Home
Posted By: JakeBlues Convention of the States - 01/03/21
If they really steal this election, it's time. We've had majority control of the state legislatures for years. And it doesn't happen this year, we better widen our margin at the states in the mid terms and do it then. We need a "by the people for the people moment" ASAP. It's the only thing short of massive civil unrest in every city to change anything. DC and America is ruled by the ruling class, foreign interests, special interests, corporations and billionaire puppet masters. And courts are more concerned about AVOIDING a constitutional crisis by playing a part in anything to do with the election. Well guess what azzholes, you've CREATED a constitutional crisis by not having the balls and integrity to DO YOUR FUGGING JOB. It's past time to take back some of DC's power over us. First on my list of requests would be to STRENGTHEN the 2nd amendment, including specific stop gap provisions to block gun control efforts in the future.
You wanna turn the Constitution over for modification to the same spineless suits that have let things get to this point? Ummm, no.

What have WE gotten fixed so far? You know, to show that we might have the ability to predict what would come of this gambit?
my list of requests would be to STRENGTHEN the 2nd amendment

not one more dime
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Convention of the States - 01/04/21
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
You wanna turn the Constitution over for modification to the same spineless suits that have let things get to this point? Ummm, no.

What have WE gotten fixed so far? You know, to show that we might have the ability to predict what would come of this gambit?

No, the constitution is being used as toilet paper by the people in DC. People OUTSIDE of DC need to take it back.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Convention of the States - 01/04/21
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

No, the constitution is being used as toilet paper by the people in DC. People OUTSIDE of DC need to take it back.

I’ve been hoping that this will happen. It will take some very strong state politicians to man up. Our founding fathers gave us this option. I pray that it is used.
Originally Posted by IZH27

I’ve been hoping that this will happen. It will take some very strong state politicians to man up. Our founding fathers gave us this option. I pray that it is used.

I'm about 99% confident if we did this, people will be asking why didn't do it 20 years ago. DC has been neutering the power of the people and the states for far too long.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Convention of the States - 01/04/21
A Convention of the States may be a dangerous path to take.
But it beats the living hell out of a civil war. I don’t know where this is headed, but a civil war is preferable to a commie takeover, and if it takes a Convention of the States to avoid that, count me in!
7mm
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
A Convention of the States may be a dangerous path to take.
7mm

I'm afraid there are no non dangerous options left brother.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Convention of the States - 01/04/21
Sadly, near all states have policy dictated by 1 or 2 metropolitan sectors. Rural America is lost.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Sadly, near all states have policy dictated by 1 or 2 metropolitan sectors. Rural America is lost.

Republicans control around 60% of the state legislatures. It's basically the only power center where we have a super majority left.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Convention of the States - 01/04/21

Yep, the constitution is just fine, the 2nd amendment needs no extra wording, no revisions necessary. It's up to we the people to decide whether we want to follow it or not.

Like Ben Franklin said after ratifying the constitution " .... A republic, if you can keep It".
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Convention of the States - 01/04/21

Because the constitution is worth a damn as a document absolutely no one pays any attention to?
There's a reason why the convention of the states is included in the constitution. And it not so that we can ignore it and hope schit gets better. It's for this very time when power is too concentrated in the federal government.
There's a reason why the convention of the states is included in the constitution. And it not so that we can ignore it and hope schit gets better. It's for this very time when power is too concentrated in the federal government.

So explain the process you envision taking place to deconcentrate the power from the feds.
That’s a dangerous line to cross and a can of worms that I don’t think we oughta open. The majority of the cucks in DC including state reps are untrustworthy traitors, I don’t want them having anything to do with perverting our sacred document. We don’t need to amend our Constitution, we need to live by the words written. Why would anyone trust politicians to abide by the will of the people? They have nothing but contempt for the Constitution because it restrains their power and if they’re allowed to change it you can be damn sure that any changes will NOT benefit We the People!

We need to fix our election, drain the swamp, punish the traitors, disband several (if not more) alphabet agencies and clean the SCOTUS. The most honored of all the judiciary is the SCOTUS, they’re supposed to be guided by the Constitution, unbiased in their application of the law and above the political infighting. Unfortunately most of the SCOTUS has ignored their obligations and the standard of conduct that’s expected of them has been bribed and extorted out of existence.

Until we’ve cleaned house from top to bottom I hope the Constitution stays locked up tight. There’s nothing wrong with it as it stands, we can’t even get the protections enumerated therein.
It would be nice to force some election standards on them so it's at least a LITTLE harder to cheat and get away with it. Making the # of judges on the scotus a fixed amount would be worthwhile so the commies can't pack it. Make it a crime to vote on a bill you haven't read so they can't turn a 200 page bill into a 5,000 page pork orgy. And how about this? For every 100 pages in a proposed bill, it must be posted on the public congress web site, IN IT'S FINAL FORM, for a day for EVERYONE to read and scrutinize. So when they put out a 5,500 page dumpster of crap, instead of 6 hours to review it, it has to be online for 55 days, WITHOUT CHANGES.
Oh yeah, and enforce some term limits on all their asses, including the scotus. There's no way in hell that will EVER happen unless the states impose it.
Originally Posted by SBTCO

So explain the process you envision taking place to deconcentrate the power from the feds.

