Home
Posted By: wabigoon No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
No Christmas Eve service. the liberal powers that be ,seem as bad as the government.

What is your church doing?
Posted By: Gus Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
Wabi, it's happening everywhere. it just goes to show that church & gov't are more in alignment than many of us ever would have thought possible just a short time ago. it's eye opening for sure.

there's a lot that can be said but would it do any good whatsoever?

bars, schools, churches, exercise halls, restaurants,

they're all part of the story now.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
All good Richard;

Listen to the lyrics !

You can worship anywhere.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
No church for me these days, but it’s pretty clear that the best way to avoid getting sick or passing the bug on to others is to stay away from people as much as possible, so that’s what we’re doing. Pretty easy for us. I feel bad for those who can’t. Those who can but won’t are being foolish and selfish IMO. Masks are a feel-good distraction.
Posted By: TF49 Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
No Christmas Eve service. the liberal powers that be ,seem as bad as the government.

As of now, no change..... seats set apart in service.... nobody wears a mask in the pews. Only real change since May is cancellation of kids church.

Btw.... there are many areas of Colorado that do a pretty good job of ignoring “Denver” and our sold out, fascist, totalitarian governor.

One can even buy 30 round mags in many lgs....

Edit to add: our attendance is down as some older folks and young families stay home. Also, we have had zero cases in what is now our “regular” group of 50 - 70.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
Considering the actual mortality rate is right at .037% I'm taking my chances. Screwm. The daily death rate is virtually unchanged from 2018 and less that it was in 1950. I think a lot of people have been soused by the fake news.
Posted By: yukon254 Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
The govt has no right to stop church services and IMO a good pastor will not allow them to stop services. Most agree and fall in line tho. Our church is carrying on like normal.

To the people who are scared, stay home. Its your right to do that. It isnt your right to try to force me to do what you want. To me its that simple, if you're scared stay home. Then you have no problem.

Its amazing how scared people are of a virus that they have a 99.9% chance of surviving, yet they fill their face daily with junk that is going to kill them. Each year in the US 650,000 people die of cardio vascular disease. Thats one person every 36 seconds. The vast majority of those deaths are preventable simply by making better choices of what you put in your mouth, but you dont see any doctors or the news media covering it like they do covid.

Inflammation is the leading cause in most chronic illness and studies are pointing to it as one of the main causes of cancer and diabetes. Almost 50% of Americans are now insulin resistant. All this is directly related to what they eat. Yet they are worried about covid. Its not even rational....
Posted By: JamesJr Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20

Haven't heard from ours yet, but after what our girly man governor did this week, I imagine our's is going to be cancelled too.
Posted By: 79S Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20

Surprised none of these church groups haven’t hired a lawyer.. They make so much money they could build a new church and pastor could get a fleet of new cars...

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances”.
Your churches have sold out, and sold you out.

I don't know how you could keep on pretending that God is involved.
Posted By: hanco Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
We are still open, expecting another shut down
WWJD?

Those lepers?
WWJD?

Those lepers?

MY Jesus was a honey badger of FAITH in the Lord.
Go on to church. If the leadership of the church does not show, the people should meet anyway. Be a positive example to the world.

Do the commies stop their routing because of chyna flu edicts? Why should we Christians?
Originally Posted by slowmover12
Go on to church. If the leadership of the church does not show, the people should meet anyway. Be a positive example to the world.

Do the commies stop their routing because of chyna flu edicts? Why should we Christians?

You Sir are SPOT ON!

THANK YOU
Posted By: yukon254 Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
Originally Posted by CashisKing

You Sir are SPOT ON!

THANK YOU

x2
lol

Female "pastor" and your cursing "liberal powers that be"

Look in the mirror.

You Sir are SPOT ON!

THANK YOU

If Jesus needs me in Heaven NOW... I'll not make it off this mountain... otherwise my service to Him will NOT FALTER.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
A lot of positive ways to look at it.[Linked Image from biblepic.com]
"Churches" that condone homosexual lifestyles and female leadership are part of the progressive commie movement to destroy western society. You can partake, or walk away.

