Home
Posted By: ribka Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21
There's always money to made in chaos. Distractions are when the big moves occur. 2020 had great returns if prepared.

Shifting some investments to some overseas companies as devalued pretty badly in 2020.Energy stocks have had a good run the past week and oil over 50 bucks now. Pulling out of tech for awhile. Gonna be an interesting year and don't want to see portfolio hit like in 2008, 2009.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21
I'm betting it tanks in the morning.
Posted By: ribka Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by gregintenn

two days ran up. Aftermarket showing losses now. Be prepared for bargains if it gets really bad
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21
Wall street is giddy over more stimulus under Biden.
They think the fed has a bottomless wallet of digital money.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21

Not sure why it would. A giant infusion of trump cash not long ago, with another pending.
Posted By: ribka Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Biden reinstalled the swamp corporate class and the idiots think he's for the middle class.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by ribka

Biden reinstalled the swamp corporate class and the idiots think he's for the middle class.

Yep, the "victim" in the abusive relationship keeps voting for the same thing over and over, but can't understand why nothing changes.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21
Stock Market.
It apparently likes what’s going on today.
Posted By: GuideGun Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21
Dow will be at 33,000 by the end of 2021.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21
Scared of the stock market at this moment..... Cashed out the other day and got cash in the bank. Gonna watch and see what happens.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21

And they are right about that.
Originally Posted by Stickfight

And they are right about that.

Fact.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Scared of the stock market at this moment..... Cashed out the other day and got cash in the bank. Gonna watch and see what happens.

Might be much more to be scared about than the Stock Market.............
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by 65BR

I dont doubt there is much more to be scared of than the stock market, but the stock market is one worry I dont have at the moment.

I dont doubt there is much more to be scared of than the stock market, but the stock market is one worry I dont have at the moment.

As Forrest Gump would say, “ That’s good. One less thing to worry about “.

Tomorrow should be interesting for the market as will the close on Friday.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21

keep in mind that .5% or so you are earning in the bak is way below the inflation rate. you lose.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21

Wouldn't hurt to own just a bit of precious metal... in hand.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21

I'm all cash.
I got 600 bucks
Posted By: OldHat Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21

Exactly.
The dems are going to go on a speeding spree. 2K stimulus. State and city bailouts are coming first I suspect.
Debt has no meaning. It's not even talked about ay more.

https://usdebtclock.org/

The GREAT RESET is coming folks, and guess who is going to come out on top.
Originally Posted by OldHat
The dems are going to go on a speeding spree. 2K stimulus. State and city bailouts are coming first I suspect.

Trump did something like this recently if I'm not mistaken.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21
Endless digital money funneled into the stock market, what could possibly go wrong? stupid is as stupid does.... Forest Gump....
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I got 600 bucks

I'm waiting on the $1,200.00 that Biden promised if the Dems took Georgia. That's $1,200.00 in addition to the paltry $600.00.

Trump offered chump change compared to what is coming.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21

For the Dems, allowing the cities to burn over the summer was simply an investment. They knew it would help trash Trump, and then if they took over, they would just spend all our money rebuilding all those liberal cities that they themselves allowed to be destroyed.
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
I got 600 bucks

I'm waiting on the $1,200.00 that Biden promised if the Dems took Georgia. That's $1,200.00 in addition to the paltry $600.00.

Wasn’t it $2,000 ?
Posted By: irfubar Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

For the Dems, allowing the cities to burn over the summer was simply an investment. They knew it would help trash Trump, and then if they took over, they would just spend all our money rebuilding all those liberal cities that they themselves allowed to be destroyed.

Brother Jake, I think it is much more sinister than that. I believe the goal is to devalue urban real estate so they can buy it up for pennies on the dollar, then with the great reset they will force people back to the cities and make bank

Exactly.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/07/21
Just wait till he actually takes office.

