Home
With all the political misery I thought we could all say where're were from . I'm from an old . ancient farm bunch that is from Norway , and England . My fathers side and us have been here for well over 180v years . I have family in a graveyard just south of the farm I live at that have pre 1800 death dates . How about you guys and your home ground . Long live Western Missouri .
I meant to say birthdates . Sorry for my mistake .
Alrighty then
From MO as well. Family has been in north central MO since the 1820’s. Mom’s side was in the south central part before that. And it’s nice to live in. one of the free-er states and surrounded by people who think at least somewhat like I do.
Im located in SW Lebanon, Missouri although I am Floridian at birth and spent 8 years overseas in the Military. I have lived in MO for 25 years now.
I'm from several places, one of them where I'm at right now. Another is from Little Dixie...Salisbury, Missouri.
I have spent very little time there . I do remember the darkest woods I have ever walked in.
I am a yankee living in MO. I fit in.
Dang I didn't realize there were so many ol boys from Missouri on the fire. Some are even fairly close. I have lived in Bates county for a good part of my adult life. Moved to Henry county a few years ago.
Originally Posted by Torqued
Dang I didn't realize there were so many ol boys from Missouri on the fire. Some are even fairly close. I have lived in Bates county for a good part of my adult life. Moved to Henry county a few years ago.

Then that meansyou are just afew miles from me . I go to Butler and Clinton for just about everything .
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I'm from several places, one of them where I'm at right now. Another is from Little Dixie...Salisbury, Missouri.

I always figured you were one of the Fires good guys .
I grew up in central Missouri. Moved around a bit as a young man and lived in Chicago suburbs for about a year. Came back to Missouri and settled in a village that is surrounded by Kansas City. I’m only here for the money. I don’t know where I’m goin’ when I retire, but I ain’t staying here!

Edit for clarification: I may stay in Missouri, but not in KC.
I’m from the Burnt District also. Pleasant Hill in Cass County.
Live SW of St Louis now but have lots of family still there.
Originally Posted by savage24
I grew up in central Missouri. Moved around a bit as a young man and lived in Chicago suburbs for about a year. Came back to Missouri and settled in a village that is surrounded by Kansas City. I’m only here for the money. I don’t know where I’m goin’ when I retire, but I ain’t staying here!

Please stay away from Cass , Bates St. Clair and Henry Counties then .Go back to IlI .
NW Misery for most of my 68+ years. Be Well, RZ.
Originally Posted by carden1

My wife is from P -Hill.
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
NW Misery for most of my 68+ years. Be Well, RZ.

You be well too old timer. God Bless Missouri
My mom still lives in P-Hill. Have lots of family in St Clair, Bates, Henry, and Benton counties as well.
Originally Posted by MJones

I am probably undeserving of that compliment, but thank you anyway, sir.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Then that meansyou are just afew miles from me . I go to Butler and Clinton for just about everything .

I stop every morning in Harrisonville at QT and try to make it to Gun Barn when time allows. I'm guessing you probably frequent Everharts in Clinton.

Ive been to Mr Youngers resting place many , many times .

I stop every morning in Harrisonville at QT and try to make it to Gun Barn when time allows. I'm guessing you probably frequent Everharts in Clinton.

Oh heck yes . I bet I know you by golly . Ive bought tons of donuts at QT in Harrisonville . On my way to Lees Summit every morning . Don't run over the crazy homeless woman !
QT is by far the best convenience store chain I've ever encountered. A person could do worse than their food also. Usually good iced tea.

How many dimes did you see on Coles headstone ?
Hello , I to am from the great state of mo. we are in johnson county, just sw of warrensberg and se of holden. been crawling thru the woods and fields chasing about every kind of critter and hound you can think of all my years. glad to know there are some missouri folks on here, thats cool. ya,ll are naming all the secrets of our community. shhhh
QT is by far the best convenience store chain I've ever encountered. A person could do worse than their food also. Usually good iced tea.