As OP mentioned, forcing term limits on all federal politicians and scotus justices would take a massive amount of power out of DC. No more 40 year scumbags like Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, Sander, RGB etc. That's a huge start and sends a clear message.
Having a convention will not give carte blanch for anyone to change a damm thing.

It is called for things that have been agreed upon ahead of time.

Some folks really need to read up on this.
Educate yourselves here on the Article V Convention of States
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Having a convention will not give carte blanch for anyone to change a damm thing.

I understand but I don’t trust them. There are plenty of laws that don’t apply to them only to us Serfs.

They don’t even abide by the Constitution now.

It’s a false assumption but one that Americans always fall for.....create more laws instead of enforcing the ones we have.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Convention of the States - 01/04/21
Mark Levin wrote an excellent book on this. But that will never happen. We can't even get the bastards, including SCOTUS, to follow the Constitution.
Posted By: viking Re: Convention of the States - 01/04/21
Liberal blood......

As OP mentioned, forcing term limits on all federal politicians and scotus justices would take a massive amount of power out of DC. No more 40 year scumbags like Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, Sander, RGB etc. That's a huge start and sends a clear message.

Sounds fine, that can be done without a CC.
Just takes will.

Correct. For right now it's more of a movement than anything. Lots of Constitutional scholars and law makers discussing means for addressing what we're witnessing on a daily basis with abuse of centralized power, among other things. But the very mature of this lends itself to what I am saying. There are certain measures and changes that will NEVER HAPPEN unless there are initiated outside of DC, because of the self licking ice cream cone nature of the beast.

Just takes will.

No offense, but are you out of your mind? The odds of politicians in DC imposing term limits on themselves is about 1 in 1,000,000,000,000.
Posted By: DMc Re: Convention of the States - 01/04/21
I agree it's needed. Term limits and a way to break lifetime appointments.
Posted By: DMc Re: Convention of the States - 01/04/21
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I understand but I don’t trust them. There are plenty of laws that don’t apply to them only to us Serfs.

They don’t even abide by the Constitution now.

It’s a false assumption but one that Americans always fall for.....create more laws instead of enforcing the ones we have.

Exactly, but the DOJ and 3-letter agencies are ALL corrupt now.
Originally Posted by DMc
I agree it's needed. Term limits and a way to break lifetime appointments.

If the convention accomplished nothing else besides term limits, it would still be worthwhile.
I can’t believe the people in this thread who witnessed what just happened and who think that something short of an Article V convention will work. It’s pretty much the last step before revolution or servitude. And frankly, it’s something that should be tried before anything else.
Posted By: Osky Re: Convention of the States - 01/04/21
I think it’s long overdue. In the convention should be mandatory every 20 years or so along with term limits.
Some say look at the idiots in charge now, we don’t dare. I say the old saying is true: we may not know what we’ll get, but we do know what we already have.
Looking at the last election map and how much was red and how little was blue if you don’t have a convention now, I don’t know when you can.
I’m sure the founders are looking down saying: we gave you the means, what the he ll are you waiting for??

Osky
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I can’t believe the people in this thread who witnessed what just happened and who think that something short of an Article V convention will work. It’s pretty much the last step before revolution or servitude. And frankly, it’s something that should be tried before anything else.

Yep.
Originally Posted by JoeBob

I agree. I think some of the newly elected rookies on the right are a much needed addition in this extraordinary time. They appear to be pro-Trump, pro-constitution and would be more amenable to Article 5 since they’re not ingrained politicians that have been bought off.imho

We first must focus and fight for our Republic, NOTHING else matters if our elections are fake and our 3 branches of government are owned by special interests and the CCP.

Just takes will.

No offense, but are you out of your mind? The odds of politicians in DC imposing term limits on themselves is about 1 in 1,000,000,000,000.

And expecting those same "politicians" making changes to the constitution via a CC in favor of term limits is somehow going to happen?
Who has lost their mind?

Just takes will.

And expecting those same "politicians" making changes to the constitution via a CC in favor of term limits is somehow going to happen?
Who has lost their mind?

You realize we're talking about non federal politicians correct? They aren't imposing anything on themselves. That's why it would work.
Fed politicians will not be making up anything,

It is done by State folks,you know regular human beings that live close to home.

I.E.easier to get to.

They usually tend to do right by their folks.

Just takes will.

Who has lost their mind?

You realize we're talking about non federal politicians correct? They aren't imposing anything on themselves. That's why it would work.

