Home
Posted By: gemby58 Visit today - 11/28/20
I was paid a visit by a state fire marshall today, seems someone made a complaint. Now I need to getvrid of powder to be in compliance, didnt know 102 pounds of varget, 27 pounds of h4895, 52 of cfe223, 25 pounds of big game, 23 pounds of blue dot, 31 pounds of rl26, 29 pounds of rl19, 21 pounds of rl17, 20 pounds h4350 the list goes on was excessive. Think I got to sell some off
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Wtf is going on in Pennsylvania?
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Well being the gentleman that I am ,,, I can take some off your hands grin
Posted By: OldHat Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Primers?
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Put it in a box and bury it till you need it.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Great state.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Wtf is going on in Pennsylvania?

Heck if I know
Originally Posted by OldHat
Primers?

Didn't see my primer stash, he didn't like my ammo stash
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Googled...

Interesting
Originally Posted by Kenlguy

PA is not a good place to bury flammables.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia_mine_fire
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
How in the hell would anyone know how much powder you have?

Someone in your neighborhood go stupid on you?
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
What a joke.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by Remington6MM

Snitches get stitches

One of my friends, or so call friend
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Googled...

Interesting

What did you google?
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by Kenlguy

PA is not a good place to bury flammables.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia_mine_fire

Centralia is 39 miles from me
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by gemby58

Looking out for the common good, Comrade. And indicating where they stand.
Posted By: Adirondack69 Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
What Statute did he refer you to?

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/US/PDF/1937/0/0537..PDF

Section 10. Every person, company, or corporation
manufacturing, storing, selling, transferring, dealing in, or in
any manner disposing of any explosives, shall keep, in a book
for that purpose, an accurate record of all transactions with
the date thereof relating to the receiving and disposing of the
same, which record shall show the amount of each such explosive
received, by whom transported or conveyed, and each and every
sale or other disposition made of such explosives with the
amount thereof, and the name of the person to whom delivery of
the same was made, who shall be required to receipt therefor.
Such record shall at all times be open to the inspection of any
duly authorized representative of the Commonwealth.
Section 10.1. (a) Possession and storage of commercially
manufactured black powder (in quantities not to exceed ten
pounds), percussion caps, safety and pyrotechnic fuses, matches
and friction primers, intended to be used solely for sporting,
recreational, cultural purposes in antique firearms or antique
devices as defined in § 921(a)(16) of Title 18 of the United
States Code shall be exempt from regulation by the Department of
Environmental Resources.
(b) Possession and storage of smokeless powder, primers used
for reloading rifle or pistol cartridges, shot shells,
percussion caps and smokeless propellants intended for personal
use shall be exempt from regulation by the Department of
Environmental Resources.

Do you run a commercial enterprise at the location where you keep this supply?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
We have a volunteer FD, they bring marshmallows
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
You serious?
Posted By: smarquez Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
How did he get in your home? I never ever inspected the inside of anybody's home. We only ever inspected the outside of a property for a fire hazard or a complaint. We did apartmennts but only to look for properly functioning smoke alarms and on looked in unoccupied units.
Posted By: OldGrayWolf Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Someone did that to me, they better never sleep and be able to watch everything they own all the time. It would cost them severely.

Also, anyone showing up at my door, regardless of uniform, best have a signed warrant with affidavit attached, or they don’t come in. Depending on what it’s about, and their attitude, they still may not be allowed in.
Originally Posted by smarquez
How did he get in your home? I never ever inspected the inside of anybody's home. We only ever inspected the outside of a property for a fire hazard or a complaint. We did apartmennts but only to look for properly functioning smoke alarms and on looked in unoccupied units.

My shop, they can inspect
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
I was paid a visit by a state fire marshall today, seems someone made a complaint. Now I need to getvrid of powder to be in compliance, didnt know 102 pounds of varget, 27 pounds of h4895, 52 of cfe223, 25 pounds of big game, 23 pounds of blue dot, 31 pounds of rl26, 29 pounds of rl19, 21 pounds of rl17, 20 pounds h4350 the list goes on was excessive. Think I got to sell some off

You put stuff like this on the 'net,

and then you wonder how people know about it?
crazy
Originally Posted by Kenneth

You put stuff like this on the 'net,

and then you wonder how people know about it?
crazy

👍
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Visit today - 11/28/20

I’d invite him over for coffee and break his [bleep] nose.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
f-ck them and I'd be after the son of a bitch that reported it.
Posted By: brassman Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Take it out of your shop and to the house- problem solved. Remember, you have to have 15’ between stacks of 150k of primers(control area). Don’t ask me how much that cost me!
Posted By: Adirondack69 Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by brassman
Take it out of your shop and to the house- problem solved. Remember, you have to have 15’ between stacks of 150k of primers(control area). Don’t ask me how much that cost me!

