Home
Have you heard anything about a possible date for re-commencement of production for the Fieldcraft? Any anticipated changes to the original design when/if this happens?

Thanks, RS
No word at all?

RS
Lefty *power yawn*.....
Tag.
I had some interest in a Fieldcraft with a 21” barrel chambered in 7mm-08. I emailed Barrett a couple of weeks ago asking when more would be available and got a quick return email that they no longer had plans to offer them in 7mm caliber. Seemed strange to me that they would drop that whole caliber but I didn’t follow up on there plans for other calibers.
Talked to the Barrett guys at Reno SCI and if I’m any good at reading between the lines I’d wager they are very busy with big gov contracts and fieldcraft production isn’t high on the list
I know they're not making one in LH, like they promised to.
What’s in production for the civilian market? Rec7?
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Talked to the Barrett guys at Reno SCI and if I’m any good at reading between the lines I’d wager they are very busy with big gov contracts and fieldcraft production isn’t high on the list

They should contract it out to another gunmaker.
Last week or so they had the picatinny rails and Talley mounts/rings for the FC on clearance. There was a brief discussion about this on the rifle forum and it confirms most suspicions; they aren't coming back.
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Certifiable

They should contract it out to another gunmaker.

........ or sell it.
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Last week or so they had the picatinny rails and Talley mounts/rings for the FC on clearance. There was a brief discussion about this on the rifle forum and it confirms most suspicions; they aren't coming back.

I can't imagine why Barrett wouldn't increase production capacity for the Fieldcraft. The rifles sold very well and the current market for used rifles shows there is still strong demand. Maybe they don't have the big margins that Barrett gets from the DoD on military rifles.

RS
For what it's worth, bout anything I buy goes out of production ie Colt Trooper 22 LR, Ruger Vaquero Bisley 44 mag, Ruger Red Label 28 Gauge, and I can list a heck of a lot more. I bought 2 Barrett Fieldcraft so I don't expect to see them again. I'd buy a couple more if available and price was what they were a year ago. Heck of a rifle at 1,500 or lower imo. See them go closer to 2k now and it's slim pickings
I’m curious how many were made in total.

I’ll be very surprised if they bring them back anytime soon.
© 24hourcampfire