Then get ready for the ride. shocked
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/07/21

Tomorrow's futures in the green

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ribka Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/07/21
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Tomorrow's futures in the green

[Linked Image]

Ive been checking mine in off hours trading and all are up now.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/07/21

Wasn't just letting the cities burn. Cuomo, Newsome, Wolfe and the others who have driven their states into the ditch with ridiculous lockdowns to influence the election have done so with the expectation that they would be bailed out. That is about to happen.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/07/21
Originally Posted by jdunham
. . . Wasn't just letting the cities burn. Cuomo, Newsome, Wolfe and the others who have driven their states into the ditch with ridiculous lockdowns to influence the election have done so with the expectation that they would be bailed out. That is about to happen.

Yep!
Posted By: BCBH Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/07/21
Originally Posted by irfubar

Brother Jake, I think it is much more sinister than that. I believe the goal is to devalue urban real estate so they can buy it up for pennies on the dollar, then with the great reset they will force people back to the cities and make bank

Winner, Winner!
Posted By: 65BR Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/07/21

To clarify if need be, I meant, much more to be worried about than one's financial investments.........

The damage that might be brought by this administration could be in many many ways as folks know.
Posted By: EdM Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/07/21
I'm not worried.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/07/21

Trump Hate Chump.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/13/21

The GREAT RESET is coming folks, and guess who is going to come out on top.

I'd like to.
Tell us what you know.
Posted By: xarcher Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/13/21
You're either believe in market returns in the long run or you don't. But trying to time the ups an downs will drive you nuts as you all know. The market has made 30% corrections (or bear markets if you prefer) a few times in the past and recovered. Regardless of who was in office. I don't put much stock in Biden causing the market to dip, just as I did not put much stock in Trump causing the market to rise. (Actually the S&P 500 was up more in Obummer's 4 years than DJT's 4 years). But if you are really that worried about Biden's policies affecting the market, take some of your 2020 profits and sit on that cash to weather any storm. But to sell all and sit on 100% cash is not something I will do.

That said, I am up over 7% so far in January and finished up 50% in 2020. Heavy in tech. The swings will come. And if there is a 30% correction??? Well I'm still ahead factoring in 2020. But I'm sitting on enough cash to get me through 2 years. Makes sleeping at night easy.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/13/21
Originally Posted by xarcher
You're either believe in market returns in the long run or you don't. But trying to time the ups an downs will drive you nuts as you all know. The market has made 30% corrections (or bear markets if you prefer) a few times in the past and recovered. Regardless of who was in office. I don't put much stock in Biden causing the market to dip, just as I did not put much stock in Trump causing the market to rise. (Actually the S&P 500 was up more in Obummer's 4 years than DJT's 4 years). But if you are really that worried about Biden's policies affecting the market, take some of your 2020 profits and sit on that cash to weather any storm. But to sell all and sit on 100% cash is not something I will do.

That said, I am up over 7% so far in January and finished up 50% in 2020. Heavy in tech. The swings will come. And if there is a 30% correction??? Well I'm still ahead factoring in 2020. But I'm sitting on enough cash to get me through 2 years. Makes sleeping at night easy.

Sounds reasonable to me. I got 45% from a NASDAQ index fund. That won't happen on a regular basis. I guess I'll ride it out. As I get older, it gets more unnerving.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/13/21
Originally Posted by GuideGun

Laughin' here...................in 6 months, it'll be down by 20% or more, gas will be $3 a gallon.

If we're lucky.

MM
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/13/21
Short term Stimulus.....UP. Long term Biden and his “Stylish” cabinet screw everything up.... DOWN.
Posted By: windridge Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/13/21
Originally Posted by ribka

Yep, the "victim" in the abusive relationship keeps voting for the same thing over and over, but can't understand why nothing changes.

I had a dog, Chico the GWP, who bit every porcupine he found.
Posted By: windridge Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/13/21

Inflation will be your big enemy in 2021 and beyond with all the "free" money blowing in the wind.

I'm in green tech and EV companies. The Dems will pump these and dump fossil. They'll dictate this for at least the next two years and four if they keep both Houses.
Posted By: hatari Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/13/21
Guys,

I did a conference call with some of the fund managers and economists for Fidelity this past Monday. While they forecast a Spring and Fall pull back, they see t 2021 ending on the upside as the vaccine opens the country and world back up.

