Home
Posted By: Valsdad How many pallets do you have - 12/26/20
Empty,

hanging around you place,?

stacked for later use?

Stored at your pop's place down the road?

Already in use as chicken gulags, firewood holders, target backers, compost bins, etc? Dang things are sure handy to have around.

Where do you find replacements or "new" ones?

Have any of those high tech polymer ones?

I counted mine up. I think I'm at thirteen now.

Who's the winner?
30 or 40 probably.

I do make deer blinds out of them, so the numbers vary from time to time.

They make great target stands/back boards too.
OK folks,

we've got 13 and 30-40.

Who can top rockin'?
I know there's some real ruralites out there. Someone has to have a 12x20 shed built out of them, tarpapered and all of that.
People act like pallets are junk(wood) not so . They will keep firewood off the ground and dry. Also pretty damn simple to reduce one to keep the wood stove warming your shop after they are shot. Mb
I get shipments on pallets weekly. Probably have 30 of them stacked up right now that I’ll donate to the fire department. I keep the ones that are made out of oak for myself.
Three or four in the garage.
Pile at the shop. Left over on jobs from masonry delivery. Some have refund value, ones that don’t we store things on to keep out of the mud, load with a forklift etc... damn nice in a drop yard to palletize everything
Number wise I’d say 30-40 like rockin
Posted By: Steve Re: How many pallets do you have - 12/26/20
5..? Maybe?
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
People act like pallets are junk(wood) not so . They will keep firewood off the ground and dry. Also pretty damn simple to reduce one to keep the wood stove warming your shop after they are shot. Mb

I get retired ones for exactly this purpose.
And added one one at either end of the small outside pile to support a cover that keeps the pine duff out as that stuff just holds water and defeats the purpose of getting them off the ground.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: How many pallets do you have - 12/26/20

Pallets, You believe me when I tell you we have around 1000 in our savage yard and another 2-300 in an old barn, We are slowly getting them hauled away, and sold to a guy that takes them to Mexico, 200 pallets to a load, but we have about 20 to 25 delivery's a week on pallets, they keep piling up. Rio7
We have 30-40 at all times. I split fire wood onto them to keep the wood off the ground. Right now I have 20 serving that purpose and another 20 or so at the lower barn waiting for spring. I also occasionally use them to support our boat when it's off the trailer. My nephew hauls a load up when I need them.
I do a bunch of different things with pallet wood. Not uncommon to find cherry, oaks, mahogany, and other cool exotics. I use or burn it fast enough to keep it down to 10 or so still assembled. One was dropped off the other day with rosewood and padauk slats...
When doing a big job at work we get all kinds of crates, from 5x10 flat to 10x40 with plywood sides. It’s generally a fight among the hourlies of who is taking them home to build fences, deerstands, and one guy in fact built a barn.

I’ve got a dozen or do regular 40x48s that primarily use for keeping firewood off the ground.
At least you didn't start the title off with "delicate topic"
Or include chainsaw as some part of it
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
At least you didn't start the title off with "delicate topic"
Or include chainsaw as some part of it

I didn't want to get too many hits and overload Rick's servers.
RIO7 seems to be the winner so far.

Rio's story reminds me of when I first moved here in fall of '16. One local business establishment has stacks of them on their property. Most of their product comes that way. I figured I could always use a few so asked about them. He would sell me some he told me. He was waiting to get enough for a tractor trailer load, blah blah. He appeared to me to have at least two loads already. Those pallets are still sitting there in stacks with new stacks grown up around them. It's hardly profitable to haul them out of here when the pallet rebuilding places are at least 3 hrs drive away and they get a steady supply from their local areas.

As far as I'm concerned they can stay there until they rot into the ground.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by slumlord

Chuy,

adonde vas?
If I had that many pallets I'd have a goat Gulag too.
Probably 12 for firewood.

Can get all I want fgor free from work.

My work used to get rolls of Mylar in on pallets made of 3 3x4" stringers and
3/4' plywood.Dad brought them home by the pickup load.
Numerous buildings were built by friends by toenailing the stringers and
using strips of plywood to plate the joint. 3x4 studded on 16" centers with
3/4" sheeting for the cost of a little more time and some extra nails.

