Home
When I say “win” I mean you brought up a problem, you discussed it, faults were admitted and a positive change then ensued. And all without it turning out to be your fault, this is the elusive part for me.

What say you fire?

MM
Yes.
That’s an oxymoron.
Once.

It was a very cold night in the barn.

I'm a quick study, and I've only won once.
Often though we very rarely fight.
Yes, Two of them first one agreed to go away in 69, second one in 72. I won!
I have won them all.

My wife doesn't realize it yet.

miker
When you "win", you lose.
Law of averages says you have to win eventually.
Only moral victories. Never an actual apology and change.
My wife is a multi tasker... She can bleed and complain at the same time.
Never recall losing one.
Sure I have. Gotta pick your battles. Some hills are not worth dying on.
I won one once and my wife wrote me an apology on a sticky note where I’d catch it and read it when I came home from work. This happened about 15 years ago. She thinks I’m a butthead for having it framed and hanging it in my shop.

I think I was justified in doing so since she put it in writing....
Normally when I pick myself up......
Yes, but it took a spinning hook kick to the temporal bone. Never heard the end of that one, so guess maybe I didn't win?
Results to date are inconclusive. Ain't a single one that ever ended. Somehow we put up with each other though...I guess we see the ideal sparring partner in each other. Life is good.
Originally Posted by AKduck
Yes.

Or so you thought
yes.
When she gets pissed at you, just tell her she’s overreacting. She’ll realize you’re right, and she’ll calm right down.
It can be hard to communicate with someone that doesn't track on your wave length. Beating them about the head and neck usually brings them around.
Once or twice in the 44 years we have been together.

Have not been many fights over the years.
My what? Hahahahaha. Hopefully wont make that mistake again.
only takes a couple of times to tell them where the door is, once they realize you're not kidding they become more open to talking like adults.
Headphones.
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
When I say “win” I mean you brought up a problem, you discussed it, faults were admitted and a positive change then ensued. And all without it turning out to be your fault, this is the elusive part for me.

What say you fire?

MM

You have got to be shitting me...in what world are you living?
Simple answer....No.

🦫
Originally Posted by antlers
When she gets pissed at you, just tell her she’s overreacting. She’ll realize you’re right, and she’ll calm right down.

Oh yeah...I so want to be there when he tries that approach.
It's been my experience that a wife is good for about 20 years before they go sour.

I'm 21 years into my second one. She gets mouthy every now and then. I don't fight with her, though. I just tell her she's talking stupid again and to let me know when she gets over it.
Yes.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Oh yeah...I so want to be there when he tries that approach.

The other approach is to tell her that she’s not being rational.
Always works.
I dont know for sure. Let me go ask her first.
Actually we dont have many fights. 42 yrs married.
We don't fight. We have highly spirited disagreements. I have about a 50% success rate. smile
Peace and justice.....learn the difference .
Yes, then realized I had actually lost, “You can be right, or you can be married”, she’s way more educated and won’t engage in anything she’s not convinced she can win. When we both realized the strength of the position I was discussing (we don’t argue, ever, we occasionally debate ideas), she didn’t take it well, I being happily married 12 years and wanting to stay the same quickly spun the dialogue to lose, on purpose,

We’ve had very few intellectual debates since, she doesn’t complain I hunt and fish constantly, I don’t try to act smarter than her, seems to be working, I had to get all uppity and try and win one throwing off the balance,
Will Rogers said:
There are 2 methods to argue with a woman.

Neither works.
Originally Posted by szihn
Will Rogers said:
There are 2 methods to argue with a woman.

Neither works.

There's 2?
I will when i die. I wont do what she accuses me of.

Lol! You’re going to ruin some young poor kids first relationship
Win the battle, lose the war.
I just say “ yup your right”....sometimes toss in a “your always right”. She just gets more pissed, goes to bed and won’t talk to me for 2-4 days.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
When you "win", you lose.

Sage advice...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Never
I'm thinking some guys here have a slightly different definition of winning an argument with the wife than I do. After 45 years of a sometimes very rocky marriage, I figure any fight I walk away from physically unscathed is a win for me. Since she knows where the guns are and how to load and handle them, I try to realize where the line in the sand is.... sometimes....

And that old saying "happy wife, happy life"? Bunch of BS- placating a woman to keep the peace but making yourself miserable all the time isn't what I call a happy life. Kissing a woman's ass in order to, well, kiss her other close by parts just doesn't seem to be working for most guys I know, especially me....
My marriage was dull.. never had a fight. I just let her have her way.
In 44 years we have never had a fight.
She just says calmly, "I am not going to argue with you."
Then we pretend she was right.

But our daughter.... I was paying her to do chores and we would argue over money and details. She is a better at verbal battle than any attorney I have argued with.
Sometimes appearing to lose is a win
Five weeks away from 38 years. If we have had a fight, I do not remember it.

But then I do not drink, nor fug around, and neither does she. So what is there to fight about?
Lol, wtaf?
If you can not bring reality into your relationship, why should she stay?

Kind of hard for me to win an argument with my wife as I am not much of a cook.
Neverrrrr. Be Well, RZ.
The female mind does not allow it. Retribution simmers beneath a sweet smile.
Tried a different approach last night. Lead with apologizing for where I was at fault in the issue, then shut up. She proceeded to also apologize( that has been a tough nut to crack over the 16 years)and Darned if it didn’t turn out better than normal( me being pissed off for the next week).

I might have actually learned something

Who knew

MM
Yes, but the aftermath is far worse than losing the argument.
Man's ole Indian name, Yes Dear.
my wife is my partner, not my adversary I had three previous wives. Bi Polar, contentious, difficult women. The 29 years with this one has been conflict free. I know every hot button she has, and I just don't push 'em.
We get along very well. There have been some fights in nearly 24 years, and I would say the worst ones we had were over wedding plans, lol. I suppose if score were being kept, we would be at about 50-50, but there really isn't all that much I gaf about. Life is what you make of it, and that wasn't a very hard lesson to learn.
No!!
I am blessed in that my wife and I do not fight... we actually very rarely disagree and even when we do, it is no big deal and certainly nothing to fight over. I am one blessed man
I married a Norwegian
Originally Posted by efw
That’s an oxymoron.

EXACTLY !!!!!
Originally Posted by Morewood

That what she tells me.

Women aren’t always right, they just never wrong.

DF
Originally Posted by Morewood

This right here.
We don’t fight much, pretty much the same ideas on things.
My wife and I don't fight.... if we did I would surely win. wink
I’ve won a fight or two, but then I lost the ensuing peace.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload a photo to link to
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]pic share link
Several. I usually don't say much when I think I might be wrong. It usually gets a little heated (not too bad. No yelling or anything usually.) Then she either gets where I am coming from or will think about it for a while and get back to me in a few days after she has thought about it.. Not always the case, but enough for me to know she is listening.
© 24hourcampfire