Is this a state law (Oregon) or Federal?
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
there is recommendation for storage by fire marshals

they may have authority over your business, it may vary by state.

if you move it somewhere, you need to observe SSS

(shutup, shutup, shutup)

10-3.7 Smokeless propellants intended for personal use in quantities not exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg) may be stored in original containers in residences. Quantities exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg), but not exceeding 50 lb (22.7 kg), may be stored in residences if kept in a wooden box or cabinet having walls or at least 1-inc. (25.4-mm) nominal thickness.

10-3.8 Not more than 20 lb (9.1 kg) of smokeless propellants, in containers of 1-lb (0.45-kg) maximum capacity, shall be displayed in commercial establishments.

10-3.9 Commercial stocks of smokeless propellants should be stored as follows:
(a) Quantities exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg), but not exceeding 100 lb (45.4 kg), shall be stored in portable wooden boxes having walls of at least 1-in (25.4-mm) thickness.
(b) Quantities exceeding 100 lb (45.4 kg), but not exceeding 800 lb (363 kg), shall be stored in non portable storage cabinets having walls of at least 1-in (25.4-mm) thickness. Not more than 400 lb (181 kg) may be stored in any one cabinet and cabinets shall be separated by a distance of at least 25 ft (7.63 m) or by a fire partition having a fire resistance of at least 1 hour.
(c) Quantities exceeding 800 lb (363 kg), but not exceeding 5,000 lb (2268 kg), may be stored in a building if the following requirements are met:

The warehouse or storage room shall not be accessible to unauthorized personnel.
Smokeless propellant shall be stored in nonportable storage cabinets having wood walls at least 1 inc. (25.4 mm) thick and having shelves with no more than 3 ft (0.92 m) separation between shelves.
No more than 400 lb (181 kg) shall be stored in any one cabinet.
Cabinets shall be located against walls of the storage room or warehouse with at least 40 ft (12.2 m) between cabinets.
Separation between cabinets may be reduced to 250 ft (6.1m) if barricades twice the height of the cabinets are attached to the wall, midway between each cabinet. The barricades shall extend at least 10 ft (3m) outward, shall be firmly attached to the wall, and shall be constructed of 1/4-inc. (6.4-mm) boiler plate, 2-in. (51-mm) thick wood, brick, or concrete block.
Smokeless propellant shall be separated from materials classified by the U.S. Department of Transportation as flammable liquids, flammable solids, and oxidizing materials by a distance of 25 ft (7.63mm) or by a fire partition having a fire resistance of at least 1 hour.
The building shall be protected by an automatic sprinkler system installed accordingly to NFPA 13, Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems.
(d) Smokeless propellants not stored according to (a), (b) and (c) above shall be stored in a Type 4 magazine constructed and located according to Chapter 6.

Reprinted with permission from NFPA495-85, Standard for the Manufacture, Transportation, Storage and Use of Explosive Materials, (c) 1985, National Fire Protection Association, Quincy, MA 02269.
Posted By: AZmark Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Would love to be of help....Mail me some of it to AZ and I'll take it off your hands.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
People suck!

Do you know who the schitbird is?
Originally Posted by 12344mag
People suck!

Good idea after thinking about it but I need to know for sure
Posted By: marktheshark Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Thats interesting as Ive never heard of a "state fire marshal" here in PA that wasnt a sworn PSP Trooper and have been in the fire service for 25+ years. The State Police have troopers cross trained and certified as fire investigators who are often referred to as PSP Fire Marshals. These are the most "official" fire marshals in the state I know of. Local fire departments and municipalities can appoint their own fire marshals but if they are not also sworn LEOs that are members of the municipal PD they usually have no duties or authority other then fire origin investigations and cant bring criminal charges etc themselves, they must refer to sworn LEOS, or codes officials and usually bring in the PSP Marshals on suspicious fires. In some of the cities like Philly, Reading etc, fire marshals may have more codes official type duties/authority as well as fire investigations, but I know of no State level marshals other then the PSP ones who have any jurisdiction or authority statewide.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by 12344mag
People suck!

Good idea after thinking about it but I need to know for sure

Yup Gotta find out for sure and then Fire and Brimstone Baby!
Posted By: deflave Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
What’s really shocking is that you live in Pennsylvania.

LOL
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Do they force themselves upon the Amish in the same fashion?
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Visit today - 11/28/20

Ok, now we know who to blame for the shortages.
Originally Posted by marktheshark
wasnt a sworn PSP Trooper

Bingo!! What do we have for the winner johhny
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
buy a shed.. Penna. sucks.. That is why I left 50 years ago.. Sorry you didn't see the light.. Look around for the nearest prick that voted for
Biden..
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
buy a shed.. Penna. sucks.. That is why I left 50 years ago.. Sorry you didn't see the light.. Look around for the nearest prick that voted for
Biden..

There all down in Philly and Pittsburgh
Posted By: deltakid Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
In my suspicious mind, you have now been tagged for close watching, and, who knows, maybe a red flag complaint. Seems to be what happens when your state has a red flag law - people who do not know anything about you other than you are a hunter/shooter, and complain about "all those mean old guns laying around waiting to do mischief."
Posted By: BtailHunter Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Biden..

