Home
Brother and I had these. Heck of a lot of fun but we could have shot our eye out. shocked Much time looking for the plastic bullets we'd shot and double loading greenie stickem caps. Our first go at reloading.
I had a shooting shell pistol and rifle, and broke both of them. Still have my Fanner 50 that shot the roll caps, and the holster.
I got a Mattel rolling block Christmas 1963!!! Shot them little ctgs and greenie stickem caps real well.
I remember when cokes were a nickel
Remember those toy guns that shot those little plastic disks? I think it was marketed as a Star Trek Phaser. Very cool.

Here it is. Found it. I had one of these back around 1970.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

I had several Colt SAA cap guns, too, but none that actually shot a projectile, other than one that shot rubber bands.
i remember when a lid was 30 bucks
Damn, that Mattel revolver musta been before my time!
I’d have never made it to adulthood if I’d had one! grin
7mm
Me and my brother both had the Mattel M16. Other than the magazine (which was oversized due to containing the sound effect mechanism) looked identical to the real one. No red tip, either. Wish I had preserved it. In good shape, they go for over $500.00 today.

[Linked Image from thumbs.worthpoint.com]
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Damn, that Mattel revolver musta been before my time!
I’d have never made it to adulthood if I’d had one! grin
7mm

You can still get one: ebay

That one is the basic cap gun version, though. The Shootin' Shell version is harder to find.
I wish I had my old cap guns. Also I had a sort of rifle that shot ping pong balls. Probably considered too dangerous today.
I used to hide in the clothes racks at the stores when mama shopped. Make her have to go page me from the customer service desk.

I would take straight pins out of the shirt collars and shove them
Into the crotch of women’s slacks hanging on the racks.

Mama used to tear my ass up
I had the Mattel shooting shell derringer in the belt buckle, aka Palidin style.
Mine.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That was some fancy gun spinnng for his age. You couldn't see his face. I'm guessing it was someone a bit older for that scene.
Originally Posted by rem141r

I remember when a lid was 15 bucks, 1/4lb 45.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Remember those toy guns that shot those little plastic disks? I think it was marketed as a Star Trek Phaser. Very cool.

Here it is. Found it. I had one of these back around 1970.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

I had several Colt SAA cap guns, too, but none that actually shot a projectile, other than one that shot rubber bands.

I still got one. No discs though.
I had those twin Fanner 50’s with plastic bullets and greenies. They were freakin awesome.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I had the Mattel shooting shell derringer in the belt buckle, aka Palidin style.

I had the set that that came in. The rolling block rifle didn't shoot for tschidt as the bullet would lose all energy and sense of direction while bouncing from side to side down the barrel. The revolver didn't shoot much better. The little derringer shot quite well. Our living room always smelled like cap powder.
Yeah, but that was bunkweed. Nothing like the stuff they grow these days.
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Originally Posted by rem141r

I remember when a lid was 15 bucks, 1/4lb 45.
Which side did you fight on in the War Between the States?
Thanks for posting that video. I recall them well. Except by that time I already had the hots for a BB gun. A silver Colt single action six shooter using roll caps had been my go to for a few years and I wanted something with a little more power than some harmless, underpowered projectile propelled by Greenie Stickem Caps. I think Mattel sold a lot of them, though.
My brother and I got what looked like a muzzle loader that shot cork round balls .you put a round cap like thing on the lock and out the barrel the ball went we had a blast till all the ball were lost. Also had a bazooka where you dropped the round down the barrel on a rod type thing. Pulled the charging handle (spring) and pulled the trigger. Even came with a cardboard block house to shoot at
I had an M65 Atomic Cannon, "Atomic Annie" that was trailered between two tractors. Had a swivel base and shot plastic projectiles impressive distances.
Have an old Rifleman game.

Think they only made them for 2 years.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Hahaha.....................I remember me and my 2 brothers having those in the early 60's. And yep we spent alot of time looking for the bullets too. Those probably would be banned today.

When I was in 8th grade I got a Daisy Pump model 26 slide action bb gun. Man I was deadly with that. My older brother was quite a bully so one time I got after him with the bb gun and got him right in the back about 6 or more times in a row as he ran across the highway. He was wearing cowboy boots and couldnt run very fast. My dad saw it an I got a whipping and the gun taken away for a month or better. Id do it again then and Id do it again now. smile
5sdad
I had a similar canon by Hubley. I think it was called Big Mo!
I got the Fanner 50 - after I already had a 22. smile smile smile
© 24hourcampfire