Home
I didn’t realize they were so expensive,
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/885380701

Ronnie
last of the Mohicans
Wished i had a bunch to sell at that price.

Not bad for a 500-600 dollar rifle. wink
Originally Posted by Fanofthefortyone

Ronnie

Only 7 minutes left, hurry up and get in your bid. Sheesh.
Over 6 million 336's have been made, those are idiots paying panic prices
Originally Posted by 700LH
Over 6 million 336's have been made, those are idiots paying panic prices

Maybe gazillionaires throwing a few pennies at a toy. You never know someone's story.
1800 for a $400 rifle????
It doesnt surprise me at all on Gunbroker. It's like they use Pesos on that website.
That must be some high dollar glass .
I heard gun prices were going way up but is this a joke ? Like Rick mentioned; what kind of scope is on it ? A Nightforce ??
Someone thinks the last of the Remlins will be a collectors item ?
gone for $1801; but you acn still get this 1895 45-70 for $2495, starting bid. With no pic

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/885980565
Originally Posted by plainsman456

Yeah, but, this one had that really nice scope.
Originally Posted by slumlord
1800 for a $400 rifle????

$400.... I didn't give but $125 for mine and it's a Texan. But, it didn't have that nice 32mm scope.
Irrational; if the Pres doesn’t continue to hold the Oval Office it’ll only get worse.
Sportsman's Warehouse here had one, lonely, beat up box of .338WM ammo on the shelf. I have said caliber rifle,, and might have bought it (Remington Corelokt 250 gr), but not at $84!!! That's pure gouging bullshit.

I've got about 35 loaded rounds, and components for 50-60 more. If I take care, I'm good for the next 10 years, and by that time I won't care.
Good money if you can get it
Originally Posted by efw
Irrational; if the Pres doesn’t continue to hold the Oval Office it’ll only get worse.

It's gonna get worse.
This is only the beginning if that treasonous puppet slime grifter gets into office.
Wow! I got a Remlin 336 30-30 and I'd break your arm snatching 1800 dollars out of your hand for it. LOL! Hell I'll throw in 2 boxes of ammo.

Gunbroker has always been pretty bad. The whole place seems to operate on the "It only takes one idiot" principle. I can't tell you how many times I have seen people buy a one or two year old gun from there and pay 200 more dollars than they would have paid for a brand new one of the same type. All the while proclaiming that they "WON" the auction. You didn't win chit. You purchased a gun. And paid way too much for it. LOL!
Gunbroker has gotten ridiculous. I was watching a Ruger RLS tang safety in .308. Good condition, with a $200 Leupold scope. It sold for $2200!!
I hate using Gunbroker, but I have a couple rifles that could go at these prices.
Shill bidders. Just like they do on eBay to drive up prices.

Watch closely, the same rifle will be back up for sale within a week by another seller.
It's supposed to be brand-new 2020 production in factory box and the MSRP on that is $785.00
Crazy to pay that much for a gun that is only unavailable on a temporary basis

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/lever-action/model-336/model-336c-scoped
Good time to be a capitalist......
These prices would make my Winchester >$5000.00,,, LOL
Hell, it looks like I'll get to retire early at this rate.
Gun stores are full of nice used ones up here...Jm guns for less that $350. Buddy just got a minty 70s gun in 35

I hate them personally
It's almost as bad as going to the local DNR auction where the sell confiscated guns. People paying $450 for a beat up Rem 870 express. Have you not been to a store...ever?
Damn ,yesterday I turned down a Marlin for $400 , maybe I need to rethink that .
I still have the one I bought in 1968, Local Big Box Store ( long ago forgot it's name) had a sale on them.
$68 in 1968. , oil finish walnut stock, 35 Remington cal., also bought a Redfield 4X wideview.
Still have the gun and it shoots pretty darn good for a 52 year old rifle, pretty accurate for shots under 100 yds', wonder what that's worth.
Originally Posted by kelbro

Watch closely, the same rifle will be back up for sale within a week by another seller.

Great point.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Good time to be a capitalist......

Damn right.. Supply and demand!
Good luck finding food for it.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by kelbro

Great point.

No it isn't. I actually sell on Gunbroker and some of my stuff goes way high and I can guarantee you I don't have shill bidders.
What's the difference between a 336A and a 336C?
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

My Walmart has 160 rounds of 30/30, normally $16.97, in the spot for 300WSM which are $39.97. I haven't told anyone because I am going to get me 160 rounds of 30/30 for 25% off at our employee shopping night. I dont even own a 30/30.
Originally Posted by 19352012

My Walmart has 160 rounds of 30/30, normally $16.97, in the spot for 300WSM which are $39.97. I haven't told anyone because I am going to get me 160 rounds of 30/30 for 25% off at our employee shopping night. I dont even own a 30/30.

Makes sense now, I figured you for a washed up Walmart greeter.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by efw

It's gonna get worse.

Yes sir.
Originally Posted by mirage243

Makes sense now, I figured you for a washed up Walmart greeter.

Thank you for thinking about me.

You gotta do what you got to do... Find shelf space for the 30-30 regardless! wink
Originally Posted by watch4bear
last of the Mohicans

that's a damm RemLin

look at the S/N

'MR'

Real Marlin here

Bid now !

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/885945915
Originally Posted by plainsman456

I bought mine for about $125 dollars back in 1978 at the main PX on Ft. Lewis , Wa. It's still a deadly little gun!
Originally Posted by GeoW

You gotta do what you got to do... Find shelf space for the 30-30 regardless! wink

I'll buy some 30-30 if I can find it. I don't have one but my son has been expressing interest. And, I'm going to start helping a friend get into reloading and he has a 30-30. He's not much of a gun guy so doesn't really actively look for it until hunting season.
“Yeah, but it’s a proven rifle.” That was the line a friend of mine got at a gun show when he asked the guy why he was selling his used rifle for higher than new retail.
I normally don't buy factory hunting ammo but I bought 10 boxes of rem 150g cor lock 30-30 earlier this year because I couldn't find brass. I shot 1 box up just to make brass. I've since found some brass so I'm thinking about putting the other 9 boxes on gunbroker. The stuff is bringing about $50/box right now.

Bb
When is employee shopping night? Does it vary between stores? How often?

Wife’s nephew works there. I’ll get lil chubby to hook me up with some Moon Pies. Them thangs sustain life in a deer stand 😃
I had to think a few second if I still had a 30/30 😂

nope, its gone
A lot of those marlins where built by Rossi .
Originally Posted by Fanofthefortyone

Ronnie

No reason to get to the price, because there are two problems with this listing. 1. Marlin 2. .30-30 Winchester. 1+2=crowbar. I recommend a substitute. Winchester lever gun in kal. .307 (basically a rimmed .308 Winchester). Used rifle about $800+/-100 and soft point ammo is actually available for purchase at about $2 per round.
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
A lot of those marlins where built by Rossi .

ain't never heard that
© 24hourcampfire