Home
Posted By: deflave Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
We did as we always would and I was pleasantly surprised by the number of people that did same.

No mask wearing, no nonsense. Just going door to door and getting candy.

Was it similar in your area?
Posted By: Slavek Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
It is truly disappointing so many people celebrate this stupid pagan holiday.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
i went to someones house about 5 to pick up something and the whole neighborhood was outside in their driveways with firepits going and drinking. looked like a hell of a good time. the only day a year that i miss living in a neighborhood.
Posted By: deflave Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Originally Posted by Slavek

I'm referring to America.

Not the soviet bloc schit hole you live in.

LOL
Originally Posted by rem141r
i went to someones house about 5 to pick up something and the whole neighborhood was outside in their driveways with firepits going and drinking. looked like a hell of a good time. the only day a year that i miss living in a neighborhood.

Nice.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
I passed thru our small town last eve.

Kids and parents everywhere!

No non-costume masks.

One church was set up for the trunk or treat.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Went to the MIL's house since she lives in town. Turnout was down from last year but there were still a fair number of kids. I only remember seeing one mask. The kids were happy and we received more than one heartfelt 'Thank You' from the parents.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
The kids candy bags have never been so full.

They even got a can of Shasta Cola each!

The cops were driving around handing out candy as well.

I am sure the local Covid Snitch Squad was having a stroke!
All good to hear.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
We had more than normal and loaded them up heavily. Probably responsible for several cases of diabetes.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
More than last year
Posted By: Sponxx Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
We went with the kids and there were plenty of people around. I think maybe less than previous years, but it may have been the time of the day/night. Still plenty of people out.
Noone every comes to our house, as we are the last townhouse on a cul-de-sac and apparently the 100yds walk from the street is too much to get to our door.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
We had several dozen trick or treaters, about the same as last year.
Posted By: RHutch Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Our neighborhood was crazy last night. Kids and parents everywhere, we had a block party. Was shooting candy with my air cannon...kids trying to catch it. Was a good time.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Here in California Suburbia, there was almost none. eleven kids, and they were all older.

I took my twelve year old and her girlfriend out (her father died in a motorcycle accident a couple of years ago) and my nine year old. About twenty percent of the houses had lights one, but there were almost no kids out.

There were about three house parties.

Everyone we did meet were friendly. The Hispanic families from the other end of town did not show up.

Somber in California.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Our last TT'er was over 20 years ago. They were the kids from next door who now are taking their own kids out. 'Next door' here is a relative term.
Posted By: Squidge Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Same as always, 10 years and not a single trick or treater ever but that's what happens when you live in the sticks.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20

Guessing probably about 1/3 less trick-or-treaters this year than what we normally have. I started handing out treats by the hand full the last hour or so trying to get rid of as much as I could but still have a bunch left over. Some kids and parents wore covid face-masks, some didn't, maybe 50/50. Our official time for trick-or treating was 3pm till 6pm but still got a few on up to 6:30pm.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Not very many here but I had a mask and gloves on.
Posted By: Badgerloader Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
We had two kids looking for a handout. Fortunately, we bought candy that we like.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
Not very many here but I had a mask and gloves on. How do you like that schit hole? I mean Deflave. Be Well, RZ.

You didn’t hand out a quarter wrapped in a bible verse did you?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Zero trick-or-treaters here, Trav. Too much water standing down by the street, sidewalks, swale.

They would have had to cut across the grass up tight to the house.

5 bags of candy to return today.
Originally Posted by Slavek

And here I thought you commies invented it..

Why? Were you operating on somebody?

Lol.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Took the two step grand daughters to a tract near them 'cause they don't live in an area where that stuff would be feasible. My sister & her husband live in that tract so we just parked there and went around the neighborhood. Lots of fun; some masks but not a lot. Several fire pits out in driveways and a real nice atmosphere. Plenty of adults taking little ones around and I even had a good time.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
We had a decent turnout, better than last year.
Our church had a modified Trunk or Treat thing last night. It's an annual event but this time it was drive through. We had 80 or 90 cars total come through. We have lots of candy left. It's going to sent to our troops overseas via the VFW.

I’m super surprised you describe your location as “misery.”

Lol
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Our church had a modified Trunk or Treat thing last night. It's an annual event but this time it was drive through. We had 80 or 90 cars total come through. We have lots of candy left. It's going to sent to our troops overseas via the VFW.

Gay
Originally Posted by jorgeI
We had a decent turnout, better than last year.

Good to hear.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
We had neighbors and kids over for an outside movie night and campfire. Candy, beer, and all the bullchit.

We never get trick or treaters.

The moon was crazy bright.
Posted By: widrahthaar Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Our group had to run past at least 10
Houses for every one that was handing candy out. And most of those were just a bowl in the driveway on a table. Pretty lame but the kids all got plenty.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Zero trick-or-treaters here, Trav. Too much water standing down by the street, sidewalks, swale.

