Home
Posted By: jackmountain Oak island - 11/18/20
They keep saying according to legend, one more must die.
After 5 seasons, pick someone to sacrifice and let’s get on with it.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
I Quit watching. To dramatic, too drawn out, too much time wasted.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Same, or worse, than those noisy, mouth-breathing morons 'chasing sasquatch/bigfoot'
Posted By: slumlord Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Just gave me an idea

Wish we had a bigfoot costume for trail cam guy
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Dumbass show.
Posted By: Blacktail53 Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Ditto......
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
After how many years lol. I watched it for a couple of seasons and decided that I wouldn't watch it again till they finally found SOMETHING.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
My dad and grandad never miss an episode. They’re always hanging on the edge of their seats about them finding some wood chips or something.
Posted By: bigJ Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Finding 4 buttons and an axe head doesn’t keep your interest?
Posted By: Phillip_Nesmith Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
My mother likes that show. They've just about dug up the whole island haven't they? No treasure yet.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
They've taken boring to a hole new level.
Posted By: duck911 Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
It's a pass for me.

I think I wasted 3 hours of my life on the show. Just a poor attempt at reality archeology TV........ Which apparently isn't a TV genre, LOL. (wish it was, I love archeology)
Posted By: duck911 Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Originally Posted by Fubarski

You are a generally a prick here, but that was well played, sir! Well played, indeed.
Posted By: DBT Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
A load of Crock. Who would bury a treasure in that location and go to all that trouble doing it.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Island was underwater in the past and will be again.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
thats still on? see what i miss since i don't watch tv.

as for tv archaeology, i used to like Time Team. except for the obnoxious little idiot narrator, the rest of the show was great.
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Same, or worse, than those noisy, mouth-breathing morons 'chasing sasquatch/bigfoot'

Noisy, mouth breathing morons....you must mean "Alaskan Bush People" the absolute worst show on Television. Fuggin idiots.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Oak island - 11/18/20

What I think is amazing about the Oak Island show is that hundreds of years ago they were able dig and construct tunnels with large timber beam walls and supports so deep and long underground along with all the other timber and rock constructions, all by hand on such a tiny island, and most intriguingly -- WHY?
Posted By: AZmark Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Watched it a few times. At the moment I can’t think of a bigger waste of the time anyone has left.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
They already found the treasure. It's in the form of ratings and checks from the network.
Posted By: Tuco Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Perzactly. Though I've long been intrigued by Oak Island, I stopped watching the series years ago because it was a whole (hole?) lotta nuthin', week after week. The teaser for the following week's installment repeatedly promised some bombshell revelation, but it invariably turned out to be the same tedious bag of air. Surprised the series is still on.
Posted By: SDupontJr Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
I have watched every episode since its started. The show could really be 15-20 min or less per episode. Too many flash backs to prior episodes eat up or better yet fill the time slot. To me its still intriguing that those objects and such could have been built with the technology given in that time period. On the flip side, if a massive "find" was found, it would have already been out on social media.
Posted By: northern_dave Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
You do get about exactly 15 minutes of new material out of every hour episode. Between commercials and recaps, I seriously think they could fit the entire season's notable findings in about 45 minutes worth of video.
Posted By: Jiggdog Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
I live about an hour away from Oak Island and can't believe the ---- they preach.I understand they are filming another show in Michigan. People must be bored with Oak Island
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Somebody went to a lot of trouble and expense to dig all those tunnels and line them with oak timbers. They put something valuable in there.

But this show is too long and drawn out. I have watched 5 or 10 minutes of it, several times. Enough already! Either find the treasure, or shut up and go away.
Posted By: PaleRider Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Originally Posted by Fubarski

grin grin
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Never watched much of it and now it's too boring to continue. I always refer to that show as "Joke Island".
Posted By: jbmi Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
I watch every episode. My connection is the brothers are from my little home town, and they are friends of friends.
What they have proven is that there was a lot of stuff going on , on that island long before the "money pit"
I love history, and that's basically what the show is about.
I think the network has such a lock on the show and cast that our local newspaper and TV station has never done any reporting or interviewing the brothers, even though it's such a highly rated show.
We don't even have rumors going around town. Strange.
Posted By: aalf Re: Oak island - 11/18/20

Extended version of "Al Capone's Vault"......
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
I'd love to know what's going on with the whole network of underground labyrinths (been waiting my whole life to use that word in a sentence, check that off the bucket list) but can't stand the do-nothing drama.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Yeah, I've got this treasure...so I think I'll bury it 300 feet down on a tiny island.

Sounds plausible.
Posted By: k20350 Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'd love to know what's going on with the whole network of underground labyrinths (been waiting my whole life to use that word in a sentence, check that off the bucket list) but can't stand the do-nothing drama.

I told my Uncle I was picking up a signal on a reciever from way farther away than I should have been able to. He says "Tropospheric Ducting is what causes it". I looked at him and said "How many god damn years have you been holding that word in your pocket to use"
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Their making too much money...much more than what the "Treasure" is worth...smart "UPers"!
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
Just gave me an idea

Wish we had a bigfoot costume for trail cam guy

Get a black robe and a scythe, ride by on a white horse.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
See’s all one has to do is dig about 3 crazy tunnels and line them with heavy timber, and other piece parts as a trap...
They start a rumor and let people dig more crazy tunnels trying to figure out where the money you stashed is...

My bet is someone found it long ago and didn’t want to share it and said nothing.
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
The Real Treasure Was the Friends We Made Along the Way
Posted By: northern_dave Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
There have been several anomalies.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Oak island - 11/18/20
A couple guys at work rave about that program. They are both morally bankrupt and professionally corrupt.

If those two like it, that's all I need to know.
© 24hourcampfire