Home
Posted By: Higginez Do you check out at a Hotel? - 12/17/20
My wife always insists on dropping the plastic room keys off at the front desk.

WTF?
Nope leave cards on stand
Last time, motel, say 2002? I forget.
Only if I need a printed receipt for business purposes....and sometimes they slip one under the door early on checkout morning.
Usually just leave the key in the room unless the policy says drop off at the desk.
Sometimes.
Nope.
No never have
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Do you check out at a Hotel? - 12/17/20
Originally Posted by Higginez

WTF?

Hahaha. My wife does the same thing. I've given up on reforming her.
Wife deals with all that while I see how many little chocolate milks I can hork from the breakfast.

I know theyre included but 10-11 might violate manners and decorum. I know the boiled eggs farts certainly do.
Worked for a multinational company and security division always cautioned us to not leave the room key card behind in the US or abroad. Instead take it with you when you leave and destroy it later. They said the cards contained personal and credit card information that did not need to fall into the wrong hands.
Speaking of motels, a few years ago the Mrs. and I checked in at a Days Inn in Stroudsburg, PA. The Pakistani (or?) woman at the desk said her husband was working late, and would I be willing to drive her daughter to her high school basketball game. Me, a complete stranger!!! I said I would (but only if she accompanied me, to avoid any suspicion.) So, she closed the office and off we went. Still can't believe she would trust a total stranger like that.
And, no, I didn't get a discount, just a good feeling that a stranger would find me trustworthy.

In reply to the question, I leave the card at the front desk. Just feel funny leaving it in the room, don't really know why.
Depends on the situation. When I was working and staying in hotels, the answer is yes, because I would sometimes get messages from the office or client that were left at the desk.

When on my own time, if it's not out of my way, I'll usually drop the keys off as I walk by the desk.
Originally Posted by huntstat
Worked for a multinational company and security division always cautioned us to not leave the room key card behind in the US or abroad. Instead take it with you when you leave and destroy it later. They said the cards contained personal and credit card information that did not need to fall into the wrong hands.

This^^^^
In Seattle, at a Hampton

I just decided that I wanted ALL of the little glass tabasco sauce bottles. Screw anyone else

I got them bad boys even in my tackle boxes now.

Like the information you gave the front desk?

That can accessed by the lady at the front desk?
Check in on the phone, open the door with the phone, check out on the phone. Never see anyone. Welcome to 2020.
Whenever I'm at a motel, the hooker is the one who is responsible for things like this. I pay her, she does the rest.
If I'm walking by the desk on the way out the door, I'll leave it there. Otherwise it's in the room.

This^^^^^^
Nope
All those little soap bars, shampoo bottles, and complimentary condoms? They get tossed. They can't reuse them even if you never open them. Sanitary laws. I use them for hunting. The condoms fit over the gun barrel.
I do. I figure if I'm out before some of the other folks, they can get a jump on cleaning my room if they choose.
I fry chicken in the bed baby till 10:01
Originally Posted by Raeford

This^^^^^^

That is an old wive's tale.
Nope, no point.
Originally Posted by slumlord

We cooked hog jowl and black eyed peas in a hotel room in Pigeon Forge once on New Year's Day. Although the room had a kitchenette, it did not have any sort of vent. I bet that room still smells like pork grease. I also didn't stick around to see if the grease I poured down the toilet stopped it up. I'm surprised I never got an extra charge for that fiasco.

I’m not a spy, so....
The only risk magnetic key cards pose is that they're easy to hack to gain access to a room.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
All those little soap bars, shampoo bottles, and complimentary condoms? They get tossed. They can't reuse them even if you never open them. Sanitary laws. I use them for hunting. The condoms fit over the gun barrel.

What kind of joints are you staying in? I’ve never seen a condom in a hotel room, at least not on in the wrapper....
Most of the time , not .
Took mom and dad to Sieverville Tenn. they had never been in a Jacuzzi . So I got them a Jacuzzi room .
Carried the bags to the door and unlocked door , walked on in , a fellow setting on the couch looking over a newspaper , saw something to my left , his wife is setting on the commode , pants down around ankles , jaw in lap .
I smiled and said , hey , they gave me the key !
Made an aboutface laughing and told mom and dad we needed to go back around front .
The manager met us falling all over himself , told him , long as you got another Jacuzzi Room then we are ok .
Got them situated and went to our room .
Time to go eat , nope , they’re staying in the room .
Got a good laugh out of that whole ordeal .
Kenneth
Its not that big a deal to check out.

