My uncle had one named General Lee

So I can’t use that
Sherman. 😁
jack
John Moses.
Hurricane Jack

kwg
J.R.
It will run and worry you and any other dogs or cats to death.
I call mine Cork Suckin Mutha Pucker.

You can name it anything you want when you get it, but you will find a new name for him before long.

I would go with Napoleon
Krab Legs.
Up to you but their great dogs had one that lived 15 years.
I've had two.

Jack Russel Terrorists is what we called them.
Django
Ruger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
It will run and worry you and any other dogs or cats to death.

Haha

I hope it runs the sheeit out of cats
Sparticus!
Killer.

It fits.

You need to hear Madmooner's Jack Russel vs Goose story!
Regenald

Reggie for short.

🦫
Mister Lynn
Mine was Taz(Tazmanian Devil).

Diogee.....
Ankle killer .
My Africa PH called his Pretzel. It was a ball of fire, and helped me recover some animals.
or maybe Renegade
Shet head .
Popcorn
scrapper. called my emmy lou, *EL* for short.
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Ankle killer .

Achilles
It'll be like owning a baby alligator...good luck.
Jack would be a unique name

🦫
Originally Posted by slymule
It'll be like owning a baby alligator...good luck.

Alligators are more easily trained, they obey 100x better and if left alone in the house will cause far less damage. 😁

I’d just keep it simple and call it No, it won’t listen to you anyway.
I would name it .22... You will probably end up using it on the dog.
There’s Jack Russels and then there’s Jack Russels.

The TV show “Frazier” made em popular and a bunch of ruined/inbred/docile examples were cranked out for the pet trade.

The original Jack Russel came in a variety of sizes, all were bloodthirsty as weasels and when/if they got loose would take off to look for stuff to kill.

Great dogs if you want that sort of thing.
Remus
He can train the dog to sit on his shoulder like a parrot .
Maser
Grover
Itll be either come ‘ere or get down
Lunch,my kid gave me one of his pups.Yippy little fugger bit my Rotty which in turn killed and ate it.
With the energy they have I'd go with Turbo.

Bb
Frankie
DAMMIT.
bloodthirsty as weasels and when/if they got loose would take off to look for stuff to kill.

If it doesn't work out, theres always jack the rug.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Amos Moses
Had a buddy from England send me a male and a female out of his grittiest stock of dogs. He used them to hunt and kill badgers and to bolt foxes out of holes. Any dog that'll take on a badger face to face in a hole in the ground is one bad*ss dog. I used to take one along every night coonhunting with my hounds as we had alot of abandoned irrigation pipe and alot of times the coons would hole up in them rather than tree. Every Jack Russel I ever owned would take on the biggest coon, and we took a few every year that would weigh 40 pounds. Absolutely no backup to those little dogs, and they're quick as lightening, they'd run down rabbits and catch every barn cat we turned loose. They're also awesome quick swimmers, saved many of my hounds from getting drowned in ponds or the river. A coon would get on top of a hounds head and they'd go underwater from the weight, that little Jack Russel would swim out and latch on to the coons face and snatch him off my hounds head. They're amazing little dogs, I'd swear you could sic them on a Mack truck and they'd think they could whip it. The tougher something fights the more psychotic they get - they love to fight and kill stuff. The most hard headed dogs I ever raised, but for what I used them for, they were perfect.
Originally Posted by slumlord
What would I name it?

So I can’t use that

Did you have a favorite TV show Jack Russell, Slumlord?

Birdie mentioned the Jack from Frazier.

My kids used watch some programming on tv after school that featured a talking Jack Russell dog.

That's what I would do, I would name him after your favorite TV show Jack Russell.
Dashawn
What would I name it?

So I can’t use that

Colonel Angus
Dick Head.
Spaz.
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
What would I name it?

So I can’t use that

Colonel Angus

Few taps on the head

LOL
Music.

If you are familiar with JRT's, you know it ain't gonna answer to anything you call it anyway.
lil bastid son of a beetch
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Up to you but their great dogs had one that lived 15 years.

Very spicy and fun to have, but ours are dying off at about that age too. Amazing how they can fight off coyotes, too, as long as it's one on one. And they re wonderful at scaring the bears off our property.

Packs are another story, as a group of coyotes took down a longhorn cow over at Founders Ranch near here a couple of years ago. Best to keep the Jack Russells in at night.

Norm
Digger?
Stains

"Come, Stains!"
Mine is named Beowulf. Should have named him Beelzebub
What would I name it?

So I can’t use that

Nippy.

My mom had one for a few years.
They have super energy you know. They are used in those basic training combat course competitions.
Mom's had a fenced yard and friend to run with.
I heard that they can be an unpredictable breed though.
It was mom's lap dog those years. Then out of the blue it nearly took her nose off. YMMV. Just something to keep in mind.
F uckin, useless nuisance ? get a real dog for F ucks sake.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
bloodthirsty as weasels and when/if they got loose would take off to look for stuff to kill.

If it doesn't work out, theres always jack the rug.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Lol!
Stonewall.. Mine was named Harvey.. wish he was still with me.
Turbo
All I know is what all the guys would name their black dog when I was growin' up.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
All I know is what all the guys would name their black dog when I was growin' up.

