Home

Don't miss out

One Utah owner....garage kept......454 big block..clean title in hand

2wd.....sorry........auto.......Camper Special 3/4 ton..factory A/C

140K miles......some rust..pics to follow in ads.......$4200 cash & drive home

To entice a 24HR buyer...I'll throw in a days SxS ride (if your time permits) on the local high desert

Or a brick of Aguila 22 LR HV ammo........what a deal.....

Camper shell included.....recent plugs/wires...runs great !!!!!!!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
You forgot the essential selling description
for selling used cars or trucks-
" ICE COLD A/C "
Originally Posted by Ranger99
" ICE COLD A/C "
Non-essential this time of year.

I had one in the exact same color scheme except mine was a '77 4x4 with a 350. Nice truck. I had a '74 Chevy a few years before with nearly the same bronze main color with white insert. It was a 2 wd with the 454 big block. That one there doesn't look rusty at all compared to my two.
Nice truck.
16” or 16.5” wheels?

Ronnie
I saw a pristine sample of such a truck sitting on the shoulder of I 84 today near Boise.

But it was red, a crewcab, and appeared to be fully restored from what I could see as we passed doing 65 mph.

They did not make a lot of 6-pack cabs in those days. Most of the ones they did make were either USFS green or UPRR yellow. I bet this old girl is worth a fortune.
Knee deep in rubber!

What a rig, cheap enough just to have sitting back for towing duties. Eastern trucks like this died of body cancer years ago.
Conrad needs this
Get’r in our classifieds fast. You don’t want to miss all the “Tire Kickers” asking inane questions.

Grins

😎
Originally Posted by slumlord
Conrad needs this

Yes.
Looks like its been well kept but 2 wd? the guy must have been drunk when he bought it frown
Originally Posted by Fanofthefortyone
Nice truck.
16” or 16.5” wheels?

Ronnie

\
16" BFG AT's
Originally Posted by Salty303
Looks like its been well kept but 2 wd? the guy must have been drunk when he bought it frown

All these 4x4 trucks you see running around these days with big lift and tires never go off road. 2WD would work for 80% or more of truck owners.
Pavement Princesses.

hay now............

Wife's parents bought this badd boy in '76 in Provo Utah

Yes..clean one owner/garage kept

Never met my wife's Dad....Iffin I did

I would say....Parker........WTH were U thinkin to buy a 2wd truck for

Too badd it's not...

short bed...4x4.......manual trans...454

3 MPG?
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
3 MPG?

Four

4 5 4 ...........

Mattress is the back?

Man that engine bay pic wakes up the memory ^ cause I have taken every single bolt in view there off most of them twice!
I built one starting with a 78 frame. Main body was a gmc 76 I think with 75 chevy grill and odds and ends. Good simple old trucks. Never could get one to totally stop the steering pump from squealing tho not sure what was up with that. lol

You can sit in the engine compartment and work on it 😃
Sure can slum. Off comes the hood to put the motor and components in. 75% of it can be done by sitting on one or the other of the inner fenders. Try that with your new Raptor. LOL
So do you get out to Utah much?
Check it out. I think you'd dig Provo. You could do well there.
Originally Posted by slumlord
You can sit in the engine compartment and work on it 😃

Especially if had the 300-I6 like Ford did
Sure can slum. Off comes the hood to put the motor and components in. 75% of it can be done by sitting on one or the other of the inner fenders. Try that with your new Raptor. LOL

You've been there ain't ya ,Salty?
At 67 I can still sit in the engine bay & work on the motor in my 86. But gettin it & out of the damn thing is the problem. About an hour & a half for plugs last year. 10 minutes, 10 years ago.
Had an 86 too great truck except the 6.2 "diesel". Quote marks cause no way it was a real diesel just a converted gas pot. Some guys had ok luck, me not so much what a POS.
Yep good ol GM they were recyclers before their time, they ran that body style what from 73 till 88 or so? Caching. Very slight changes but same basic body, frame, and most components. And actually the previous and next gens weren't a whole lot different.
My dad still has his ‘80 dually - same paint scheme as this one. 454 as well. It got about 8 mpg with a strong tailwind IIRC. It’s been sitting in the back for about 10 years now.
T350 or T400? Have the U and L ball joints ever been replaced? Is the AC on R12 or R134? Estimated cost of straightening out the dents and fixing the rust?
Nice one.
Had an 86 too great truck except the 6.2 "diesel". Quote marks cause no way it was a real diesel just a converted gas pot. Some guys had ok luck, me not so much what a POS.
Yep good ol GM they were recyclers before their time, they ran that body style what from 73 till 88 or so? Caching. Very slight changes but same basic body, frame, and most components. And actually the previous and next gens weren't a whole lot different.