A courtesy perhaps?
My wife

female logic....
Originally Posted by gregintenn

We cooked hog jowl and black eyed peas in a hotel room in Pigeon Forge once on New Year's Day. Although the room had a kitchenette, it did not have any sort of vent. I bet that room still smells like pork grease. I also didn't stick around to see if the grease I poured down the toilet stopped it up. I'm surprised I never got an extra charge for that fiasco.

Haha

We set the smoke alarm off in Cherokee with a Fry Daddy.
Originally Posted by deflave
The only risk magnetic key cards pose is that they're easy to hack to gain access to a room.

This^^^^^^

Well I don't have a 'old wive', so what's your point?
My point is the idea that personal info can be gathered by a hotel key is a fallacy.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Do you check out at a Hotel? - 12/17/20
my son works at a hotel.

local spot right off the interstate, mid level hotel - not a dump, but also not the ritz.

so its price point is just fine with men and women who want to hook up and cheat.

They have a back entrance to the hotel that is supposed to stay locked and only accessible during certain hours with a hotel key, so at night when the cheating husband shows up and checks in, its no uncommon for him (apparently multiple guys have the same idea because this happens frequently) to go to the back and prop that door open so the cheating wife can slip in the back unnoticed.

So my son has learned to watch for this in the security cameras and soon as the man will prop the door open, he runs back there and shuts it, then watches the woman show up all frustrated as she tries to get in.

You have to find enjoyment where you can. It made me laugh when he told me the story. I asked him if he knew anyone that checked in and he did know a guy that was the father of one of our scouts.

This^^^^^^

No it's not actually.

But look at the trash can if you get a chance, lots of stuff gets printed out and tossed without being shredded by the front desk and is easy pickings anyway.
Originally Posted by TheKid

What kind of joints are you staying in? I’ve never seen a condom in a hotel room, at least not on in the wrapper....

I was wondering the same thing. Not that I'm the most traveled but I've stayed in a fair amount around the US and internationally.

WTF?
She's right, IMHO... Last hotel I was in (Nashville) I checked out, verified no extra charges and handed the card over to the clerk.. Yes, it's supposed to be inactive at a certain time, but I don't 'assume' it will..

Just me..
I leave on the nightstand, next to the little pile of baby powder cut into lines.
Posted By: memtb Re: Do you check out at a Hotel? - 12/17/20

Nope! Not needed if you never checked-in! grin That’s the reason RV’s are manufactured! wink memtb

Absolutely this. And, if the free condom is an XXL do you know you are on the wrong side of town?
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I leave on the nightstand, next to the little pile of baby powder cut into lines.

Thats gonna sting....
Originally Posted by memtb

Nope! Not needed if you never checked-in! grin That’s the reason RV’s are manufactured! wink memtb

I blow up the crapper in the room as it is. Would not want be eating 5ft from the RV squatty potty crockpot crapper.

I’ve started droppin the deuce down there at them restrooms next to the breakfast bar. Let all them hand warshin types come in there get a whiff. I crack up when someone comes in there and mumbles low “godd damm” lol
I travel almost every week. I always drop the key off at the front desk as I check out. Just seems like the courteous thing to do. That way you've confirmed you're checking out that day at that time, sometimes I'm checking out a day or two early.
Stayed at one place...

Soap. And shampoo was in a dispenser locked to the shower.

Fugged them.

Filled up a foot long subway bag and took it home.

After a couple days, that cleaning lady musta been saying, got dam whad that cracka be doing wit all dem sopes?
Posted By: hanco Re: Do you check out at a Hotel? - 12/17/20
No. We don’t
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Stayed at one place...

Soap. And shampoo was in a dispenser locked to the shower.

Fugged them.

Filled up a foot long subway bag and took it home.

ninja please
I bum rush Consuela’s cart and get a sleeve of them holiday inn express coffee cups. Peek in there while she broke down like a shotgun, makin them beds and BOOM, i’m out. gimme soms of that dat good jerk my meat lotion too.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[quote=huntstat]Worked for a multinational company and security division always cautioned us to not leave the room key card behind in the US or abroad. Instead take it with you when you leave and destroy it later. They said the cards contained personal and credit card information that did not need to fall into the wrong hands.