What to invest in?

It's simple, what do the Dems want to push?

HealthCare
Biotech
industry automation

The Fidelity people seem to firmly believe there are not the votes for Medicare for All, but that Biden will push Healthcare and Biotech. They are Hallmarks of his previous work as VP. This messenger RNA technology is likely to unlock successful treatments for many other conditions beyond the WuFlu. They are buy Pfizer, Roche, Squibb, Eli Lilly, Mederma etc. Look up what is in their funds, that will tell you where the money is going.

Things to avoid?

Fossil fuels. They are not into coal and petroleum.

They see continued migration from the urban rust belt Forget commercial realestate in the short run.

They don't see the current deficit spurring inflation anytime soon. They back that up by noting Obama's stimulus trillions did nothing to inflation.

Take all that how you will, but these are the people that are trained and manage HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of dollars. When they buy and sell, the market moves.
Posted By: xarcher Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/13/21
Originally Posted by hatari
Guys,

I did a conference call with some of the fund managers and economists for Fidelity this past Monday. While they forecast a Spring and Fall pull back, they see t 2021 ending on the upside as the vaccine opens the country and world back up.

What to invest in?

It's simple, what do the Dems want to push?

HealthCare
Biotech
industry automation

The Fidelity people seem to firmly believe there are not the votes for Medicare for All, but that Biden will push Healthcare and Biotech. They are Hallmarks of his previous work as VP. This messenger RNA technology is likely to unlock successful treatments for many other conditions beyond the WuFlu. They are buy Pfizer, Roche, Squibb, Eli Lilly, Mederma etc. Look up what is in their funds, that will tell you where the money is going.

Things to avoid?

Fossil fuels. They are not into coal and petroleum.

They see continued migration from the urban rust belt Forget commercial realestate in the short run.

They don't see the current deficit spurring inflation anytime soon. They back that up by noting Obama's stimulus trillions did nothing to inflation.

Take all that how you will, but these are the people that are trained and manage HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of dollars. When they buy and sell, the market moves.

These are also the guys who pay their fund managers to underperform.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/13/21
Wall Street waiting for another stimulus /quantitative easing hit. They are heroine addicts, riding a bubble and waiting for that next hit.

I'm too close to retirement to risk my career earnings with heroine addicts.
Posted By: worriedman Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/13/21

And worth 8,000 in 2000 dollars...
Posted By: worriedman Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/13/21
Originally Posted by hatari

Checked to see how much is in a bag of chips, or in the bottle of laundry detergent? What is a new pick up costing these days?

No inflation's rear end...
Posted By: 65BR Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/13/21
Folks, GDP was changed in it's calculation (formula) under Obama......

and Inflation metric does not include Food and Energy.......

Btw, anyone remember the AFFORDABLE Care Act? Obamacare? Your premiums will go - said the Muzzie...what did they do?

https://www.bankrate.com/personal-finance/smart-money/is-inflation-higher-than-you-think/
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/14/21
I just sold my Aphria. $10.18. Paid $2.42

I’m buying back some oil too. I’m up on SLB and HAL. I’m buying more MMP and probably XOM just because.
Posted By: CBB Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/14/21
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Laughin' here...................in 6 months, it'll be down by 20% or more, gas will be $3 a gallon.

If we're lucky.

MM

Scheeeit its already 2.79 here in guvna Wolf land
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/14/21
The market should do well for a little while. China is open for business and all the major players have their orders in.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/15/21
372,000 businesses shut down in NY and Chicago alone.......per Rush L. today.........

Folks, do you really believe the economy will have legs under a Communist regime? Taxes are going up on Corporations and people.

Proceed with caution is my .02
Posted By: Fiddy Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/15/21
372,000 businesses shut down in NY and Chicago alone.......per Rush L. today.........

Folks, do you really believe the economy will have legs under a Communist regime? Taxes are going up on Corporations and people.

Since those are mostly small businesses which are not publicly traded, wouldn't it be a good thing for stock market companies in the long run?
Posted By: 65BR Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/15/21
To your point, I thought long ago that the Left was crushing small biz to transfer biz to Corporate America...........

