Home
It's getting nuts out there folks

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/884504252

drover
Huh. Even Walmart has it on the shelves here. I thought $30 for 500 was nuts.
I've got a brick of CCI standard velocity I could sell or trade even for a Kimber in 280ai. smile
When my parents worked for the us embassy in Kenya, my mother requested I send any worn out hunting boots or work boots sent several pairs.

She wanted to give them to her gardener and her residential gate guards.

Mother said a single .22 round fell out of one of them boots and 3 kenyans dove in for it like a home run ball in the bleachers.
Originally Posted by slumlord
When my parents worked for the us embassy in Kenya, my mother requested I send any worn out hunting boots or work boots sent several pairs.

She wanted to give them to her gardener and her residential gate guards.

Mother said a single .22 round fell out of one of them boots and 3 kenyans dove in for it like a home run ball in the bleachers.

Where are their handles on the Campfire?
I've been stocked up for decades on that, and even more so after the last shortage came to an end.
I sure am glad I addressed this after the last shortages.
I've been impressing the some folks at the range the last few months. I just pop caps like I'm never going to run out. One guy comes up during a cease fire and asks where am I buying all that ammo? Told him some of this stuff was purchased in the 80's. He says that's older than I am.
I felt bad for about 10 seconds.
I have a bunch, probably 10,000
Geez. I was at sportsman’s a few months ago. They had buckets of Remington 22 golden bullets. No price on them so I grabbed one and had it scanned, $59. I should have bought them all.
Originally Posted by drover

drover

HA I got 202 bricks of that stuff, bricks not boxes, my favorite 22 ammo, 2nd is CCI Mini Mags and you don't even want to know how much of that i have
Originally Posted by gemby58

drover

HA I got 202 bricks of that stuff, bricks not boxes, my favorite 22 ammo, 2nd is CCI Mini Mags and you don't even want to know how much of that i have

After prices dropped on Mini Mags, I hardly ever passed by a gun shop without stopping in to pick up a box or two. The stack gradually got pretty big. I've got plenty of them.
I thought I had plenty with 3500 rounds. I know I’ll never use it all!
Originally Posted by hanco

I got about 1/2 that much.

I would buy when it was on sale at $20 a brick
There was a time, there, when stores were overstocked on .22 ammo and were having trouble selling it. The prices dropped pretty low during that period.

That’s all you got? Time for a panic attack, hey?
Just to separate the men from the rookies, how much...

.22 WRF do you wankers have tucked away?

.22 WMR?

.22 short?

.22 LR?

.22 GTC brass?

Ballpark numbers for me in order; 1,500/2,000/1,000/6,000/400
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

.22 WMR?

.22 short?

.22 LR?

.22 GTC brass?

I got 50 packs of CCI CB longs that I stocked up on and found Quite 22's shot better, so I stocked up with them too

.22 WMR?

.22 short?

.22 LR?

.22 GTC brass?

'tween the men and the rookies, where do you figure that stash falls?
a box of shorts, about 7000 rounds of LR

and a 10/22 I've yet to shoot.
I’m honestly surprised to learn I have more LR than you.

Also have enough Hornet and .223 stuff to roll a whole bunch of faux .22s if need be. Might oughta pick up one of the Lyman 44gr molds.

Going to make a serious effort to burn up the crappy bulk in my handguns and the Quiets for offhand practice.

.22 WMR?

.22 short?

.22 LR?

.22 GTC brass?

.22 LR 33,000 rds. down from 37,000 this spring
.22 mag. 1400 rds. wish I had more
Originally Posted by gemby58

drover

Ditto..

And ditto.

Lol.

If a person had bought at least a brick of quality .22lr over the last 3-4 years when it went on sale, they'd never need to buy any more again. Most of what I got was collected via free shipping, too.

I'm not the only one that posted links to those sales and free shipping opportunities.

At a brick a month average over the last 4 years (instead of sipping $5 Starbucks), do the math.
Some folks never learn, it seems. First time I ever had difficulty getting 22LR was shortly after Bill Clinton got elected the first time. Back then it wasn't as serious a shortage nor did it last that long. But it happened. By the time Obama first got elected I was sitting pretty and I'm probably set for life with rimfire ammo. I probably only go through a few hundred 22LR rounds annually and when stuff becomes available at "normal" prices I may still pick up some more just to maintain some for my heirs.
Originally Posted by muleshoe

.22 WMR?

.22 short?

.22 LR?

.22 GTC brass?

'tween the men and the rookies, where do you figure that stash falls?

I dunno, that's a slippery question. In reply, let me ask you this, framed in the 1 shot, 1 kill context. How much pork can I bag with what I have? -burp- You ever hear of swamp cabbage? I ain't gonna starve, not never.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Alternatively, how many Pains In The Azz can I cure?
I sure wish I had stocked up.

I’m in pretty good shape with high velocity (~20k rounds) but never considered a need for standard velocity until I bought a 22LR suppressor.

For those in need........0.12 a round.........just saying

I bought Aguila HV 5K rd cases for $180 when times were good

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/22-long-rifle-ammo-c-202.aspx

^^^^^^^^^^^^

beats the hell outta GB prices
Wonder how much I could get for the 50k I have. Never mind I'm keeping it.
Is swamp cabbage the same as hearts of palm? I've been eating that since I was a kid. You can buy it canned at the grocery store.

.22 WMR?

.22 short?

.22 LR?

.22 GTC brass?

0, 3,000, 1,000, 20,000, 0.
I don't have any WRF, short or GTC. I feel like an idiot for not selling some 22 lr at those prices.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Is swamp cabbage the same as hearts of palm? I've been eating that since I was a kid. You can buy it canned at the grocery store.