So you are going to put your trust in the "non fed politicians" from CA. OR. WA. CO. NM. MN. NV. LA. NH. VT. NY. RI. GA. IL. MI. PA. ME. NJ. DE. MD. RI. VA. WV. IA........?

Tell me again how you are going to get the three fourths majority (that be 38 states) to pass anything that DOESN'T screw us over?

You are naïve in the extreme to think state legislators are not in bed with their fed. counter parts/parties in one form or another.
How are we going to be screwed over worse than we are already?
Any changes that came out of a convention would have to be ratified by 3/4 of the states, 38 of them. The states have different ways of ratifying amendments. After the Equal Rights Amendment, Idaho's legislature jumped on it and ratified it immediately. They they stepped back and looked at what the amendment really did. Then they rescinded the ratification.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Convention of the States - 01/04/21
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
That’s a dangerous line to cross and a can of worms that I don’t think we oughta open. The majority of the cucks in DC including state reps are untrustworthy traitors, I don’t want them having anything to do with perverting our sacred document. We don’t need to amend our Constitution, we need to live by the words written. Why would anyone trust politicians to abide by the will of the people? They have nothing but contempt for the Constitution because it restrains their power and if they’re allowed to change it you can be damn sure that any changes will NOT benefit We the People!

We need to fix our election, drain the swamp, punish the traitors, disband several (if not more) alphabet agencies and clean the SCOTUS. The most honored of all the judiciary is the SCOTUS, they’re supposed to be guided by the Constitution, unbiased in their application of the law and above the political infighting. Unfortunately most of the SCOTUS has ignored their obligations and the standard of conduct that’s expected of them has been bribed and extorted out of existence.

Until we’ve cleaned house from top to bottom I hope the Constitution stays locked up tight. There’s nothing wrong with it as it stands, we can’t even get the protections enumerated therein.

What good is The Constitution when State Governors and AGs and the Supreme Court ignore it and do what they want.Two thirds of the checks and balances plus the media has gone rouge .The only way to fix it is to tear it down and start over.That will not happen as long as people sit on their asses and spout off on internet forums and it ends there."We have met the Enemy and it is us".
It doesn't require a majority of anyone to simply say, "No. No more."

They have you thinking this is a numbers game. It isn't. They have you thinking you are bound to things you never agreed to. You aren't. Freedom is the ability to say, "No."

The major and most essential problem is that good men keep acquiescing as line after line is crossed. They are only small lines, small defeats, small thefts, so it is hard to justify resorting to unpleasant actions. Taken as a whole, and adding in the fiscal destruction of a significant proportion of small business over some hopped-up virus nonsense, along with new Stazi-esque governors, and finally, having to watch the schitshow of fraudulent elections in real time, I hope that many can now see that unpleasant action by good men are long overdue. We get exactly as much tyranny as we are willing to tolerate, and not a hair more.
As a tool for limiting government, the Constitution is a failure. Too many people around here treat it as if it is some sort of magical and sacred thing. It isn’t. It’s a piece of paper that becomes nothing more than ancient asswipe as soon as people quit paying attention to it and enforcing it. All laws are thus.
Posted By: las Re: Convention of the States - 01/04/21
If they really steal this election, it's time. We've had majority control of the state legislatures for years. And it doesn't happen this year, we better widen our margin at the states in the mid terms and do it then. We need a "by the people for the people moment" ASAP. It's the only thing short of massive civil unrest in every city to change anything. DC and America is ruled by the ruling class, foreign interests, special interests, corporations and billionaire puppet masters. And courts are more concerned about AVOIDING a constitutional crisis by playing a part in anything to do with the election. Well guess what azzholes, you've CREATED a constitutional crisis by not having the balls and integrity to DO YOUR FUGGING JOB. It's past time to take back some of DC's power over us. First on my list of requests would be to STRENGTHEN the 2nd amendment, including specific stop gap provisions to block gun control efforts in the future.

And strongly consider one state/one vote for presidential consideration. I'm still pondering this myself..... but the pukes would HAVE to cheat-win in at least 26 states, instead of 4 or 5, and the city folks would not control the regular folks by so much, country-wide.......
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Convention of the States - 01/06/21
It's time to go nuclear, do an Article V convention, force term limits on DC, have them go effective immediately and retroactively, and fire half of Congress in the next 2-4 years.
Originally Posted by las

And strongly consider one state/one vote for presidential consideration. I'm still pondering this myself..... but the pukes would HAVE to cheat-win in at least 26 states, instead of 4 or 5, and the city folks would not control the regular folks by so much, country-wide.......
It takes 38 states to ratify an amendment. We couldn't get 38 any more than they could.
Y’all mofos calm tf down sit back and drink your fiber one ain’t a gawtdamn thing goin to happen, this is exactly what the gubmint wants is full control!
© 24hourcampfire