Home
I need a full-replacement rear Jeep bumper for 2001 Wrangler with a swing-out spare rack.

Looking for good welded heavy-duty build and powder coating or at least good paint.

Any suggestions?
I was looking the other day for a rear truck bumper and it was either Move or Tdk that had Jeep bumpers.
Can’t give opinion on best but they are two very good companies.
I had a Warn on a 2003 Rubicon & liked it, hitch receiver was handy.

One gripe, the "W" cutouts didn't get powder coated well & after a couple years the PC started peeling all around it. Hard to fix.

Whatever you get, make sure the swing out has a latch for the open position. A you might know, the non latching, swinging tailgate with the tire mounted on it can be areal pain.
Check out Hammerhead Armor.

Jeep rear with swing out tire carrier.

Made in USA by Americans with American steel.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Check out Hammerhead Armor.

Jeep rear with swing out tire carrier.

Made in USA by Americans with American steel.

Don’t think they make one for 2001 TJ.
I can find out Monday.
Here's mine. My website is not yet done for selling these. Can be made to your specs too. Here's a link to my thread with ongoing work being done. I intend to make them for Jeep of all years, maybe with a different look though. https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/frame-off-done-now-some-extra-things-4393231/index6.html

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
That is a nice looking bumper. Are you selling them now?
Originally Posted by ledvm

And can you build one for a 2001 Tacoma.

Very nice. Price ?, +/- "ballpark" ?
I used an Ace Engineering bumper last JK I put a bumper on. The reasons I even recommend it was it was hella stout, and the carrier swings with the gate, not a separate step.
I am considering this one: https://shop.poisonspyder.com/TJ-RockBrawler-Rear-Bumper-with-Tire-Carrier-p/14-61-020.htm

But may default to this one: https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-rear-bumper-j20852.html

Anymore thoughts or suggestions?
PoisonSpyder is quality if you off road at all, The Barricade is made in CHINA.
OMG his license plate is all over the net now
I have a LOD Signature Series Bumper and tire carrier on my 2004 TJ and have been very happy with it. It carries a 36 inch super swamper without any issues.
The very best I ever saw come out of Riverton Wyoming (yeah......I know. .Riverton???????????. But it's true)
Eric Stone. Stone's Metalwork. 307 851 5991
His fit and finish is as close to perfect as I have ever seen. His welding is 2nd to none.

I don't know if he can do a project and ship it out because all his work I have seen is custom fitted to the vehicle so it may not be helpful information for you, but I guess it can't hurt you to call and ask,.
What about this Rough Country? Is it Chinese made as well?

https://www.extremeterrain.com/roug...ear-bumper-with-tire-carrier-10592a.html
Check out hyline off-road. I have one on my 05 LJ. There is a linkage between the gate and tire carrier, so the tire swings with the gate. Very slick. I had a smitty-bilt one that was low quality and always rattled. The hyline isn’t cheap, but I love mine.

I am. I lost track of this thread and apolopgize for being late to reply. I'd need a few measurements from you but the basic design can be carried over from one model to the next. You can pm me if you want to discuss everything.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Thanks. I can build one for about anything. I don't have a the Tacoma dimensions as far as mounting but I bet I can come up with one nearby to get that.
Originally Posted by Craigster

Very nice. Price ?, +/- "ballpark" ?

The basic bumper with a swing out is going to run about $700.00 plus the shipping.
Originally Posted by BobBrown
OMG his license plate is all over the net now

I know! Does that mean people will stalk me grin
Only super models, so brace up. You may just have to deal with it.
Originally Posted by Jim1611

Thanks. I can build one for about anything. I don't have a the Tacoma dimensions as far as mounting but I bet I can come up with one nearby to get that.

Thanks.

It sure would come in handy for carrying an extra spare while hunting.

Are you up and running already? If so, I can provide model year etc for anything you need. If you can't find one locally for measurements, maybe I can get them here for you if you let me know what you need.

Originally Posted by Jim1611

Thanks.

It sure would come in handy for carrying an extra spare while hunting.

Are you up and running already? If so, I can provide model year etc for anything you need. If you can't find one locally for measurements, maybe I can get them here for you if you let me know what you need.

I am up and running. I just don't have my new website going yet. What year is your Tacoma? I have a friend that has a large salvage yard close to me and they may have one there that I can measure. PM sent on my email address, I'm not sure of the rules here on posting that on the forum.

Thanks
Jim
© 24hourcampfire