Home
Posted By: EthanEdwards Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
Lots of people here are fond of saying they pay no attention to post count or how long a member has been here. They just look at what that member is saying. That's a fool's errand. Post count matters because it indicates participation. So does how long a person has been registered...although that is not as solid since there are some very embedded trolls. If somebody disagrees with me, just look at the last few days during the election. We've seen new members, long-time members with a few posts, etc. When you have a big post count, people know where you're coming from. When you say "go Biden" they know whether you're being serious or sarcastic. They have a good idea whether you're real or a sock puppet. They know who is trolling and who is serious. Nothing against new, legit members. Some will have some good stuff to say. Participation matters though, whether it be for the good or the bad. I'm posting this because I've never seen anybody defend post count as a measure. People just run it down. Well here it is and there it is boys.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
That depends on where, what & when the post counts are. Lots of guys post mostly in the hunting & shooting threads. Others are only in the classifieds. You for an example I valued you thoughts on the "Judge" in the handgun section. Guys who post only on the campfire & nothing but politics--------not so much.
Posted By: Ejp1234 Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Lots of people here are fond of saying they pay no attention to post count or how long a member has been here. They just look at what that member is saying. That's a fool's errand. Post count matters because it indicates participation. So does how long a person has been registered...although that is not as solid since there are some very embedded trolls. If somebody disagrees with me, just look at the last few days during the election. We've seen new members, long-time members with a few posts, etc. When you have a big post count, people know where you're coming from. When you say "go Biden" they know whether you're being serious or sarcastic. They have a good idea whether you're real or a sock puppet. They know who is trolling and who is serious. Nothing against new, legit members. Some will have some good stuff to say. Participation matters though, whether it be for the good or the bad. I'm posting this because I've never seen anybody defend post count as a measure. People just run it down. Well here it is and there it is boys.

I want to make fun of you, but I dont even know wtf your whining about lol... post count for what, to validate that persons point? To participate in the forum (the obvious why that wouldnt work)....

Are you that uncomfy with opposing views? Sounds like a commie to me!!
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
#Post
Count
Matters🤣😂😜
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
There are guys that post mainly here on the main board who know a lot more than me about politics and other general topics. Much is to be gained here by guys whose post count mainly consists of posting here.

Thanks for your compliment. When I came here many years ago, I thought I knew a lot about guns...and I did compared to most in this locale. I was quickly humbled though, by the vast knowledge of guns that far exceeded my own, on display here every day.

Recommendations and advice on the general board here is more problematic, but not useless. Post count matters.
I dunno, you have 49k posts, most which happened the last two days, with you crying about the election...

Doesnt mean your knowledgeable lol
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
Yes, and no.

slumlord calls me a troll.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
i don’t post on other sub forums, I really don’t need advice or seek know-how on any matters.

I’m squared away on reloading, killing critters, cutting them up and grilling them and I have a bud that fixes all my broke guns

🤪
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
Post count matters. So does the Joined date. Both speak volumes about the pedigree of the local trolls.
When I see some names on a reply, I have a fair idea of what to expect.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
you are right , most of the guys here with alot of posts i've sat and drank bourbon with, smoke a cigar with and shared a real campfire together, pretty amazing the friends i've made over the years..
I think post count is the most important measure for giving weight to the validity of a member's comments.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I think post count is the most important measure for giving weight to the validity of a member's comments.

LOL!
Of course you do!

It’s good to be king.
If a member post good ideas on the sub forums, like my friend Ironbender, it lends credence to me.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
blush
Originally Posted by ironbender

LOL!
Of course you do!

It’s good to be king.

Moi?
Not just you Iron Mike.
Posted By: cclarkblues Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
All posts must be counted!
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
I dunno, you have 49k posts, most which happened the last two days, with you crying about the election...

You're a commie phaggot whose existence here is only due to your handlers' wishes and only serves as a target for the average membership.

LOL!
Of course you do!

It’s good to be king.
Indeed. All hail king of the Campfire!
Posted By: GeoW Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
Separates the wheat from the chaff.. most of the times it's a troll's ID, post count and join date.
Posted By: Clydesdale Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
None of you matter.
It does not take long to figure it all out.
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
i don’t post on other sub forums, I really don’t need advice or seek know-how on any matters.

I’m squared away on reloading, killing critters, cutting them up and grilling them and I have a bud that fixes all my broke guns

🤪

WHY do YOU break your guns??

WHY are YOU not ABLE to repair them??

Why are you leaning so much on others?
Posted By: KFWA Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20

🤪

sounds like you could use some recommendations on sub sandwich places to go to. grin
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
WTFGAF ?

You're a commie phaggot whose existence here is only due to your handlers' wishes and only serves as a target for the average membership.

Bwhahahahahahahaha
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20

Correct again! It's uncanny how you say the most true and valuable things!
Posted By: mlschnei Re: Post Count Matters - 11/06/20
Good grief. Get a life people.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Post Count Matters - 11/07/20

LOL!
Of course you do!

It’s good to be king.

Moi?

Oui.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Post Count Matters - 11/07/20
Originally Posted by Clydesdale
None of you matter.

And yet, here you are. We Shirley matter to you, sugar!
Posted By: efw Re: Post Count Matters - 11/07/20
None of you matter.

You must not think much of yourself spending so much time interacting with people who don’t matter but ok.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Correct again! It's uncanny how you say the most true and valuable things!

You are a very perceptive man.
Posted By: Clydesdale Re: Post Count Matters - 11/07/20
None of you matter.

And yet, here you are. We Shirley matter to you, sugar!

Originally Posted by efw
None of you matter.

You must not think much of yourself spending so much time interacting with people who don’t matter but ok.

Everyone needs entertainment. You [bleep] idiots are Shirley entertaining.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Post Count Matters - 11/07/20
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

🤪

WHY do YOU break your guns??

WHY are YOU not ABLE to repair them??

Why are you leaning so much on others?

I’m too busy watching Walter Brennan movies to do anything for myself.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Post Count Matters - 11/07/20
Shhhh. Quiet.....

Stick might wander in here....
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Post Count Matters - 11/07/20

Bwhahahahahahahaha

Damn, Ethan. What a brutal response, huh? This ejp bozo is no one to fuck with. At least not on the internet, huh?
© 24hourcampfire