Yes. Don’t need no stinking grocery store around here. Stuff grows wild everywhere down here. I got an ax.

Yes. Don’t need no stinking grocery store around here. Stuff grows wild everywhere down here. I got an ax.

https://www.labelleswampcabbagefestival.org/
Good food and music at one time.

drover

Eight bids and there are still 4 days to go.

I would not be shocked if it went North of $200

I put it on my Watch list just to see....
It's odd to me that many folks never plan ahead, especially after the last 22 LR shortage - it's not like it was that long ago. Anytime I see 22 LR on sale at a reasonable price I pick up some, not hoarding just staying ahead of the game.

My best purchasing deal was about this time last year, I was in our local Ranch supply and they had 100 packs of Winchester Super-X High Velocity 40 grain hollowpoints for $5.99 per 100 pack and with a rebate of $5.00 per hundred pack and a limitof 5 packs being eligible for the rebate. I bought 5 packs, my wife bought 5 packs - a 1000 rounds of ammo for $10.00 after the rebates finally arrived which took a couple of months but it was well worth the wait. a penny per shot - I was not even yet a teenager the last time it was possible 22 ammo could be bought that cheaply and that was many decades ago.

Even just a couple of months ago they had bulk pack Remington Thunderbolts on sale for $12.99 per 500, so of course I grabbed a few boxes of those. It may not be the greatest ammo in the world but it is a lot better than none.

drover

Remington Thunderbolts on sale for $12.99 per 500, so of course I grabbed a few boxes of those. It may not be the greatest ammo in the world but it is a lot better than none.

drover

It's a lot better than many believe. Tests show.
Remington Thunderbolts on sale for $12.99 per 500, so of course I grabbed a few boxes of those. It may not be the greatest ammo in the world but it is a lot better than none.

drover

IMO most disparagement of Thunderbolts is parroted hear-say. They may not be my preferred brand but the ones I've shot have been fine for the purpose of plinking..
I was feel’n pretty good with around 23-24 K rounds.....but, some of you have me beat very badly! whistle memtb
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
IMO most disparagement of Thunderbolts is parroted hear-say. They may not be my preferred brand but the ones I've shot have been fine for the purpose of plinking..
I’ve never, ever, had a problem with em’.
You guys...pimpin' Remington .22 ammo....hi-vel stuff at that....I dunno what to say other than it ain't a purrty as my homemade stuff.

.22 WMR?

.22 short?

.22 LR?

.22 GTC brass?

1/don't have any or own one. 2/ ditto 3/ some, but don't own one 4/ a bunch 5/45, but near as I can tell they never wear out.

The one with the 'blacked out' primer is loaded with 'ye holy blacke' I have near 1500# of lead, how many bullets is that at 40grns per, alas only 4# of FFFg, but at a Grain per round I'm still good for a while..... smile

A good start. grin
Originally Posted by jnyork

A good start. grin

101,000 rounds of CCI SV, 41,000 CCI Mini Mags, plus other junk that I don't use, 202 bricks CCI SV, 310 packs CCI Mini Mags
Originally Posted by Muffin

.22 WMR?

.22 short?

.22 LR?

.22 GTC brass?

1/don't have any or own one. 2/ ditto 3/ some, but don't own one 4/ a bunch 5/45, but near as I can tell they never wear out.

The one with the 'blacked out' primer is loaded with 'ye holy blacke' I have near 1500# of lead, how many bullets is that at 40grns per, alas only 4# of FFFg, but at a Grain per round I'm still good for a while..... smile

That mold is a slick looking piece of work.

Who made that?
I hope I am good for a while. Have about 12-13,000 shorts,longs and long rifles combined and a little over 10,000 22 mag. Always picked up a little of what ever I can when I am somewhere that has a little of what I want.
At the rate I shoot rimfire, the approximately 10,000 rounds that I have (mostly long rifle, but some short, long, and CB, too) will last me at least the next 25 years, should I be so lucky as to live that long.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

That mold is a slick looking piece of work.

Who made that?

https://sharpshooter-22lr-reloader.myshopify.com/products/22-reloader-kit
My Walmart just This week had Winchester 22lr plated H.P. 333 rds for 15 bucks. I bought the last 3 of course and all 6 boxes of. 6.5 creed, 3 win 125 deer season and 3 fusion. Add the 22 the ton I have for the zombie apocalypse or just fir my girls to shoot. They had 270, 3006 galore, some 7mm 08, 22 250, 2506 and a few others, a lot of 350 legend.

Good luck all.
I don't have near enough. But I ain't gonna run out right away, either...

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

me & Hunt's ain't worried about any shortages

17M2 in stock at........Graf's IIRC

I bought a bud's Ruger M2...he said ...

I'll trade you round for round....22LR for my 17 M2 Eley

OK.......I said

isn't that 380 a girl's gun ?

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
I hide it in my bra.....
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I hide it in my bra.....

U fugger.......
It is a girl’s gun. When she pops a guy in the nads with it they’ll run away squealing like a pig.
I do not have a .22lr. Ammo is readily available from several manufacturers: Nammo Schonebeck, S&B, Geco, Aguila, Fiocchi,...... Most expensive are target offerings branded Lapua. No problemos. grin
Originally Posted by Slavek
I do not have a .22lr.

WTF is the matter with you?
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by Slavek
I do not have a .22lr.

WTF is the matter with you?

Communism.
If you want to impress Americans show them your stash of Lysol brand spray that kills 99% of germs.
Geesh, I don’t have a Vulcan cannon but I got ammo for one. 20 & 30 mm. Not having a .22 is strange, but no ammo???

You related to Quigley?
© 24hourcampfire