I stopped on my why back 3 years ago from an elk hunt in West Texas in Parsons . No ice .Had a big cow and my wife had to pee . We got to Pittsburgh and all was good .
I have never lived in Missouri. My grandfather was born in Burlington Junction, MO and his grandfather (my 2x great grandfather) is buried in Quitman, MO - both in Nodaway County, north of St Joseph. So I do have some connection to Missouri . . .
Originally Posted by jar
Hello , I to am from the great state of mo. we are in johnson county, just sw of warrensberg and se of holden. been crawling thru the woods and fields chasing about every kind of critter and hound you can think of all my years. glad to know there are some missouri folks on here, thats cool. ya,ll are naming all the secrets of our community. shhhh

Holde or Chilhowee ?
Originally Posted by Otter
I have never lived in Missouri. My grandfather was born in Burlington Junction, MO and his grandfather (my 2x great grandfather) is buried in Quitman, MO - both in Nodaway County, north of St Joseph. So I do have some connection to Missouri . . .

And I loveArkansas . Shot hogs there years ago and still go down there . Thank You sir .
Originally Posted by jar

Neverthought that deal . The pussies wont live around us though . See ya in Quik City .
Missouri seems nice....I guess.

At least the parts with out any people.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

We got parts with no people Come visit .Desolation abounds boy .
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Its like Deliverance but with bigger cranks . Farm welfare is everywhere , I'm sure you understand .
No,no.

I would like to see that part of the country some day.

Even if its more crowded than here......
Originally Posted by jar

You're not far away either. I am north of Clinton.
Otter I have family in Rogers.
Originally Posted by jar

You're not far away either. I am north of Clinton.
Otter I have family in Rogers.
I ate at Lamberts once, that and went to Bass Pro and Budweiser and Grants Farm, learned about a drunk guy that sucked as a farmer, had a frost in June, married a Busch. Or something like that.

Also stopped at some drive thru zoo and some buffalo giraffe thing burped in my driver’s side window wantin my ice cream cone.

And Branson too, but it sucked.

From southeast MO. Wife’s job brought us here, Carthage MO 3 years ago....it works,.I guess

I hunt more in Missouri than I do in KS... or I mean fish.

Typically Blues on Truman, Spoonbill on the Osage, Duck ... both sides of state line.

I’m a “yank” by birth, but the rednecks in MO seem to accept me as one of their own, probably because I’m a half decent shot at Trap and rifles.
Originally Posted by slumlord
I ate at Lamberts once

They beam ya' with a roll? grin
Southwest Missouri here , Webster county. And yes there’s too many people

I don't recall if there were any there that day or not. I've been there a few times. Been to Col. Quantrill's grave in the Confederate cemetery in Higginsville and George Todd's grave in Independence. Bloody Bill's grave too.
Is that in kansas?
Originally Posted by wagner
From southeast MO. Wife’s job brought us here, Carthage MO 3 years ago....it works,.I guess

Better than where ya came from I guess . or go back .
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Is that in kansas?

No . Lees Summit , Mo .
My step-dad and step-mom are from Missouri, no relation.
Is that in kansas?

DUDE !
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Is that in kansas?

DUDE !
Legit question. Cole "vacationed" in Kansas a few times. I believe he said Lawrence especially, was a fine place to visit...though he wouldn't want to live there.
South East Missouri here
I have lived in southwest Missouri, Still got family there. Its a joy tot hunt there.
Used to live in Pickering.......NW Missouri......always enjoy visiting my friends there.
My mom is from Hayti, Missouri. My dad from Grundy, Virginia. Yeah, I don't know how they met either.

Anyway, after the Army took us all over, KU Med recruited my wife so we've settled in Kansas just over the line from Missouri. Though she works for KU, ironically, my wife graduated from Mizzou.

Most of my friends, for whatever reason, live on the MO side of the border so I hunt and fish there a lot.

Missouri is definitely on the short list for retirement. wink
Been to Missouri a lot, especially to Sikeston, buy tractor and combine parts............and yes, I've eaten at Lambert's.
Boys if you leave Lamberts hungry it's your own fault.
I grew up 17 miles, by country road, from Salisbury (where Ethan Edwards is from), probably about 15 miles as the crow flies. Chariton County. Still have a LOT of family there. Dad's farm is about 3 miles southwest of the Linn/Chariton/Macon county corner. It gets more crowded there every year, but there's still a lot of deer/turkeys/squirrels up there to chase after.
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by slumlord
I ate at Lamberts once

They beam ya' with a roll? grin

I seen em drill the piss outta some 80 year old lady. Knocked her coke bottle thick glasses off into her mashed potatoes.
Southern Missouri here, eastern edge of the Ozarks, Reynolds-Carter-Wayne counties,,
Boys if you leave Lamberts hungry it's your own fault.