But don't pretend otherwise. Own it.
Posted By: jar Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
It will be a cold day in HELL when someone besides our pastor shuts down our church. I guess we are lucky in the fact that we are all of the same mindset , young and old!!!
Our minister made the decision with the " Advice", of the higherups.
We are a small WELS country church. So far, though masks are required on Thurs. night and Sunday 8:00 service, many do not wear them. We are conservative, however liberals are permeating the church body as this is LaCrosse county. Our church council has been leaning liberal and I have expressed my opinion on the matter, to no avail, as my opinion as a peon does not matter to the church fathers. Our Pastor has to abide by the councils mandates, but he would just as soon put them in their place. Liberalism is slowly gaining a foothold. It is only a matter of time before a lesbian or gay couple wish to be married in our church and are turned down and then sue the synod, just a matter of time.
Posted By: KenMi Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
Giving the big middle finger to the big Gretch. She can suggest all she wants, but LAWS go through LEGISLATURE. Something that brainless hag can't seem to understand.
Posted By: Calvin Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
Originally Posted by 79S

Surprised none of these church groups have hired a lawyer.. They make so much money they could build a new church and pastor could get a fleet of new cars...

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances”.

Grace Community Church in CA has/is.
Posted By: Calvin Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
We are open. A good portion of our congregation are old/elderly in the high risk. Church is very important to them in the last years of their life and not staying is isolation is also important as many live alone and are widows.

So we do what takes to stay open and protect the vulnerable.
reckon the gov't, when the time comes, will be able to take our guns as easily as they have shut down the churches. actually, i say yes but am hopeful i'm wrong yet again.
Everyone be sure and play along with their little control game..
I am sure ever thang be fine come Janrary.

Given most people don’t ask questions during a sermon...

It’s not a bad time for men to do a bit of study / service with their own family’s.
One would think that churches would be giving out some pamphlets on holiday study, discussion on key subjects, and basic conversation guides.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
Our church services are still going on. We've had some folks get sick and they got well. We've kept going. I waiting for the day if biden is sworn in. He will mandate closing the churches. If my church goes along with it they will no longer receive my tithe. We need to stand up to this and take our rights back. If they get away with a blatant ban on the 1st and 2nd Amendment the others will count as nothing.
most people but not all will give up their freedom for security every time. we've talked about it before on here. in a democracy or democratic republic votes count.

i'm disappointed in how the main stream churches have handled it, but maybe they felt pressure and had to bow down.

of course, if they had resisted, the media would have asked on what grounds are you resisting?

and the resisters would in all likelihood say: *....................................................*
Them telling folks that they can't go to church is just wrong.

It's alright to riot and burn the town down but noooo can't have folks go to church.

Here's a good option. Click on the upper left corner twice to take you to the channel and then bookmark it for future reference. Pick a topic you're interested in and have an open Bible in hand. If you decide to listen,
Let me know what you think.
Have a blessed weekend!

[video:youtube]https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCyKOmRIXvPlR2dFcj62v5VQ/videos[/video]
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Our church services are still going on. We've had some folks get sick and they got well. We've kept going. I waiting for the day if biden is sworn in. He will mandate closing the churches. If my church goes along with it they will no longer receive my tithe. We need to stand up to this and take our rights back. If they get away with a blatant ban on the 1st and 2nd Amendment the others will count as nothing.

Agreed. This morning I was thinking before my coffee about this issue too.
The population of America has already fallen to tyranny IMHO. The churches did not stand when it was easy. Now, it probably won't get any better in the future.
I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic after looking at the trends around the world.
Imagine that, sheep complying.
rituals are being challenged everywhere now.

folks working at home, outside, 6 feet apart.

bars, schools and restuarants shutting down.

zoom messages, the internet, change in the air.
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Them telling folks that they can't go to church is just wrong.

It's alright to riot and burn the town down but noooo can't have folks go to church.

We may be looking at this all wrong.

