Home
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Alarm too.
Originally Posted by OldHat
Alarm too.

Alarms abound.......[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Handsome dog
That's a good boy!
They have been the first alert since the cave man days. Still hard to beat.
Mastiff?
irish setter
Originally Posted by viking
Mastiff?

I'm thinking Fila Brasileiro. Good looking dog. Great protectors.

[Linked Image from ckcusa.com]
Here's my first line of home defense.

[Linked Image]

It order ......location, motion detectors on perimeter accesses (dogs respond to motion detector alarms) motion lights, and the 2nd Amendment! memtb
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

[Linked Image]

We rented a house to a young woman veterinarian. She said she had a Boxer. I went over there to show her the place and she had a brindle Pit that looks a lot like yours. I just smiled and said, "That's a stocky looking Boxer".

But the dog seemed okay, so I didn't push it.

Besides, they seem like good renters. The woman is a Vet and her boyfriend is a crew leader for a tree cutting place.
that would do it.

our dog is at the point where he knows the Amazon and UPS trucks by sound. He'll hear them coming up the road before he can see them and gets all worked up about it.This happens like 4 times a day now.

Mine isn't very effective except against red squirrels and squeaky toys.
Truly difficult to beat a good dog for this task.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

[Linked Image]

We rented a house to a young woman veterinarian. She said she had a Boxer. I went over there to show her the place and she had a brindle Pit that looks a lot like yours. I just smiled and said, "That's a stocky looking Boxer".

Besides, they seem like good renters. The woman is a Vet and her boyfriend is a crew leader for a tree cutting place.

Mine is mostly (90%) a combination of English Bullmastiff and English Bulldog.
[Linked Image]

Let's play .
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Is that an Airdale or a Schnauzer, pray tell?
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs

Is that an Airedale or a Schnauzer, pray tell?

Airedale

[Linked Image]

That explains the size of his noggin.
Guard dogs are okay....but they shouldn't be pets.

And the shortness of his muzzle. It's pretty much flat on his face.
Our driveway comes through our orchard. Be aware!

[Linked Image from snopes.com]
My Lab is everybody's buddy. But everybody doesn't know that. He starts bouncing around and barking like he's going to tear your leg off whenever anybody comes within 50 yards of the house. He's 82 pounds and still has his balls, so he has an impressive voice.

Airedale

Yep, she's an Airedale. Almost 5 years old and north of 80 pounds. One of the strongest dogs I've ever dealt with. Sounds mean as hell when she's playing with all the growling and snapping, but she turns it off in an instant when she knows that play time is over. Tons of character and sweet as heck.
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah

Better get a taller fence cause when he see something he wants ..........
They are noisy anyway.... at home. In a hotel they are getting to be pretty good about not being noisy with hallway sounds outside the room. Honey has a year more experience, so is better at it, but Choko (obtained at 8 weeks) is learning. Takes his cues from Honey, largely. As it should be. He has better hearing I think, or at least is often the first to respond.

When I got Honey as a rescue 18 mo old, (on a chain the whole time, I think). I had to teach her everything but her name, come, and No (taken under advisement then, not now), including how to play growl, about butt scratches, and belly rubs. I might have created a monster..... smile

They like the UPS guy. He has treats!

Mastiff?

Partly.
Fila Brasileiro. Mastif Bulldog and Bloodhound
Originally bred in Brazil to catch runaway slaves. Now used as guard and cattle dogs.

[Linked Image]

I have a friend that has a dog that looks almost like yours. His name is Kevlar! I can't remember what breed it is!
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn

She can clear that fence easily. There are three other fenced pens and, if she is of a mind to join any of the other dogs, she does so. In the process of running electric fence atop the chain link right now. Her days pf wandering are about to be over. Oddly, she has never jumped out into the open yard, just between dog pens.

[Linked Image]

Jaws with 4 legs.
Good lookin dog. I bet that son ova gun could put down a 3lb ribeye in about 2 seconds flat.

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Guard dogs are okay....but they shouldn't be pets.

