Home
I'm befuddled again this year. laugh
Probably a small auto for cc
Nothing, as usual.
We stopped all gifting years ago - although once in a while we surprise each other with something. I just bought mine/us the full video collection of Barney Miller.
Whatever she tells me. I suck at Christmas. I hate it anyway, cause it was miserable when I was growing up. I do better at her birthday.
The pretty Mohican is getting a new top of the line cast iron skillet. It’s going to be big enough so she cant throw it very far juuuust in case. Probably a 13 inch or so.

Osky
Originally Posted by Osky
The pretty Mohican is getting a new top of the line cast iron skillet. It’s going to be big enough so she cant throw it very far juuuust in case. Probably a 13 inch or so.

Osky

LOL! Smart man, thinking ahead!
Originally Posted by hanco
Whatever she tells me. I suck at Christmas. I hate it anyway, cause it was miserable when I was growing up. I do better at her birthday.

This ^^^
For a few years now, we give each other a 100-dollar gift card to a favorite shopping-haunt...

I'll give her a Nordstroms card, and I'll wind up with Cabelas or Sportsman's Warehouse.
My wife bought a new set of golf clubs a week or so ago. Merry Christmas...
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
We stopped all gifting years ago - although once in a while we surprise each other with something. I just bought mine/us the full video collection of Barney Miller.

A real romantic!

Maybe spring for the Sanford and Son box set for your anniversary!
New broom. She keeps forgetting where she parked the old one.
Of course, we have the joke about, "She hasn't used what I bought her last year, a headstone.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

A real romantic!

Maybe spring for the Sanford and Son box set for your anniversary!

LOL
Me, “What do you want for Christmas?”

Her, “Oh nothing”.

Do I take her word for it? 😊
Originally Posted by Old_Crab
For a few years now, we give each other a 100-dollar gift card to a favorite shopping-haunt...

I'll give her a Nordstroms card, and I'll wind up with Cabelas or Sportsman's Warehouse.

Wouldn't it be easier for each of you to just go buy what you want? I guess it's the thought that counts.
I'm following Gruff's lead and going with a Crock Pot. Pb free of course.
one of the best gifts for the old lady is a pair of concrete boots
Hopefully a bear hunting vacation to Virginia, last year she stayed home and I got cold.
Her b'day is in November so I bought her a couple of robotic vacuum's for the house. That turned out to be a great gift, I am amazed at how well they work. Every day at 5am they take off and clean for a couple of hours. I empty the dustbin when they return to the charging station. House is spotless. I researched a few brands and ended up going with a brand called Deebot.

Now if they would just sell a robotic dishwasher and clothes washer.
Remodeling the exterior of the garage.

It is a win/win. She gets a "mud-room" entrance to the house and I get to switch from 2 single car doors to 1 oversized garage door. Going to look a lot better and work a lot better.

BTW, definitely one of the more expensive gifts I have gotten her.
Cape Buffalo leathered Courteney Selous, ladies size 7. smile
I offered to have a full, high-level detail done on her car. She replied, "Why, are you saying my car is dirty?" Uh, yeah, but I thought you might like it. Apparently, being proactive ain't all it's cracked up to be.
She hasn't told me yet.
So, I aske my sweet wife that question, "I don't Know". So just where do I look for that? laugh

Osky

Giving mine a new washer and dryer.

New douche bag and a very nice towel .
I'm giving my wife an upright organ...…
Lots of food.
Something to cook me for breakfast
A crockpot. Be Well, RZ.
What my wife and I share can't be bought. We are OK with that.
Got mine 2 Browning trail cams

A Garmin InReach

And a custom knife
My grandad had it figured out.

Many years ago, I think it was in the early 80s, my grandmother unwrapped his gift at the family gathering...it was a padded toilet seat. I never saw her so pissed off!

I noticed that within months every commode in the house had a padded toilet seat.
Probably a thick gold necklace. Goes with everything.
Glad I'm not the only tool in the shed. LOL.

