Home
Posted By: Bristoe BE-86 powder - 11/21/20
I've got a line on several sealed 1 pound canisters that I can get for a good price. Its burning rate is just a bit slower then Unique.

I'm interested in anything anybody who uses it can tell me about it,..especially how well it meters. If I buy it I'll be using it in .38 spl. +P and .380.
Posted By: ldholton Re: BE-86 powder - 11/21/20
Meters just fine , fairly clean too. I do have formulas for 380 and 38 Special it shot acceptable it. It excels in 9 mm in 40s
Posted By: BtailHunter Re: BE-86 powder - 11/21/20
I've been loading it as I would Unique. Only ones I speed checked where the 5gr loads, not a nickels difference between the two with a 155gr SWC cast (Lyman 358477).

So I've been loading it the same as Unique.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: BE-86 powder - 11/21/20
Thanks. I've been using AA#5 for .380 and .38 and I like it very well. But like many things, it's gotten almost impossible to find. Although it's a bit faster than AA#5, I'm hoping that I can find the spot where BE-86 will serve as well as AA#5. Most of my .38 spl loads are well on the warm side. I keep .380s pretty standard.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: BE-86 powder - 11/21/20
From what I've read, I thought it would behave pretty much like Unique.

Thanks.
Posted By: BtailHunter Re: BE-86 powder - 11/21/20
I have no idea about the 380, sorry.

I've loaded it a bit higher in the 38. It's hard to find something that doesn't work in the 38, but the BE86 seems to work well. I need to load some 175's with it, after deer season.
Posted By: Jedi_Swagger Re: BE-86 powder - 11/22/20
https://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/Powder.aspx?powderid=38
Posted By: scoony Re: BE-86 powder - 11/22/20
I just picked up a canister of it to replace Unique that I can't seem to find. Have not tested it out yet as I have quite a bit of 9mm loaded up already. There are still a few canisters locally, but I think I am good for the amount of primers I have on hand.

These guys seem to like it for 9mm

http://www.natoreloading.com/9mm/

I did realize that I will run out of 223/308 powder before I run out of SR and LR primers so picked up a few more pounds of whats still available around here. Really starting to dry up around here.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: BE-86 powder - 11/22/20
Originally Posted by scoony
I just picked up a canister of it to replace Unique that I can't seem to find. Have not tested it out yet as I have quite a bit of 9mm loaded up already. There are still a few canisters locally, but I think I am good for the amount of primers I have on hand.

These guys seem to like it for 9mm

http://www.natoreloading.com/9mm/

I did realize that I will run out of 223/308 powder before I run out of SR and LR primers so picked up a few more pounds of whats still available around here. Really starting to dry up around here.

That's a good link. Thanks.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: BE-86 powder - 11/22/20
Doesn't BE86 have a flash suppressant in it? I believe I recall hearing that somewhere.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: BE-86 powder - 11/22/20
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Doesn't BE86 have a flash suppressant in it? I believe I recall hearing that somewhere.

Yeah.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: BE-86 powder - 11/22/20
I've used it in 9mm & 45 ACP..............works fine, reasonably clean; not my 1st choice in either.

Have not tried it in the 38 but since it's pretty similar to Unique as well as PowerPistol, it should be pretty good.

If the price is good, I'd get it if you need powder.

MM
© 24hourcampfire