Home
Brother in law calls this weekend from rural La Paz Co Arizona. Mexican guy swipes late model pickup from brother in law's buddy's yard about 5 pm. The swipee, late 70's in age, in a Jeep, pursues the swiper Mexican in stolen pickup, hot pursuit about 10 miles at high speed on 2 lane highway. The swipee is a very experienced off road racing competitor and he performs a PIT maneuver and the stolen pickup spins out of control off the highway. Mexican swiper flees scene into a pistachio orchard...in the meantime the swipee has called the brother in law, he arrives at the scene, .44 Blackhawk in hand, says, I'll see if I can apprehend the Mex...you stay here until the sheriff arrives. So 74 yr old bil is not keeping up with the Mex, he fires a shot in the air and hollers 'alto'...to no avail, Mex can't drive too well but he can run. Cops nab Mex a half hour later, hitchhiking. Cutting most of the dialogue out, cops issue speeding ticket to the swipee, chew ass over endangering the motoring public, temporarily confiscate the bil's Blackhawk to "check legal ownership" and chew ass about the dangers of firing a firearm in the air in farm country where people could get hit when the bullet returns to earth. Mexican released on 3,000 bail and has disappeared already. Land of the free, and home of the brave. Free stuff and brave wetbacks.
Posted By: MAC Re: Tale of dealing with the cops - 11/23/20
Welcome to the DEM utopia.
SNAFU

The normal for the last couple years.
Posted By: Dess Re: Tale of dealing with the cops - 11/23/20
Should have invoked "No habla LEO". They were just waiting for someone to incriminate themselves.
I guess the moral of the story is to not shoot in the air?
Is the Sheriff a democrat or a republican?
Dementia Joe's open border policies will help middle class Americans. Ask the Dems on here
This surprise you? Cops are scared of Mexicans just like you are.
Originally Posted by Dutch
I guess the moral of the story is to not shoot in the air?
No, the moral is "don't talk to cops". That's what lawyers get paid for.
Messing with the white guy won't likely spark a riot.
Sucks they let the thief off so light. That being said,

What does being an off road racer have to do with knowing how to safely execute a pit maneuver? Is that thing they do? I might have found a sport worth watching!
The orchard was a good place for that thief to take up permanent residence as fertilizer.
So they did their job and a judge set his bail too low? I mean you do understand Police Officers do not set bail or even determine if bail is appropriate....or are you that retarded?

Cops caught'em and arrested them. They didn't arrest your dumbass friend or take his [bleep] boomer gun.

Grow the f uck up also tell the moron to lock his [bleep] ford and to not leave the keys in it.

Will the insurance pay for damage to the truck given the circumstance that the owner initiated the collision?

Also, was the truck a Ford? My Ex BiL has had two Ford trucks stolen from in front of his house, says they prob’ly have YouTube’s telling you how to do it.
Posted By: 79S Re: Tale of dealing with the cops - 11/23/20
Don’t worry when this country over ran with illegals again, people in Arizona will slap their foreheads and go we done ph ucked up. Trump
Made it too safe for them folks down there..
He was supposed to find out today what the insurance wanted to do, rear bumper bent up, right rear fender dented, not crumpled. Yes, it is a 2016 Ford F250.
A more cynical person might observe, La Paz county is always teetering on broke, so set the bail low enough so the Mex can get a bond, Mex skips, County gets 3 grand, issue a speeding ticket to the swipee, County probably gets another couple hundred from the ticket, County is only out about 80 bucks 24 hr for per diem for Mex, most of which is reimbursed by the state AZ. No court or prosecution costs. Net profit, around 3 grand Mex gone. Maybe insurance fixes pickup. Mrs Mex and los ninos never miss a meal. Jesus, what a system.
Them border counties are as corrupt as the ones on the other side of the border.
Motor vehicle theft is a low level property crime. He’s lucky he got an azz chewing and not a charge for reckless driving or worse.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Tale of dealing with the cops - 11/23/20

Here in S.Texas, the illegals are running all over our place, we are seeing 6 to 10 almost every day, the border is open again. they know no one will stop them, just like when O'Butthead was Pres. Rio7
Originally Posted by flintlocke
He was supposed to find out today what the insurance wanted to do, rear bumper bent up, right rear fender dented, not crumpled. Yes, it is a 2016 Ford F250.
A more cynical person might observe, La Paz county is always teetering on broke, so set the bail low enough so the Mex can get a bond, Mex skips, County gets 3 grand, issue a speeding ticket to the swipee, County probably gets another couple hundred from the ticket, County is only out about 80 bucks 24 hr for per diem for Mex, most of which is reimbursed by the state AZ. No court or prosecution costs. Net profit, around 3 grand Mex gone. Maybe insurance fixes pickup. Mrs Mex and los ninos never miss a meal. Jesus, what a system.