This^^^^^^

[/quote

Yep. It's a myth according to what I have read.

My keycards usually end up in my suitcase for some reason. I think I just grab everything I have on the TV stand and throw in there before I leave.
Posted By: sse Re: Do you check out at a Hotel? - 12/17/20
no

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Never.

One time I got to the room and the toilet had a 'Sanitized For Your Protection' label over the bowl...but the toilet had a giant turd floating in it. 🤣
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Never.

One time I got to the room and the toilet had a 'Sanitized For Your Protection' label over the bowl...but the toilet had a giant turd floating in it. 🤣

I gotcha fugker

lol
Originally Posted by mrchongo
Only if I need a printed receipt for business purposes....and sometimes they slip one under the door early on checkout morning.

When on a business trip I always stop to check out and get a final bill otherwise I leave the cards in the room.

They do not contain your credit data etc... no hotel is that careless with your personal data

WTF?

I always get a copy of the receipt to look over. A couple of times I've found charges that shouldn't have been there, or they didn't give me the rate they were supposed to.

I like to clear that up before I leave.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Do you check out at a Hotel? - 12/17/20
Just for kicks. Chase.com has a feature on their website that catalogs which merchants saved your credit card information. Run the scan and be ready for a surprise.
Originally Posted by Remsen
Whenever I'm at a motel, the hooker is the one who is responsible for things like this. I pay her, she does the rest.

As usual, Remsen has the correct answer...... wink
Originally Posted by smokepole

WTF?

I always get a copy of the receipt to look over. A couple of times I've found charges that shouldn't have been there, or they didn't give me the rate they were supposed to.

Was this back in the day when you could watch a certain type of movie and have it billed to your room?
Why, when you can just drop them in the mail?

[Linked Image from thumbs.worthpoint.com]
Originally Posted by Remsen

That is the gentlemanly thing to do. She obviously needs the club points more than you......

Not any more, make reservation, pick room, check in early, check out, get receipt, check receipt and unlock the door, all on the cell phone.
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Not any more, make reservation, pick room, check in early, check out, get receipt, check receipt and unlock the door, all on the cell phone.

Which app do you use to pay for the hookers?

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave! . . .
It depends upon who I checked-in with.
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Haha

We set the smoke alarm off in Cherokee with a Fry Daddy.

Do you usually travel with a fry daddy?
I can't believe my wife has never slipped one in our luggage.
buy one at the first walmart upon touchdown

Leave in the hotel room on the last day. Same with the 60 quart Igloo.

Be a baller
Got to really take care yourself now. Most of the hotels only leaving a sack breakfast with apple, orange, otis spermeyer muffin and no name granola bar.

fugg that

like school breakfast. Go out and throw those oranges onto the roof of the Ag Building. lol
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave! . . .

Only in California.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by smokepole

WTF?

Was this back in the day when you could watch a certain type of movie and have it billed to your room?

What, we can't do that anymore??

Almost forgot, I like to check out the talent in the hotel bar. Kinda tough these days though.
Posted By: prm Re: Do you check out at a Hotel? - 12/17/20
Never. Just leave and I keep the cards.
Originally Posted by RUM7

Absolutely this. And, if the free condom is an XXL do you know you are on the wrong side of town?
The good ones come from a vending machine. But, they glow in the dark.
Slum, you are ON FIRE!
I am in awe of you.
Posted By: efw Re: Do you check out at a Hotel? - 12/18/20
Originally Posted by Esox357

Yep no check out just leave the card keys on the dresser and hit the door.
Traveled pretty regularly with work short stays all the time. I always settled up at check in and got a receipt then so I could get in my truck and go dark and early leaving the card key in the room. 95% of the hotels had no problem with this most preferred it, less work for them. The few that were all 1980s about it said we'll have to disable your phone then so long distances calls couldn't be made. lol when's the las time anyone used a hotel phone?
Originally Posted by Salty303
Traveled pretty regularly with work short stays all the time. I always settled up at check in and got a receipt then so I could get in my truck and go dark and early leaving the card key in the room. 95% of the hotels had no problem with this most preferred it, less work for them. The few that were all 1980s about it said we'll have to disable your phone then so long distances calls couldn't be made. lol when's the las time anyone used a hotel phone?

