Home
From the Federalist

Large Mask Study Shows Masks Not Effective vs Wuhan Virus

And yet more & more states are jumping on the bandwagon as lockdowns increase & become more draconian...........................in BLUE states, mostly. Can you say "control the sheeple" ?

MM

Major Study Finds Masks Don’t Reduce COVID-19 Infection Rates
NOVEMBER 18, 2020 By Jordan Davidson

A high-quality, large-scale Danish study finds no evidence that wearing a face mask significantly minimizes people’s risk of contracting COVID-19. The randomized-control trial found no statistically significant difference in coronavirus infection rates between mask-wearers and non-mask-wearers. In fact, according to the data, mask usage may actually increase the likelihood of infection.

“The recommendation to wear surgical masks to supplement other public health measures did not reduce the SARS-CoV-2 infection rate among wearers by more than 50% in a community with modest infection rates, some degree of social distancing, and uncommon general mask use,” the authors summarized their results.

While mask-wearing has been advertised by health officials all around the world, including the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, the Danish researchers found that there was no statistically significant difference between wearing a mask or not in preventing people from contracting COVID-19.

“In the third post hoc analysis, which investigated constellations of patient characteristics, we did not find a subgroup where face masks were effective at conventional levels of statistical significance,” researchers found.

The randomized-control trial, which is considered the “gold-standard” design for scientific research, had a large sample size of more than 6,000 people. Most studies conducted on various kinds of face masks against various coronaviruses are neither randomized, controlled trials nor conducted regarding the specific SARS-CoV-2 virus currently affecting the world.

This clinical trial was conducted from April through June in Denmark, a largely unmasked area with government recommendations only to social distance and wash hands frequently as the country began to reopen in May. Roughly half of the 6,024 participants, 4,862 of whom completed the study, were randomly assigned to wear surgical masks “outside the home among other persons together” while the other half continued to operate in public without a mask.

After a month, 42 of the mask-wearers in the study (1.8 percent) were infected with the virus while 53 of the non-mask-wearers (2.1. percent) were infected with the virus. Statistically, this is not a significant difference between the two groups, suggesting these infection differences were a product of chance, say the study authors.

“The between-group difference was −0.3 percentage point (95% CI, −1.2 to 0.4 percentage point; P = 0.38) (odds ratio, 0.82 [CI, 0.54 to 1.23]; P = 0.33). Multiple imputation accounting for loss to follow-up yielded similar results,” the study states. “Although the difference observed was not statistically significant, the 95% CIs are compatible with a 46% reduction to a 23% increase in infection.”

Some have noted Denmark’s population at the time of the study was less than 2 percent infected, participants were in charge of reporting their own COVID-19 tests, and other limitations. Dr. Christine Laine, editor-in-chief of the Annals of Internal Medicine, where the study is published, told The New York Times the research shows masks “are not a magic bullet.” In an article, Laine and other editors defended the journal’s decision to publish the study despite pushback.

“More irresponsible would be to not publish the results of carefully designed research because the findings were not as favorable or definitive as some may have hoped,” they wrote.

The mask study one of the largest of its kind ever completed.

“These findings do offer evidence about the degree of protection mask wearers can anticipate in a setting where others are not wearing masks and where other public health measures, including social distancing, are in effect,” the study states, noting that the trial “did not test the role of masks in source control of SARS-CoV-2 infection.”

Jordan Davidson is a staff writer at The Federalist. She graduated from Baylor University where she majored in political science and minored in journalism.
They did a military study on lockdowns and mask use.

Even with military discipline it didn't stop the spread of virus.
There has to have been more than a dozen “studies “ posted here about masks and the yes they do, no they don’t reasons for them.

Still, many businesses require them to enter and the new lockdowns will only cause more wearing of them.

Louisiana area bars are being ordered to close. Restaurants next, I’d suppose.

Therefore,,,I’m going to Dragos in Metairie, Louisiana this very afternoon and shovel a few dozen of their charcoal broiled Louisiana oysters down my neck along with a giant lump crabmeat salad. Then take the Ponchartrain Causeway back to home.

Life is still good, y’all.

The Tootster
In this 3 minute video a doctor demonstrates that masks don't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkdTyZ9xd_g&t=11s
It's all about particle size and bypass. Physics prevails.
Even if the mask were to trap droplets containing COVID, they would soon dry and the virus would be released as a smaller particle which is more subject to Brownian motion and will remain airborne much longer. We are better off letting the droplets fall to the floor.
It’s patriotic! 🇨🇳
Originally Posted by 280shooter

That’s about it in total.

