Home
So, what is the REST of the story? 50 Cal, or just journalists not having a clue about ammo? 20,000 rounds, for what?

https://cdllife.com/2020/feds-seize...mor-and-ammo-from-california-truck-yard/

Federal agents arrested three people last week in “what is believed to be the largest single seizure of cash, narcotics and ammunition” in the Southern District of California.

The arrests and seizures were made on November 20 at an undisclosed truck yard in San Diego, California, following a years-long investigation into associates of the Sinaloa Cartel conducted by the Drug Enforcement Administration, Homeland Security Investigations, the San Diego Sheriff’s Department, San Diego Police Department, and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of California.

During the raid, agents say that they seized approximately $3.5 million in bulk U.S. currency, 685 kilograms of cocaine, 24 kilograms of fentanyl, and approximately 20,000 rounds of .50 caliber ammunition and hundreds of body armor vests from the truck yard.
That's a lot of loot!
Jesus Burgos Arias, 32, Juan Alatorre Venegas, 44, and Jose Yee Perez, 54, all Mexican nationals, were placed under arrest and charged with Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute a Controlled Substance.

aka dreamers
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
That's a lot of loot!

24 kilos of Fentanyl is roughly equivalent to 2 TONS of heroin. Yeah, that's a lot of smack.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Jesus Burgos Arias, 32, Juan Alatorre Venegas, 44, and Jose Yee Perez, 54, all Mexican nationals, were placed under arrest and charged with Conspiracy to Possess with Intent to Distribute a Controlled Substance.

aka dreamers

look like more doers than dreamers.....
Y’all think those 50 cal ammunition can be traced? I would say 29 Palms.
That might take a day or two to use up.

I'm out. Will the Feds sell me some? smile

But then I'd have to buy a gun to fit.
Ammunition - the currency of the new millennia.
Sinaloa Cartel, 3.5 million in cash, 685kg of cocaine and 24kg of fentanyl......thinking the 20,000 rounds was just a bonus. 😉
I’m just wondering, how much does 50 cal sell for? it’s not cheap here, anyone have a ballpark figure?
One of the LGS has a distributor forcing him to take an ammo box of 50cal with every order..Or so his pitch went..

Maybe they have a bow mounted .50 for their import boat?
Damn. Big money
What's worth more....the coke of 50 cal?
Originally Posted by mauserator
I’m just wondering, how much does 50 cal sell for? it’s not cheap here, anyone have a ballpark figure?

if .30-30 is going for $2.50 a round.....

skys the limit
What's illegal about having 20K rounds of ammunition?
Originally Posted by DMc

Might have been the coke?
I wonder what the rest of the story is. Dope is often used to support another agenda. No way that much 50 cal is for gang rivalries. Thinking Reconquista.
Originally Posted by Armednfree
I wonder what the rest of the story is. Dope is often used to support another agenda. No way that much 50 cal is for gang rivalries. Thinking Reconquista.

The only thing I can come up with is that it was intended for the backhaul into Mexico for "political" or "business" purposes there. But that's a WAG.
They were good boys working their way through college.
#outforajog
50 cal is still normal prices and available. $4-$5 a round for cheap ball, $7-$8 for target laugh

20k rounds is worth $80k . Nothing compared to the value of the drugs.
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

Guy said the ammo box of .50 cost him $250ish
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

Guy said the ammo box of .50 cost him $250ish

Small box.
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Armednfree

The only thing I can come up with is that it was intended for the backhaul into Mexico for "political" or "business" purposes there. But that's a WAG.

I think you nailed it. wink
I would rather have the money. grin
Pallets of drugs &/or cash? They've been doing that for decades.

But 50 cal. indicates something bigger, doesn't it? Rival gangs now using armor? OK, counter. But seems they're upping their game for more than just punching a hole in rival gang members.

I might be paranoid at times, but not usually. Thinking that living near the border is only gonna get more dangerous.
They do the work Americans wont do...
Originally Posted by DMc

The folks possessing it were listed as Mexican nationals.
Originally Posted by DMc

The ammunition is not illegal. It's a matter of the ammunition being with the drugs.
Where are the .50 cal machine guns the cartels own? With so many agencies involved, hard to believe there was not a leak to the cartels.
© 24hourcampfire