We get some with beautiful pieces of wood. A few guys will cut between
the stringers and salvage the nice pieces. Then use the for crafts.

Pretty cheap, oak, ash, poplar, or cherry, usually.
Friend of mines grandpa built a summer cottage on a lake in NY out of pallet wood. Heard it was pretty nice.
A default has been activated.

Wild and outlandish claims notification.

Pics will be required

“1000 pallets”

lol
Oh yeah....I had one from Frito-Lay, all plastic and had wheels
Maybe a dozen or so

Dude, that would be sweet.

I could stack some split juniper on it and wheelie it over to the house, throw a blue tarp over it, anchor that with some dead tires and look like I fit in around here.
A lot. laugh
Originally Posted by wabigoon
A lot. laugh

I've been waiting for your answer.

A lot can mean different things to different folks.

Get out there between snowstorms and get us a count Wabi. grin
Too LAZY Geno!!!! laugh
Junk tires, good tires, spare wheels, rotted off wood posts, burn poles--. Yup!, I'm a redneck! laugh

Only in Nashvegas.
Got no plate showing.
Groid welfarite under the table cash schit....
Usually old bug eyed yellow jaundice booze hound looking ones.......

See it all the fugging time.....
Some fugging gypsy caravan schitt.

Fugga,s steal em from walmart and other places at whatever am in the morning.....
Or have others steal em and pay em, then resell em.
They get like 7 or 8 bucks a pallet for em at some outfit in Nashvegas.
Touchdown Titans!!!

lol
One of these kitchen cupboard drawers was made from a pallet in the mid 90's. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Can be money in them.

Standard 40'48s are in demand.

Our work stuff is heavy and odd size, so any skids are sized to match.
Inbounds are junked.

Outbound are purchased, often heat treated.

The guy who makes them for us deals in anything for a buck.
They actually buy screwed up ones by the truck load, fix them
one by one, and resale. Their is actually a grading system as
to condition, quality and value
We get pallets several times a year, which is how the books we publish are shipped from the printer. We use some of 'em to stack boxes of our books on, both in our garage and "warehouse" (a 5x10 storage unit). I also use a few for long-range target stands, but we give most of 'em to the older couple across the alley from use. He uses them for stacking firewood (we don't use our woodstove nearly as much), and when they start coming apart as kindling.
I just bought 160 plastic pallets from the old Parker bows factory that closed up. They are brand new. I’m going to build hunting blinds out of them and sell them. Little project that at 1.00 each I couldn’t let pass. I have one built now.
I need 6 of 8 as replacements for broken ones. Good ones are sent back to supplier. Crappy pallets are available. Don’t need more broken ones. 🙄
What does this dude win? I watched him build the addition onto his place over a couple months as I’d drive by for work. I’m sure everything is square.....
Originally Posted by srwshooter
I just bought 160 plastic pallets from the old Parker bows factory that closed up. They are brand new. I’m going to build hunting blinds out of them and sell them. Little project that at 1.00 each I couldn’t let pass. I have one built now.

renegade imposter here

"pics or it didn't happen"

wink

Honestly, that sounds cool and at $1 a piece you're not going to lose on the deal anyway. $160 won't last but a few minutes in Nevada!
Originally Posted by TheKid
What does this dude win? I watched him build the addition onto his place over a couple months as I’d drive by for work. I’m sure everything is square.....

This ^^^

is just what we're looking for in this thread.

Them blue ones can be pretty heavy duty.

We're you at that the county code enforcement hasn't come around.......................TX?
One seed corn company was charging 20, or more dollars deposit last spring.

Where is that?

Insulated and sided/trimmed nicely, and it’ll look good!
Originally Posted by ironbender
I need 6 of 8 as replacements for broken ones. Good ones are sent back to supplier. Crappy pallets are available. Don’t need more broken ones. 🙄

You need a buddy that works at a warehouse or somethin.

Sneak a good one out with the [bleep] ones every now and again for you.

