Home
Posted By: Higginez Pretty great gift idea - 12/02/20
I was looking for a battery the other day and our entire collection in a shoe box was gone and one of these was in the cupboard.

Why didn't I think of this!!!????

Genius.

https://www.amazon.com/Ontel-Batter...WX28JHVGTZ&qid=1606874357&sr=8-5
Posted By: g5m Re: Pretty great gift idea - 12/02/20
They are very neat.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Pretty great gift idea - 12/02/20
*batteries not included*
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Pretty great gift idea - 12/02/20
Saw that product recently in a Christmas catalog from some obscure mail order catalog my wife gets. About the same price, too. Kind of a neat thing to have and I was tempted to get one cause I liked the idea of the battery tester. But I already have certain dedicated battery storage areas in the man cave and wondered if I should just get a battery tester and be done with it.
Posted By: skeen Re: Pretty great gift idea - 12/02/20
That is a pretty neat idea.
Nice clear top to see the little bastids leaking.
The last energizers I opened were leaking and the use by date was like 5 years away.
Posted By: sandcritter Re: Pretty great gift idea - 12/02/20
Have long had a simpler, smaller, trailer park grade of a battery organizer with tester and, to my chagrin, the catch is one be becomes slave to the organizer, so now i have the organizer screwed to the wall (by the breaker panel; logical, right?), but still have a shabby cardboard box of batteries nearby that feeds the organizer’s inventory, and i still don’t always have what i need. Modern problems.....

Devolves into the Lampoons Christmas Vacation where Clark van’t get the Christmas light working scene from there.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Pretty great gift idea - 12/02/20
i’ll hold out for Battery Daddy, Jr

i dont have enough to fill that one up

The last D batteries I needed for an LED lantern, I stole them from work.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Pretty great gift idea - 12/02/20
Much more fun to rummage around in an old box and guess if the wife put dead batteries in with the fresh ones. Guess I like to live on the edge.
Life is like a big box of batteries - you never know which one won't work...

Is it a good idea to have the button batteries loose like that shown in the photo - can't they short out under the right circumstances?
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Pretty great gift idea - 12/02/20
Obsoletes my cardboard box!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Pretty great gift idea - 12/02/20
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Much more fun to rummage around in an old box and guess if the wife put dead batteries in with the fresh ones. Guess I like to live on the edge.

Uh hum.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Pretty great gift idea - 12/02/20
Originally Posted by dye7barrel

I have been using a couple of these for over 30 years, handy gadgets.
Its been so long I don't remember where I bought them, local store for sure

https://www.menards.com/main/electr...ttery-tester/3645030/p-1501761038059.htm

This tester tests most common household battery types to determine existing charge
Simple "Low/Good" indicator
Tests: AA, AAA, C, D, 9V, 1.5V button cells
Moveable contact arm fits multiple battery sizes
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Pretty great gift idea - 12/02/20
Just bought one to replace the Amazon box that has corners duck taped for lasting durability.

Merry Christmas wife🎄

😎
I got one a month ago. Very handy.
© 24hourcampfire