You need to a avoid the ones that boast “COLOR TV”

lol
Pretty fugged up place to stay for a week waiting on a flight.
LOL!!!
Dealing with Summer teeth Brits and their national speech impediment.
Throw in my fugged up hearing with their varying accents.
JFC...
LOL!!!
80 bucks a day chow pay and layover daily pay of 200 per day made it bearable eating up 5 days off my 28 off.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
summerteeth

😂
summerteeth

😂

Pretty sure orthodontist in Britain have genetic job security.

Lol!!!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Its not that big a deal to check out.

A courtesy perhaps?

Most people turn into their parents when they grow up, your turning into Wabi!
My point is the idea that personal info can be gathered by a hotel key is a fallacy.

I
Wear a mask while operating the door or you will get a viral load of wuhan droplets . thats what doc Foutchie said anyway
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Esox357

Yep no check out just leave the card keys on the dresser and hit the door.

Yep. Sometimes you just drink vodka , crack her , shower, and leave
.leave key on nightstand .
Originally Posted by KFWA
my son works at a hotel.

local spot right off the interstate, mid level hotel - not a dump, but also not the ritz.

so its price point is just fine with men and women who want to hook up and cheat.

They have a back entrance to the hotel that is supposed to stay locked and only accessible during certain hours with a hotel key, so at night when the cheating husband shows up and checks in, its no uncommon for him (apparently multiple guys have the same idea because this happens frequently) to go to the back and prop that door open so the cheating wife can slip in the back unnoticed.

So my son has learned to watch for this in the security cameras and soon as the man will prop the door open, he runs back there and shuts it, then watches the woman show up all frustrated as she tries to get in.

You have to find enjoyment where you can. It made me laugh when he told me the story. I asked him if he knew anyone that checked in and he did know a guy that was the father of one of our scouts.

Sister worked at a higher end Hotel in Pheonix for a few years. They had a pretty expensive prostitute rent the same room next to the door every Friday-Sun. The first time she saw the woman prop the door she went down to tell her she couldnt do that. Woman slipped her $100 and said if she leaves her be theres another $100 Sunday. So my sister was making $200 a week just making sure a hooker had plenty of towels and could do her business in peace. Basically my sister told her as long as there's no trouble or complaints they had a deal. My sister would fill the rooms always leaving the ones down by the hookers room until absolutely last if she had to fill them. When baseball spring training came around the hooker would rent the room for a month straight and she'd up my sisters "bonus" as well. Mind you my sister was only making about $250 a week pay (15ish years ago) from the job so the lady was almost doubling her pay.
Originally Posted by k20350
my son works at a hotel.

Sister worked at a higher end Hotel in Pheonix for a few years. They had a pretty expensive prostitute rent the same room next to the door every Friday-Sun. The first time she saw the woman prop the door she went down to tell her she couldnt do that. Woman slipped her $100 and said if she leaves her be theres another $100 Sunday. So my sister was making $200 a week just making sure a hooker had plenty of towels and could do her business in peace. Basically my sister told her as long as there's no trouble or complaints they had a deal. My sister would fill the rooms always leaving the ones down by the hookers room until absolutely last if she had to fill them. When baseball spring training came around the hooker would rent the room for a month straight and she'd up my sisters "bonus" as well. Mind you my sister was only making about $250 a week pay (15ish years ago) from the job so the lady was almost doubling her pay.

Gross
I would NOT lay a piece of pizza on the ottoman in there.
I wouldn’t put my pizza on there either but a hooker would be up for a pounding
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

No it's not actually.

But look at the trash can if you get a chance, lots of stuff gets printed out and tossed without being shredded by the front desk and is easy pickings anyway.

Yes it is, actually.
Originally Posted by BobBrown

I
Wear a mask while operating the door or you will get a viral load of wuhan droplets . thats what doc Foutchie said anyway

Yeah.

The "viral load" lectures have been dying down lately.

LOL
Posted By: tack Re: Do you check out at a Hotel? - 12/18/20
Most large hotels will leave a copy of your paid charge receipt under the door, and expect you to leave your key on a table in the room.
That system would seem the most efficient for all.
I can't come up with a single reason why a hotel would put your personal info on the room card. Can you? 1. They already have it in their computer when you checked in. 2. The card does nothing except open your door, you can't use it to make purchases or anything else.