"Third stack of crappy ones, fourth pallet down. That's the good one. But put a couple of the bad ones in your truck so the boss don't catch on"

It's good to know things.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
One seed corn company was charging 20, or more dollars deposit last spring.

A few years back there must have been a shortage as I heard of folks getting $12 for a fixable one.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

"Third stack of crappy ones, fourth pallet down. That's the good one. But put a couple of the bad ones in your truck so the boss don't catch on"

You crafty SOB!

I could stack some split juniper on it and wheelie it over to the house, throw a blue tarp over it, anchor that with some dead tires and look like I fit in around here.

Need a thread on tarps and things covered with tarps.

You crafty SOB!

Not a whole lot different than having a friend at the convenience store boosting a six pack out with the empty boxes every now and then. shocked

Well, get on it.

You DO know where the new thread button is, don't you?

This ^^^

We're you at that the county code enforcement hasn't come around.......................TX?

Code enforcement hahaha! I don’t know if there is any in rural SW Oklahoma. Most people just build whatever they want.
Probably 20-25. Mostly used to stack hay on.Most places that get in coming shipments on pallets will give them away.Not so much with Home Depot,Lowes,etc though
I’ve probably got 300-400 at the farm. Around the house I’ve only got a couple. I hate to look at chit just sitting around.
I’ve got 1/2 dozen. I use them in the garage to keep stuff off the floor so the salt water melting off the car doesn’t ruin it. Bikes, lawnmower, snowblower, smoker, etc.
Posted By: hanco Re: How many pallets do you have - 12/26/20
Not a damn one, deal with them enough at work.
Posted By: hanco Re: How many pallets do you have - 12/26/20
Not a damn one, deal with them enough at work.
With all the talk about hoarding ammo, that's what I thought this thread was going to be about "how many pallets of ammo do you have". grin
Posted By: Huntz Re: How many pallets do you have - 12/26/20
I used to live near a pallet factory.They used oak,hard maple and yellow birch for their pallets.I could buy the cut offs for $25.00 for a 4'x4'X8' box overflowing.I would use about 8 of those a winter in my wood burner and heat the whole house with them.

This ^^^

The blue ones are Chep.
And they are leased. Sooo, his are stolen.

Originally Posted by srwshooter

A customer made us quit using any paper or wood in anything we send them
except corrugated boxes.

Our pallet cost went from $30 to almost a hundred. Each.
Then the trucking companies broke the plastic legs on the new ones.
Now we are at around $120/pallet. They have a plastic "board" that goes
side to side on n the bottom of the legs front and back.

Yep. You got a deal.
Couple of dozen. Flooring in the wood sheds with vapor barrier underneath. Seven in a two chambered compost and a couple of spares, just in case.

Get mine from a flooring store.
3 still intact, another dozen dismantled for crafty projects.
Posted By: mart Re: How many pallets do you have - 12/26/20
I have 30-40. I get them from the local paint store. I will screw a couple 2x6s of the appropriate length to the underside to create a long lumber pallet for the sawmill. Let’s me pick up the whole stack with the pallet forks and keeps the stack flat. I do 8, 10, 12 and 16 foot. 20 and 24 foot stuff I usually stack on my rig mats if they’re not rented out. Stuff that long doesn’t stay around long. It’s either been ordered or I cut it to use right away.
Wife and daughters had a large yard sale back in August. Wanted me to put out some "barn sale" stuff as well to attract more buyers. Put out about 12 items. All pre-staged / strapped down onto pallets. Sale day, only took me about 20 minutes to move everything from the barn out along the roadway. Managed to sell 11 of the 12 items and ship the pallets down the road along with the goods. I got rid of pallets that were accumulating. Buyers were glad to have their stuff loaded with a skid steer... Win-Win...
I had 30 or so, until we decided to build a 32 foot duck blind. Most were used for that. The rest I just rcebtly burned cause they were in bad shape.
I haven’t counted in a while but probably around 150. I use them to stack square bales on in my hay barn. Work like a champ but can be a snake haven during the winter. Takes a lot of pallets to stack 1000-2000 squares on. But I’m able to sell the bottom bales that way.
How many pallets do you have

From the title of the original post I thought this was going to be a thread about how many pallets of 22 ammo that aomeone has squirreled away. I wasn't going to admit to having any since I would be called a hoarder.

drover
Trying to think what all we get on pallets.

