Home
Posted By: 16penny Lee loaders - 12/12/20
Every whack a mole loader set on all the suppliers websites are gone
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012833230
Whole lotta people trying to start reloading
Posted By: Castle_Rock Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
More likely that Lee isn’t making them because they don’t sell
Posted By: 700LH Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
There are hundreds of reloading items out of stock.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
They sell well enough. They're a good way for folks to start reloading. A Lee Loader, a set of dippers, and a couple basic powders get a guy rolling his own. I loaded a lot of 38 and '06 ammo with them on the coffee table as a young guy.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
Thought about getting a couple, but, I have a hand press so figure not. LOL
I have the latest Lee catalogue here and they aren’t listed
They still make them. Like about everything reloading, they are out of stock. This outlet gives a Feb 10, 2021 back order date.

https://fsreloading.com/lee-precision-classic-loader-38-special.html
Posted By: Henryseale Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
Originally Posted by luv2safari
They still make them. Like about everything reloading, they are out of stock. This outlet gives a Feb 10, 2021 back order date.

You might get the backordered press, dies, and such, but you still won't have primers by then. So, it will be pretty much useless except to size some cases to prepare them for loading.
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Originally Posted by luv2safari

You might get the backordered press, dies, and such, but you still won't have primers by then. So, it will be pretty much useless except to size some cases to prepare them for loading.

What a misery guts, most of us have primers 😂
Posted By: Henryseale Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
I assumed by the way the inquiry was made this was about someone new to reloading, not someone that is well established. It is common knowledge that many are buying or inquiring about reloading equipment and after the fact discovering that some components, particularly primers, are almost non existent in the market. Since I have only one flintlock, I have found it kinda difficult to make the other stuff go bang without some sort of primer. I sincerely hope that you have all that you desire. I am far from out, myself, but the more I see what may be on the horizon, I sure wish I had many more. How many are too many? I have no idea.
Posted By: cznut Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
I had a couple Lee loaders when I was young, they will load ammo but never cared for how much the resized the neck, to tight. I also had a Lee Target model loader, the one that you could ream the inside of the necks with, now that was a decent loader.
Posted By: hanco Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
Never had a Lee Loader, but I have their crimping dies, they are great!
Posted By: walt501 Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
If Midway says "backorder ok" - place your order! You won't be charged until your order ships. I have a single stage press but wanted to speed things up a little, so I ordered the Lee classic turret from Midway even though it said "backorder ok". Like most reloading items, this is sold out everywhere.

That was two weeks ago and it arrived yesterday!
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
Did a ton of .222 with a Lee loader in high school. Good times.

They work fine.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20

This is Lee himself, shows how quick they could be. Very short vid. I guess he died a couple of years ago.
Posted By: hanco Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
I have a Rock Chucker I bought almost 50 years ago, I’ve loaded untold thousands of rounds with it. I’d buy a used Rock Chucker on eBay if I was starting out.
Posted By: ledvm Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
Originally Posted by hanco
Never had a Lee Loader, but I have their crimping dies, they are great!

+1
Posted By: CowboyTim Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
Never had a problem with Lee, good products for the price and still made in the USA.
Posted By: copperking81 Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Never had a problem with Lee, good products for the price and still made in the USA.

Do you think you can chose your own gender timy?
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
I started out with their shotshell handloader kit when I was a poor skeeter wing private marching in the legions.

I currently have a Lee Load-All II for 12ga and I'm going to get another in 20ga. I also have a powder dipper set, although they're going to see less use now that I just took delivery of a Lyman Gen 6 powder dispenser. I even have an adjustable Lee lead shot dipper too.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
I have been buying selling and trading Lee Loaders for years...demand and prices have been going steadily up ever since the first Obama panic. Cartridges a little out of the mainstream, particularly military, are money in the bank. A target model in .308 last month on Ebay sold for 130 bucks.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
Still got my first two lee loaders in 357 and 30-30. Spent many an hour on the concrete basement floor beating on them with the plastic hammer. And using dish soap for lube.

Can you dig it?
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
I’ve got a Lee hand press and it is about all I use anymore. I can load up twenty to fifty rounds with that as quick as anything else. Or I can deprime and size a couple hundred cases while I watch TV.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I’ve got a Lee hand press and it is about all I use anymore. I can load up twenty to fifty rounds with that as quick as anything else. Or I can deprime and size a couple hundred cases while I watch TV.

Since the laundry/utility room became the laundry/2nd bathroom two years ago this has been my reloading bench, along with the LR coffee table, an RCBS priming tool, RCBS 510 scale, and some Lee dippers. It works, but I miss my RCBS Jr press I bought in 1964.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
I reloaded hundreds of 30-30 ammo with one of those lee loaders back when I was a teenager. They worked just fine. Moved on to the Rock Chucker.
Posted By: roundoak Re: Lee loaders - 12/12/20
Originally Posted by cznut
I had a couple Lee loaders when I was young, they will load ammo but never cared for how much the resized the neck, to tight. I also had a Lee Target model loader, the one that you could ream the inside of the necks with, now that was a decent loader.

When I bought my first 22-250 rifle, I purchased a Lee Target loader to load for it. I still use parts of it.

Posted By: GeoW Re: Lee loaders - 12/13/20
I see the 30-30 is about the only one not backordered. Good to have on hand.
Posted By: roundoak Re: Lee loaders - 12/13/20
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Still got my first two lee loaders in 357 and 30-30. Spent many an hour on the concrete basement floor beating on them with the plastic hammer. And using dish soap for lube.

Can you dig it?
Did not take me long to quit beating on the lee die with a plastic hammer. I purchased a arbor press.

© 24hourcampfire