There all down in Philly and Pittsburgh

Does believing that BS make you sleep better at night?
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Visit today - 11/28/20

I have a stash of my own........

U got me beat though....... cry
Posted By: irfubar Re: Visit today - 11/28/20
You should move to Calif....... oh wait... never mind wink
Posted By: smarquez Re: Visit today - 11/30/20
Originally Posted by smarquez

My shop, they can inspect

Did they tell you you could build or buy a magazine for your powder? Would it be worth it to you?
https://www.securallproducts.com/explosive_material_storage_magazine.asp
Posted By: smarquez Re: Visit today - 11/30/20
[quote=deltakid]In my suspicious mind, you have now been tagged for close watching, and, who knows, maybe a red flag complaint. Seems to be what happens when your state has a red flag law - people who do not know anything about you other than you are a hunter/shooter, and complain about "all those mean old guns laying around waiting to do mischief." [/quoteIt's It's all just nosy ass, know nothing Karens. My wife's trainer stopped taking in rescue horses because idiots would drive by and see a horse she was rehabbing and would call animal control on her. It happened more than once. It got very deep one time and that shut her off completely. This is in Norco, Ca AKA Horsetown USA. People that don't live or visit Norco doing stupid stuff.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Visit today - 11/30/20
Dats rite boy, get off playin on the internek and start diggin a hole for that powder
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Visit today - 11/30/20
Gemby I need RL26 when you're ready.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Visit today - 12/01/20
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Gemby I need RL26 when you're ready.

I sell you some
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Ok, now we know who to blame for the shortages.

The only problem is varget would only last me a year or year and 1/2, it depends if we get back the normal matches after this covid bs. 308's eats alot of varget, just picked up 3 more pounds from wal mart last friday
Posted By: Redneck Re: Visit today - 12/01/20
NO idea on PA. laws, but around here anything over 25 pounds must be stored in a certain-sized wood box and away from the home.. (IIRC).

Did they say anything about storage rules??
Originally Posted by Redneck
NO idea on PA. laws, but around here anything over 25 pounds must be stored in a certain-sized wood box and away from the home.. (IIRC).

Yes metal powder magazine, I'm moved all powder out of the shop connected to my house out to my Indoor shooting range and I'm storing it in an old gun safe. And that's out on my farm no reason for him to be there unless I have a fire

Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Visit today - 12/01/20
It sucks that you got outed but you can make your own magazine.

In a metal one just make sure the top is able to blow if it does go off,pressure you know.

I would be very careful about who gets to see/know what i had after this.

I bet they will not come around for a spell because they will feel guilty.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Visit today - 12/01/20
Originally Posted by Redneck

Yes metal powder magazine, I'm moved all powder out of the shop connected to my house out to my Indoor shooting range and I'm storing it in an old gun safe. And that's out on my farm no reason for him to be there unless I have a fire

Isn't powder in a pressure building vessel kind of the recipe for a bomb?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Visit today - 12/01/20
They want it in a ‘loose’ cabinet. I may not be expressing properly.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Visit today - 12/01/20
Doesnt matter for me anyway. Our FD is stupid, they wouldnt draft a my uncle’s swimming pool to douse his house fire.

Fireman told me “thars kloorene in that pool wortah, its danjerus”
Posted By: smarquez Re: Visit today - 12/01/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
Doesnt matter for me anyway. Our FD is stupid, they wouldnt draft a my uncle’s swimming pool to douse his house fire.

Fireman told me “thars kloorene in that pool wortah, its danjerus”

That is stupid. The fire code here was amended in 1995 or so after the Kinneloa fire in Pasadena and Old Topanga fire in Malibu. Pools and spas over 4000 gallons need to be plumbed to the street and marked for FD access.
The super scoopers and all the helicopters use sea water along the coast. They also use all kinds of nasty reclaimed water on inland fires. Plenty of pools get cleaned out too.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Visit today - 12/02/20
I'd pay for some of that.
Seriously.
Posted By: WVGuy Re: Visit today - 12/02/20
Sign me up for some Varget. I can pick it up if the quantity and price justify.

Warren
Posted By: Folically_Challenged Re: Visit today - 12/02/20
Originally Posted by WVGuy
Sign me up for some Varget. I can pick it up if the quantity and price justify.

Warren

I smell a 24 HCF gathering coming in central PA. Will we need to label it a peaceful protest? 🤔🤔🤔

FC
Posted By: Scotty Re: Visit today - 12/02/20
I hate it when people can't mind their own business.
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Visit today - 12/02/20
Good Ol CA, it’s a mere 24# maximum allowed per household.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Visit today - 12/02/20
Originally Posted by Scotty
I hate it when people can't mind their own business.

Yes me too, figured out who it was, well my wife did. He just lost a place to shoot, he can go to public ranges and mind there bussiness now. Told him last night he is no longer welcome here and I will have him arrested for trespassing if he steps foot on any of my properties. He didn't say a word but ok, didnt even try to defend himself.
© 24hourcampfire