They would have had to cut across the grass up tight to the house.

5 bags of candy to return today.

Man that sucks.

Weather was a factor but still a great turnout overall.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
We had neighbors and kids over for an outside movie night and campfire. Candy, beer, and all the bullchit.

We never get trick or treaters.

The moon was crazy bright.

For realz.

Putting out some lumens.
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
Houses for every one that was handing candy out. And most of those were just a bowl in the driveway on a table. Pretty lame but the kids all got plenty.

#believers

Lol
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Holy Cow! Hilarious!

Lol.
Posted By: Remsen Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
We ran out of candy earlier than ever before.

I made a fortune.
Posted By: chesterwy Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Probably the busiest Halloween I’ve seen. The COVID commies on the community Facebook groups are in full fugging melt down mode this morning. That’s the treat for me.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
None here but i heard thespoo ks were out near all night in Houston.
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Probably the busiest Halloween I’ve seen. The COVID commies on the community Facebook groups are in full fugging melt down mode this morning. That’s the treat for me.

Ha. Wait until Wed AM.
Did you score big, Travy?

Or did you send the kids and take their candy
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Did you score big, Travy?

Or did you send the kids and take their candy

Director of Operations

Lol
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
No idea. Didn't get any here at my house.
Originally Posted by Remsen
We ran out of candy earlier than ever before.

I made a fortune.

Lmao
Originally Posted by chesterwy

Good stuff.

Lol
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Yeah I’m not asking hermits.
Halloween last night, Howling Tuesday night, Rioting Wednesday night, Suicides Thursday night.

Ah, the Hunters moon and the Corney is ripe. If you're not a D there's lots to like.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20

My 16 yr old daughter said we had our best Halloween ever!

Went to the TRUMP 2020! Rally in Kalispell and listened to the State reps. and the Motor City Mad Man Ted Nugent himself with Don Trump Jr. as the headliner.

800-1000 freedom loving Americans with big smiles on their faces. A great time had by all.

F'n A!
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Halloween last night, Howling Tuesday night, Rioting Wednesday night, Suicides Thursday night.

Ah, the Hunters moon and the Corney is ripe. If you're not a D there's lots to like.

La luna del cacciatore!

Geez, wonder why?! grin
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Wife and kids went to Townsend with my brother's wife and kids to do the festivities there. Apparently the turnout was quite large for the candy drop and the ghost walk through town. The kids had a great time. Since we're out in the sticks and would get not trick-or-treaters, I built a bonfire and then we roasted dogs and marshmallows after they got back from town. It was quite a lovely night.
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20

What kind of costume is that ?
Posted By: Mathsr Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
We live in a neighborhood with a little over 20 houses, always have some candy and the lights on, but almost never get any trick or treaters. Didn't get a single one last night. Last year a nephew brought his children buy and it was good to see the children's costumes. We used to get a good many but not any more. All the neighborhood children have grown up and moved away and our neighborhood entrance is kind of low profile, so not many know about it. Not a bad thing most of the year, but it kind of stinks on halloween.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
DeFlave: Indeed it was the "same" here as in years past!
We have been in our home here in SW Montana for 23 Halloweens now and still have yet to entertain our FIRST "trick or treater"!
At our previous home in Bellevue, Washington (Eastgate community) we used to get between 200 and 300 trick or treaters each Halloween - depending on the intensity of the rain.
Oh well maybe next year?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: widrahthaar Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by widrahthaar

#believers

Lol

Half believers half worried about what the neighbors will think.

Fully retarded.
Posted By: ribka Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Went to the TRUMP 2020! Rally in Kalispell and listened to the State reps. and the Motor City Mad Man Ted Nugent himself with Don Trump Jr. as the headliner.

800-1000 freedom loving Americans with big smiles on their faces. A great time had by all.

F'n A!

That sounds awesome
Posted By: Morewood Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Best costume of the night: Tie between a plague doctor and a little black boy wearing tan khakis and a red pullover sweater... Jake. From State Farm.
Originally Posted by ribka

F'n A!

That sounds awesome

It was.
First official political rally my family and I have been to.
When the Nuge came on stage and started in on his stories of Fred Bear and freedom the full moon crested the Swan Range off in the distance making for a memorable sight.
Just a bunch of deplorables happy, polite and well mannered.... and no protesters to be seen anywhere, they knew better.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Went to the Saltwater Grill with Victoria, nobody was wearing masks.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
my daughter as Shego, whoever that is.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Our church did Trunk or Treat as usual. Stores in town had a Halloween parade and there were people everywhere. I think most people with any common sense are over the Chin-A virus.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
We were slammed as usual with trick or treaters. My kids loaded up on candy.
None here. Inslee probably banned Halloween.
Posted By: poboy Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Not many here. The radical mayor and city council has all
the democrats citizens all hiding under their beds from
chinese plague fear. I thought there would be more mexicans.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Pretty normal, but lots of candy bowls left outside.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
We had about a normal amount! We get a lot of kids, whose parents drive them to various housing developments, to trick or treat! Probably fifty or sixty kids before dark, And about as many after dark! The teenagers and young adults held a TRUMP parade around town! Lots of Trump flags on cars and pickups! It was a great night!
Posted By: slumlord Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
That narrow, rickety wooden bridge we have keeps the townies and rifr-raff out.
Originally Posted by poboy
Not many here. The radical mayor and city council has all
the democrats citizens all hiding under their beds from
chinese plague fear.
I thought there would be more mexicans.