I leave it on the front desk counter when I leave, if I remember to. If I accidentally take it with me, I just toss it later. (I suspect that the cleaning staff just toss them if you leave them in the room anyway. They're far too lazy to collect and turn them in.)
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I can't come up with a single reason why a hotel would put your personal info on the room card. Can you? 1. They already have it in their computer when you checked in. 2. The card does nothing except open your door, you can't use it to make purchases or anything else.

I leave it on the front desk counter when I leave, if I remember to. If I accidentally take it with me, I just toss it later. (I suspect that the cleaning staff just toss them if you leave them in the room anyway. They're far too lazy to collect and turn them in.)

Rock,

I don't know where people come up with this horse schit.

But it's just that.
Posted By: EdM Re: Do you check out at a Hotel? - 12/18/20
I'll be checking out of one in an hour or so. I've already burned the card.
I avoid hotel rooms ... secret cameras worry me. Wasn't that Epstein's shtick.
Originally Posted by EdM
I'll be checking out of one in an hour or so. I've already burned the card.

Bad move. Your credit card and other personal info are on the net now via a black hole
I would NOT lay a piece of pizza on the ottoman in there.

They make special lights for that.

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]
Posted By: MM879 Re: Do you check out at a Hotel? - 12/18/20
More fun. Check the internet history log on the complementary business computer in the lobby. You will find every business contact and escort service you ever wanted.
All those little soap bars, shampoo bottles, and complimentary condoms? They get tossed.

I stayed in Motels for 3-4 nights a week for 37 years and never saw a complimentary condom. I must have been staying at the cheap places. smile miles
The opposite of that, miles.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Do you check out at a Hotel? - 12/18/20
Originally Posted by milespatton
All those little soap bars, shampoo bottles, and complimentary condoms? They get tossed.

I stayed in Motels for 3-4 nights a week for 37 years and never saw a complimentary condom. I must have been staying at the cheap places. smile miles

Complimentary, no, available beside the little mini bar in the rooms, yes, but for a price, just like the beers and wine in the room frig, whatever you use is added to your bill at checkout.

[Linked Image from media-cdn.tripadvisor.com]
Here's an irony: Mike Rowe, who laughs about getting sprayed with pee and poo in his show Dirty Jobs is paranoid about "residues" in hotel rooms. He immediately removes bed covers, wipes down the TV remote, and more.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Here's an irony: Mike Rowe, who laughs about getting sprayed with pee and poo in his show Dirty Jobs is paranoid about "residues" in hotel rooms. He immediately removes bed covers, wipes down the TV remote, and more.

I once stopped at a Yukon camp ground for the night (Yukon provincial campgrounds are the best!) and there were two guys down at the boat launch with no boat and no fishing gear. They were well dressed and chating and smiling with each other. They smiled at me. I did not smile back.

They left after they saw I was setting up camp.

Yukon wilderness? Come on man!
Not at the hotel California...
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by milespatton

Complimentary, no, available beside the little mini bar in the rooms, yes, but for a price, just like the beers and wine in the room frig, whatever you use is added to your bill at checkout.

[Linked Image from media-cdn.tripadvisor.com]

If you only use one I wonder if they buy in bulk and refill the box.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Not at the hotel California...

There in lies evil.
Originally Posted by Salty303

You need to a avoid the ones that boast “COLOR TV”

lol

or "direct dial telephones"
Posted By: KFWA Re: Do you check out at a Hotel? - 12/18/20
vibrating beds are a plus
vibrating beds are a plus

They're worth a quarter just to wake the neighbors up! lol
It is 900 mile trip for me to go deer hunting.
The truckers can only drive 11 hours.... so I need to sleep in a hotel/motel.
After a night of 24HCF on wifi with the laptop, I leave the card on the nightstand.
900 miles?? Dayum

I go 900 feet
Yes. Always, and I ask for copy of the bill. Tough to dispute billing errors when one is 4 weeks out and 2000 miles away.

The credit card-sized plastic keys used by most hotels today contain at most four pieces of information — which room the key is for, when the key can begin opening the door, when it should stop working, and, sometimes, a guest number
Originally Posted by Clarkm
It is 900 mile trip for me to go deer hunting.
The truckers can only drive 11 hours.... so I need to sleep in a hotel/motel.
After a night of 24HCF on wifi with the laptop, I leave the card on the nightstand.

Whaaaaa???

Don't they make deer in Washington??
© 24hourcampfire