Home
Posted By: prplbkrr "I'll Take It" - 01/07/21
....but you don't receive a pm. You get a 2nd "I'll Take It" with a pm.

To whom do you sell?
Posted By: slumlord Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/07/21
Then retard #1 doesnt know to PM someone or got cold feet or his mommy said no.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/07/21
If you posted in the thread the 1st I'll take it wins, then that ought to be the rule of winning.

If someone said that, then follow up with your own PM to them. If they don't respond, then the second in line gets it.
Posted By: 16bore Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/07/21
Send a PM. No response, go to #2.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/07/21
Originally Posted by 16bore

That's what I would do.
Posted By: aalf Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/07/21

The first guy is a newby with his first post saying he would take them.....but being a newby, he can't PM.
Posted By: prplbkrr Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/07/21
#1 is over his pm limit.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/07/21
Originally Posted by aalf

The first guy is a newby with his first post saying he would take them.....but being a newby, he can't PM.

If that's the case. I would explain that in the thread, and therefore the reason you have to go with #2.

#1 should understand.
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
#1 is over his pm limit.

Which is what it shows when you're new & can't PM.....
I don't want to be a dick, but if I cannot contact #1, I have no choice but to go with #2?

Or deal with #1 in the open classified?
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/07/21
If the seller would stipulate that the first I take it with a pm confirmation, it might take care of the issue. Just a thought

Maybe the seller did word it that way, I didn’t see the add in question
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/07/21
In the open classified, tell #1 to make 20 posts then PM you.
He
can
do
it
this.
I wouldnt buy or sell with a new guy

First world problems
Posted By: hanco Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/07/21

That’s what I do.
Originally Posted by hanco

That’s what I do.

Buyer is a noob, has one post........ responding to my ad.

Can't do pm's until 20 (?) posts.

I replied to the"buyer" that he is to new to do business with. I have moved on to #2.

Not to be a dick, but business is business.
Posted By: utah708 Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/07/21
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
If you posted in the thread the 1st I'll take it wins, then that ought to be the rule of winning.

If someone said that, then follow up with your own PM to them. If they don't respond, then the second in line gets it.

You would think that would be the case, but I lost a gun the other day because the seller was engaged in PM conversation with another buyer and decided that would supercede his "First public 'I'll take it'" rule specified in the ad. Not a big deal, but it would you should follow your own rules.
I believe 20 is the minimum number established some time last year. It was set up to limit the low post count new users responding to WTB ads who turned out to be scammers.
Posted By: efw Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/07/21

+1
Originally Posted by utah708

You would think that would be the case, but I lost a gun the other day because the seller was engaged in PM conversation with another buyer and decided that would supercede his "First public 'I'll take it'" rule specified in the ad. Not a big deal, but it would you should follow your own rules.

I agree 100%, but if I cannot be contacted, or I cannot contact him through a pm (his post count is too low) how am I s'possed to do business with him?

Hence the reason for this thread.

I ain't gonna put my phone # or email address on the open forum. Not gonna happen.

I do not expect him too, either.
I ain't gonna put my phone # or email address on the open forum. Not gonna happen. I do not expect him too, either.

He should give you his email, you can copy & paste it in an email to him, he can edit out his info within 24 hours, so as not to leave it for public view.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/07/21
The Classifieds can get complicated when you're offering multiple items. When someone PMs and says they want something, I always request that they post "I'll take it" publicly so that all can see that a deal is pending. Guys who post "I'll take it" and don't communicate to firm up the deal can leave a seller hanging and in a position of having to put further firm offers on hold. I always try to keep things in the open to avoid these situations, but not everyone is as fastidious as I am about such things. Just gotta use your best judgement and try to be fair in any case.
Posted By: rem141r Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/07/21
is #1 poop or pee? i forget my elementary education.

And some guys like to stay incognito, skip the public "I'll take it", and say so in a PM.

Which I agree with most, that the 1st ITI, whether public or private, wins the prize.
Originally Posted by rem141r
is #1 poop or pee? i forget my elementary education.

Drop a "duece" help clear things up?

And some guys like to stay incognito, skip the public "I'll take it", and say so in a PM.

Which I agree with most, that the 1st ITI, whether public or private, wins the prize.

Some people take 4 days to notice the blinkie envelop thingie. Usually the 80-90 yrs olds. grin
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/07/21
Originally Posted by slumlord
I wouldnt buy or sell with a new guy

First world problems

This.
Posted By: RJL53 Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/08/21

I ain't gonna put my email address on the open forum. Not gonna happen.

I do not expect him too, either.

That's why some people use "disposable email addresses" in cases like this.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/08/21

In that case I wouldn't sell it to him. I won't engage in any transaction with someone who doesn't have some history on the site.
Posted By: deflave Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/08/21

To whom do you sell?

Follow your heart.
Posted By: kevinJ Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/08/21
Slumlord

My blinker envelope is always blinking. Has been since I joined. Rick said cant be fixed. Oh well.

Since your connected to bin can you get that fixed for me?!

Give buyer 1 the opportunity to post his emails to you. If he cannot do that promptly just move on.

Or just move on I guess to a more seasoned campfire member. Fugg guys joining to buy one thing and moving on.
Posted By: Uncle_Alvah Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/08/21
Seems to be a lot of overthinking on this. It's your rifle. Sell it to whomever you please.
Posted By: Uncle_Alvah Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/08/21
Seems to be a lot of overthinking on this. It's your rifle. Sell it to whomever you please.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/08/21
Originally Posted by deflave

To whom do you sell?

Follow your heart.

Yep
Posted By: DMc Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/08/21
Follow your conscience. If he posted an "I'll take it" first, I think he should have first right of refusal, and you owe him that.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: "I'll Take It" - 01/08/21

^^^This^^^
© 24hourcampfire