And we don't have pallet forks so I offload it by hand...

Bags of cattle mineral by the ton.

Bags of corn/alfalfa seed.

Herbicide.

Net wrap.

Lick tubs.
(cattle)

Steel t-posts.

Barrels of Rotella.

That said there might be 3-4 pallets laying around, two of which from last week. I try to return them ASAP.

We have enough crap laying around as it is!

Got one that an aluminum exterior staircase came on; stringers, risers, steps all in pieces. Its made completely out of plywood never seen that before. Cheap plywood, 4 drops of rain and it'd swell up and start falling apart. Its going to the scrap guy.

This ^^^

Code enforcement hahaha! I don’t know if there is any in rural SW Oklahoma. Most people just build whatever they want.

Code enforcement wet dream in my county. Assessor of Property wants “her investments” protected.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Trying to think what all we get on pallets.

And we don't have pallet forks so I offload it by hand...

Bags of cattle mineral by the ton.

Bags of corn/alfalfa seed.

Herbicide.

Net wrap.

Lick tubs.
(cattle)

Steel t-posts.

That said there might be 3-4 pallets laying around, two of which from last week. I try to return them ASAP.

We have enough crap laying around as it is!

Fuggg......dude. Get your schit together.

A fork attachment for a John Deere loader tractor is like less than 1500 bucks.
Posted By: JimH Re: How many pallets do you have - 12/26/20
Keep several for stacking firewood on and keeping implements -bushog,tiller etc. off the ground.Just started putting some in thickets on my place for rabbitat.I cut up plastic chemical totes and screw tops on the pallets to waterproof them and cover the works with brush.
Jim, main problem is we don't have a building big enough to get a loader in to unload.

You've been by the farm, we short on room.
(suitable for a building...)

We need a Logcutter search light like Bricktop's!
Empty,

hanging around you place,?

stacked for later use?

Stored at your pop's place down the road?

Already in use as chicken gulags, firewood holders, target backers, compost bins, etc? Dang things are sure handy to have around.

Where do you find replacements or "new" ones?

Have any of those high tech polymer ones?

I counted mine up. I think I'm at thirteen now.

Who's the winner?

]

pallots of 22LR

Pallots of SP primmers...........

not telling........
Sam, the level pad for Jake's shed cost $6000, and that was with dirt on the farm.

This ^^^

Code enforcement wet dream in my county. Assessor of Property wants “her investments” protected.

You aught to load up the Country Squire and come on out to the land of the free Slum. You an Rene would probably fit right in around here.

Used to be an old single wide on the west end of town. When their boy got to be a teenager and needed his own space they bought about a 68 model Shasta 14’ camper. Cut a hole in the side of the trailer and set the camper up on 2 stacks about 4 pallets high and had them an “addition” wish I had a pic but the great flood of 00’ swept the whole works down the creek into the lake. The lake that’s the big town south of here’s water source!
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
3 still intact, another dozen dismantled for crafty projects.

Pinterest?

😂🤪
I dont have one.
I feel left out.

Feel all left out........ frown

I'm gonna go snag one behind wally world. smile
Look for a high quality one I can take a pic of and post it .
grin

Gunga Galunga
Hakuna Maatata

Make sure it's a plastic 4-way.
Originally Posted by kingston

I want a nice hardwood one with nice grain.
Well made.
In Excellent condition.

Something I can be proud to own.

Dont know what in the Fugg I'm gonna do with it.
But at least I can fit in with the 24 pallet cool kids.

It's like I'm on the outside looking in.

1st rule about pallet club is you dont talk about pallet club.

2nd rule about pallet club is you dont talk about pallet club.
Posted By: RayF Re: How many pallets do you have - 12/27/20
2 for firewood. 6 for archery bale foundation and buttess
Originally Posted by renegade50

Well made.
In Excellent condition.

