Home
Do you need snow, cold, what puts you in "The Mood"?
In inland Australia it feels so hot you will melt into the ground. Christmas means extremely strong radiant heat.
I'm never in the "Christmas spirit". I could happily do without it all entirely.
I'm in the Christmas mood year round.
Once the week of buck season (shotgun) is over, always the 2nd week after Thanksgiving, I can put my toys away, and knuckle down and get serious about Christmas preparations.
After winter solstice. Watch Christmas Vacation.

Snow for the holidays is charming until Christmas...then it sucks.
About a week before December 25
Hasn’t snowed here in 20 years. We get serious about Christmas, probably 2 weeks before it gets here.
Originally Posted by dale06
About a week before December 25

Same here.
Good answers, thanks!
I dont have to assemble swingsets or plastic tricycles or doll houses at 2am anymore.

Christmas is all about late season deer hunting, making jerky, mrs slumlord making candy.

About 2 weeks before.

But...the wife and daughter put up the tree the day after Halloween this year
My day of celebration is the 21st. The Solstice . I get naked at midnight dance around a large outdoor fire. Curl up in a blanket with a bottle of cheap white mans whiskey and hope that tomorrows daylight is a little longer.
The best Xmas day is the day after.
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Shopping about Dec 23rd.

A foul mood.

Last couple yrs its been Grants and Franklins for Gifts from me to the wife and 3 daughters.

Dec 23 to 26. That's it.
December 10th. We put up the tree and decorations then and they are down and gone on New Years Day.
If it was up to me it would be Christmas morning and end Christmas night.

I get over ruled every year...
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Chinese food and gin...

Lynn
When the wife starts baking Christmas cookies !!!
Usually a couple days before Christmas, I will sit down with the headphones on and listen to Handel's Messiah. The whole thing. Up until then, I try to ignore the whole circus.
Whenever mama says it starts. I’m not in charge of such business.
When I get my Christmas card and newsletter from Redneck...
When the Turkey is getting put away. Thanksgiving is over, prepare for sappy movies and good times with family. I could live Christmas year round.
We usually start the day after Thanksgiving - running late this year.
With all the restrictions, it's hard to "get in the mood", dammit.
We LOVE Christmas - and all it stands for.
We even share Hannukah greetings with our jewish friends. smile
when we get the tree, usually the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Even better when we get it in the house, stood up, lights on and decorated.

Sycamore
My wife starts as soon as Thanksgiving dinner is over and everyone is gone. It's been turned into a commercial holiday,I could skip it all together and not loose any sleep
Of course, we must never forget the Reason!
Christmas - NOT Xmas, dammit !!!

Merry Christmas - NOT Happy holidays!
[Linked Image from newhopeinternationalministries.files.wordpress.com]
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Christmas - NOT Xmas, dammit !!!

Merry Christmas - NOT Happy holidays!

Look up why and how the early church used X and you will see why Xmas is OK.
Day after Thanksgiving.
My wife starts it the day after Thanksgiving. I hate all 90 days of it. Food is good tho.
Day after thanksgiving and it’s my favorite time of the year
Jesus is truly the reason for the season and Christmas makes me a better person with every passing year. Giving is truly better than receiving and covid has given me a whole new appreciation of friends and family. Also seeing the magic in my young daughters eyes is about as good as it gets for me.

Not into the commercial nonsense...but we live in the boonies anyways
Jan 2
The day after Thanksgiving. We cut our tree down on Thanksgiving evening and get to work decorating it the next day. That usually works to get us in the spirit.
I won't do anything Christmas related until the turkey leftovers are gone.
For us it is all about seeing family, enjoying their company, seeing nieces, nephews, in-laws..... Sisters, brothers.. Spending a week in Cabo with my father. Visit with my mother....

So time may vary, but generally Mid Dec to Mid Jan.
Originally Posted by las
I hate all 90 days of it. Food is good tho.

M'man!
If you believe heyzeus was born then fine. Celebrate that.

But, the gift exchange, carols on the radio 28 hrs per day, decorations, store sales, etc, don't have anything to do with Jesus. Practically everything done regarding "Christmas", has nothing to do with Christmas.

But I like the cookies. smile
Originally Posted by ironbender
If you believe heyzeus was born then fine. Celebrate that.

But, the gift exchange, carols on the radio 28 hrs per day, decorations, store sales, etc, don't have anything to do with Jesus. Practically everything done regarding "Christmas", has nothing to do with Christmas.

But I like the cookies. smile

Damn jehovah witnesses always trying to ruin Christmas..
You got them up there? They're afraid to come in my dooryard.
When the wife starts hanging stuff around the house and the kids start making lists.
© 24hourcampfire