Instead of church, call it a “peaceful protest”, burn a few cop cars and some stores. That seems to be Kosher.

It’s all in the presentation, how it’s packaged.

DF
Posted By: UPhiker Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
All good Richard;

Listen to the lyrics !

You can worship anywhere.
Exactly. The problem is that some need to be seen praying. Just like all the people complaining about gyms being closed. They could exercise at home but it's important for them to be seen exercising and sweating.
Seen. or not gathering to worship is good.
Wow.
Seems like they are trying to cut collections..
Christmas is got t be the biggest once a year churchgoer night of all.
They should do a Christmas light/nativity competition on the grounds and just read the service over a PA while the congregation views the lights...
Posted By: rem141r Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
we go to a small church so the social distance horschit should be no problem. they haven't cancelled it yet but you never know. it was bad enough that our easter service was on a friggen zoom session with a bunch of old people saying "what button do i hit??", etc, etc. it was sickening yet mildly hilarious.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: No Church, till January. - 11/20/20
I would think that church goers and their leaders are in the strongest position to resist govt. overreach by simply ignoring the unconstitutional order and all go to church every Sunday. A non violent protest by the citizenry that could not be ignored nor suppressed. I am amazed that religous leaders are all not promoting this show of faith in belief over govt. and self.

I suspect that many are genuinely afraid to congregate due to fear of infection more than fear of govt. Part of our extended family are genuine believers and their very conservative church holds services every Sunday but attendance is running about 30% of normal and there has been no govt. action or threats.

Americans have been conditioned to respond to propaganda and ignore common sense.

mike r
God bless you all , just keep paying your tithes .
My mom passed end of September...

State mandate on Funeral Home limits

Same with the church...

We had the service at the homeplace...

NO LIMITS ON ATTENDANCE

and

I made masks optional.

The Lord Graced us with the MOST PERFECT OF DAYS.

"Ask and he shall provide"

Faith is action... NOT lip service.
Fuggin a.
Posted By: ledvm Re: No Church, till January. - 11/21/20
Our church just carrying on like normal.
Not in my town, Churches are still open here. We don't answer to men here.
I'm a bi-vocational pastor of a church in Mississippi.
We stopped having "attended services" in March like everyone else. We started recording and putting on facebook with just my wife and 1 deacon that recorded the sermon.

After 2 weeks, we decided a dozen people could attend and they took turns. Still no Sunday School, PM service or Wednesday Prayer Meeting.
First of July, we bumped that to 24 people.

August, we lifted the limit and just told people to wear a mask until they sit down..... and spread out. and started back having Sunday evening and Wednesday, but no Sunday School.

First of October, we resumed all activities as normal. Masks are required. Youth and children ministries back on Wednesday nights.

Attendance has been good, not what it was pre-covid, but good.

We've had quite a few churches in the area have to shut back down for a few weeks because their staff had covid.
after making above post, I read the 5 pages of the thread......

1. someone mentioned collections. Our tithes and offerings are actually ahead of last year and above this year's budget.
2. After missing services for 2 weeks in March, I believe our church will not repeat that mistake and would resist any government mandate..... but I'm kind of a rebel anyway.
3. Gathering for worship is important and mandated in Scripture. I know some want to be "seen praying" and that is surely wrong, but Christians
who willingly choose to not actively participate in worship and serve in the local church are out of God's will.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: No Church, till January. - 11/23/20
My mom passed end of September...

State mandate on Funeral Home limits

Same with the church...

We had the service at the homeplace...

NO LIMITS ON ATTENDANCE

and

I made masks optional.

The Lord Graced us with the MOST PERFECT OF DAYS.

"Ask and he shall provide"

Faith is action... NOT lip service.

I'm with you on this 100%.
I'd guess it's gonna get tough on us heathens, moral riff-raff, heretics and non believers too. Every political opinion and quoted pet load on the campfire will be accompanied by at least two paragraphs of scripture and a couple pointers on how to lead a righteous existence.
© 24hourcampfire