Actually, it's all about control................

No one with a single living brain cell could doubt the physics.

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

True.
My boss's wife got the Kung Flu from a coworker. Masks are mandatory at her workplace, soooo...
But all the state guv's are using it as a lever on the businesses such that unless they require patrons to wear one to shop, by threatening loss of business license.

The Demons evil & hypocrisy know no bounds.

MM
Everyone is wearing masks and have been for quite some time. Let's try those rubber wristbands.
Who doesn't love going to a place like Chipotle and watching some democrat voter behind the counter, finger fuq his / her mask to death while constructing your burrito.

Yum, yum.
Originally Posted by copperking81
Who doesn't love going to a place like Chipotle and watching some democrat voter behind the counter, finger fuq his / her mask to death while constructing your burrito.

Yum, yum.

Every restaurant. Masks and shutdowns is all about control. They don't give a flying f*ck about our safety
11 cent Chinese paper masks don't stop a virus spread by oral and fecal transmission

People still dont wash their hands enough during flu season and continue to live on highly refined high carb diets
https://www.bitchute.com/video/OD0uZRAtD1Se/?list=notifications&randomize=false

Mask Info:
I have always been wary of elevator buttons, cooler doors, shopping carts, and restrooms. Not over covud, but in general.
I prefer the restrooms with a baffle instead of door, I dont have to touch anything but my zipper. I do feel for women. Ever notice how many urinals have a dribble spot in front? Stand straddle and let someone else pull the handle if it is not an electronic eye
Originally Posted by kennyd
I have always been wary of elevator buttons, cooler doors, shopping carts, and restrooms. Not over covud, but in general.
I prefer the restrooms with a baffle instead of door, I dont have to touch anything but my zipper. I do feel for women. Ever notice how many urinals have a dribble spot in front? Stand straddle and let someone else pull the handle if it is not an electronic eye

I try and avoid public restrooms during flu season. All of that high viral load fecal matter floating around in the air
But all the state guv's are using it as a lever on the businesses such that unless they require patrons to wear one to shop, by threatening loss of business license.

The Demons evil & hypocrisy know no bounds.

MM

This is the basic problem with everything government and COVID
Originally Posted by ribka
11 cent Chinese paper masks don't stop a virus spread by oral and fecal transmission

People still dont wash their hands enough during flu season and continue to live on highly refined high carb diets

Fecal transmission, eh?

The way scchitt is thrown around here at The Campfire we should all be infected .
Originally Posted by copperking81

Yum, yum.

No cshit
how about wearing cloves of garlic around the neck? garlic warded off vampires so it should help social distance the wearer from covids, karens, sheeple and demsheviks.

https://summit.news/2020/11/18/top-...r-perpetrated-on-an-unsuspecting-public/
Let's say that masks do work. How do people treat the bio-contaminant that is now on their face? They adjust it constantly. Then they handle items in the store and head to the conveyor, where the gloved clerk handles their items wearing the same gloves with which she handled the previous 30 customers. Then you get to use the keypad that everyone else uses. Head to the car and stuff the bio-waste in your pocket to be donned next time.

This is all a power grab and theater for the gullible. If they were serious, they would have a bio-waste container outside each store, at the very least.
I don’t like it either, but until any vaccine gets here, masks and staying away from other people is all we have. I carry a gallon of water and a bar of Dial soap in all the vehicles and wash my hands when I’ve been where other people are. Gloves at the gas pump. Medical people a hell of a lot smarter than most of us have said that masks DO cut down the transmission, so frankly I don’t see the reluctance to wear one. Say that you were going in for surgery and the doc said f*uk it, I’m not wearing one... Or say it was the 1940’s in London when Germany was bombing your city every night when you were going to defy an order and be an independent and leave your lights on...Boom. Why fight it? It isn’t a political statement. I’m beginning to think that not wearing one is more of an I.Q. test.
It's a psychological thing, going in 110% on the hoax / reset / masks are for sheeple nonsense puts you in control of something in a situation where our lack of control has been laid awfully bare.

Mirror image of the people you see wearing a mask and exam gloves alone in their cars. They just want something to be in control of too.

They're both pretty [bleep] embarrassing.
Did you read the study, or just trust some blogger to tell you what it says and give some cherry-picked quotes?

This is in the authors discussion:
"The findings, however, should not be used to conclude that a recommendation for everyone to wear masks in the community would not be effective in reducing SARS-CoV-2 infections, because the trial did not test the role of masks in source control of SARS-CoV-2 infection."

The goal of masks is source control of the infected, not to protect the wearer. This small study with only a <2% infection rate in either arm doesn't prove schit.