Toby?

Which is a cool name for a dog.
Mine are named: Kimber, Riley, and Blizzard.
Stains, then you get to snicker when you wife is yelling Come Stains at the top of her lungs.....
Sparkey was a great name for a long legged JRT
Closest I came to owning one was a very big rat terrier. I miss that little sh*t. I am partial to Cooper. I have an ECS gnawing on a buffalo horn at my feet as I type this. His named is Ernie. Get a lot of compliments on the name. Dave
Chaos
Leon
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

I have three labs FFS

recommend another dog for me then beside JRT

Rosco

had a chow named that, one day we had a different mailman he was barking at him my old lady went out there yelling n-gger. the mailman was a black guy, lmao he had a sense of humor.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

had a chow named that, one day we had a different mailman he was barking at him my old lady went out there yelling n-gger. the mailman was a black guy, lmao he had a sense of humor.
lol

I have three labs FFS

Chihuahua. Oh, ya, you have to get a Chihuahua. Then you have to post videos of the little guy shivering while you walk him. LOL
What would I name it?

So I can’t use that

Start out with "arby", which stands for
Rat bastard

At some point it will respond to "got dammit "
Oh, Ya!

Rocket.
While I’ve never owned a JRT, I had a Rat for 16 years and now have a Manchester mix. Both of mine have been great and know I am the f’n Alpha.
Rufus
I really don't get all the guys who say JRT's are "hyper". They're nothing like those timid little Rat Terriers. Don't get me wrong, Jack Russell's can make Disney's tasmanian devil look lazy, but they can also sleep 20 hours a day. And they all think they weight 500 lbs.
Xerxes I
Kong
What would I name it?

So I can’t use that

I don't know what you might name it, but having one will sure as hell reinforce that you are a big puzzy.

Maybe just get a Pomeranian of some such other fu-fu critter to go along with it.

MM
I had one many years ago named Makarov, Mak was a good dog. My buddy named his Gizmo.

I have three labs FFS

Rat terrier AKA fiests if you can find a good breeder. They do kill rodents. In the woods they roam about 20-50 yards out, also used for treeing squirrels.

Unlike a JRT they also follow instructions.
Forrest, after Nathan Bedford Forrest
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]host image online free

Not mine but a killer tracking dog and not an azzhole at all.
Dogbreath.
Originally Posted by persiandog
Xerxes I

To bad he didn't live in Sparta TN. Ha ...
Originally Posted by jmh3

There is a reason every outfitter in Africa has one.
They're not fussy eaters?
Jeb
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
What would I name it?

So I can’t use that

I don't know what you might name it, but having one will sure as hell reinforce that you are a big puzzy.

Maybe just get a Pomeranian of some such other fu-fu critter to go along with it.

MM

What’s all this about?

I’ve posted a few pics of my other 3 labs

And pics of my massive pile of firewood.

I get no creds for that? 😃

Pomeranian would look like a giant ratted up fuzzy cockelburr

It have to make an outside existence here on the farm.

Earl
Originally Posted by kingston

They don't like green peas or raw onions.

And they snore.
Don't.
Name it "No You Spastic Fugger."
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
What would I name it?

So I can’t use that

MM

What’s all this about?

I’ve posted a few pics of my other 3 labs

And pics of my massive pile of firewood.

I get no creds for that? 😃

Pomeranian would look like a giant ratted up fuzzy cockelburr

It have to make an outside existence here on the farm.

I must be a mega puzzy...

Our little old blind deaf maltipoo is laying on the couch with me. Wearing a Pendleton dog sweater no less.

He'll growl if I try to get up....lol

One of my old concrete buddies had a JRT.

That bastard was hell on jobsite gophers, killing machine!
We should have named ours Hoover. Anything hits the floor she's all over it.
Originally Posted by kingston

Ours was half Jack,
Dad was a traveling salesman.

Being mixed with something takes them, a bit.
She was well behaved, and listened well.
She would help us out the plastic sheeting in the yard.
Tell her to sit in a corner, and she didn't move until told to.
Stayed in the yard. Untill something made the mistake of trespassing.
Then she chewed it's are the whole way home.

Eating?
She was the worst schdit eating dog I ever saw.
Would sit and watch the cat crap in the mulch, the run over and
have a mulch breaded turd snack.
Still warm.
Ahhh man

I don’t wanna be a couch cûnt or have a dog that eats kitty tootsie rolls. Especially not in my home owners association.

What about a Feist

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Bullet would fit.
Ripper
Jane ? as in Jane Russell
Miniature Pinscher is in that size range .
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by jmh3

There is a reason every outfitter in Africa has one.

My guide in Africa had one. I hit my zebra through both shoulders with a 375 ruger and it decided to run 150 yards out through tall grass. The jrt Balto was going nuts so we turned him loose. I still remember his head bouncing up out of the grass so he could see as he trailed it.

When he got to the zebra he ran around and grabbed its tail and pulled it up and then bit the zebra right on the brown eye. I asked the guide what he was doing and he said that's how balto makes sure they are not just playing dead. I asked why does he do that and the guide said because it works. Balto was a tough little dog but he was killed by a cobra later that year.