Look at this guy wants a designer pallet right outa the gates.
C'mon man. You gotta put in some time.
Start with split schit wood pallets like we all had to and make do, get some miles in. Street cred. Then maybe down the road you'll end up with a quarter sawn tight grain mirror matching white oak planks pallet in NRA Excellent condition. Hahahahaha
I dont have one.
I feel left out.

grin

Make sure you gank a Chep - the Cadillac of pallets.
The real question is who doesn’t have 30 or 40 of these laying around?
Originally Posted by hillestadj
I dont have one.
I feel left out.

grin

The blue ones right????

LOL!!!
Pallet Club

I’ll give you one tomorrow you after we get back to the house.
Originally Posted by hillestadj
I dont have one.
I feel left out.

grin

The blue ones right????

LOL!!!

Yessir
I just want a nice pallet...

Dealt with schitty pallets in the army.
Pallets of ammo
Pallets of mre,s
Paletts of water.
Pallets of concertina wire
Pallets of what the fugg ever
Pallets dropped from helicopters.

Pallets of cable tray componets at the hemlock site
Stacking pallets at Quebcor with magizine pages
Handling and rigging pallets of stuff on oil rigs.

I want a nice pallet......

Not some stove the fugg up dirty POS.

A nice pallet just too say I have one to be part of pallet club.

If I can get a nice pallet.
My life would be complete.....
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: Dutch Re: How many pallets do you have - 12/27/20
I was going to say none, because my "pallet guy" came and picked them up today, but then I remembered I have a stack of 12 I'm using in lieu of a scaffold inside the hatchery doing some plumbing. They'll be gone in two weeks when my guy comes back. I can get about 4 and a half buck for them at the pallet place, but that's 70 miles away, and I'd have to have forty or fifty just to pay for sending a guy over there. So I take half that at the farm. Can't stand to just let stuff sit around and deteriorate.
The cabinet shop across from work puts out some nice big pallets regularly. Some as big as 5’x12’ and some hardwood. I’ve got too many around with plans for all sorts of projects. They have been super handy for chicken coop, wood sheds and storage, kids play fort, and just keeping stuff off the dirt.
Probably a hundred or a little more. Almost all our incoming freight is palletized.

This ^^^

That's kinda like TX...................... in a way.

I figured you must be nearby to it at least.

Well made.
In Excellent condition.

Always talk about pallet club.

It's a mark of distinction in many areas. Especially SW OK. The Kid knows of what I speak.

I think you need one to keep that spankin' new lawnmower you got Khan wife last year in pristine condition for next year's lawn mowing program. Don't want the neighbors making snide comments.

Namaste
Originally Posted by Salty303

Well made.
In Excellent condition.

Look at this guy wants a designer pallet right outa the gates.
C'mon man. You gotta put in some time.
Start with split schit wood pallets like we all had to and make do, get some miles in. Street cred. Then maybe down the road you'll end up with a quarter sawn tight grain mirror matching white oak planks pallet in NRA Excellent condition. Hahahahaha

Salty knows. He does.

a card carrying certified member of pallet club.............BC branch of the Canukian division.
Pallet Club

I’ll give you one tomorrow you after we get back to the house.

Ought to be a song, sung to a familiar tune.

What a Friend we have in Slumlord.

grin

Any man what gives up a pallet to a prospect for pallet club deserves an award or something.
Posted By: las Re: How many pallets do you have - 12/27/20
15-20
Originally Posted by Dutch
I was going to say none, because my "pallet guy" came and picked them up today, but then I remembered I have a stack of 12 I'm using in lieu of a scaffold inside the hatchery doing some plumbing. They'll be gone in two weeks when my guy comes back. I can get about 4 and a half buck for them at the pallet place, but that's 70 miles away, and I'd have to have forty or fifty just to pay for sending a guy over there. So I take half that at the farm. Can't stand to just let stuff sit around and deteriorate.

Scaffolding?

Sweet,

I think that's the first mention of that use on the thread so far. Congrats!
Originally Posted by las
15-20

6 pallets, make a cube, cut a hole in the lower right hand side of one, cover with a blue tarp.

Instant doghouse for a coupla sled dogs????