'xactly. Bootlickers can't see this because their eyes are always on the ground.
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Motor vehicle theft is a low level property crime. He’s lucky he got an azz chewing and not a charge for reckless driving or worse.

It also sounds like BIL talks too much.
The Mexicans love Ford pickups. My Mom had a nice F150 and she wanted me to sell it for her. I put it on craigslist.
A day later, now I am talking to the guy on the phone in Spanish, he says "Quiero El Lobo comprar!"

"I want to buy The Wolf!"

I say "No tengo no Lobo, tengo un coche de Ford."

So I am telling him it is not a dog or wolf it is a pickup truck. I couldn't get him to quit talking about the damn wolf.
Next day another Mexican calls up and he wants a wolf. I finally figured out, the Mexicans have a love affair with Ford pickups and they call the F150 "El Lobo."
I am not sure what the call the F250.

Anyway it is like a Negro and a watermelon, the Mexicans just can't keep their hands off of a Ford pickup.
Originally Posted by Sprint11

It also sounds like BIL talks too much.

That can be true or false depending on the situation. I’ve had people talk and it made me realize a change of behavior happened and didn’t warrant any further action. If they had been quiet, I might not have arrived at that decision and they would have gone to jail. On the other hand, it has also sealed the deal on an arrest on many occasions.

Its like 90/10 that waiting for a lawyer is the best bet.
I thought stealing a vehicle was a felony?
Motor vehicle theft is a low level property crime.
If you’ve ever had an expensive car or truck stolen, you know there ain’t nuthin’ “low level” about it.
Originally Posted by blindshooter
”Grand theft auto is the grand theft of an automobile—a felony in all states.”

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/car-theft-laws.html#What-is-Grand-Theft-Auto?
did he leave the key in it?
Originally Posted by rem141r

Obviously
Originally Posted by antlers

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/car-theft-laws.html#What-is-Grand-Theft-Auto?

Not true. Some states do not have a specific statute for vehicle theft, so it comes down to the vehicle's value that determines whether or not it's a felony or misdemeanor.

For example if the theft or larceny statute states that any property theft over 1k is a felony, as long as the vehicles value is over 1k it's a felony theft charge.
If you’ve ever had an expensive car or truck stolen, you know there ain’t nuthin’ “low level” about it.

I deal with rapists, murderers, wife beaters, people that sell drugs to peoples kids. Theft of an insured motor vehicle, while a personal loss, doesn’t rise to the level of what I would call serious. It’s certainly not worth killing somebody over.

I deal with rapists, murderers, wife beaters, people that sell drugs to peoples kids. Theft of an insured motor vehicle, while a personal loss, doesn’t rise to the level of what I would call serious. It’s certainly not worth killing somebody over.

Or killing someone that just happened to be driving by when Ivan Stewart decided to do a pit maneuver...

I couldn't disagree with you more. Somebody that steals my car deserves to be shot, just like horse thieves were hanged in the old west.
I wouldn't shoot a car thief, because I don't want 10 years in the State Pen, but they certainly deserve to be shot.
You ain’t seen nothing yet. The illegals are flooding the border. They are counting on a Biden win. Then the RINO’s in the senate for an amnesty. Hasbeen.
THREE WORDS: Sic Semper Tyrannis.
I wouldn’t fight anyone trying to steal a vehicle from me. Have a nice day and I’ll call my insurance agent tomorrow to file a claim.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Not true. Some states do not have a specific statute for vehicle theft, so it comes down to the vehicle's value that determines whether or not it's a felony or misdemeanor.
For example if the theft or larceny statute states that any property theft over 1k is a felony, as long as the vehicles value is over 1k it's a felony theft charge.
The term “grand theft” refers to the theft offense occurring when the stolen property exceeds the state’s limit on petty theft.

