Home
her a car.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Damn!
I'm not showing my wife this thread.

Nice ride!
68? Oooops, 69!
69?
Your buddy's daughter must have some serious skills in the sack.
The power of being love I'd guess. Appears the young guy has good taste and not into dropping cash on rubber dogsh*t. Mb
Is the title and registration in her name?
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Is the title and registration in her name?

don't know, her dad and uncle are friends, old racing buddies, she grew up around some badass cars.
Puts me in mind of a wedding we attended a few years ago...old friend’s son... at the rehearsal dinner the night before, the bride to be presented my buddy’s son with the keys to a like-brand-new (frame off restoration) ‘64 Mustang.
she will look pretty good in that car.

Originally Posted by stxhunter
her a car.

Jeebus
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I'm not showing my wife this thread.

Nice ride!

I bet the guy who gave her that gets better rides. whistle smirk
Need more pics.

yep my wife ain`t seeing this post either, i got my wife a Dodge mini-van . but that is a great look`n Red Camaro !
Thats a sweet ride .
stx;
Top of the morning to you Roger, I hope all is well in your world and you're a tad warmer than we are up here this morning!

Thanks for sharing the photos with us, that's indeed a car very much to my personal tastes.

For me and I am cognizant it's a "me" thing, the 69 RS and then the 70½ with the split front bumper are tied as the best looking Camaros ever built.

When I was about 17 I was with my sister in law at a co-worker of hers' place and saw a car under a tarp - it was of course a 69 RS that her father had bought for her new in '69. She said she'd not driven it in a few years - this would have been in '79 I guess so it was only 10 years old - but as you might recall cars only lasted 5 years then.

Of course I offered to buy it and of course she refused, but there's my personal '69 RS story this morning.

Thanks for twigging some fond memories from long, long ago sir. All the best to you and your family this holiday season Roger.

Merry Christmas and all the best in 2021.

Dwayne
Roger, any idea what he paid? I'm always curious because I like to see how much more I've spent on my car over what it's really worth. crazy
Bitchin' Camaro
Originally Posted by BC30cal

For me and I am cognizant it's a "me" thing, the 69 RS and then the 70½ with the split front bumper are tied as the best looking Camaros ever built.

Dwayne

Dwayne, good morning and Merry Christmas to you.

When I was 17, I had a '70 1/2 RS. Unfortunately, I ran it into the back of a 1975 Dodge Dart and totaled it. mad
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

Dwayne

Dwayne, good morning and Merry Christmas to you.

When I was 17, I had a '70 1/2 RS. Unfortunately, I ran it into the back of a 1975 Dodge Dart and totaled it. mad

StoneCutter;
Good morning to you sir, thanks for the greetings.

That's just sad!

I am happy that you came out if not unscathed at least still present to post about it years later.

My goodness from what I recall about the '75 Dart they were not much of a car at all. I suppose at least not a Pinto in that they'd not explode, but still not much in the way of being a memorable vehicle by then.

The things we survived in our youth! grin

Thanks again and Merry Christmas and all the best in 2021 to you all StoneCutter.

Dwayne
stx;
Top of the morning to you Roger, I hope all is well in your world and you're a tad warmer than we are up here this morning!

Thanks for sharing the photos with us, that's indeed a car very much to my personal tastes.

When I was about 17 I was with my sister in law at a co-worker of hers' place and saw a car under a tarp - it was of course a 69 RS that her father had bought for her new in '69. She said she'd not driven it in a few years - this would have been in '79 I guess so it was only 10 years old - but as you might recall cars only lasted 5 years then.

Of course I offered to buy it and of course she refused, but there's my personal '69 RS story this morning.

Thanks for twigging some fond memories from long, long ago sir. All the best to you and your family this holiday season Roger.

Merry Christmas and all the best in 2021.

Dwayne
nice car for sure, I had a 70 1/2 split bumper in high school an rs as well, regret ever getting rid of it.
Roger, any idea what he paid? I'm always curious because I like to see how much more I've spent on my car over what it's really worth. crazy

haven't asked.
Nice Camaro but I'd rather have the corner window pick up in the background. I wanted one when I was looking for my first rig back in 1973 but a regular cab 55 Chevy pickup was too good a deal to pass up so I settled for it with its little 283 and 3 on the tree.
he paid 30,000 for it.
he paid 30,000 for it.

Good deal. Whoever redid it, did a really nice job as far as I can see. I was guessing about 35 or 40K. I think that I have about 40K in my Chevelle. I'd be lucky to get 30 for it, but I'll never sell it, so it don't really matter.
he paid 30,000 for it.

