Home
Posted By: SamOlson Do boring people live longer? - 11/20/20
On average, right?
Thee brightest flame burns out the fastest.
Depends on locale and occupation I’d think.

Boring pilots live long. Ghetto thugs not so much.
Depends on your definition of boring, I imagine.
If they do Starman is going to end up challenging Methuselah's spot in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Dan and 19, highly subjective no doubt.

Trying to keep it within reason.
DAMM - I'm gonna die tomorrow!!!!
But I'm bettin' I go out in style !!!!! Hold my beer & watch THIS smile smile smile
My wife's granny was anything but boring she was a character right till she passed at 99. Sample of one, but...
Originally Posted by SamOlson
The brightest flame burns out the fastest.

“It’s better to burn out ‘cause rust never sleeps.” Neil Young.
I'm probably boring to a lot of folks. I hope I don't live much after I can't hunt or fish anymore.

I work in factory management as my regular job and I have a pt job at Walmart. I can't believe the people who work at Walmart 40-60 hours a week for 30 years. How they must hate themselves. After 25 hours I am good.

It is subjective. Now bored people, maybe not so much.
My wifes grandpa started each day with a half a jelly glass of Brandy and a cigar.He worked until he was 86 when he died.He would pinch the ass of every young woman he could and was completely unrepentent.Me and him was buds.
Do boring people live longer?

I'm kinda hoping so, cuz I'm pretty sure I'm boring......but then again, I dont know how much of this boring shet I can take.........

Good lord I hope I can stay somewhat healthy.
I always figured I'd survive to be 102. Note, "survive", not "live"..... :P
I plan on living to 120.
No Sam, boring people die earlier because they have too much pent up frustration......

Hold my beer and watch this, is not as dangerous as they make it out to be
Actually, to a lot mo folks than I care to admit, I'm not boring at all.....

..I tend to provide a good bit of entertainment in all the wrong ways.
The answer is No - It just seems that they do.
The answer is Yes - Because they bore everybody else to death.
Originally Posted by Huntz
My wifes grandpa started each day with a half a jelly glass of Brandy and a cigar.He worked until he was 86 when he died.He would pinch the ass of every young woman he could and was completely unrepentent.Me and him was buds.

Sounds a lot like my Uncle Baccala . Hoping I take after him. I seem to have inherited only the good eyesight & smooth lines .
Originally Posted by duck9ll
I plan on living to 120.

I am still not sure why faking another account on here is tolerated by even the worst of trolls.

Even for THIS PLACE, it is sad.
Posted By: EdM Re: Do boring people live longer? - 11/20/20
On average, right?

If so I am good to 150.
I would say yes, but that is based on the concept of...
Originally Posted by Benito Mussolini
It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep.

As to this exchange,
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
The brightest flame burns out the fastest.

“It’s better to burn out ‘cause rust never sleeps.” Neil Young.

I retort...
Originally Posted by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Well, I hope Neil Young will remember
A southern man don't need him around, anyhow
My next door neighbor died of a heart attack at 66. I saw him outside probably 10 times in the 12 years we lived next to each other. And 5 of those he was getting the mail. He watched TV or sat on his tablet almost every waking second. He was retired for 10 months. He was a jerkass but in his widow's mind, he was born with wings and a halo. He went to the store once a week, never went out for supper, never left town. He had the definitive boring life.
Boring people tend to be content and low stress. Stress is a killer in many ways.
Originally Posted by duck911
I plan on living to 120.

I am still not sure why faking another account on here is tolerated by even the worst of trolls.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
I plan on living to 120.

I agree. And I don't even have a duck in that race. Pretty pathetic.
Originally Posted by Stophel
I plan on living to 120.

I agree. And I don't even have a duck in that race. Pretty pathetic.

Idk, maybe they are the same guy?
My father had a joke:
Guy goes to the doctor.
Doctor says,"You must quit drinking and chasing women."
Patient, "Will I live longer?"
Doctor, "No, but it will seem like it."
I do know that tugboat captains on the Columbia River said

Boring is highly underrated.

One does not like excitement with four 4000 ton barges of wheat in front of a 110' tug, while going into a lock with only 2' clearance on a side.
So far, so good. Or maybe it just seems longer...
Boring live longer but folks remember the guy that wasn’t.
Sam, if your thesis is correct, I'll outlive my body's ability to allow me to do what I want. I'm able as boring as they come.
There’s never a time you feel more alive than staring down death

But damn if it doesn’t take years offa you
Boring people might live longer, but are they really, truly alive? What's the point?
On average, right?

I am banking on it!
A lot depends on body type and hereditary factors, plus some luck.
Originally Posted by hanco
A lot depends on body type and hereditary factors, plus some luck.

My mother in law's parents were married 65 years and they didn't get married until they were 27 and 25. Then mother in law died at 66 from a heart attack.
Most of the boring people I know may appear to live longer, to those around them, only because there was little no difference between when they were living and when they were dead.
Originally Posted by arkypete
Most of the boring people I know may appear to live longer, to those around them, only because there was little no difference between when they were living and when they were dead.

I know several like that, too cheap to do anything for fun, lived wasted lives in my opinion. My boss is like that.
I want to go out on top if she'll let me.
I should have held on to my own beer a little more. Maybe all the disks in my back and neck would still be on top of each other.
Wouldn't trade any of my "adventures" for anything including more time on the back end though.

Good friends and good times. I tune out and try to delete the bad ones, makes looking back fun.
Where's Ingwe?
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Where's Ingwe?

Off somewhere enjoying his relative youth.
I sure hope we do.
I don't think so.
On average, right?

No Sam, they don't.

I'll use my old man for an example. Though I loved him as only a son can love his father, he was the most boring man I've ever known. Only time I am aware that he imbibed a drink in the last 35 years of his life was one time he had a beer with me after a great personal milestone on my part and we celebrated. He gave up his pipe tobacco when he married my mom in the early 70s, and didn't start again until all us kids were grown and gone, and I bought him a pipe for christmas a few years before he died. He never went to parties, or did anything that wasn't boring. Worked a lot, went to church a lot. Died at age 60 from from cancer. I figured if that's what happens when you live so clean a life, I might as well enjoy myself and at least go to my grave having had more fun. Maybe he and I'll compare notes one day on his farm where the milk cows are gentle, and the corn is always high, or maybe not.

To be fair I'm pretty boring these days myself though. smile
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I don't think so.

I'll second that.

I always felt that people that keep busy live longer, especially old folks.
My father was chief engineer with a tornado inside him.... lived to be 90
The wife's grandmother was a minister's wife and never did anything.... lived to be 103.

Looks like lifespan is invariant with boring.

Sounds bad.

Whats the story Sam?
Samm0,

Live by;

Bring it b!tches !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life's to short, not to experience it all.

(never done hard drugs though)

grin
laugh I tried this once with a candle, and we me as the candle to I guess. [Linked Image from today.duke.edu]
On average, right?

No,
But when your life is boring it will seem like you lived to be a hundred......
With in reason, of course. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I like a little fun now and again. I always have s good time when I’m with me.
Thank you all for the good replies, I found it interesting.

Jim, just thinking out loud. Nothing personal.
Boring people don’t live at all, much less longer.
They simply exist. [bleep] that.
Are you having any fun?
© 24hourcampfire