But remember, when small businesses go under, unemployment goes up...........spending down.

Corporations need consumers..........gainfully employed consumers, or sales, revenue and profit falls - all else equal.

I am no economist. Just an MBA.
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/15/21
Originally Posted by Fiddy

Since those are mostly small businesses which are not publicly traded, wouldn't it be a good thing for stock market companies in the long run?

You can't have a middle class if you don't have successful small businesses. They are destroying the small businesses to destroy the middle class, and when you don't have a middle class you become like all other third world countries living under tyranny with no freedoms.
Posted By: Fiddy Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/15/21
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

You can't have a middle class if you don't have successful small businesses. They are destroying the small businesses to destroy the middle class, and when you don't have a middle class you become like all other third world countries living under tyranny with no freedoms.

I don't disagree with that, but I wonder to what extent they will be able to leverage the Fed Reserve's grip on world monetary policy to print money out of thin air and distribute it in a quasi- UBI scheme. It doesn't make sense to me to kill the cow when you can milk it, so I'm not yet convinced they want to totally destroy America.
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/15/21

I don't disagree with that, but I wonder to what extent they will be able to leverage the Fed Reserve's grip on world monetary policy to print money out of thin air and distribute it in a quasi- UBI scheme. It doesn't make sense to me to kill the cow when you can milk it, so I'm not yet convinced they want to totally destroy America.

They won't destroy the ability to produce.

They will destroy the ability of you to be able to live in freedom, and have a chance to better your life, because you will be dependent on them for your day-to-day survival, just like all peasants are around the world in third world countries.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/18/21
Good posts folks.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/18/21

They won't destroy the ability to produce.

They will destroy the ability of you to be able to live in freedom, and have a chance to better your life, because you will be dependent on them for your day-to-day survival, just like all peasants are around the world in third world countries.

Yep.

The feds distruction of the dollar will be labeled by the left as "free market failure" and they will cite this as reason to take over private industries.
Posted By: cooper57m Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/18/21
We did a 403b retirement fund/mutual funds (American Funds) via deferred income for the last 18 yrs or our employment. I don't micro-manage our investments and last year our investments increased by 19%. Over the last 29 years our total investments have more than quadrupled. We are very pleased. I was gobsmacked actually. I really wasn't expecting that kind of increase for 2020. About the only good thing to happen in 2020.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/22/21
Hope those profits get locked in, if a big correction....or long term crash comes.

Times sure seem much more uncertain now, than the past 4 years.......
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/22/21
Hope those profits get locked in, if a big correction....or long term crash comes.

My play account on Ameriprise is close to cashed out. 65% in crease since April 3rd. My more substantial accounts with our CFP are still in riskier funds. Working with him now to find a path forward that keeps our earning as safe as possible in the near term.
Posted By: EdM Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/22/21
I am not worried.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/22/21
There is always something going up. I like energy because I work in it. Green energy and battery technology will go up. Especially the companies the.congress critters own and push.
As long as people and companies have 401 Ks and add money to the market every check the market will trend upward over time.
Posted By: centershot Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Wall Street waiting for another stimulus /quantitative easing hit. They are heroine addicts, riding a bubble and waiting for that next hit.

I'm too close to retirement to risk my career earnings with heroine addicts.

Where do you keep it?
Posted By: centershot Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/22/21

Feeling a bit more nervous with current administration. Going to wait for next stimulous then I think I will do some rebalancing to more balanced funds and less growth funds. My retirement window is now about 10 years.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/22/21

So do the Democraps. They always just print more money.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/22/21
Good posts folks.

Very Interesting thread.
Posted By: ribka Re: Stock market 2021 - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
There is always something going up. I like energy because I work in it. Green energy and battery technology will go up. Especially the companies the.congress critters own and push.
As long as people and companies have 401 Ks and add money to the market every check the market will trend upward over time.

Speaking of EV and Biden , Moved a bunch of funds into ABML. a few weeks ago. Up over 200 per cent already
© 24hourcampfire