Home
Posted By: RufusG Phoenix Gun Show Covid Impact - 12/04/20
If you ignore masks, and ammo prices, the main impact was that the show was moved entirely outside, and that was about it as far as change goes. I estimate there were approximately a bazillion people there today, the opening Friday. That's in line with past shows.

Being a completely new configuration, it was hard to tell if it was the same size. I suspect it was a little smaller, but still covered acres and acres. Seemed like less representation from the biggest local dealers and the full-auto folks in the Small Arms Review portion of the show. This used to be spread over five buildings and a couple outside tents so like I said, hard to compare. Took me about 3.5 hours to stroll through, probably about the same as previous years, and I didn't stop to fondle and chat so much maybe as normal.

People were lined up a couple hundred deep to buy ammo at 2 to 3 times 2019 prices. One large dealer closed their tables temporarily because they were so far behind processing sales. I can't imagine what kind of zoo tomorrow will be.

I got a nice new Magpul buttstock cheap and ten PMags and called it a day.
$10 parking. Lot's of jewelry and Chinese knives and scopes. I'll bet that 25-20 Marlin lever action is still there for $1985.
Ammo is hard on the pocketbook right now
Originally Posted by kelbro
$10 parking.

$8. Looking out for the working man. No trunk checks either.
Anyone selling primers? I might go down if I can get some military primers for gas guns.
I didn't see many primers, don't think any small rifle or pistol, some LP were north of $80 for a thousand, which actually might not be bad at the moment. Really didn't seem to be much in the way of reloading supplies at all relative to the past. Some loose pounds of powder, some were reasonable, some jacked nearly double.
Enjoy em. Friggin liberals wormed their way onto city councils around here. All gun shows cancelled. We may have seen our last.
Yup. Enjoy.

Hasn't been a WAC show since this bs started.
© 24hourcampfire