Originally Posted by k20350
Higher than the nuts on a giraffe

Feel free to sit this one out.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
Originally Posted by k20350
Higher than the nuts on a giraffe

Nice!!
Posted By: gunzo Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
Whew! Didn't know till just the other day.

A guy asked about a NIB CDL SF I have & I thought I'd look at GB. Hell, I've got a collectors item it seems. But they have gotten scarce as hell. Can't remember how many warehouses & distributors Bud's draws from, but they don't show a single 700 available.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
Originally Posted by gunzo
Whew! Didn't know till just the other day.

A guy asked about a NIB CDL SF I have & I thought I'd look at GB. Hell, I've got a collectors item it seems. But they have gotten scarce as hell. Can't remember how many warehouses & distributors Bud's draws from, but they don't show a single 700 available.

"Remington" isn't making guns right now. That might have something to do with it...
Posted By: NEBHUNTER Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
Heck I have 2 Just like that.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
Obviously, but wouldn't have expected prices to double in a few months.

WTF is wrong with people, gotta have it after they can't. They could discontinue the squirts & folks would want them.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21

"Remington" isn't making guns right now. That might have something to do with it...[/quote]

Will they ever make them again?
If someone picks up the R 700 and other Rems, wonder what the cost will be?
Posted By: foxs Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
I also have 2 like that. They are no longer made.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
It wasn't that long ago you could buy a Springfield Armory M1A for $795. Its all about supply and demand.
Yes Remington prices are justa tad ridiculous,
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/887746547

Ronnie
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
I’d be willing to let a 700 ADL in either .223 or .243 go for half that. I’ll even throw in the unmarked Leupold scopes they come with from the factory...Collectors. Items.
Posted By: Slavek Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
Originally Posted by 100grNP
You can get Bergara at half cost and Howa at 1/3 dost. Why do you want a Remington product? The only Remington product I would consider is the Depression Era wonder aka Model 32. They used to be affordable until Ole' guys found out only about 6000 units were made and that was the end of that. The Petrick design lockup is so good that it is used in Krieghoff shotguns. The Italians and Fins also produced shotguns/rifles on that mechanism.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
Woohoo! Who wants to buy a collectible “Post Dupont”, “Pre-Roundhill Group LLC”, Remington 870 Express???? Back when quality “meant something”. Only $600!!!
Posted By: Colorado1135 Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
WTF do so many members make a bait click subject line and then just post a link?

Just stupid and a feeble attempt at attention.
If you're going to pay something, then give it some content
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Woohoo! Who wants to buy a collectible “Post Dupont”, “Pre-Roundhill Group LLC”, Remington 870 Express???? Back when quality “meant something”. Only $600!!!

I suggest old used Ithaca 37 for about $300. That is slightly modified Remington Model 17 which was one of the best pumps ever made. This was wonderful 20ga build to very high standard (the solid rib was part of the barrel not soldered on as in other shotguns). I noticed one thing about Remington. Some of their best designs were taken over by others. Model 32 became Krieghoff, Model 17 became Ithaca 37, Model 31 was modified into Mossberg 500.
I guess what I am saying is when you pick up Ithaca 37/87 just think of it as a Remington. Easy, yes?
Posted By: Uncle_Alvah Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
33 bids on that Model 7. I didn't notice how many bidders.
Posted By: Papag Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
The clown who bought the shop where I worked for ten years had an 870 Expess, used, no extras,on the back at $569.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
I have a really nice Sportsman 78 in 30-06 that oughta be getting close to $1K???????????? Uff-Da.
Posted By: kingston Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
WTF do so many members make a bait click subject line and then just post a link?

Just stupid and a feeble attempt at attention.
If you're going to pay something, then give it some content

#attentionwhores
Posted By: kingston Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
Personally, I appreciate anyone who take the time to post a link.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
Remington deserved to go bankrupt. Junk triggers, junk extractor, no side bolt release, suspect barrels... too many other better options these days...
Posted By: jmh3 Re: Remington prices... - 01/04/21
This is starting to look like a bargain.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...belled-are-all-nib-.cfm?gun_id=101569084
I remember back in the 1980s and 90s thinking seriously about getting a Model 7 Remington. As I recall, they were somewhat hard to find even back then.
If this continues prices of used Junkingtons will equal those of Cooper Arms! crazy
© 24hourcampfire