A neighbor that cuts and bales my hay also rebuilds pallets. Processes around 1500 a week on average. Must be good money in it or he wouldn't be involved. I only have two but should I need a few hundred I know where to find them.GW
Chicken Gulag for the one hen that damn near got killed by the rooster one day. I see one of those black plastic ones there. It faces south and her little hooch is backed up to it so she gets a bit of heat on sunny days. Feed bags are to keep the wind/rain/snow from blowing through the vented slats.

Crappy pic, with the sun glaring and all. I picked up the long pallet at the back of the compost bin at the place I got my freezer this summer. Much easier to make a side by side bin with an 8' pallet than having to wire together two 4' ones. Sturdier too! Got one of them big blue heavy bastids right in the center. That way I don't get any ideas about using it for something else and having to move that thing around either.

I do have a little shorty pallet thing, with a plywood top on it, just right to sit a bale of straw on. Old piece of plastic shed roofing over the bale, a hunk of 4x6 about 5' long, and a coupla good size rocks holds that down from the south wind which blows every three days or so. And there's another one of the black plastic ones in the shop/garage for keeping used oil jugs and batteries off the floor. Trash can sits on it too.
I don't have any pallets right now. Several years ago, I was with a group that had a deer camp we put together with a travel trailer off the grid, so to speak. I scrounged up a few pallets and nailed them together, two high with 3 sides. Then tacked on some out of date plastic political signs for siding and a flat roof. Picked up a used "handicapped" toilet chair at a resale shop for it and had a fine redneck outhouse. Did not bother with a door, just put the open side a couple of feet from a fair sized cedar and facing south, away from the northern winds. Tied it down good with a rope to the bottom of two small trees. Added a nail to hang your coat on and a large size coffee can with lid for a waterproof toilet paper holder, we were good to go.
Got a couple in the back yard laying on plastic with potting soil poured in them, for growing pepper plants between the slats. Peppers grow really well on them.

Well made.
In Excellent condition.

Always talk about pallet club.

It's a mark of distinction in many areas. Especially SW OK. The Kid knows of what I speak.

I think you need one to keep that spankin' new lawnmower you got Khan wife last year in pristine condition for next year's lawn mowing program. Don't want the neighbors making snide comments.

Namaste

LOL!!!
Posted By: KFWA Re: How many pallets do you have - 12/27/20
I had home depot deliver several packs of shingles to me. I was looking at the bill and they charged me a $15 deposit for the pallet.

Lowes just gave me one when I had them deliver some concrete
Chicken Gulag for the one hen that damn near got killed by the rooster one day. I see one of those black plastic ones there. It faces south and her little hooch is backed up to it so she gets a bit of heat on sunny days. Feed bags are to keep the wind/rain/snow from blowing through the vented slats.

Crappy pic, with the sun glaring and all. I picked up the long pallet at the back of the compost bin at the place I got my freezer this summer. Much easier to make a side by side bin with an 8' pallet than having to wire together two 4' ones. Sturdier too! Got one of them big blue heavy bastids right in the center. That way I don't get any ideas about using it for something else and having to move that thing around either.

I do have a little shorty pallet thing, with a plywood top on it, just right to sit a bale of straw on. Old piece of plastic shed roofing over the bale, a hunk of 4x6 about 5' long, and a coupla good size rocks holds that down from the south wind which blows every three days or so. And there's another one of the black plastic ones in the shop/garage for keeping used oil jugs and batteries off the floor. Trash can sits on it too.

Chicken Gulag.
LOL!!!
Local concrete block co. charges $35 deposit on pallets. Worth taking back!
I used to burn them. Boss asked about how hard it was pulling all the nails. Dimwit, cut between the nails and the nails come out with the ashes.

I have had walnut, lots of oak, and cottonwood

I have thought about that. Insulating would be interesting.
I proubly have 2000 at any given time, some are in use, such as firewood stacked on them, other material stored on them, have a many stacked up to act as a shelter, kinds use them for jumps on there dirt bikes, work good for a temporary walkway path in a wet wooded area, work good for stapling paper targets to at range, can cut them up as firewood, so many uses pallets have. Good trade item to have on hand. So thats why I keep many around.
I had to take a 24 hour timeout from the pallet thread.