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/grand-theft-auto-lawyers.html
Living in a border state where thousands of trucks are stolen a year and shipped down the Mexico. Surprised he didn't use more security.

Just a property crime. Not worth risking your life especially due to liability. Thats just a fact of life in Democratic America

Or killing someone that just happened to be driving by when Ivan Stewart decided to do a pit maneuver...

The goobers that chased the thief should be thankful that they live in a jurisdiction that doesn't prosecute stupid.

mike r
Kids deserve a second chance. Anybody who has reached the age of 25 or older who is still involving himself in major theft needs to be removed from the gene pool.
What does the value of car have to do with anything? Stealing someone's ride should carry the same penalty.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

I couldn't disagree with you more. Somebody that steals my car deserves to be shot, just like horse thieves were hanged in the old west.
I wouldn't shoot a car thief, because I don't want 10 years in the State Pen, but they certainly deserve to be shot.

I see where you are coming from. Fair is not always the same as legally sound. If I could do what I thought was right or fair, I’d cycle through a lot more duty ammo.
Just wait till they knock on your door for not wearing a mask in your own home, too many people in your own home, and .....
Brother in law calls this weekend from rural La Paz Co Arizona. Mexican guy swipes late model pickup from brother in law's buddy's yard about 5 pm. The swipee, late 70's in age, in a Jeep, pursues the swiper Mexican in stolen pickup, hot pursuit about 10 miles at high speed on 2 lane highway. The swipee is a very experienced off road racing competitor and he performs a PIT maneuver and the stolen pickup spins out of control off the highway. Mexican swiper flees scene into a pistachio orchard...in the meantime the swipee has called the brother in law, he arrives at the scene, .44 Blackhawk in hand, says, I'll see if I can apprehend the Mex...you stay here until the sheriff arrives. So 74 yr old bil is not keeping up with the Mex, he fires a shot in the air and hollers 'alto'...to no avail, Mex can't drive too well but he can run. Cops nab Mex a half hour later, hitchhiking. Cutting most of the dialogue out, cops issue speeding ticket to the swipee, chew ass over endangering the motoring public, temporarily confiscate the bil's Blackhawk to "check legal ownership" and chew ass about the dangers of firing a firearm in the air in farm country where people could get hit when the bullet returns to earth. Mexican released on 3,000 bail and has disappeared already. Land of the free, and home of the brave. Free stuff and brave wetbacks.

That sound rugged up but not the least bit surprising. Who ratted on him for firing a shot?
Sounds like an incredible amount of poor decision making. Fortunately no one was injured. If I did that on duty I'd be taking an unpaid vacation at the very least. But then I am a commie, libtard boot licker so I'll get that out of the way for the heros here.
Patrick
Where is the incontrovertible evidence of speeding? Because he said he was? Doesn't Moranda apply? Did the thief say they were speeding? How does he know if the speedometer on a stolen truck is radar or laser accurate? He doesn't, and the police are too late on the scene to clock any speeders. Wilfully colliding with another MV may cause some issues.
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I wouldn’t fight anyone trying to steal a vehicle from me. Have a nice day and I’ll call my insurance agent tomorrow to file a claim.

Good point. Is a car worth your health? Probably not. If your insured properly, it’s about like fighting over water.
Dodge 268,

You forgot jack boot. I've been called that too. emergency lights, a badge and a siren don't make it lawful to do some of the things that were done that night for sure.

Stay safe, and quit leaning to the left. grin
I wish the truck would have flipped and kilt the sumbitch. Crime is out of control and not taken seriously any more.
Reading the opinions here, This has been an eye opener for me. Were bad decisions made that afternoon? Certainly. But us old guys are still struggling with the new parameters, and the old mind set that the deputy is on your side. Protect your property is an antiquated possibly dangerous undertaking, call the cops, let them deal with it, call the insurance company, let them deal with it. The PIT maneuver was dumb in retrospect, the sweepee admits, it was really dumb to go into the orchard and try to herd the Mex back to the deputy. It was dumb to tell the truth the warning shot was fired. But us old guys living in remote areas like that don't think like folks in urban or suburban settings. We fix our own stuff, solve our own problems, to some degree try to maintain some independence, we try to avoid going to town,living just like we always have. Right or wrong, it's the way we are, but cheer up urbanites, we'll all be dead in another 10 or 20 years.

You're making assumptions about who else was on the road. And you know what they say about assumptions rights?