Don't they know the boogie bug can reach under there, too?

Lol
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
We handed out N95 masks instead of candy.

Actually I tossed the masks out the door when the children got within 10-15 feet of our residence.
Posted By: 79S Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
It was 10 degrees and we had a bunch. We bagged up our candy had 90 bags gave most of it away. I think this country is done with this bull chit.. cool joe Biden up on stage preaching doom and gloom not doing him any favors.. just his nut job base believes that chit..
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Decent turn out in town.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20

Geez, wonder why?! grin

I even left the porch light on. frown

F'n A!

That's awesome. Saw pics and vids on FB this morning, lots of whining and winning!!!
Halloween turnout is always good in our neighborhood. I saw some people passing out candy and trick or treaters in mask but most did not. Turnout seemed to be right on par with other years with a few older kids riding around in golf carts and a construction contractor across the street pulling neighborhood parents around in a
a wagon behind a small tractor.

The town sponsored a trunk or treat at the local park during the day and the Lions Club held a haunted forest on the park disc golf course at night. It was a really nice normal Halloween for my family.

Geez, wonder why?! grin

I even left the porch light on. frown

F'n A!

That's awesome. Saw pics and vids on FB this morning, lots of whining and winning!!!

Yep, the no mask super spreaders were out en mass.
Posted By: AKduck Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Was good here despite all the rain. My four had a good time and are still running around full bore this morning.
Posted By: bucktail Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Went to a bonfire for a little bit. It was windy as pho k. A lot of people pulling trailer loads of kids with 4 wheelers and side by sides. Wrapped up pretty early.
Posted By: RNF Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
We were expecting less turnout but passed out over 250 bags of candy from about 5 Pm till 8:30 PM.
Sounds like the majority of America still has a good head on their shoulders.
Posted By: 79S Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20

Minus California and Slovakia
When I was a kid, we all knew which houses to avoid - almost all of them old ladies with a big bowl of popcorn. They'd just dump a handful in your bag, making a big mess. No thanks.
Posted By: Scott_Thornley Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Originally Posted by 79S

Minus California and Slovakia

Depends on where you are in CA too. Up the hill a ways from the mess that is civilization (or something like it) turnout was lower than normal, but not non-existent. My boys came back with bags about the same size as usual, but they didn't stay out very late considering it was a Saturday Halloween.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
None here in the hood
I figured the kids from the row of section 8's to
the east and the anchor babies to the west
would be out, but if they got out they went to a
party somewhere or something.
The usual mex party with a DJ and mucho
chooting in de aire, and hooting at the end of
each song. Poleece heely- copters and hood
rats doing burnouts and donuts in empty
parking lots and wide intersections.

Typical hell-o-ween for this area
Posted By: slumlord Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
When I was a kid, we all knew which houses to avoid - almost all of them old ladies with a big bowl of popcorn. They'd just dump a handful in your bag, making a big mess. No thanks.

lol

Same for me and my friends, had one old woman that handed out apples and oranges. 🤪👎🏼

Another one sat on her porch with roll of quarters, peel one off for you... guess that wasn’t so bad.

Homemade baked goods were a no-go, crazy cat lady with brownies in baggies.

Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/01/20
Originally Posted by slumlord

lol

Same for me and my friends, had one old woman that handed out apples and oranges. 🤪👎🏼

Another one sat on her porch with roll of quarters, peel one off for you... guess that wasn’t so bad.

Homemade baked goods were a no-go, crazy cat lady with brownies in baggies.

What the hell? Did every neighborhood have those old ladies? Amazing how they coordinated before the internet.

I had apple lady, and quarter lady, and cookie lady in my neighborhood. There was also hot chocolate lady, who insisted on inviting every visitor in and giving them hot chocolate and a homemade popcorn ball. She was very kind. I always ate the popcorn ball. Others' baked goods got randomly tossed. The apples always ended up involved in some throwing war with other kids.
Posted By: deflave Re: Halloween Turnout? - 11/02/20
Originally Posted by RNF
We were expecting less turnout but passed out over 250 bags of candy from about 5 Pm till 8:30 PM.

That's a lot of fuggin' candy!
© 24hourcampfire