after the election.)

Saw that in the news earlier this morning. Someone realized they effed up.
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf

They also actively support the f a g g o t agenda, to the point that some have been transferred to different stores and demoted simply for not actively showing support for the agenda.

This!

Like said, it is BUSINESS. THEY WANT all those EBT card holders to keep coming. Sucking on the government tit at a corporate level

Yep. Fugg Walmart 😡
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Latest on this from Walmart Corporate Headquarters is that they are removing guns and ammo from the floor in anticipation of riots and looting after the elections if Trump wins.

yeah.

They said they will put them back and continue selling guns and ammo...

I'll not buy from them though. Anyone that blows over with the political wind, doesn't get my $$. WalMart has done it time after time.

Yep. They were one of the first big retailers to pull handguns from their shelves. Fugg em!!! 😡
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

not when there are Mexicans around....first thing they love to swipe...then the black spray paint for 'tagging' every where.....

I guess there isn't a safe place in Walmart I guess...lol alot of messicans around here
My northern michigan wm didn't have any firearms in the cases. They must not have gotten the word.
Originally Posted by Szumi
My northern michigan wm didn't have any firearms in the cases. They must not have gotten the word.

Michigan would probably be one they fear to “pop off”.
Originally Posted by g5m
The news has said that Walmart has removed them to avoid them being stolen in civil unrest after the election.

Yes, just a safety measure against the coming anarchists whole will be looting Wal-Mart after the election!
I laughed when I first read the title of this thread. I thought, not in rural Ky.

Huh! on my 2 or 3 week span of trips to town, I was in WM yesterday. To my surprise, the gun and ammo section was empty.

I asked. Y'all got the windows boarded up in case of a riot?

They said; we were told to put them up, & that's what we did.

Yes that store is fuggin goofy. And I use them at my leisure. But no way in hell I'd ever depend on them. As,

Wal Mart is undependable, & cannot be counted on.
I noticed the gun display in the Bedford Wal-mart was empty a few weeks ago.
I asked one of the associates why, and they told me that they were “in storage”, because the alarm in the display case wasn’t working.
I haven’t checked any others, but regardless, Wal-mart can piss up a rope when I need guns or ammo.
I go there only for the things I Need day to day that are cheaper there than anywhere else.
Stuff like motor oil, two stroke fuel and other household items.
Yes, I cruise through the sporting goods department, just to make sure there’s nothing there I can’t live without. blush
But if I need guns or ammo or such, I’m more than happy spending a few extra bucks to support my local LGSs.
7mm
Hell with walmart; I haven’t stepped foot in there since Sam drove a ‘79 Ford.
Fugg walmart for guns and ammo.
The brickseek clearance guns been getting less desirable each yr.
And then they are not carried anymore.

Rem rifle
Rem shotguns
Basically this year.

Only thing that held any possible interest for me brickseek this year were the wood stock savage axis .308,s as a project gun.

Said fugg that....
Look for a post 64 win 94 .32 spl maybe and make a eastern carbine outta it.
Or just take a break from project guns till after turkey season in may.
Instead of starting one in jan after deer season....

Armslist and mom and pop gun shops are full of this years wally world brick seek guns...
At full blown retail price. ...
The one here had it all back out this morning and a line about 8 deep waiting on 4473s
Originally Posted by renegade50
Fugg walmart for guns and ammo.
The brickseek clearance guns been getting less desirable each yr.
And then they are not carried anymore.

Rem rifle
Rem shotguns
Basically this year.

Only thing that held any possible interest for me brickseek this year were the wood stock savage axis .308,s as a project gun.

Said fugg that....
Look for a post 64 win 94 .32 spl maybe and make a eastern carbine outta it.
Or just take a break from project guns till after turkey season in may.
Instead of starting one in jan after deer season....

Armslist and mom and pop gun shops are full of this years wally world brick seek guns...
At full blown retail price. ...

You finally see the light , Padawan .
Another note. Just because a Walmart employee tells you something, does not make it so. Gossip is a universal skill, in case you have lived all this time and hadn’t noticed.

Word.....
Always ask for a manager.
Dept manager jerking your chain.
Then ask for store manager.
And calls to Corparate they dont like either.

They got some sneaky azz lazy clerks.
Thats been proven many times during brickseek gun buying season.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Hell with walmart; I haven’t stepped foot in there since Sam drove a ‘79 Ford.

Dang........ Has it been that long since Wally World dumped those cheap Weatherby's on the market for cheap prices? And the cheap scopes to complete the package?

My how time flies.
I was in Williston's Walmart tonight. They had guns and some ammunition out.
There are enough people open carrying at my WM that if some rioters tried to raid the place it would be open range day.
I was at our local WM yesterday. Not much for ammo on the shelves but there were plenty of firearms. I asked the guy in sporting goods if they had been told to lock them up and he said yes but then they came back and said to put them back out.

I really don't see any rioting or looting going on where I live no matter what happens tomorrow and I'm sure that's the reason they were put back out.
I love these threads, they're so funny. Guys bellyaching about Walmart having no guns and ammo, next paragraph they're saying they never go in the place. People are funny. laugh

© 24hourcampfire