Masks may indeed be totally ineffective, but READ THE STUDY before you claim to have proven that.

This blind trust of partisan blogs to digest the news and spoon feed you conclusions is disgusting.
Top Pathologist Claims COVID-19 Is "The Greatest Hoax Ever Perpetrated On An Unsuspecting Public"

...says “masks are utterly useless.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/t...oax-ever-perpetrated-unsuspecting-public
The "covid" was exploited for political purposes..... not too hard to figure out
Originally Posted by Windfall
I don’t like it either, but until any vaccine gets here, masks and staying away from other people is all we have. I carry a gallon of water and a bar of Dial soap in all the vehicles and wash my hands when I’ve been where other people are. Gloves at the gas pump. Medical people a hell of a lot smarter than most of us have said that masks DO cut down the transmission, so frankly I don’t see the reluctance to wear one. Say that you were going in for surgery and the doc said f*uk it, I’m not wearing one... Or say it was the 1940’s in London when Germany was bombing your city every night when you were going to defy an order and be an independent and leave your lights on...Boom. Why fight it? It isn’t a political statement. I’m beginning to think that not wearing one is more of an I.Q. test.

Too dumb to know the difference between a fitted N 95 surgical mask and a 5 cent Chinese toilet paper mask.
Uneducated cowardly white male goober Dems love to compare wearing a cheap paper mask to being a virtue signaling war hero now.

Just stick to your bar of soap dumschit lmao
Myself and several others here have urged people to research " the great reset" the new world order crowd is meeting in Davos stated the covid provided an excellent opportunity to advance their agenda.
Climate change was not working fast enough.... educate yourself and refuse to be useful idiots

Wear your mask..... don't tell me to wear one.... this is the USA , we are free men , gfy
Avery high % of people wear masks. It varies by store and community.

So if masks work, why are positive test results skyrocketing?

It must spread by other means.

Originally Posted by Old_Toot
There has to have been more than a dozen “studies “ posted here about masks and the yes they do, no they don’t reasons for them.

Still, many businesses require them to enter and the new lockdowns will only cause more wearing of them.

Louisiana area bars are being ordered to close. Restaurants next, I’d suppose.

Therefore,,,I’m going to Dragos in Metairie, Louisiana this very afternoon and shovel a few dozen of their charcoal broiled Louisiana oysters down my neck along with a giant lump crabmeat salad. Then take the Ponchartrain Causeway back to home.

Life is still good, y’all.

The Tootster

Wear your mask while shoveling that into your face

How many studies do you need? How big does the increase in cases have to be - with everybody wearing masks- before you stop swallowing this crap? Particle size. And please, don't ever misstate why surgeons wear masks again.
Originally Posted by aspade
It's a psychological thing, going in 110% on the hoax / reset / masks are for sheeple nonsense puts you in control of something in a situation where our lack of control has been laid awfully bare.

Mirror image of the people you see wearing a mask and exam gloves alone in their cars. They just want something to be in control of too.

They're both pretty [bleep] embarrassing.

I saw a woman sitting alone in her car in a parking lot wearing surgical gloves and pulling her mask down to puff on her cigarette 😳
I forwarded that to the mask nazis running my county
I don’t have a picture sharing account but I have a picture of a box of the typical blue on one side white on the other ear loop mask that you see most people wearing. They’re supplied by my work and are mandatory for access to much of the building. The box that the mask come in state right on them that ear loop mask DO NOT PREVENT THE TRANSMISSION OF COVID OR ANY OTHER VIRUS.
Originally Posted by irfubar
Myself and several others here have urged people to research " the great reset" the new world order crowd is meeting in Davos stated the covid provided an excellent opportunity to advance their agenda.
Climate change was not working fast enough.... educate yourself and refuse to be useful idiots
Excellent post.
Originally Posted by irfubar

Yes, this is the reality. Follow the narrative and see it for what it is. Pretty simple, once you shrug off the endless fearmongering.

MM

Kind of reinforces the old adage of "My mind is made up, don't confuse me with the facts."

And yes, it is all about control.
Speaking of influenza........did it just disappear? (rhetorical)

Does a positive covid 19 test mean you have covid or could it mean a positive for influenza? Both are "corona" viruses, correct?

Clyde
The "tests" are another bad joke......................

45% false positives

Not COVID-19 specific

What more could you want?