The sheer beauty or Chevy trucks till about then. Interchangeability. What made them so popular, & why so many still survive.

Originally Posted by CCCC
T350 or T400? Have the U and L ball joints ever been replaced? Is the AC on R12 or R134? Estimated cost of straightening out the dents and fixing the rust?

A fair mechanic won't hit your wallet hard at all for a 134 upgrade. Had my 86 done a while back.

It does have AC! I wonder where I can buy R12?
Thats close to it's retail price in 1976.
Estimated cost of straightening out the dents and fixing the rust?

Four times what it's worth.
The service port on the receiver dryer is r 12.

Surprised it doesn't have hydro boost brakes.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

All these 4x4 trucks you see running around these days with big lift and tires never go off road. 2WD would work for 80% or more of truck owners.

I beat the crap outta my 4x4s.
Trashed exhaust last yr hauling my buck out.
Got it all redone for this yr...............aint hauled one out yet frown

Maybe the OPs rig being clean is a result of being 2 wheel drive.
No doubt somebody get that here, they'd convert it.
I had a 76 K5 w 350/400 and PTO.
It rotted away.
Was a good rig (got a doe at 80MPH on interstate, drove it home).

In bad winter, it was kinda chilly in the cab (too big, needed a heater added to back.

Hunting? nice to be able to get dressed while still in truck. Had ROOM

Had a couple CJ5's.
Nimble, fun to play with. Cold as hell to hunt (soft top and doors).
Lots better for deer retrieval in woods.

But no room for gear (we had 3 guys and 3 deer in/on one once).

I really like the ZJ Jeep grand cherokees. Perfect size for my hunting.
Good heaters too.

Stopped that body style in 98. Damnit. They rot away here (salted roads).
Originally Posted by Ranger99
" ICE COLD A/C "

next essential used car dealer line is ".....the spare has never been...."

1987 was the last year for the square body and first year for the TBI. I had one, a GMC half-ton 2WD. Just a 305 with a TH-375 (that was TH-400 with a TH-350 tailshaft, IIRC). It was a damn good daily driver and I wish I still had it. I traded it for a 98 GMC with a 5.0 because the 87 didn't have cruise control and that 98 ran like a striped-ass aip, but like almost all the GM vehicles I have had it developed transmission problems (the 87 did NOT) and coolant leaks. I'd own another square body, though.
Estimated cost of straightening out the dents and fixing the rust?

Four times what it's worth.

Friday morn........

going to the classifieds
2500 might be more realistic.

If you need it gone asap.

Maybe 3000.
Find a ragged out 4WD and do a engine/body swap.

We did it once on a late 70's-early 80's K series Blazer, buddy had a local owned ragged out 4WD, body falling off in chunks, engine burning oil like crazy but frame/transfer/trans were all good.

He found a 2WD forest service K in very good condition and the next thing you know we were tearing them apart.

A couple weeks of working late into the night [and lotsa, lotsa beers] later he had a damn nice K5[?] Blazer
A 2WD Chebby in Carbon county? I would never believe it had I not seen it here.
Easy fix, 4WD front axle [with greasable u-joints], gear to gear NP20? transfer case, little driveshaft build, torch a hole for the 4WD shifter, boot it in nice and have fun, my granny had one of these, 1970 Chev/GMC, blue and white, 427 or 454, cant remember, dont these have dual fuel tanks too? grannys did.

Manual lock in/out hubs and Lockright Lockers front and rear.
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
3 MPG?

Four

If yer lucky.
That is a sweet truck!

I’m sure I don’t have the time, and the skill is suspect as well, but a mid 70’s K20 long bed with a Cummins 12 valve would be uber.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
That is a sweet truck!

I’m sure I don’t have the time, and the skill is suspect as well, but a mid 70’s K20 long bed with a Cummins 12 valve would be uber.

Shagnastying that front end for an extra 500lbs engine weight would call long and hard for 4X4 with lockers and a winch. cool
Originally Posted by gunner500
Easy fix, 4WD front axle [with greasable u-joints], gear to gear NP20? transfer case, little driveshaft build, torch a hole for the 4WD shifter, boot it in nice and have fun, my granny had one of these, 1970 Chev/GMC, blue and white, 427 or 454, cant remember, dont these have dual fuel tanks too? grannys did.

Lock Right in the front of one of those 4wd would be a bear, limited slip would be better. Detroit in the rear all the way, those are a drop in for the 14 bolt rear as long as its an open carrier. Basically indestructible.

