Home
Posted By: jdunham Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
You thought primers were tough to find before? You ain’t seen anything yet. Hope everyone has what they need, this is going to be a long one.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
And not just primers
Posted By: viking Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
Y’all know how to eat with chopsticks? Are they reusable? (Sarcasm)
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
Watch a schit load of ammo and components come on the market in the next 2 weeks to a month.
A cornucopia at skyhigh prices never seen before....

"Just outta the blue"...........
Posted By: jdunham Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by TBREW401
And not just primers

It will be everything once the uninformed realize what is about to happen.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
Our grandson works at a farm store. He said ammo comes in daily, and goes fast.
Posted By: hanco Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
Might be time to sell a bunch of rifles.
Posted By: killerv Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
I hit Academy monday morning, line all the way from door to side of building. We sat in truck until it went away, went in and they had literally brought all the ammo they had to go out to the front of the store on a rolling metal shelf. Scored 3 bricks of 22lr.

I sure would love a pound or two of Varget
With sales like that they should be able to ramp up production...
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21

"Begin"!?
Originally Posted by 5sdad

"Begin"!?

Maybe I should have said hoarding on steroids?
Posted By: Redneck Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by TBREW401
And not just primers
Got THAT right........
Posted By: Chisos Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
Mine began in 1994 after the Clinton primer scare.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
Heres my very first bit of advice before it all starts...

Horde .223 ammo that will cycle through an AR

Yeah, you're never going to use it all, but if anybody on "our team" stops by and needs ammo, they should get it.

In any event, it will become currency.
Posted By: shortleade Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by killerv
I hit Academy monday morning, line all the way from door to side of building. We sat in truck until it went away, went in and they had literally brought all the ammo they had to go out to the front of the store on a rolling metal shelf. Scored 3 bricks of 22lr.

I sure would love a pound or two of Varget

pm sent
Posted By: Hudge Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
I’ve been seeing 5.55 and 9mm ammo daily for the last week at Sportsman's Warehouse.
Originally Posted by Hudge
I’ve been seeing 5.55 and 9mm ammo daily for the last week at Sportsman's Warehouse.

At double last year's prices. Soon triple.
Good thing I've been hoarding since Kennedy was shot. Anybody who didn't is a retarded [bleep].
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
Great idea, with things in short supply and overpriced already let's encourage more of the same. Brilliant !
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Great idea, with things in short supply and overpriced already let's encourage more of the same. Brilliant !

I don’t think anyone is suggesting anything. Just commenting on the craziness that is about to ensue. People thought it was bad before, this one should be a doozy based on what we have already seen.
I have a solid back up cache but for me the days of going to the range weekly and burning through several hundred rounds each visit are over unless supply starts to pick up again. I just don't see how I can replace what I have.

I'm hoping the ammo and component manufacturers see value in scaling up their production equipment given now that the insane demand will likely not abate any time soon. While they've stressed that they're running at max capacity throughout the nonsense in 2020, I question how many of them have actually invested in scaling up their production capacity itself, probably thinking the demand may be temporary.
Posted By: sse Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
i have a lot of percussion caps
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by copperking81
I have a solid back up cache but for me the days of going to the range weekly and burning through several hundred rounds each visit are over unless supply starts to pick up again. I just don't see how I can replace what I have.

I'm hoping the ammo and component manufacturers see value in scaling up their production equipment given now that the insane demand will likely not abate any time soon. While they've stressed that they're running at max capacity throughout the nonsense in 2020, I question how many of them have actually invested in scaling up their production capacity itself, probably thinking the demand may be temporary.

Back during the Obama panic (remember all of the terrible things that came of that?) the excuse for the manufacturers not scaling up their production capability was that they would be left with a great deal invested when the panic subsided and not be able to recover their investment. Exactly how has that played out?
Posted By: tzone Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by ingwe
Heres my very first bit of advice before it all starts...

Horde .223 ammo that will cycle through an AR

Yeah, you're never going to use it all, but if anybody on "our team" stops by and needs ammo, they should get it.

In any event, it will become currency.

Yep.
A little too late. Ain’t nothin left to hoard.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by Hudge

well I hope you bought some
Posted By: cooper57m Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by copperking81

With the exception of 12 & 20 ga target ammo for skeet & trap, I'm with ya. I'm not shooting any handguns or rifles (excluding .22s which I have plenty of leftover ammo from my .22 benchrest days) unless I can find ammo to replace what I shoot at reasonable prices I've been shooting rifles for 50 years and handguns for 40, I'm thinking I don't need a heck of a lot more practice.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
STFU wouldn't be the better course of action ?

LOL! Suck a bag of dicks!
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Let the Hoarding begin - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by renegade50
Watch a schit load of ammo and components come on the market in the next 2 weeks to a month.
A cornucopia at skyhigh prices never seen before....

"Just outta the blue"...........

LOL prolly true.
Originally Posted by jdunham

LOL! Suck a bag of dicks!

He is out of stock. Just a few pubes and a wet spot in the bottom his bag.
© 24hourcampfire