MM
Maybe leeches and coffee enemas next?
Well, duh.. At some point, probably 97% of us all will get this crap.. I just got the "positive" test results.. Got it from my wife, who got it from her surgeon.. It happens.. She's fairly sick with bi-lateral pneumonia + the virus.. Was in the hospital about three days, but home now.. I feel absolutely normal.. But for safety of others, I closed the shop until Nov. 30..
Someone said that this small study doesn’t mean [bleep]. A study of 300 is a small study. A study of almost 5000 people is a large study and significant. The difference between mask and non mask wearers contraction is less than three percent. Again significant because the margin of error covers the different. If you want to eat [bleep] and call it candy you are free to do so.

If you call eating [bleep] normal you are an idiot. If you read this article and still believe that masks will save you from contracting this virus you are an idiot. Wearing a mask is akin to wearing a pantyhose as a condom.
The authors of the study discuss that it doesn't mean what you say it does. You'd know that if you read it.

Stop getting your conclusions from biased third parties.

I'm not even trying to convince you that masks work, or don't. I'm just trying to convince you to read the evidence for yourself.
Bump
Phuque a bunch of masks.....I do not wear one, ever!
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/masking-science-sars-cov2.html
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

Do you wear a mask so people don't have to smell the BULLSHlT coming out of your mouth?
Originally Posted by MTDan
The authors of the study discuss that it doesn't mean what you say it does. You'd know that if you read it.

Stop getting your conclusions from biased third parties.

I'm not even trying to convince you that masks work, or don't. I'm just trying to convince you to read the evidence for yourself.

Please tell us where you are finding unbiased information.

Breathing goes both ways through a mask. The idea of protecting others from disease by filtering your cough is laughable. They don't sell stocking net condoms for a reason. Catching large particles is not the issue with a mask. You keep eating your candy.
Originally Posted by IZH27
Someone said that this small study doesn’t mean [bleep]. A study of 300 is a small study. A study of almost 5000 people is a large study and significant. The difference between mask and non mask wearers contraction is less than three percent. Again significant because the margin of error covers the different. If you want to eat [bleep] and call it candy you are free to do so.

If you call eating [bleep] normal you are an idiot. If you read this article and still believe that masks will save you from contracting this virus you are an idiot. Wearing a mask is akin to wearing a pantyhose as a condom.

Well said sir!
The study itself is good, though limited, evidence. My problem isnt with the study, it's with the federalist twisting the conclusions of the study to make it seem more definitive and far reaching than it is. It tested wearing paper masks to protect the wearer in an environment where wearing masks wasnt common. The authors acknowledge the parameters of the study, and warn against making the exact claims the federalist does because the evidence doesn't support them.

You're looking for ANY evidence to support what you want to be true (or believe you know to be true). Its called confirmation-bias.

Read the studies, not the blogs!
Originally Posted by MTDan
Did you read the study, or just trust some blogger to tell you what it says and give some cherry-picked quotes?

This is in the authors discussion:
"The findings, however, should not be used to conclude that a recommendation for everyone to wear masks in the community would not be effective in reducing SARS-CoV-2 infections, because the trial did not test the role of masks in source control of SARS-CoV-2 infection."

The goal of masks is source control of the infected, not to protect the wearer. This small study with only a <2% infection rate in either arm doesn't prove schit.

Masks may indeed be totally ineffective, but READ THE STUDY before you claim to have proven that.

This blind trust of partisan blogs to digest the news and spoon feed you conclusions is disgusting.

You're an idiot.

Quote from the article

"Dr. Christine Laine, editor-in-chief of the Annals of Internal Medicine, where the study is published, told The New York Times the research shows masks “are not a magic bullet.” In an article, Laine and other editors defended the journal’s decision to publish the study despite pushback.

This is what we are all saying, nothing more nothing less.

If you are wearing the mask with the expectation that you will not get C-19 BECAUSE your are wearing the mask, then you are under a misguided expectation.

And people wearing a mask alone in their car or outside, 100 yards from the nearest living being are not wearing masks to protect others.....................they are wearing them with the expectation that they are being protected.

So FO&D.

MM
You're twisting the facts as well. "Not a magic bullet" does not mean "have no effect at all." They're just part of a public health strategy to reduce transmission.

Yes, wearing a mask alone makes no sense, and the masks some people choose and the way they wear them are obviously ineffective. I've never argued otherwise.

My point is that being spoon-fed conclusions by secondary sources doesn't give the whole picture, and news blogs have an agenda. Many of you look past that because it aligns with your beliefs.

I'm open to research that shows they're garbage. I hope it exists because it sucks to wear one all day, but that study isnt it.

Best to you and yours
Dan
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/04/america-asia-face-mask-coronavirus/609283/
© 24hourcampfire