I skipped the okra-n-tomatoes 🤮🤮
Pettis county here and related to the Younger's on my Mother's side of the family.Their Mother and my Great,Great Grandmother were Fristoes... cousins I believe.
My 90 y/o aunt Mary remembers her Great Grandmother talking about " the Boys" and how that she had met Cole but I don't know if she ever met Jim,John or Bob. John was killed while a teenager.
'
Northwest MO, family farm straddles the Worth/Harrison county line. Now live just north of the border in Iowa.

3 greats grandfather and pregnant wife left Indiana in 1839 headed for Kansas to homestead. They were on foot, traveled on their own, everything they had was loaded on one horse that they led. Had to stop for winter and built a cabin in Harrison county.. Stayed a while.
North of the "Show Me State", in NW Iowa here.
Born and bred, and yes it is getting crowded.
My brothers..............

What is the meaning of the dimes?
Raised in central MO. Now living just south of KC.
When I moved to KC I thought Missouri was odd about their politics...

Then I noticed their DNR / Department of wildlife is about 500 times better than the one in Kansas.

After which I saw some of the Cass County polictical crazy ness... and now years later - I get it...
Originally Posted by carden1

My wife is from P -Hill.

PM incoming
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
Born and bred, and yes it is getting crowded.

Especially where you are.
The Missouri River makes up a couple miles of the southern border of our little dirt farm.
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
When I moved to KC I thought Missouri was odd about their politics...

Then I noticed their DNR / Department of wildlife is about 500 times better than the one in Kansas.

After which I saw some of the Cass County polictical crazy ness... and now years later - I get it...

I agree with you about the DNR. I lived in Anderson county Ks from 3rd grade all through high school. Have a lifetime license for Kansas,but haven't hunted there for a few years. Used to spend a ton of time on the public ground in Linn county. To many hoops to jump through to go go there now.
In 1882 my great great grandfather David Lewis lived in Sun Prairie Wisconsin. He went west and homesteaded in Mina South Dakota, with his son James Harry.
If you stayed on the land for 7 years, and farmed it and built a house, you got a quarter section for free. 1/4 of a square mile. So they both had a quarter section.
And James Harry had 8 children and the Lewis family was a big force there in little Mina by 1923, when my father was born.

The Depression hit in 1929, and even worse, the Dust Bowl. Dad said it didn't rain for 3 years and even worse, it didn't snow. An agricultural catastrophe.
The Lewis families packed up and left, went west to Seattle and east to St. Paul.

I went to Mina in the year 2000 to see the old Lewis homestead. Hell, I was even thinking I might try to buy one of the old farm houses, and just move in.
It was gone! During the Dust Bowl, the houses were sold, they jacked them up and put them on wheels and moved them away.
All that was left was the foundation, it was made of rocks piled up.
And the well. Six feet diameter, and sixty feet deep, brick lined. That was something, to think of great grandfather James Harry digging that well by hand in 1883.

My grandfather Frank Lewis was the station master at the silo at the railroad tracks in Ree Heights SD. I went over there and his office, although it closed fifty years ago, is still there. I walked in the door and grandpa Frank's leather chair was still there, the scale is still there. The only remnants of the Lewis family in South Dakota.
Lived in Missouri my last two years of HS as my Dad was stationed at Fort Lost in da Woods. My folks retired to a small sleepy town outside the fort, then moved up to the Northwestern part of the state. Over the past 30+ years I've hunted some mighty fine deer in MO! Turkey hunting outside of the Mark Twain National Forest was outstanding.
Originally Posted by limofarm
Southwest Missouri here , Webster county. And yes there’s too many people