My pets ain’t even pets. I tend to them well but they like to feel like they’re earning their keep. They are pretty independent, we don’t do the clingy needy schit around here. It seems to work well all the way around.
When Shadow isn't out getting drunk, she makes a good alarm dog.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Home owner insurance will lova a Fila.....Most places wont allow them. Cool dog nonetheless!
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
When Shadow isn't out getting drunk, she makes a good alarm dog.

From the looks of all those beads she must have a nice set of tits on her

Couldn't get the Fugger's head in a laundry basket.

Lol.
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn

She can clear that fence easily. There are three other fenced pens and, if she is of a mind to join any of the other dogs, she does so. In the process of running electric fence atop the chain link right now. Her days pf wandering are about to be over. Oddly, she has never jumped out into the open yard, just between dog pens.

Buddy of mine had his dog catch a hind leg jumping chainlink fence. They spent untold thousands on vet bills. Makes me cringe just thinking about seeing it happen.
Evnin gang, Buinruin you might be surprised when the chips are down. Bill out. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦
Nice looking first line of home defense guys!
Mastiff?

Partly.
Fila Brasileiro. Mastif Bulldog and Bloodhound
Originally bred in Brazil to catch runaway slaves. Now used as guard and cattle dogs.

Just had one in the kennel for a week. It was a nice dog and all but you could easily see what he could be capable of.

Hey! You changed the living room around........

That's a scholarly looking mut there Scot.
This one is Rocky, my first line of security. He's the best alarm system ever devised. A squirrel cannot cross the back deck without him knowing about it. And letting US know about it. His utility won't stop at just detection, either. I've seen how he regards strangers, and I see intruders as a way of decreasing dogfood expenditures. He's no 130-pound Rottweiler, but he's no pushover either. What he lacks in size will be made up for with pure, unadulterated attitude.

I think I caught him here just as he was about to sneeze.

I posted about some issues with him a couple of years ago. I am happy to report that he's become every bit as much my dog as any of the others I've ever had. He came from an abusive environment, but it didn't spoil his sweet natured-ness. Since that time, there's been a whole lot of gentle talk, physical contact, and general positive attention given and that's what it took to gain his trust. He's curled up snoozing on the carpet right next to me right now. He has become a truly great dog!

Someone referred to his breed as the "Great White American Landshark." Not too far from the truth, but if you can gain one of these little carpetmonsters' affection and loyalty, no one will be helping their self to your stuff.
[Linked Image]
Soon to be.

Originally Posted by RayF
[Linked Image]

Beautiful dog!
What would we do without our Dogs.
The brown brindle is a pretty good judge of character. He’ll try to load up in the local ups delivery truck. He’s also stood between my wife and other drivers/workers with his body posture making his intent more than obvious. He’s big enough that it makes strangers pause before entering. The 23lb black female runs the household. She’s not much of an alarm for anything except squirrels but it’s comical to watch her keeping him in line

Airedale

I was always under the impression these were very protective......my sister had a Male years ago, had some of the sharpest teeth of any I've been around.

Airedale

I was always under the impression these were very protective......my sister had a Male years ago, had some of the sharpest teeth of any I've been around.
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
The brown brindle is a pretty good judge of character. He’ll try to load up in the local ups delivery truck. He’s also stood between my wife and other drivers/workers with his body posture making his intent more than obvious. He’s big enough that it makes strangers pause before entering.

Incredible likeness in looks and behavior as my last one....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Three pounds of home security! He thinks so, and I don't want to be the one to tell him otherwise!

Belgian Malinois nothing gets past him, smartest dog i ever had
Originally Posted by kennymauser
Three pounds of home security! He thinks so, and I don't want to be the one to tell him otherwise!

We had a badass Yorkie when I was a kid. He thought he was a real tough guy. He couldn't be contained, either. Let him out into the fenced in back yard, and he'd dig his way out, and would be gone for the day, and come back before dark. We eventually found what he did during the day: He hung out with a group of large loose dogs who would often venture miles from our house during the day.
Originally Posted by OldHat
Alarm too.

Alarms abound.......[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Dang it! When’s he gonna take us to run rabbits??
© 24hourcampfire