They may have refined the Lock Rights in the last 20 years but I tore up two in a 12 bolt and gave up. Had one in the 44 in the front of my Jeep but that was basically a crawler.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
That is a sweet truck!

Shagnastying that front end for an extra 500lbs engine weight would call long and hard for 4X4 with lockers and a winch. cool

Well if it's either a 427 or 454, it need dual gas tanks. It's like getting a ford with a 429 or 460. Pass everything but a gas station.

Bullshit . . . . .should be a federal crime to even build a 2wd truck. If you don't need 4wd in a truck, then you don't need a truck.
Originally Posted by mirage243

Bullshit . . . . .should be a federal crime to even build a 2wd truck. If you don't need 4wd in a truck, then you don't need a truck.

If you don’t know how to get around in a 2wd truck you don’t know how to drive. Period. Stick to Subaru’s
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

If you don’t know how to get around in a 2wd truck you don’t know how to drive. Period. Stick to Subaru’s

Ummm Ok . . . . . . . Lol

https://www.subaru.com/50th-anniversary-special-editions-creedmoor-hunting-model

Subaru is offering a 50th Anniversary 6.5 Creedmoor model in Realtree camouflage for the LGBTQ&P hunting community... and people from Oregon.

I'll post up pictures here shortly.

You putting chains on to get to the second hand store and Job Service?
76 with a 454?

How many gallons to the mile?
Originally Posted by CashisKing

https://www.subaru.com/50th-anniversary-special-editions-creedmoor-hunting-model

Subaru is offering a 50th Anniversary 6.5 Creedmoor model in Realtree camouflage for the LGBTQ&P hunting community... and people from Oregon.

I'll post up pictures here shortly.

I have an old Subaru I bought off of Schtick, its all camo'ed with OD colored Bondo, Duck Tape and his daughters nail polish from when she was 14..... it certainly is colorful.... old Hippie Ladies are always asking me how much will I take for it...

I'm covered....I gots one of each......
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

You putting chains on to get to the second hand store and Job Service?

Lol. Actually yes I did. Long time ago now in a galaxy far far away.

In Alabammy though you need 4x4 to get to the Popeyes.

Up in Ritzville Wa. in the late 80's or early 90's there was a company called Winchester Pickups if I remember correctly. They specialized in those square body Chev's and GMC's. They would tear them down to the frame and rebuild them from the ground up and they would put OEM optional components in it. So it you wanted 4.56 gearing in the diff's that is what you got. They would also put the P205 transfer cases in. If you wanted the Dana 60 rearend you could. I helped them with some engine development. They were putting SB 400's in them but would put 350 heads on them and recam them with an RV cam to help with the performance, they also would buy aftermarket TH 400 trans that were built for hauling. They were in business for about 6 or 7 years then the fad wore off for those pickup's and they closed shop. I remember in 81 you could get a one ton 4 WD with the 454 in it. My father and I both got one and they rode like a wagon and got about 4 MPG. We keep them until ford came out with their diesel the next year.
Originally Posted by Seafire
76 with a 454?

How many gallons to the mile?

I had that same truck except mine was brown & tan.

When you stepped on the gas pedal you could watch the fuel gauge move. 🤠
Tikka, if that was four-wheel drive, I would be heading your way with cash in hand!! Damn. What a nice truck.

Great meme... you have real talent...

----------

Ballz Ballz

He's our man...

If he can't do it...

Anybody can...
LOL
Originally Posted by 78CJ

Lock Right in the front of one of those 4wd would be a bear, limited slip would be better. Detroit in the rear all the way, those are a drop in for the 14 bolt rear as long as its an open carrier. Basically indestructible.

They may have refined the Lock Rights in the last 20 years but I tore up two in a 12 bolt and gave up. Had one in the 44 in the front of my Jeep but that was basically a crawler.

They've updated something, i put two in an old 1952 B3PW Dodge around 8 years ago, iirc that's the Chrysler 9-1/4" rear and front, they run like butter in that old power wagon, lock and unlock on turning and straightening out, I feel nothing in the steering wheel or hear no knocking or popping, will admit, when I do have to lock in the 4WD, am in a shltpile of rough muddy/icy conditions, the big Michelin pizza cutters take it all with ease.
Originally Posted by J23
Tikka, if that was four-wheel drive, I would be heading your way with cash in hand!! Damn. What a nice truck.

yea..agree......

short bed-----4x4-------stick.......

Even being a Toyota guy...I might keep it

but it is what it is......

MIL gave to to my wife.....just have no use for it

I've got my clean one owner '02 Chev 2500HD crew sleeping in the garage

$3950--------------

and a pack of your local premium beer.........

will include one tank of fuel

you fill the 2nd tank
© 24hourcampfire