Home
Posted By: websterparish47 Snow - 01/11/21
A real novelty here in north Louisiana. Went out at 7PM to find it falling heavy. Lasted until about 9:30 . Only about a half inch here.

Internet has been down most of the day. Guess someone has hit another pole.
Posted By: EdM Re: Snow - 01/11/21
My son in Shreveport advised the same. We had a light dusting here in the Hill Country.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Snow - 01/11/21
Snow in Big D. Too bad my daughter and I cannot be there.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Snow - 01/11/21
deleted, double post.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Snow - 01/11/21
Probably gone by tomorrow. Enjoy before it's gone.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Snow - 01/11/21
As many problems as it can cause, we need more here.

Without it we're looking at a really bad summer. Springs went dry early last summer, if we don't get more soon, they're likely to go dry before spring ends.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Snow - 01/11/21
the day or so after i got to barksdale in january 82 it snowed about 6 inches there. the place was gridlocked. it was some kind of 50 year record or something. we walked out the main gate and watched the cars trying to cross the bridge over the red river. it was like bumper cars.
Posted By: hanco Re: Snow - 01/11/21
We got a little bit yesterday evening, covered the ground
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Snow - 01/11/21
No snow in south Kansas.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Snow - 01/11/21
They say 50’s this week. I’m going to do some work on the truck it’s going to be so nice.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Snow - 01/11/21
We had a foot in December. Almost have my new plow put together for the next one.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Snow - 01/11/21
Originally Posted by websterparish47
A real novelty here in north Louisiana. Went out at 7PM to find it falling heavy. Lasted until about 9:30 . Only about a half inch here.

Internet has been down most of the day. Guess someone has hit another pole.

Larry, we got about 1 1/2"-2" last night. Sure is pretty this morning, but it's suppose to get into the 40's today, so it will be gone before long.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Snow - 01/11/21
8” here yesterday.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Snow - 01/11/21
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
8” here yesterday.
Whoa!
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Snow - 01/11/21
The Farmers Almanac predicted that we'd warmer and wetter than normal this winter. The warmer part is happening. The wetter part is totally wrong. We got a couple inches before Christmas and that's been it for the winter. We need snow.
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Snow - 01/11/21
Randy it blew east pretty quick. Y'all got a lot more than here. Near 11:00 now and ground is still covered. A little still in bed of pickup that blew in.

National weather service predicted snow on Monday and kept the prediction up until Thursday then took it down. Yahoo weather denied it even when the snow was falling.

Lots of accidents on I-20. Driving too fast cause it looked like there was no accumulation on the road. East Texas got hit pretty hard though my sister in Plano said the little that fell at her home there was gone by midmorning.
© 24hourcampfire