They say you're a fuqing moron when you assume.

Fuqing drama queen.
Posted By: jimy Re: Tale of dealing with the cops - 11/23/20
Originally Posted by mirage243
I wish the truck would have flipped and kilt the sumbitch. Crime is out of control and not taken seriously any more.

The only way to make it more satisfying would be if he had been trapped in a slowly burning truck and you got to hear him calling for help, in spanish of course ! laugh
And here comes copperqueen, the toughest of all tough girls. Be careful, (s)he'll call you names and question your bravery. All from the safety of a keyboard......
Originally Posted by jimy

The only way to make it more satisfying would be if he had been trapped in a slowly burning truck and you got to hear him calling for help, in spanish of course ! laugh

I like the way you think.
Originally Posted by copperking81

You're making assumptions about who else was on the road. And you know what they say about assumptions rights?

There didn't have to be any other motorists on the road for that action to be as retarded as your are. Which it was....which is "turbo retarded".

Carry on queeny
should have shot him.
Originally Posted by copperking81

There was someone in the stolen car, wasn’t there, you [bleep] oxygen thief?
Originally Posted by rem141r

Obviously

?? My Ex BiL didn’t, either one.

Sorry Gooch, but there are some folks out there that just NEED killing !
Deterence comes into play.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
should have shot him.

Ain’t deadly force legal in Texas to stop felony theft of your property?

I wouldn’t do it over a vehicle, but people have shot thieves from apartment balconies who were breaking into their vehicle and been legal.
Reading the opinions here, This has been an eye opener for me. Were bad decisions made that afternoon? Certainly. But us old guys are still struggling with the new parameters, and the old mind set that the deputy is on your side. Protect your property is an antiquated possibly dangerous undertaking, call the cops, let them deal with it, call the insurance company, let them deal with it. The PIT maneuver was dumb in retrospect, the sweepee admits, it was really dumb to go into the orchard and try to herd the Mex back to the deputy. It was dumb to tell the truth the warning shot was fired. But us old guys living in remote areas like that don't think like folks in urban or suburban settings. We fix our own stuff, solve our own problems, to some degree try to maintain some independence, we try to avoid going to town,living just like we always have. Right or wrong, it's the way we are, but cheer up urbanites, we'll all be dead in another 10 or 20 years.

No worries, coulda woulda shoulda applies of course but at the end of the day the thief didn’t get a truck and no good guys got hurt.

Whisky for your men and beer for your horses 😎
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Sorry Gooch, but there are some folks out there that just NEED killing !
Deterence comes into play.

It would be neat to see how that would play out for a weekend.
Like it or not:

Sounds to me like the cop covered all the bases. Thats why theyre not too popular. The immigration issue is one problem that needs to be taken care of. Shooting into the air and driving wrecklessly
are another issue thats illegal. Two separate issues, two separate responses.

My son is a cop and says that the only time you should ever discharge a weapon during a confrontation/burglary/etc is when/if your life is in danger. Someone running away poses no immediate threat.
Originally Posted by AZmark

My son is a cop and says that the only time you should ever discharge a weapon during a confrontation/burglary/etc is when/if your life is in danger.

Just because your son is a cop doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to shoot a mf'er for stealing your sheit.
Originally Posted by 19352012
This surprise you? Cops are scared of Mexicans just like you are.

Ain't scared of Mexicans. But scared of idiots like you that would have it illegal to defend yourself and your property.

Should have shot the thief and left him for the buzzards like they used to do.

My son is a cop and says that the only time you should ever discharge a weapon during a confrontation/burglary/etc is when/if your life is in danger.

Just because your son is a cop doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to shoot a mf'er for stealing your sheit.

Yea, Id like to also, but shooting someone for stealing your sheit that poses no threat or bodily injury will get you behind bars in most states, then you would become some bigger guys biatch. Just the way it is, tough guy.

Yea, Id like to also, but shooting someone for stealing your sheit that poses no threat or bodily injury will get you behind bars in most states, then you would become some bigger guys biatch. Just the way it is, tough guy.

Running your suck on the web is easier than facing reality. Thank your son for showing up in real life.

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Running your suck on the web is easier than facing reality. Thank your son for showing up in real life.

mike r

Really?
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

Really?

Ditto....Running your suck on the web is easier than facing reality.
© 24hourcampfire