Home
Posted By: Jim in Idaho P-Mag survey - 11/20/20
Hypothetical question.

Let's say someone whom I barely know and never associate with bought a bunch of P-Mags earlier this year, AR-15 Gen 3 30 rounders, and that they are still sealed in the factory plastic bags. What advice would you give him?

1. Keep them sealed and sell them at some point next year when they will bring $250 or more each.

2. Load them all so they can be unloaded very quickly.

3. Half 1 and half 2.

4. Lose them in an unfortunate boating accident.

Again, this is just a hypothetical question for conversational purposes....
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: P-Mag survey - 11/20/20
Every one I have is loaded. All 2 of them. wink
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: P-Mag survey - 11/20/20
Well since you can still buy pmags , tell him to purchase another hundred or so keep in plastic just in case of shortage .

Get 20 or so metal mags to actualy use and keep loaded He can always borrow your backhoe .
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: P-Mag survey - 11/20/20
I'd be worried sick about the tax bill on those after Biden gets in office. I'd send them to a tax-free charitable organization to protect myself from the tax burden. My, I mean the organization's, address will follow in a PM.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: P-Mag survey - 11/20/20
Keep them in the plastic and bury them with your guns.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: P-Mag survey - 11/20/20
AR-15 mags should be fine. I think it's AR-14 clips that may be trouble.
Posted By: BigNate Re: P-Mag survey - 11/20/20
There are plenty of mags around, and nothing to put in them. If your "friend" is hoping to turn a profit on them, he should store them in dry storage or vacuum, and keep voting for the commies. Eventually he may turn a profit. Or not.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: P-Mag survey - 11/20/20
Load em up
Posted By: GeoW Re: P-Mag survey - 11/20/20
I think the mags that were short on the last crisis are still on hand as they, unlike ammo, can be easily reused. You won't see mag prices skyrocket as before. Just checked and Brownells has them on hand for $12!
Posted By: deltakid Re: P-Mag survey - 11/20/20
All I can say is how can they know how many mags your friend bought? He would have to fess up if it came to that situation. We already know that at least one judge has ruled that states cannot ban the mags, so there would be a pretty good fight.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: P-Mag survey - 11/20/20
have a bunch of 30 and 20, some 10 round military mags, none of that plastic stuff
Posted By: old70 Re: P-Mag survey - 11/20/20
One local Sportsman’s Warehouses still has three pallet sized bins full of them at $14. That also still have ARs in stock. If there is going to be a rush, we’re still a few weeks away I’d guess. Not much point buying one if you can’t feed it.

Old70
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: P-Mag survey - 11/20/20
Originally Posted by auk1124
AR-15 mags should be fine. I think it's AR-14 clips that may be trouble.

The thirty clip magazines are the most deadly variety, especially if the gun is set to full semi-auto.
Posted By: hanco Re: P-Mag survey - 11/20/20
Buy more
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: P-Mag survey - 11/20/20
I took this shot just before an unfortunate boating accident.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: stevelyn Re: P-Mag survey - 11/21/20
War is coming.
© 24hourcampfire