Bb
LOL.

RIP Balto!
I'd never get one after my friend ended up with 5 in his yard. He called them his "Lawn Piranhas". If a dog got brave and thought he was going to go in the fenced in yard and beat up a couple little dogs, it would end up with 5 vicious nasty critters hanging off of his body ripping him apart. If JRTs weighed even 50lbs, you'd have to cage them like a lion and feed them with a slingshot.
Ahhh man

I don’t wanna be a couch cûnt or have a dog that eats kitty tootsie rolls. Especially not in my home owners association.

What about a Feist

Fiests is what rat terriers were before breeders got ahold of em. Teddy Roosevelt liked them immensely, even bring a couple into the Whitehouse IIRC.

Used to be general purpose farm dogs; vermin control, intruder alarm and small game hunting. Not as one track mind as a Jack Russel.
Our JRT was named Rascal. It fit. Jacks have a certain intensity, or intelligence in their eyes. I have not seen any comparison in other breeds.

Neighbor 1/2 mile away had a JRT named Charlie. Charlie got in the habit of hiking up to our house each morning and again in the afternoon, play with Rascal for an hour or so, then jog back home. Funny as hell.

Rascal was about three or four months old and was lounging on the couch. I sat down beside him and scooted him to the side. He growled. I slapped him on the ass. He nipped at me. I snatched him up and spanked his butt with my hand. He then went after my hand, snarling and biting.

So I picked him up, threw him down on his back, and grabbed him by the throat. I held him that way for several minutes. After that, I was alpha until he died.

Rascal was absolutely wonderful with our grandbabies. He would fuss and cry, and run the fence if the kids were around but outside the fence. He ran and played nonstop with the kids. The kids would become exhausted and take turns running with the dog. After the kids went home, Rascal would go to bed and sleep for hours.

He had the strongest predatory drive of any dog I ever knew. He absolutely loved fighting with raccoons. Was death on pocket gophers or marmots. And yes, he thought he weighed 500 lbs.

Many Jacks can be trained to not molest cats, but it takes some doing. Our cats survived because they all stopped and rolled over onto their backs when ever Rascal tried to chase them. No pursuit.....no fun.
Originally Posted by reivertom
I'd never get one after my freind ended up with 5 in his yard. He called them his "Lawn Piranhas". If a dog got brave and thought he was going to go in the fenced in yard and beat up a couple little dogs, it would end up with 5 vicious nasty critters hanging off of his body ripping him apart. If JRTs weighed even 50lbs, you'd have to cage them like a lion and feed them with a slingshot.

+1
Friends of mine have one, they say it's the worst mistake they ever made.

BUT, it's probably a good match for the OP.
Just a aggravating POS.
Eddie
Log up the cats. My friend in South Africa got on the bad side of his wife when his new terrier decided to execute some of the farm cats. The wife was not impressed. She got over it though.

He's a pretty good dog. Not a PB JR, some sort of cross with another small terrier, he's a little longer legged and taller, but still small.
Got plenty of room to roam, no whiney old people close by.

My neighbors let their dogs run free here on our dead end road. What’s one more?

Originally Posted by AB2506
Log up the cats. My friend in South Africa got on the bad side of his wife when his new terrier decided to execute some of the farm cats. The wife was not impressed. She got over it though.

He's a pretty good dog. Not a PB JR, some sort of cross with another small terrier, he's a little longer legged and taller, but still small.

Someone dropped a big tabby tom off a week ago. It’s already gotten squashed. Probably not 10 cars in a 24 hour period on this hard top. Darwin feline.

Dogs didnt even get a chance to run it I don’t think.
Impi
A friends Drahthaar died and he was looking at other breeds.
Wanted something a bit unusual, and he likes the breeding standards
of the Germans.

Anyway he discovered some breed, which I can't recall.
When he inquired, the breeder ask why he wanted a dog.

When he found out it was going to be inside and a pet he refused
to sell.

Said if you want a feisty little dog for a per, get a JRT.

These dogs of mine are not civilized pets, they aren't ever going
to be nice and friendly. Their only use is for farm type pest control.

Would love to see them in action. If they are that much more
aggressive than Jacks.
Ahhh man

What about a Feist

What a magnificent animal! He must be at least 12 inches at the shoulder. Ha ...
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Impi

Midget.
Originally Posted by dpd
Rosco

I like it. Or Bosco...if he has any chocolate coloring.

I think we're all assuming Slum's getting a male?
Yappy
Ahhh man

What about a Feist

Great squirrel runners!
JRT's seem to be hit and miss, maybe to much inbreeding?
Originally Posted by blindshooter

Great squirrel runners!

Think I was wrong. Sounds like an excellent dog for TN.
Zip
Had 3 at the same time. Bad idea...

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Bullet.. R.I.P. He Was a Hunting Machine..

Attached picture received_1519918164836491.jpeg
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by blindshooter

Great squirrel runners!

Think I was wrong. Sounds like an excellent dog for TN.

Safer that way, no risk of mudsharkery.
© 24hourcampfire