Good deal. Whoever redid it, did a really nice job as far as I can see. I was guessing about 35 or 40K. I think that I have about 40K in my Chevelle. I'd be lucky to get 30 for it, but I'll never sell it, so it don't really matter.

you almost never get what you put in them unless its something like a number matching Hemi car
I HATE burnt orange....but I'd drive that car.
Originally Posted by slip_sinker

It's actually Hugger Orange.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=hugger+orange&atb=v106-1&iax=images&ia=images&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aeclassiccars.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F12%2F3-6.jpg

From the mouths of colorblind children.......:D

Me too. First I'd put an Oklahoma State University tag on it and then I'd drive it around Norman. smirk
should see her dad's 70 Chevelle 427, her uncle billy sold his 69ss camaro to a guy here in Corpus, I raced him at the strip in my charger and beat that car, was a big deal for me because growing up in Alice tx no one had ever beat it.
he paid 30,000 for it.

Still cheaper than a ring.
Oh yeah, she's got some serious skills. Like tying a cherry stem in a knot with her tongue skills. LOL
Originally Posted by Morewood
Bitchin' Camaro

Cuz my dad's the mayor
Originally Posted by smarquez
he paid 30,000 for it.

Still cheaper than a ring.

Much cheaper than a ring.....

I like that 5-window Deluxe Chevy behind it.
yeah, their whole family has some really nice rides. Her dad is about ten yrs older than me and i was 16 and had that
70 1/2 rs, I went to him for advice on making it faster. he has one of those cbx 6 cylinder honda bikes that is wicked fast.
Back in the early '70s there was a beautiful young blond who drove the circuit in a Corvette. On the back it said "If you can beat me you can eat me". Her father was a pretty skilled mechanic. Nobody ever beat her.
It's a SS Camaro with the Rally Sport option "hide away headlights" they are reffered to as SSRS Camaros.

Dean
that's true love
he paid 30,000 for it.

Roger, did he start with an RS 350?

Nice looking car, no matter what.

From what I can see, 30k may not have been a bad deal.
I hope there is some parity in that relationship, but there usually isn't. My first one was all give and take. I gave and she took. Hope that it isn't like that new GMC commercial on TV lately. She got a new puppy and he got the new GMC truck.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
he paid 30,000 for it.

Roger, did he start with an RS 350?

Nice looking car, no matter what.

not sure, think he bought it turn key.
stick or auto?
i am a gen2 guy but i do like those 1st rounders.

i had a plain jane 71 6 banger 3 speed manual when i was living in la and tx. one winter in pa and it went to schit. really wish i had stashed that thing in a barn somewhere. i would love to resto mod it with a stroked sbc.
Originally Posted by Windfall
I hope there is some parity in that relationship, but there usually isn't. My first one was all give and take. I gave and she took. Hope that it isn't like that new GMC commercial on TV lately. She got a new puppy and he got the new GMC truck.

yes, her younger sister is something else though, Jackie in the pic is my oldest sons age 33, the younger one is as beautiful but bat [bleep] crazy.
Originally Posted by Windfall

yes, her younger sister is something else though, Jackie in the pic is my oldest sons age 33, the younger one is as beautiful but bat [bleep] crazy.

🤗
Wow, that Camaro brings back memories. Back in the early 80s a friend had almost the exact red/black 69 RS your daughter has. Real gem there.

Those hidden headlights are vacuum operated if I remember correctly? The cowl induction hood and spoilers of the 69 were highly sought after, and could be ordered thru the local Chevy dealer back then. The 68 camaro owners would often replace theirs with the 69s for that look.
Nice!
Man that is sharp!
Roger, I'm with a couple of the other guys - the 5 window in the back got my attention.
'53 model?
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Roger, I'm with a couple of the other guys - the 5 window in the back got my attention.
'53 model?

I would have to ask, her.
Dang,a nice one. LOL Don't have that much jingle in my pockets for a toy. Good on him. She's a lucky one .
I've always wanted a 70 and 1/2. I was putting a satellite dish for a guy back in 1990 and he had a beautiful 70.5 z28 in his garage. He said it had belonged to his son that died in an accident the year before and that he wasn't ready to get rid of it but come see him in about 10 years. I went by about 10 years later and they had moved and it was gone.

My dad had a 67 rs ss with the headlight covers and a 325 horse 302. The car he always regrets having sold. I guess there wasn't many 67 rs ss made. He still has his 68 vette with a 427 with a 6 pack on it.

My family loves their old bowtie cars. I keep wanting to find one to start as a project for my boy but he's only 8 now and his dream car is a green AMC gremlin. I hope he grows out of that.

Bb
I f I had to pick one, it would be a '69 with a 302. RS/SS. I did however beat one in a drag race with my '63 Impala 409.
That's clean as a whistle! Sweet!
© 24hourcampfire