I hurt someone’s feelings. Got a PM. lol
And I'll have you know I'm still a little upset.

Perhaps I've missed it but who all raided the local co-op pallet stash for weekend high school bonfire parties?
Hunting blind I made from pallets... grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Got my old Lazy Boy office chair in there!

Carpet. Hey! Uptown! laugh

Shaking my head....

Assuming that is a hidden pig blasting station so I don't fault the technique at all....lol
Close to a thousand

I sell them for $2
Shaking my head....

Assuming that is a hidden pig blasting station so I don't fault the technique at all....lol

It is!

Damn pigs. Hate them!

That tripod in there is to hold the thermal scoped rifle. All I gotta do is sit back and wait. smile
Posted By: RIO7 Re: How many pallets do you have - 12/28/20

We use pallets to make brush blinds, easy to put up and take down and move, ours are not as nice as rockinbbar's but they damn sure work. Rio7
Posted By: RIO7 Re: How many pallets do you have - 12/28/20

Slumlord,If you weren't so damn lazy you would know where over 1000 pallets are and you wouldn't be calling me a lier, YOUR A ASSS HOLE, and i'm not lying. Rio7
Posted By: EdM Re: How many pallets do you have - 12/28/20
The last time I messed with a pallet was 35+ years ago in college on Avila Beach. We had killer parties then.
Originally Posted by RIO7

Slumlord,If you weren't so damn lazy you would know where over 1000 pallets are and you wouldn't be calling me a lier, YOUR A ASSS HOLE, and i'm not lying. Rio7

Now you’ve hurt my feelwins

But I’ll spare you a matching psychotic rant via PM crazy

lol

Note* one of the other ole timers might send you a PM about your grammar. 😂🤣😂🤣

I’m good with it. Carry on

toot toot !! lol

i got lots in various uses and level of decay. i use them for walls and floors for wood cribs and all kind of other stuff. sawzwall the nicer ones and reuse the wood. built a big portable bar that i use for family parties and loan out to friends. 16"x10' piece of roughcut white pine for a top. after a nice long life, quite a few end up in the fire ring. lots of sources of them around here. i will say, the quality of pallets seems to have declined over the past few years. more garbage wood anymore. used to get some nice oak, cherry, and maple and so other hard woods.
And I'll have you know I'm still a little upset.

Perhaps I've missed it but who all raided the local co-op pallet stash for weekend high school bonfire parties?

You too huh Sam? We’d always snag a truckload behind the dock at the COOP and head down to the municipal boat ramp to burn em up and drink some Stones. We always picked up all the nails after burning 8 pallets at the top of the ramp too......
And I’m sure there was never any broken glass🙄
Originally Posted by EdM
The last time I messed with a pallet was 35+ years ago in college on Avila Beach. We had killer parties then.

Got a Niece whos a PD Detective in Obispo.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by EdM

I doubt she'd get called for regular pallet fire parties.

Now, build up a good stack and put on a couple of magnesium VW blocks. The light draws in other partiers, and sometimes cops, from miles around.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Hunting blind I made from pallets... grin

Got my old Lazy Boy office chair in there!

Carpet. Hey! Uptown! laugh

rockinbbar is rockin' the pallet blind!
Originally Posted by RIO7

Now you’ve hurt my feelwins

But I’ll spare you a matching psychotic rant via PM crazy

lol

Note* one of the other ole timers might send you a PM about your grammar. 😂🤣😂🤣

I’m good with it. Carry on

toot toot !! lol

you two just get along now.

or no cookies.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by EdM

I doubt she'd get called for regular pallet fire parties.

Now, build up a good stack and put on a couple of magnesium VW blocks. The light draws in other partiers, and sometimes cops, from miles around.

She was one of the college kids at the beach blanket parties at Avila at one time burning wood and MJs. Kind of a petite thing but wicked with a nightstick.
We used to get a LOT of pallets with sacks of feed.
Not nearly as many, since we started buying range cubes bulk - delivered into overhead bins.
© 24hourcampfire