Likely your talking about those 25 Democrat votes that were cast in the last election. Were trying to activate a plan to relocate them to Chicago. GW grin

can't see myself ever living east of the Divide

I'm from the Ozark's. I hunt and fish in counties that are mostly public ground for the entire county, populations of people under 10k, with good populations of deer, turkey, hogs, bears, the occasional big cat, wild elk and even a herd of wild horses. I'm related to a fellow named Sam Hildebrand. If you don't know who he was, his rifle was named "Old Kill Devil" and Sam reportedly personally killed over 100 Union soldiers and spies in retaliation for the burning of his farm and murder of his 13 year old brother by northern troops. Quite a story. The Ozarks are not a bad place to be.
Texas County born and bred since the 1840's. Moms side of the family came for the timber. Family rumor has it Dads family were on their way to California when their wagon broke down in Missouri, and they never got around to getting it fixed. Thank God for breakdowns.
I grew up in St. Francois County. Moved out after high school but the family is still there. Went to college in Rolla. Best college for having access to public land. I could be fishing for trout, bass, or be in a tree stand in 15 minutes. There was a reason engineering school took 5 years instead of 4.
Born and raised in the Savannah, MO area. We are a bedroom community of St. Joseph, you know the whole Pony Express and Jesse James thing that made us “famous “😃
Our town is nice but St Joe is getting sketchy. Lots of bums and the pork plant has attracted many “foreigners “. I like it here for the most part. Easy access to Missouri River where I spend a lot of time when I can.
We've had a place in Worth CO. for nearly 50 years, just an old house where my wife's family lived on and off that we had bought for a 'touch base' while in uniform but never used personally. Lots of family around Albany.
Originally Posted by jar

Holde or Chilhowee ?

south of holden north of chilhowee just west of magnolia. have you ever heard of that lil community?
I went to grade school in Montrose—Henry County—a little south of Clinton.
Left in ‘63 and went back for a visit in 2018–coal company rearranged the topography some.
Biggest difference in 50 years—a lot less agriculture and a lot less people
Lot of my Foster clan are around Montrose and Appleton City.
Did not receive a PM 10 gauge.
Originally Posted by jar
Originally Posted by jar

Holde or Chilhowee ?

south of holden north of chilhowee just west of magnolia. have you ever heard of that lil community?

You bet . My dads family is over around there too . I'm not far from LaTour.
Originally Posted by kkahmann
I went to grade school in Montrose—Henry County—a little south of Clinton.
Left in ‘63 and went back for a visit in 2018–coal company rearranged the topography some.
Biggest difference in 50 years—a lot less agriculture and a lot less people

Landscape near Montrose is looking different now. KCPL/EVERGY mothballed Montrose Power Plant in January of '19. Stacks were demolished Aprilish of this year and the unit is being demolished as well. Supposed to be going 3feet below grade. Haven't been by there lately to see how it looks now.
Wow! Some nice deer taken. I’ve been skunked. Out right now and raining a pretty good lick. Glad I’m in an enclosed tower blind. smile
I haven't talked myself into going to my ground blind. Going to the shop in a bit and killing a few sky carp when they come into the strip pit on the north side of the place
Originally Posted by Heeler
Wow! Some nice deer taken. I’ve been skunked. Out right now and raining a pretty good lick. Glad I’m in an enclosed tower blind. smile

Crap. I posted this in the wrong thread. Lmfao
SW MO , roughly half way between Springfield and Joplin. Forever .
I had family that moved to SW Missouri in the early 90's. Dad and his wife lived in Sparta and my brother and his wife settled in Spokane and had a couple of boys. I visited a few times and enjoyed the area and the people.
South central Iowa. My fathers side came here just after the Civil war. One of my great grand mothers was born on the castle grounds of Stirling Scotland and her husband came from Belgium. They arrived off the east coast of the USA in a sailing ship they bought and paid for in Scotland. They were forced to stay off shore for several months until the Federal Government said they could leave the ship.. They arrived in south central Iowa just after the turn of the 20th century via covered wagons. Another grandfather was born in rural Madison county in a stone house that still stands today in 1877. His mother and father arrived here from Kentucky or Tennessee from what I understand.

kwg
Live in East Central MO and been on Covid quarantine and deer hunting in Central MO. The sign on Granny’s Farm says Established 1882. Nobody lives there anymore but I still hunt it. Never left my little town and work there every day

KC
Originally Posted by hosfly
Southern Missouri here, eastern edge of the Ozarks, Reynolds-Carter-Wayne counties,,

Poplar Bluff here

My sons live in Clifton Hill and Huntsville.
Originally Posted by ldholton
SW MO , roughly half way between Springfield and Joplin. Forever .

That's where both "The Warden" paternal grandparents came from - but never met until both of their families were near Clayton, NM.
I did some time at Leonard Wood, and have been around quite a bit of the state.
St Louis, KC, Columbia, Springfield, and East Prairie come to mind.
© 24hourcampfire