Home
Those guys were great. Never get the credit they deserve.
Seen them in a bar in Provo UT. about 20 years ago, awesome concert.
Originally Posted by Springcove

They were truly BadAss Rockers!

Lot of talent between them all.
music made for an 8 track pioneer super tuner and jensen triaxles.
They’re still playing. Have done our local summer festival twice in the last 10 years.

What is it with good Canadian bands getting ignored while schitt-stains like Bieber get undue attention?
Originally Posted by stevelyn

What is it with good Canadian bands getting ignored while schitt-stains like Bieber get undue attention?

That’s a great question. I don’t think Rush gets the credit they actually deserve. I’m a big fan of Triumph as well.

New music sucks!!!...
I saw them back up the Rolling Stones at Rich Stadium on July 4th 1978 on the Some Girls Tour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rolling_Stones_US_Tour_1978
Didn't they sing "Just Between You and Me". That's what popped into my head when I read the OP.
Listen closely.......

Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Didn't they sing "Just Between You and Me". That's what popped into my head when I read the OP.

Originally Posted by TheBigSky

Yes
12344mag;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day treated you acceptably and this finds you and yours well.

My goodness does the thread bring back a bunch of memories for me, though I must confess that I had to look up the concert date to confirm when I saw them live.

It was May 02, 1980 and actually the opening act was Red Rider who did a fantastic job. Their song White Hot had just hit the radio stations out west and was doing well.

Thanks for the memories from more than 40 years ago when a lot of life was in front of me and I still had hair and a jacked up Pontiac! cool

All the best to you all this Thanksgiving.

Dwayne
Originally Posted by BC30cal
12344mag;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day treated you acceptably and this finds you and yours well.

My goodness does the thread bring back a bunch of memories for me, though I must confess that I had to look up the concert date to confirm when I saw them live.

It was May 02, 1980 and actually the opening act was Red Rider who did a fantastic job. Their song White Hot had just hit the radio stations out west and was doing well.

Thanks for the memories from more than 40 years ago when a lot of life was in front of me and I still had hair and a jacked up Pontiac! cool

All the best to you all this Thanksgiving.

Dwayne

Dwayne, I bet it's been 30-35 years since I heard that song. 1980 was 11th grade for me bud.

The best to you and your family this Thanksgiving as well.
Great old band. But you gotta turn it up.... to ELEVEN!!!
I have to laugh because I listen to the Canadian station “The Quake” out of Victoria BC and they play a ton of Red Rider and April Wine, Chilliwack, Rush, Tragically Hip, etc.

I’ve always been thankful for such good neighbors, Canadians are great neighbors.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’ve always been thankful for such good neighbors, Canadians are great neighbors.

Agreed. I especially like their national motto: "Canada. We're #1 at being just north of the United States".

Now, nobody get mad at me. That was told to me by a Canadian friend.
© 24hourcampfire