Home
Posted By: wabigoon Pumping up tires - 12/01/20
If you don't have any, get one of these, a snapon air chuck. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Pumping up tires - 12/01/20
They are handy for big tires.

I keep 4-5 various chucks in the pickup toolbox. And of course a few stems and cores.

Fricken tires are a never ending battle!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Pumping up tires - 12/01/20
Yes Sam, there different types, of course.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Pumping up tires - 12/01/20
Looks to be better made than my el cheapo one. They are very handy to use.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Pumping up tires - 12/02/20
I must have deleted the picture of the chuck fastened with a twisted chain. I reamed a flat washer to take the 1/4 threads, and braized the chain to the washers.
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Pumping up tires - 12/02/20
I built a two tire lead with a harbor freight regulator in the middle and clip on chucks on the ends. Filling and deflating 35x12.5's gets old quick. It's not super accurate so I fill about 5 lbs short and top it off with a gauge I trust.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Pumping up tires - 12/02/20
Tire pressure gauge

I have a couple of these - one in the shop and one in the toy hauler... They've been OUTstanding..
Posted By: las Re: Pumping up tires - 12/02/20
I have 4 or 5 of the "mechanical " type. Generally I just average 2 or more......Good post, Lee.

That's going to be an add-on on the next order.
Posted By: Salty303 Re: Pumping up tires - 12/02/20
I've got a cheap 20 ys Chinese fitting with a gauge and a broken keeper on the business end because I don't have quite enough irritation in my life.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Pumping up tires - 12/02/20
Originally Posted by Salty303
I've got a cheap 20 ys Chinese fitting with a gauge and a broken keeper on the business end because I don't have quite enough irritation in my life.

Hey, someone has to do it.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Pumping up tires - 12/02/20
I get similar lever ones at Bill’s Wholesale. For about $2

They are similar to Harbor Freight.

I have my 60 gal kobalt in the main shop
5 gal campbell hausfeld in the jeep shed
And a 5 gal harbor freight compressor on the carport

I hate dragging hoses, I just put a compressor in every bldg 😃
Posted By: 5thShock Re: Pumping up tires - 12/02/20
Was looking for an inflator with gauge but found this and so many i can't decide which to get...

inflators
Posted By: chris_c Re: Pumping up tires - 12/02/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If you don't have any, get one of these, a snapon air chuck. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Just don't clip it on a bike tire and walk away LOL
Posted By: Salty303 Re: Pumping up tires - 12/02/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
I get similar lever ones at Bill’s Wholesale. For about $2

They are similar to Harbor Freight.

I have my 60 gal kobalt in the main shop
5 gal campbell hausfeld in the jeep shed
And a 5 gal harbor freight compressor on the carport

I hate dragging hoses, I just put a compressor in every bldg 😃

I was going to plumb in a decent compressor when we got this place but I ended up going nuts on Milwaukee M18 tools instead. drivers drills, saw, 1/2" impact etc etc. So, I'm stuck with my schitty old portable and even schittier end which I need to replace that thing, GMAFB. Hardly ever use it tho.
Posted By: hanco Re: Pumping up tires - 12/02/20
I have one, but it’s worn out.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Pumping up tires - 12/02/20
Working on a related problem. I had to upgrade to 1/2" hose in the shop to run a pot sandblaster. The pressure drop was too much during extended work. If the media is not +400mph it doesn't cut much.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Pumping up tires - 12/02/20
Originally Posted by SamOlson
They are handy for big tires.I keep 4-5 various chucks in the pickup toolbox. And of course a few stems and cores.
Fricken tires are a never ending battle!
I saw a bumper sticker that said "IF IT HAS TIRES OR TITS IT WILL CAUSE YOU GRIEF"
Posted By: KFWA Re: Pumping up tires - 12/02/20
if there is a nail in the road, my wife will find and drive over it until its stuck in the tire.

she has that gift
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Pumping up tires - 12/02/20
Those little three gallon compressors from Harbor Freight are handy. I bought one about 10 or 12 years ago thinking that it might last a year or two. I've used it a lot. I keep expecting the pump to freeze up on it, but it just keeps going.

For how little they cost, it's worth having one even if you have a large compressor. Just plug them in until they're pumped up, then grab the carry handle a take them to wherever you need them.
© 24hourcampfire