I am completely befuddled by the whole thing. I'd normally take her to the coast for a weekend at the beach but we haven't gone anywhere together since the campaign virus hit the market. She likes lavender soap, so I picked her up a bar in a little country store I was in the other day but she gets those type of gifts whenever I find them. Last Christmas I got her some of her own camo.
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I offered to have a full, high-level detail done on her car. She replied, "Why, are you saying my car is dirty?" Uh, yeah, but I thought you might like it. Apparently, being proactive ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Is that sorta like asking your wife join “Jenny Craig” with you, but only as your support coach?....Laffin 😂😎
Originally Posted by navlav8r

Her, “Oh nothing”.

It's a trap!!
I got mine a gift certificate to weight watchers.......
My wife gets [bleep] from Amazon about every other day so what's the big deal about Christmas day? I bought myself some cordless batteries she could wrap up.
Pelaton bike has already been a early present .
I’ll take my wife out for a dessert coffee.
Originally Posted by KFWA
Her b'day is in November so I bought her a couple of robotic vacuum's for the house. That turned out to be a great gift, I am amazed at how well they work. Every day at 5am they take off and clean for a couple of hours. I empty the dustbin when they return to the charging station. House is spotless. I researched a few brands and ended up going with a brand called Deebot.

If you have pets, be careful. I know someone with those and their dog got the squirts one night and there was crap spread all over the house from the friendly robots.

They may have advanced in the past few years to know if they are spreading dog crap all over the house.
I had a brand new house built for her.
Beat that!
An annual renewal in her charmed life...
Mop and bucket...
Originally Posted by RiverRider
My grandad had it figured out.

Many years ago, I think it was in the early 80s, my grandmother unwrapped his gift at the family gathering...it was a padded toilet seat. I never saw her so pissed off!

I noticed that within months every commode in the house had a padded toilet seat.

home, home on the commode
where granny and the family unload
where seldom is heard
the splash of a turd
and the water is cloudy all day
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I got mine a gift certificate to weight watchers.......

Did you get her a clothes iron and a vacuum for her birthday?

Women love those.
Originally Posted by BtailHunter
Originally Posted by KFWA

If you have pets, be careful. I know someone with those and their dog got the squirts one night and there was crap spread all over the house from the friendly robots.

They may have advanced in the past few years to know if they are spreading dog crap all over the house.

I doubt it - they are pretty basic, fortunately I don't think (hope) that will happen in my house
I could buy her a new chainsaw??
We quit getting each other Christmas gifts years ago. We both buy what we want throughout the year, so at Christmas, we get names off the Angel Tree, and get gifts for kids that might not get much in the way of Christmas gifts. Feels much better that way.
A new shock for the used ATV she bought for herself 6 weeks ago. If she's nice to me, I'll put it on for her. Came in yesterday.

If I can figure it out. A mechanic I am not. Hope to have it on by spring..... smile
Mine asked for a pair of Wiley X polarized shades ($$$) for fishing. Larry Potterfield is boxing them up right now. LOL!
I will think of a few more things as well.
It's tough to keep her gifts a secret when we share the same checking acct. and email address. I have to be quick on the delete button.
Nice shades are a good idea. Might do that

Osky

Yes, smart that she can't throw it.

But, with a two-handed grip can she get it high enough to whack you with it. Not necessarily standing either. They've been known to use those things while a fella is napping.

A small one, big enough for one egg, will hurt a lot less.
I got mine an All American made aluminum water bottle. Got myself a nice blaze orange one also.

https://libertybottles.com/
I buy her a country ham, get it sliced

Then she cooks it up a little at a time and makes homemade biscuits.

That’s a genius at work
Eviction notice.
Not married.
Tired of noise and mess.

Want clean and quiet.
Originally Posted by navlav8r

Her, “Oh nothing”.

That's what she said last year, so I took her word as truth . . . didn't go over well. Probably do something different this year . . .
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Osky

Yes, smart that she can't throw it.

But, with a two-handed grip can she get it high enough to whack you with it. Not necessarily standing either. They've been known to use those things while a fella is napping.

A small one, big enough for one egg, will hurt a lot less.

