Home
Posted By: Folically_Challenged $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Was told this was, "smooth". Inasumch as there's little bouquet, palate, or finish, I suppose they're correct. It really drinks like a < $20 bourbon, but there's no harshness.

I keep wanting to find an offering that might give me a reason to stray from my old stand-by bourbon of $31, but I'm not finding one.

FC
Posted By: Ducksanddogs Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20
What's your standby?
Posted By: BtailHunter Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20
Basil?

When I really want to just sip bourbon I open the wallet for Bookers. Daily is 101
Posted By: AKduck Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20
Thanks for the review. Was wondering myself.
Posted By: slumlord Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20
Had an old man tell me WT rare breed was smooth. Tasted like bongwater to me. But oh well

*gag* 🤮🤮
Posted By: dale06 Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
Had an old man tell me WT rare breed was smooth. Tasted like bongwater to me. But oh well

*gag* 🤮🤮

Had the same experience
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
What's your standby?

Russells Reserve, just the regular 10 year. I prefer it to the single barrel.

Originally Posted by BtailHunter
...Daily is 101

I can't like this one - too spicy at the end for me. The only Turkey products I care for are Rare Breed & Russell's. I find much to appreciate in the nose & body, but a nice smooth finish at the end.

FC
Posted By: AKduck Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20

*gag* 🤮🤮

Haha, I've a bottle sitting on the shelf. Exactly 1 glass poured out of it.

*gag* 🤮🤮

I don't doubt you for a second. Just goes to show how different we all are. I'm the weirdo that doesn't care at all for Weller or Pappy.

FC
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
What's your standby?

...Daily is 101

I can't like this one - too spicy at the end for me. The only Turkey products I care for are Rare Breed & Russell's. I find much to appreciate in the nose & body, but a nice smooth finish at the end.

FC

See, I don't like Russells, that's how things go.

That said, if I was a rich man I'd be drinking Bookers all the time.
Basil?
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20
Tasted like bongwater to me.

*gag* 🤮🤮

I never took that dare
Posted By: EdM Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20
Posted By: longarm Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20
Pretty hard to beat Woodford Reserve for the price ($30-35).
Posted By: Teal Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20
I'm so pedestrian.

Bulleit almost 100% of the time.
Posted By: antlers Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20
I like Bulleit as good as any. But my hands down favorite is Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve. Love the stuff.
Originally Posted by longarm
Pretty hard to beat Woodford Reserve for the price ($30-35).

I've come to like Woodford more & more, since I toured their place.

Originally Posted by EdM

I'm gonna have to try this one. I usually only drink Dickel in hog hunting camp in GA, 'cause the locals are so fond of it. I've not had the bonded version, however.

FC
Originally Posted by EdM

I've been looking for this for as long as I can remember. Grew up drinking Dickel white. Used to chew on a coffee stirrer when my folks would have people over on the weekends and sneak some of the old man's Dickel & ginger ale when no one was looking. Special place in my heart for Dickel. I always keep a few bottles of white around, but have never seen the Bottled in Bond on a shelf. Hell, I don't even know what it retails for, but I'll buy the first few bottles I see.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20
I sent an Army Captain off to Afghanistan with a fifth of Bookers a few years ago. From what I hear it was a big hit.
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
What's your standby?

...Daily is 101

FC

Have you tried/can you get Eagle Rare? Might be a shade over $31/bottle, but I was getting bottles for $33 when I was in Texas. I think it has a similar flavor as that Russell's, except maybe the Russell's has a bit more rye/spice on the tail end.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20
Eagle rare
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20

*gag* 🤮🤮

You're s'posed to be smokin' the weed, not drinking the damn bongwater!
Posted By: deflave Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20
If you like vodka don't buy a liter of Zyr.

Because you'll drink it in an hour.
Posted By: EdM Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20
Originally Posted by EdM

I've been looking for this for as long as I can remember. Grew up drinking Dickel white. Used to chew on a coffee stirrer when my folks would have people over on the weekends and sneak some of the old man's Dickel & ginger ale when no one was looking. Special place in my heart for Dickel. I always keep a few bottles of white around, but have never seen the Bottled in Bond on a shelf. Hell, I don't even know what it retails for, but I'll buy the first few bottles I see.

What I pay.

https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/a...-2008/p/231125750?s=504&igrules=true
Posted By: antlers Re: $40 of , "Meh..." - 12/01/20
Damn. That’s dirt cheap. If it’s good stuff that’s a helluva deal.
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by EdM

What I pay.

https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/a...-2008/p/231125750?s=504&igrules=true

Can't see me leaving a store with less than 6 at that price. Assuming I ever find any. I see No. 12, No. 8, and the Rye quite a bit, and I have a bottle of the Barrel Select on the shelf, but have just never come across a Bottled in Bond.
Originally Posted by deflave
If you like vodka don't buy a liter of Zyr.

Because you'll drink it in an hour.

Not a huge vodka fan, but I can certainly abide it in the right circumstance. Stoli usually gets me in far less trouble than most others. How does it compare to Zyr?

FC
© 24hourcampfire