NOT getting cast iron.
"The Warden" has wondered, out loud, for years, if they go "ding" or "whop" when you hit a skull with them !!!
smile smile smile
What we need is a guy’s dictionary for women’s speak. “Oh, nothing” sure doesn’t mean what it sounds like.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Bob, check up-side your head !!!
Originally Posted by Windfall
What we need is a guy’s dictionary for women’s speak. “Oh, nothing” sure doesn’t mean what it sounds like.

I think it means: "I have something very specific in mind that I want, but I won't tell, and if you don't guess correctly from the thousand things I might like, I will be very disappointed in you and hold it against you for an indefinite amount of time."

https://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jonc/classic/woman_dict.html

https://guycounseling.com/7-things-women-say-really-means/

There are more out there if you really need them
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Bob, check up-side your head !!!

No, that was her walker.
A smoker.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
A smoker.

perfect.

I need to get mine one of those Blackstone type flat top grills .................for the outdoor kitchen I'm going to build for .............her wink
I guess I could build her own BBQ pit.
Originally Posted by hanco
I guess I could build her own BBQ pit.

make sure you build "her" a nice one.
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
I had a brand new house built for her.
Beat that!

Bought Deb the house she wanted last Christmas.

This Christmas, the renos should be completed !
Getting mine a new 6.5 PRC.
A round pen for her horse....
Christmas dec 25.
Her birthday is dec 29.

You wanna talk about being back to back fugged.........

Made very clear to me back in the day they are 2 seperate events and not combined like they was by all her cheap azz family members growing up.

They all fugging got away with it.
But I cant...
4lb jug of Unique. If she don't like that, I guess I could use it.
A new kitchen sink, faucet and two high rise toilets.
A stove with a clock on it, so I don't have to buy her a watch
My wife wants 35” mud tires and a lift kit for her truck.

Yes, I married up laugh
Originally Posted by Mach3
A stove with a clock on it, so I don't have to buy her a watch

My wife uses the smoke alarm as a timer (Ron White joke)
I will get her the usual, 4-5 hour and a half massages which she loves. Might come up with something else but she will be thrilled as she is every year. Some of you guys make me look like the best husband in the world.
Many would like to be able to buy their wife, or anybody's wife for that matter, or some people's wife or even a real wife.
Many are paid for, few are bought.

EXCELLENT CHOICE! smile

Lynn
Originally Posted by auk1124

I think it means: "I have something very specific in mind that I want, but I won't tell, and if you don't guess correctly from the thousand things I might like, I will be very disappointed in you and hold it against you for an indefinite amount of time."

From the time you screw up, to eternity and beyond.

Lynn
Originally Posted by renegade50
Christmas dec 25.
Her birthday is dec 29.

Made very clear to me back in the day they are 2 seperate events and not combined like they was by all her cheap azz family members growing up.

But I cant...

My birthday too, 59's coming.
We may buy small things but nothing huge. I bought her the house she wanted 7 years ago and so far that argument is still winning.

I'm getting to old for Christmas, im only 48 but we buy what we want through the year. We primarily focus on spoiling the kid.
So, I did get a short list!

ALL WORK!!!!!! Cheap enough but! cry laugh
Guess a 2nd freezer.
But when she leaves the appliance stays.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
So, I did get a short list!

ALL WORK!!!!!! Cheap enough but! cry laugh

Richard,

Just so you are aware, Judy whats everything, on that short list.

& deserves it, too !
laugh laugh laugh wink
My wife has been listening to record albums while working from home. Just ordered the newest Eagles album and Stevie Nicks.
Originally Posted by gunner500
Cape Buffalo leathered Courteney Selous, ladies size 7. smile

Great minds think alike...mine got that last year...exactly!
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by renegade50
Christmas dec 25.
Her birthday is dec 29.

But I cant...

My birthday too, 59's coming.

My wife is December 14 and has suffered as a child with combination gifts.
A smaller Stihl pole saw, got her a big one, but she needs a small one too
Just got over anniversary!
© 24hourcampfire